• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
Also, an idea for DK's earthquake slap.

Give it set BKB, the ability to be JC'd after a certain frame, and the ability to shield poke opponents from the bottom.

I can see this used to stop rolls and spot dodges, to inflict shield pressure, then to combo from the set BKB.

DK needs something interesting to decentralize his metagame of shffl bairs and uair juggles. A more dynamic and engaging mechanic that isn't unilateral.
This, totally this.

And no, Gamedominator wasn't serious.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
EDIT: I should've refreshed the page :p

And yeah, I was definitely joking about the release date.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
"Project: M will be released sometime between tomorrow and 5 years from now."
-Person who i remember there name which is JCaesar

I R MarF

Smash Ace
So aside from throws, friction, DI, L-cancelling during hitlag, landing detection, and character meleefying, what other aspects of the game need to be changed to feel like melee?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Hey guys

I played PM at GREV XI and it was pretty awesome, but I noticed a few things and I'm wondering if you guys are going to address them.

Of course this was two weeks ago so if you guys made any huge updates then I'll be outdated but..

1) It seems too hard to edgeguard now from the ledge
I didn't see much, if any, edgeguarding from the actual ledge. Against many characters it doesn't feel as good anymore. For example falcon has his side-b recovery which actually does something now, making it harder to do anything while hanging on the ledge trying to swat him away.

2) Grabs slide like crazy
At least compared to melee. And yeah you have pivot grabs in brawl which slide even further.. i was just wonderng if this was intentional or if it's going to be made more like melee

Otherwise it was pretty awesome, good **** guys :D
For (1), this is mostly related to the edge grab distance. Most character's edgegrab distances are untweaked from Brawl, which is to say, they're huge.

Tabuu can now show ledge grab boxes and allow editing, so we'll be fixing this up soon.

(2) This may be related to friction, although the JC Grab code may need some fine tuning as well.

Krautrock

Smash Apprentice
Ledge occupancy is currently planned to work as in Brawl, correct? People will actually have to time their edgehogs/rolls precisely now. The Melee system really made no sense and was actually less skill based.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
well, a byproduct of that is that characters with a large ledge attack will be buffed. i can't recall who has a really amazing one, besides bowser. i know fox has a good one (FOX? BUFFED? WHAT?)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Ledge occupancy is currently planned to work as in Brawl, correct? People will actually have to time their edgehogs/rolls precisely now. The Melee system really made no sense and was actually less skill based.
it's crucial to the melee feel, it will be returning.

AeonClock

Smash Apprentice
And on the ledge discussion, are you still planning to have Melee's BS "knee grabbing" boxes? I mean, they really didn't make much sense to me >_>

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Question: assuming all the Brawl characters will be in this, I can safely assume PT will return. With that said, with PT's pokemon still have the stamina effect or will this be removed?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Question: assuming all the Brawl characters will be in this, I can safely assume PT will return. With that said, with PT's pokemon still have the stamina effect or will this be removed?
stamina encourages camping, and they seem to want every character to be approaching 100% of the time, so im sure they'll remove it

shanus

Smash Hero
let's just forget about this question for right now

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
stamina encourages camping, and they seem to want every character to be approaching 100% of the time, so im sure they'll remove it
it's not that we want everyone to be approaching 100% of the time, it's that we want there to be a balance between offensive and defensive play, with perhaps a slight inclination toward offensive play.
so, melee style.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wait, is this the glitch where the game still thinks you're on the edge during a roll from the edge (and I believe gua as well)?

That'll be annoying as hell if it gets put back in.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Eh, I suppose I'll learn to deal with Melee ledge occupancy if it gets added.

But I won't like it.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Question, are you guys changing Link's standing animation so he doesn't move his shield like in Melee? I realize his shield isn't used much but his Brawl standing animation can get very irritating when he decides to take his shield down a split second before a pit arrow hits his stupid ***. Just wondering.

Revven

FrankerZ
Question, are you guys changing Link's standing animation so he doesn't move his shield like in Melee? I realize his shield isn't used much but his Brawl standing animation can get very irritating when he decides to take his shield down a split second before a pit arrow hits his stupid ***. Just wondering.
Shadic already fixed this or at least tweaked it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
then play melee.

owait
LMAO I think I'm starting to like stingers.
this post is ****in hilarious.

but yeah without Melee ledge-occupancy (perhaps toned down very slightly), it's actually impossible to edgehog some recoveries, as the 37 frames of invincibility from grabbing the ledge isn't always enough to edgehog some characters, like Peach or Donkey Kong.

G

genkaku

I think Dantarion should be the only person allowed to post in here.
Everyone else is just a distraction.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
LMAO I think I'm starting to like stingers.
this post is ****in hilarious.

but yeah without Melee ledge-occupancy (perhaps toned down very slightly), it's actually impossible to edgehog some recoveries, as the 37 frames of invincibility from grabbing the ledge isn't always enough to edgehog some characters, like Peach or Donkey Kong.
Yeah, I really lol'd

Oh, I see. If it's for a better gameplay, then there's no reason to complain.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Most characters can immediately ledgehop and use the invincibility to get an aerial out though. It's not like they can't be edgeguarded without Melee ledge occupancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom