• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I heard Manchu is playable for PM.

Get at me.
Neko, I am disappoint. I expected you to reply within seconds of this post. I heard you have a third ear that can sense the word Manchu everytime its typed. I am disappoint.

iLink

Smash Champion
Neko, I am disappoint. I expected you to reply within seconds of this post. I heard you have a third ear that can sense the word Manchu everytime its typed. I am disappoint.
He's disappointed enough to say it twice

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
And by that, you mean that you're so hyped for it that you can't express how excited you are.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
As if. Raichu won't be around until there's a clone engine or some type of Character Roster Expansion code.
I really wish I had a USB gecko, or I would try to make the latter.

G

genkaku

Dantarion pulled an all-nighter and single-handedly finished coding PM. Duh.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
BETTER IDEA! How about we just remove every Brawl character? I don't know why we should keep them, this game is for Melee players.
I C WUT U DID THAR.
But your
mocking
logic is flawed.

If having Lucario (Brawl character) means not having Mewtwo (Melee character), than the melee character should hold more importance than the Brawl character.

But in the case that a Brawl character doesn't mean not having a Melee character, then there is no reason to remove them.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Furries need some love too. Not to worry though... Mewtwo WILL pass judgment on Lucario in the poke-afterlife.

camelot

Smash Ace
I C WUT U DID THAR.
But your
mocking
logic is flawed.

If having Lucario (Brawl character) means not having Mewtwo (Melee character), than the melee character should hold more importance than the Brawl character.

But in the case that a Brawl character doesn't mean not having a Melee character, then there is no reason to remove them.
That's not how it works. Especially when Shanus already said (multiple times) we aren't replacing any characters.

Why does everyone associate Lucario with Mewtwo, anyway? It's because they're both floaty and have the same neutral-b, that's why. Other than that, they're not even close. You can't even attempt to half-*** parts of Mewtwo onto Lucario, because the characters and their playstyles are almost nothing alike.

Such was not the case with Mario/Doc, and Toon/Young Link, though, for obvious reasons.

Lucario CAN work in a Melee environment. The first step to make this happen is to remove the gimmicky percentage-based Aura in favor of a different power-up system more suited to Melee. But we aren't replacing Lucario with Mewtwo, or attempting to mix the two together, for reasons I've already said.

Also, a legitimate clone engine is not our highest priority right now.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
That's not how it works. Especially when Shanus already said (multiple times) we aren't replacing any characters.

Why does everyone associate Lucario with Mewtwo, anyway? It's because they're both floaty and have the same neutral-b, that's why. Other than that, they're not even close. You can't even attempt to half-*** parts of Mewtwo onto Lucario, because the characters and their playstyles are almost nothing alike.

Such was not the case with Mario/Doc, and Toon/Young Link, though, for obvious reasons.

Lucario CAN work in a Melee environment. The first step to make this happen is to remove the gimmicky percentage-based Aura in favor of a different power-up system more suited to Melee. But we aren't replacing Lucario with Mewtwo, or attempting to mix the two together, for reasons I've already said.

Also, a legitimate clone engine is not our highest priority right now.
Shanus can change his mind :p

Why does everyone think that everyone associating Lucario with Mewtwo is wrong, anyway?
They are both floaty, have the same neutral-b. Other than that, they also share quite similar playstyles, as anyone who has used them both in both games would know.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Yeah, Samus is pretty much just like Lucario and Mewtwo. She's floaty and has a similar neutral B.

I C WUT U DID THAR.
But your
mocking
logic is flawed.

Roy was removed from the series with Brawl, and Ike is obviously there to replace him. Does that mean Ike should be removed so Roy could be put in? (they both have a sword and a neutral B that OHKO's when fully charged, derp).

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yeah, Samus is pretty much just like Lucario and Mewtwo. She's floaty and has a similar neutral B.

Roy was removed from the series with Brawl, and Ike is obviously there to replace him. Does that mean Ike should be removed so Roy could be put in? (they both have a sword and a neutral B that OHKO's when fully charged, derp).
derp indeed.
They have much more in common than being floaty and having a similar neutral-b.
LRN2PLAYLUCARIO+MEWTWO

Doesn't matter anyway though, it's not like any characters will be replaced.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Why should Mewtwo be in Project M anyway? It's not a recreation of Melee. It's more like Melee 2.0, a sequel, that plays very similarily to Melee. If you want Mewtwo in Brawl or Project M, download him and put him in the game. I know someone's working on him.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Is Mewtwo gonna be in this?
Highly unlikely. As of now, the Project M Back Room has taken the stance that no Melee characters will return unless they can be seamlessly added without replacing any character as well as have their own Character Select icon.
Please, please read the FAQ in the second post.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
What if it wasn't Lucario who replaced Mewtwo?
WHAT IF IT WAS POKEMON TRAINER THIS WHOLE TIME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

mitch2302

Smash Journeyman
pokemon trainer is clearly ****ty anyways, he didnt even level up his pokemon evenly. hows he gonna make it to the elite four and get at that masterball?!

NO WONDER HE HASNT CAUGHT MEWTWO!

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
lol Plum, you're having too much fun. Some people actually take this thread seriously. =V

Rikana

Smash Champion
I heard jigs is the baby form of Mewtwo. She's floaty and not afraid of anything. You can interpret her neutralB as the actual shadowball itself except its in pink.

She also cries when she gets hit.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Mewtwo and Lucario do play very much alike.
And Mewtwo is cooler.
Lucario is better though.

-DD

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, I see Lucario starting combos with dtilt and Mewtwo spamming fsmash and escaping stings with dair all the time.

>_>

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Not very much. There's just hints of Mewtwo's playstyle in Lucarios. Up-B does no damage, Down-B is ****ty, Smashes are slow and unreliable for killing (except lucario's FSmash, which is awesome), light and floaty, charge move is a kill move (though this is debatable for lucario, it's pretty ****ty), Up-Tilt is a flip, F-Tilt and D-Tilt are fairly decent, aerials are great.
I'm pretty sure Lucario is heavier than Mewtwo though. Don't know where a list of Melee weight values are, so can't check.
Differences in combos are more the physics differences between the two game. Never actually played P:M yet, so don't know how he feels in it.

Someone in Toronto needs to have a P:M tourney, or at least a side-event. I want to play this so badly. At least I'll get to play at Apex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom