• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i played sc professionally, but i havent touched sc2. i have way too addictive of a personality and i just dont have the time or am not in the place in my life to get into a game competitively

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
If the charge time is of about 1 or 2 frames after the hitbox, then I think it would be implemented.

>_>
Nah just make it simple. Like 20-25 seconds. It's not much and it gives some characters a chance to approach without fear from Anything->rest. At least for a few anyways.

Good players like Hbox will be to busy spamming bairs to notice the charge XD

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Nah just make it simple. Like 20-25 seconds. It's not much and it gives some characters a chance to approach without fear from Anything->rest. At least for a few anyways.

Good players like Hbox will be to busy spamming bairs to notice the charge XD
If players won't notice it, the addition is pointless.

If players will notice it, it goes against one of the points of the project (no nerfing).

Catch 22.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
If players won't notice it, the addition is pointless.

If players will notice it, it goes against one of the points of the project (no nerfing).

Catch 22.
-_-. Then lets remove the charge from everyone. Like Wario's DownB or lets Buff Luigi's UpB so that it kills the same as Puff's rest. :psycho:

Why not?:urg:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
FAQ says no. Except for the PMBR, none of us even know if this includes the other requirements which are having an individual CSS icon.

EDIT: Well, and not replacing a valid playable character (basically anything that isn't alloys) as shanus said.

shanus

Smash Hero
The FAQ explicitly states that we won't replace a character, however Dant's new progress does not replace a character. What new implications Dant's progress has made could certainly change things, but no promises will be made.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Take everything as a maybe. This project made it far enough to have a hype trailer before we cut Hybrid Airdodge out.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I think he means that we won't hybrid Toon and Young Links.

But I doubt we'd bring Young Link back even if the Clone Engine did work. Too many Links.
-DD

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Even as a Link main, I'm going to agree that we don't need three of them, unless we considerably revamped Toon Link's moveset into something considerably more loyal to WW.

Chances of that happening: Nil.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
what the hell does that even mean?

man this **** is getting ridiculous -_-
What I meant is that Toon Link was being built as a YL TL hybrid. If YL entered the picture, that would change things. Not that it would happen necessarily, even if a clone engine has been discovered.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
Even as a Link main, I'm going to agree that we don't need three of them, unless we considerably revamped Toon Link's moveset into something considerably more loyal to WW.

Chances of that happening: Nil.
Suppose I'm a little biased here then. I played a lot of YL in Melee, didn't really enjoy playing as Link, and just couldn't get into TL in Brawl and Brawl+. I think that even with similar movesets, there's a lot more justification in including YL as a third Link than putting in Roy, Pichu and Doc (as much as I love Doc, since he was my Melee main). That's because there's big play-style differences between how YL and TL were conceived between Melee and Brawl.

And I also think that TL could be Melee'fied in a very different way than YL is. If YL never existed, you guys would likely end up tweaking TL into something that isn't so close to YL anyways.

But hey, I'm not developing the game, it's not my choice, so I won't complain about it if you guys decide to forgo YL. Again, if it would even be possible to include him now.

But I will hope that regardless of the decision, we're left with some Link that's more like Young Link than not.

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo is really the only one that needs to be brought back if Dantarion's discovery leads to a working clone engine.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
don't you be leaving out roy. fire emblem: 3 instead of 2 representatives. that's not too much at all.

hell, roy had different physics and playstyle than marth, even. and GoG made a great concept of him, with the brawl marth's range and a meaningful tipper mechanic.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Even if we can port the missing characters, we still need the rest of the things before we'd fully implement it - battle portrait, sound effects (should be easy to rip from Melee), taunt alterings, what else am I missing? If anything, I'd love to bring Mewtwo and Roy back. Doc is probably next. I don't really care much about YLink and Pichu.

ds22

Smash Lord
Even if we can port the missing characters, we still need the rest of the things before we'd fully implement it - battle portrait, sound effects (should be easy to rip from Melee), taunt alterings, what else am I missing? If anything, I'd love to bring Mewtwo and Roy back. Doc is probably next. I don't really care much about YLink and Pichu.
The Doc will probably not make it back in (seeing Mario got some of Doc's features).
Pichu probably has a better change at getting in.
But that is just my P.O.V.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
But if Pichu isn't in, then who's the worst character in the game?
If Sakurai was making it? Link. :urg:

It's not the case in PM though. ;) He's very solid, and one of the more (I think) polished characters in the set right now. Melee top tiers, and anybody you see on the Dojo are also pretty polished, FYI.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You guys are forgetting that even if they get a working clone engine, they still have to actually make the characters. Some of the PSA/model projects like Mewtwo have been going on for months, but they're still very far away from being finished. You would have to wait until the characters were 100% done, which could take many more months, and then the PMBR would have to take all the time to tweak/remake them for PM like they did with the regular characters. And that's if they decide to officially add any characters at all.

My point is: Don't get too far ahead of yourselves.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I really like what you guys did with Lucas. Just wondering though, what was his N-B? I can't recall ever seeing it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
to the guy who asked: Im a dev and I live in MW. Falco400 and SHeLL also live in Ohio.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I really like what you guys did with Lucas. Just wondering though, what was his N-B? I can't recall ever seeing it.
Offense Up, which is both a better replacement and almost canon to Lucas in the game he appears in. It's a charging-type move which, when completed, gives a one-time power boost (and bonus effects) to the next executed smash attack which increases both damage and knockback.

I say almost canon because Offense Up actually improves your Offense in battle by 20% on first use and 8% for the second and third use. Obviously, that kind of boost, even if only for one stock, is a bit broken in the context of Smash Bros.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Suppose I'm a little biased here then. I played a lot of YL in Melee, didn't really enjoy playing as Link, and just couldn't get into TL in Brawl and Brawl+. I think that even with similar movesets, there's a lot more justification in including YL as a third Link than putting in Roy, Pichu and Doc (as much as I love Doc, since he was my Melee main). That's because there's big play-style differences between how YL and TL were conceived between Melee and Brawl.

And I also think that TL could be Melee'fied in a very different way than YL is. If YL never existed, you guys would likely end up tweaking TL into something that isn't so close to YL anyways.

But hey, I'm not developing the game, it's not my choice, so I won't complain about it if you guys decide to forgo YL. Again, if it would even be possible to include him now.

But I will hope that regardless of the decision, we're left with some Link that's more like Young Link than not.
What needs to happen:

Someone ports the new Young Link model to Toon Link to work over the normal moveset as a 1 slot deal. Then people will have 3 choices

1. Use Young Link for one slot.

2. Completely replace Toon Link with Young Link (Personally, what I would do)

3. Don't use Young Link at all and stick with Toon Link.
4. The next post Neko makes.

Then everybody wins. :3 And since people are already working on it, that makes things better. ¦D

D

Deleted member

Make offense up affect Lucas's B moves as well.

I think I recall somebody telling me this is not possible, but it'd be interesting.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
So I noticed in a video I watched earlier that you changed ganon's f-smash animation back to the elbow...warlock punch f-smash looked so much cooler though...

Revven

FrankerZ
So I noticed in a video I watched earlier that you changed ganon's f-smash animation back to the elbow...warlock punch f-smash looked so much cooler though...
Think of an animation that fits the neutral B without increasing its range and we may change the elbow back to the warlock punch animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom