• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Not this **** conversation again.

Just finish trolling the P:M thread with your teasingly presented news, then reveal it plz. You tricks.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Someone in Toronto needs to have a P:M tourney, or at least a side-event. I want to play this so badly. At least I'll get to play at Apex.
There are people in Toronto that have PM.

Just curious. Where in Toronto do you live? Also, do you play Melee? There are smashfests that goes on in Toronto. I have no interest in the Brawl aspects of it but I do try to make it to the Melee events.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I don't play Melee (mostly because I've never actually owned a copy and relied on borrowing it). I live in Weston. Never actually thought to check the Melee tournament threads.

Of other random news: It just occurred to me that I don't know what Sheik's DTilt is, in any version of Smash.

Rikana

Smash Champion
^^^^

Check Regional Zones > Canada.

------------

Also, sorry for bringing this up and I hope it doesn't go on for pages about pointless discussions but I have something in mind for L-canceling. People ask why do you even bother L-canceling when there isn't a time where you wouldn't want to L-cancel. Well, why don't we increase the penalty for missed Lcancels?

I don't know what the current penalty for mistimed Lcancels is/are (I think I remember you can't spam LRZ as much like in Melee - something like 10 frames where LRZ inputs won't be applied? Someone correct me on this) but what if we add more lag to mistimed ones. Say.. about 10 more frames of lag upon non-Lcanceled aerials? No one Lcancels perfectly and P:M's Lcancel system actually make sense unlike Melee's where you can literally keep spamming the LRZ buttons within 7 frame (not sure if it was 7 frames) spans.

But.. the same argument still remains.. "muscle memory, still doesn't prove why we shouldn't Lcancel, etc". Just thought I'd throw it out there and see what people think.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
How is it possible that anyone can think Lucario and Mewtwo play similarly?

****, Lucario is closer to MARTH than he is Mewtwo. Mewtwo sets up combos with d-tilt, ***** fast fallers with fair chains, kills floaties with upthrow, uses nair as a sex kick (****ty sex kick, but still), ****ING TELEPORTS!, disables people with down B, gimps with bair, and does double jump cancel shenanigans ALL DAI!

Lucario's all about fairing, camping f-smashes and Aura spheres, and playing super duper keep away until he gets enough damage on him for his hits to actually matter.

And you people think Lucario plays like that....at all?

^^Rikana..not true. L-canceling has no fail window. You can spam it every other frame if you really want to.

Also, your idea doesn't give a reason NOT to L-cancel. It just makes it even more important not to mess up (which is already pretty ****ing important when you've got characters like Marth who basically jizzes himself when a Falco misses an L-cancel)

Rikana

Smash Champion
Also, your idea doesn't give a reason NOT to L-cancel. It just makes it even more important not to mess up (which is already pretty ****ing important when you've got characters like Marth who basically jizzes himself when a Falco misses an L-cancel)
Yeah. I mentioned the same arguments still remain but it would definitely feel more satisfying by actually having an entire match without a missed Lcancel. Think of it more in terms of the high risk high reward kind of setting. L-canceling is easy enough as it is. Why not make the punishment heavier than what it was originally so people don't mindlessly run in and spam Lcancels because a missed one can result in laggier non-Lcanceled aerials.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
He does indeed. The best way of contacting him is probably via PM or IRC though.

Aren't you in PMBR, Plank? If not, you should be.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I thought a few things in regard to L-canceling that might be interesting. Please hear me out because I think it's a cool idea, but might not be for this project.

First of all, as I've mentioned, it would be easier to direct your shield and actually not seemingly randomly get shield poked if you could control your shield easier without rolling or dodging. So perhaps in general it would be a good idea, regardless of anything else in this post, to just make it so you either have to smash the stick or whatever so you can move your shield more freely without the other inputs interfering. Secondly, I think if you increased shield stun that these two things would just make a much more interesting defense/offense game. Maybe even other things could be done with shield movement/size to make this work out better, and maybe something also with the L-canceling window. I don't even know if you'd need to do any of these things, but it might be worth experimenting with.

Consider the implications - you can more freely defend and the opponent would have to read you. You can mess with offense, which would be better, but if the offender fails an L-cancel it's not just simply a mistiming but a misjudgment. Then the punishment isn't for merely the mistake but is related to skill. I don't know how this would work out overall and if vets would simply hate it, but it doesn't seem like it necessarily would change the feel of the game that much as making it take more thought.

Either way I think the input thing should be coded and even if it isn't included in this game released otherwise.

Pen_island

Smash Cadet
Wait, did Dantarion actually do something or not? Also I wish there was a summary or something of the stuff that goes down in this thread every week or so. I'm getting sick of lurking here only to find arguments about mewtwo and l-canceling and other pointless craponly to find the occasional hint that something in this project actually got finished : (

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
We're making solid progress.

Spoils would kill hype. We're working on giving you non-spoiler hype to bite on, however.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wait...

You perfected porting one character over another? Or is this a side breakthrough that you wanted to post about?

Either way, awesome :D

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Breaking news.

We're replacing all characters with Jiggs and changing the name of this game from Project: M to Project: Hungrybox

Details at 2300.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Evil is a prerequisite for PMBR access.

I'm evil.

I Sacred Combo's an 8year old kid on his last stock with a large group of people watching at a Melee tourney I went to last month.

I've hobbled and CG'd another kid at a Brawl tourney I went to, and also did that to a smasher's girlfriend in a pools match.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
So to be clear:

It was impossible to have two of the same character happening at the same time (for instance, you can't edit Marth and alsp have Marth, making including any Roy edits in P:M impossible as an example).

What Dentarion seems to have done is found a way to copy a character onto another character, thus working around this limitation (unless this could already be done). Thus if you wanted, you could copy Marth and his structure onto an alloy and then the alloy could become Roy.

There are four alloys, so there could be four "Fallen" character edits in this pack. So it's possible that we may see Mewtwo, Roy, etc.

Just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom