• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
^

>implying that success is guaranteed and this game can't be ****ed up some how.
No. I'm implying that this game won't be allowed to be ****ed up. You really think the devs would allow that? No, of course not. The game is a success before it's even out. Even if some freak thing (nothing short of the apocalypse) ****s the game up i'm still gonna play it and enjoy it.

I said "no matter which path they end up choosing" so if you were paying attention you'd know i meant on the subject of ledge occupancy and thus there was no reason to call me out on it.

As i said before you seriously need to stop searching so hard for things to attack me with. It's getting quite ridiculous. You seriously wanted me to imply that the devs are screw ups and will possibly let the project go to **** in my previous post? Sounds rather unreasonable.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
As i said before you seriously need to stop searching so hard for things to attack me with. It's getting quite ridiculous. You seriously wanted me to imply that the devs are screw ups and will possibly let the project go to **** in my previous post? Sounds rather unreasonable.
Holy mother of ****, cut it out man. Just stop. Please. It's getting painful to watch you misunderstand and reply to obvious bait/troll/NEKO responses.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
This just popped into my head but as far as Meleefication goes. How will that effect Adventure mode? It would be kinda fun to replay that with melee physics in the future. What's to be done about Final Smashes? I know in some cases if you are losing you'll come down with a final smash...although its been so long I forget the stipulations for that.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It'll probably be just as to more awesome than playing SSE with Brawl- on. I mean, seriously, wavedashing has to have some useful applications there.

Hrrrmmm... Does SSE just add a number onto the gravity of characters, or does it have a set value for each one? That could mess with Melee fall speed.

G

genkaku

I honestly don't think anyone cares what happens to final smashes. They could crash the game and maybe two people would feel at most a twinge.

Almas

Smash Lord
In general, environmental gravity is handled by a pair of variables which are float multipliers of 'gravity'. This was discovered by Paprika Killer.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
In general, environmental gravity is handled by a pair of variables which are float multipliers of 'gravity'. This was discovered by Paprika Killer.
So, there are indeed independent values in the SSE that force a standard run speed and fall speed? It's probably one of the most irritating things to see Falcon run super slow in it.

It doesn't matter much, but I'm only curious. Just getting two codes like that and then using the P:M engine would make a slow and tedious mode rather enjoyable (hell, just using Eldiran's Zero Link was entertaining because of dash mechanics and higher fall speed).

shanus

Smash Hero
SSE has its own second set of attributes in each character pac. Modify those to match PM and it should have the same physics.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That was my other theory, but I figured there would've been some arithmetic behind it rather than straight-up values.

Does OpenSA2/Tabuu identify those values or are they not labeled yet? I know this is all irrelevant to P:M, but it's something I'd want to do on my own for the hell of it.

mitch2302

Smash Journeyman
can we haz c-stick in single player mode?!

also, how do computers fare in P:M?

also, learn2play melee cuz the ledge occupancy is fine the way it was

also, sora ur not very quick.

Renji64

Smash Lord
I cant wait for this code set. good luck to the team. I have a question I play my brawl codesets through my usb loader. Will Project M Have custom Box art it would be sweet if it did

Rikana

Smash Champion
I think its more ridiculous how defensive you are in everything you say. But to be honest, its entertaining watching people get so fired up lol. So, resume.

Its a trap.

-------------

Any thoughts on a new upB for Olimar? I'm really curious what they're planning to do with Olimar in general as well.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
can we haz c-stick in single player mode?!

also, how do computers fare in P:M?

also, learn2play melee cuz the ledge occupancy is fine the way it was

also, sora ur not very quick.
How am i not quick when the whole point of my post was that he needs to stop trying to point out something wrong in every little thing i say? Whether he's joking or not it gets rather irritiating. Seriously.

Holy mother of ****, cut it out man. Just stop. Please. It's getting painful to watch you misunderstand and reply to obvious bait/troll/NEKO responses.
Whatever, you need to chill out. It's not that big of a deal.

Does SSE Really matter?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Pretty much. I only bothered playing it when I tried out Zero Link and that was somewhat enjoyable because of Dash, Nair, Dair, and wall sliding. He also fell faster which was nice. Otherwise, any other character still needs the attributes changed to be even remotely worth playing on it. Melee air dodge will help a ton though.

And obviously, if anything from the P:M codeset causes freezes on it, I won't care either way.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hmm.... maybe they are in the STDT somewhere?

I'll check the Summit when I can.

Edit: LOL I almost accidentally spelled out STD.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I highly doubt the Project M codeset will have anything that freezes SSE. To my knowledge, the stage roster expansion system is the only code that has any affect on 1 player experience, and it only makes all star mode unplayable. Though while I agree with MKP, I'd rather we not bother discussing SSE for the time being...

Whatever, you need to chill out. It's not that big of a deal.
As long as you understand this yourself.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
LMAO Snake and Link can Keep up with Sonic in SSE. Who's too slow now Sonic indeed.

Moving on, I'm still waiting for the time I can turn on the Wii to test the Summit.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
I highly doubt the Project M codeset will have anything that freezes SSE. To my knowledge, the stage roster expansion system is the only code that has any affect on 1 player experience, and it only makes all star mode unplayable. Though while I agree with MKP, I'd rather we not bother discussing SSE for the time being...

As long as you understand this yourself.
I do understand that what he said/the whole discussion wasn't a big deal. No worries.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
*Assuming that your making Mewtwo Meleeish*
>_> That was my goal since P:M came into being, since Mewtwo was originally a B+ thing...but now I'm just trying to find time to finish off Mewtwo as is, then I'll go back and make him super-melee-type.

-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Note: Although I mention Mewtwo having a form that fits in P:M, it in no way states that Mewtwo will be an official part of P:M.

-DD

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
plus they're the only random part of the awesome stage that is Yoshi's Story <_<

I R MarF

Smash Ace
So... anything new with Project M recently? Perhaps some accomplishments with some of the characters, throws, landing detection, etc.?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Get hype for Dantarion being the greatest person ever.
Send him your love. All of it.
Sorry JCaesar, but Dant is getting my love at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom