• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Make offense up affect Lucas's B moves as well.

I think I recall somebody telling me this is not possible, but it'd be interesting.
I think this would hurt lucas more than help. If you use offense up you'll more than likely save the boosted smash for a kill move. If it affected his B moves then after offense up is charged you would be unable to use his side-B/recovery because it would waste the boost. side-B isn't exactly a kill move(iirc don't kill me if it is e.e) So if you wanted a killing smash you'd have to charge and not use your projectile which i could see as being kindof annoying and detrimental to his spacing.. since i'm a Link main and we have panic attacks if we go more than 3 seconds without throwing something at someone.. i can understand the potential annoyance of having to hold off on using your projectile.. unless your name is samus/lucario at least.

I probably phrased that badly.. sorry. You get the idea though.

Or on the other hand they could make it so a charged side-B has kill potential and it doesn't affect up-B then i guess it wouldn't be an issue.. but imo it's fine how it is.

inb4thejokewentoveryourhead

Stevo

Smash Champion
make it affect his taunts, so they are 20% more taunting

to make this post seem less like useless spam, is there a recent youtube video for P:M Marth? I noticed last time I watched a video, Marth still seemed to need some tweaking.

or perhaps, even better, could I be given the name of a youtube acount other than jCaesar that uploads P:M vids? I'd love to take a look.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
make it affect his taunts, so they are 20% more taunting

to make this post seem less like useless spam, is there a recent youtube video for P:M Marth? I noticed last time I watched a video, Marth still seemed to need some tweaking.

or perhaps, even better, could I be given the name of a youtube acount other than jCaesar that uploads P:M vids? I'd love to take a look.
i have a bunch.

-cubaisdeath
-SN3AK8288
-Strongbad338guy‬‎
-smk2‬‎ (has like 7 uploaded)
-dantarionX (i don't think he uploads matches but still <_< and he uploads when he finds something.. i think.. ya idfk)
-ConnorTheKid‬‎

that's all i have ._. not rly a bunch but w/e

D

Deleted member

Think of an animation that fits the neutral B without increasing its range and we may change the elbow back to the warlock punch animation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3FSsNA78iI

1:50-1:54

A neutral b that uses a jab animation and reflects projectiles (OoT boss battle) and trips opponents in range of the jab dealing dark effects and setting up tech chases. Tripping is in OoT because its so legit. As a bonus, its also canon to the game.

I just wanna see warlock punch and u tilt die in a fire.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I didn't list JC because he said "could I be given the name of a youtube acount other than jCaesar that uploads P:M vids? I'd love to take a look."

So i didn't list him =/

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Sugarhigh has a lot of good vids of a lot of characters, including marth.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
hey um I haven't tested this out for a while but the last time I played (a few weeks ago), Ganon's side+b would gimp Snake's up+b recovery. I think this was in brawl but I'm not entirely sure. does anyone care to explain to me why that happens?

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
If a viable clone engine really emerges, I just need Roy and Mewtwo.

Then I'll be happy forever.

But people would take even more time in the project animating and balancing the clones D:

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Question.. is Luigi's recovery going to be toned down a little bit because in the Melee environment you'd get sued by Jiggz and Peach if you could recover that far. Or is it going to stay the same because of how easily intercepted it is?

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
BTW is there any way at all for you guys to get rid of the button delay online? So freakin annoying in regular Brawl as it is, but with something so frame-dependent like Melee it's even harder.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
One question then i'll shut up again..

Is Nintendo in the position to make wifi work better? Is it possible for them to?

If it is then they gain 50 more hate points from me.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Brawl's netcode is terrible.

There is a mandatory button delay of 6 frames I think. Even with the best internet ever in the concept of internets.

Soooo

no

D

Deleted member

Why would they improve wifi at all?

They barely try to improve anything period.

This is Nintendo we're talking about. New Super Mario Bros Wii is just a polished version of a game made 20 years ago. Look how far they haven't come.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
If Nintendo was the type to fix their online coding post launch, I'm not so sure this project would be necessary in the first place...

Anth0ny

Smash Master

There is a mandatory button delay of 6 frames I think. Even with the best internet ever in the concept of internets.

Soooo

no
brawl hackers have seemingly cracked everything under the sun in this game. Are you telling me there's no way those 6 frame can be removed?

/ishopeful

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace

Soooo

no
Gay. Especially since half of Melee's moves/combos come out in less:
Rest
Reflector
Shine-bair w/ Fox
Doubleshine
SWD
Drillshine
L-cancelling
Float-cancelling

Hack past the button delay? Lol I dunno, just getting desperate.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace

Soooo

no
Ah, i see. I thought they could fix up the server or something but i guess i was wrong. Thanks.

Why would they improve wifi at all?

They barely try to improve anything period.

This is Nintendo we're talking about. New Super Mario Bros Wii is just a polished version of a game made 20 years ago. Look how far they haven't come.
Trufax.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Ganon should be able to do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LUpYqXq_Es&feature=related

But yeah, I was wondering if the momentum gained by zairs is going to stay the same :0
arguably the greatest thing My eye's have seen a ganondorf do.

Question.. is Luigi's recovery going to be toned down a little bit because in the Melee environment you'd get sued by Jiggz and Peach if you could recover that far. Or is it going to stay the same because of how easily intercepted it is?
I hope it stays the same. I'm pretty sure it's been decided that most things that are better in brawl are staying the same. I'm not sure if you've ever tried to play a good fox with luigi in melee but it hurts just having the shine, Nair, shine you off and watch you die. This way at least Luigi's Viability at a high level isn't depending on how many times you can misfire during the match.:chuckle:

On an "Is it possible" note. Is it possible to hack the name entries to more then 5 slots?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
@Spam

no, luigis recovery def. needs to be toned down. he doesn't even seem to need up b to recover atm. ofcourse he had trouble recovering in Melee, his down b wasn't even a recovery option. but now in Brawl it has way too much reach, i would even argue that half that distance would be too much. (his up b has decent reach also)

EDIT:

btw im curious, i saw that new Luigi "greenmisslemisfirestucktothewallthingy"......does that have any relative links to Melee's wall grappling mechanic??

(awesome SFX and animation btw...kinda lolzy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom