• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
He had it working for himself, he never released it to the public because he left to do other endeuvours. So no one but Dant knows what the codes are, thats why it isn't used more commonly.

Which is why its so hype to know Dant came back to work on P:M.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I don't know what's going with PAL Marth, but in NY I'm pretty sure that, while sideBing back to the ledge, I've saved myself from edgeguard attempts by countering and then upBing to the ledge.
Died so many times like that =(...

Pretty sure I've seen PAL marth drop of the stage with counter and make it back.
Then he must have been high enough up...

:phone:

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Just got home from a session with DSF, Oro, Metroid, and Vro.

Falco is a beast.

But dies super easy.

His bair stinks in 2.5. Also there's a big problem with his d-throw at low percents. Why does he pause?

Charizard is super good.
Ike is less good. :D
G&W is horrible.
Link is cool.
Ness is amazing, but has a bad dtilt unlike Melee. Should jab reset and lead into lots of itself. :( Though his down-b jc is freaking ridiculously fun to do. Also his Up-B is super good.
Squirtle is pretty cool.
Didn't play Ivy, but he seemed okay.

Can't wait to play more.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
metroid is super good with charizard.
did y'all record?
I think Metroid has recordings since we streamed, but I don't know what he plans on doing with them.

There's a P:M/Melee/Brawl tournament on Saturday I'll be attending & recording P:M & Melee at. Look for the videos on MidWestMelee on YT in a few days.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Good point. I don't use many music hacks or stage hacks though.

I'd be down getting stuff like every Doctor Mario color over Mario while still having the original Mario colors, or having 5 Mr. L colors over Luigi, 5 Hero of Times, 5 Outset Toon Links, 5 Awakening Marths, etc.

It'd just be cool as a side project thing at least.
Perhaps they should make a "Project M Expansion Package" that has all the 'official extras,' like recolors, skins, custom stages, and whatnot.

also i'll have videos of the landing problem bowser has next week when i'm able to get them uploaded, Life and I played a first to ten, all Bowser vs Falco
Mmm, some of that MU meta... I think it's kinda funny how rare actual Falco mains are this time around.

Bubbaking, I'm pretty sure mewtwo can use disable to stall as well
But Idk anymore. Usually mewtwo just recovers for fun

Melee was so long ago
Recovering is the only fun part of playing Mewtwo; everything else is just stupid. :smash:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Trying to play him like Taj is also fun, but hard as balls.

metroid1117

Smash Master
metroid is super good with charizard.
did y'all record?
I haven't checked yet, but an .FLV copy of the entire stream should have been saved on my computer. If not, then I'll find some way to get it off Twitch, but either way I will go back, index the matches with time frames, and post it here.

This isn't directed toward anyone in particular, but please keep in mind that these streams are a PREVIEW of Demo 2.5 and are not the final release. Everything is still subject to change.

Also, after practicing with Charizard for so long, my Ike is laughably bad compared to Vro's now >.>.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No one can take you seriously about being bad/bad Ike lol.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I can't wait to try out 2.5 Zard. I'm hearing good things.
Metroid have you experimented with his new aerial down b cancel? I'm pretty sure that was added.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
in the desc it says it works 100%. i guess that was wrong? or I feel like this'd be more commonly used
Actually, in the desc., it says that it almost works 100%. There are some problems with adding skins to Wario, or something.

Falco is a beast.

But dies super easy.

His bair stinks in 2.5. Also there's a big problem with his d-throw at low percents. Why does he pause?

Charizard is super good.
Ike is less good. :D
G&W is horrible.
Link is cool.
Ness is amazing, but has a bad dtilt unlike Melee. Should jab reset and lead into lots of itself. :( Though his down-b jc is freaking ridiculously fun to do. Also his Up-B is super good.
Squirtle is pretty cool.
Didn't play Ivy, but he seemed okay.

Can't wait to play more.
ITT: 2.5 leaks with no crap given. :smirk:

His bair stinks in 2.5.
This doesn't make sense because I thought they just ported over Falco's Melee bair, which was a great move, for P:M.....unless you're telling me that they actually nerfed Falco for 2.5. :awesome:

metroid1117

Smash Master
I can't wait to try out 2.5 Zard. I'm hearing good things.
Metroid have you experimented with his new aerial down b cancel? I'm pretty sure that was added.
To be entirely honest, I don't know how in-depth of an analysis I'm allowed to publicly give on Demo 2.5 material, but I did do some things with the glide that are not possible in Demo 2.1. It's in the videos, which I'll try to have uploaded tomorrow.

By the way, thanks for saying earlier that I'm good with Charizard; I've been practicing him a lot lately (and still have a lot to work on lol) and it's great to hear that from someone who uses him at a high level like yourself :).

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Falco is unchanged (although there is a glitch with his dthrow we're working on). Ike is also unchanged btw.

Revven

FrankerZ
Are Squirtle and Ivy the only new additions in 2.5?
Just stay tuned for more announcements. Currently though most of the PMBR are still recovering from hurricane Sandy, so please bear with us. :)

Also, yeah, not sure where MattDotZeb gets that Bair for Falco is suddenly different.... it's the same as 2.1, which is the same as Melee.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm not pleased with Ike.

Where are his OOS/close range buffs?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Mmm, some of that MU meta... I think it's kinda funny how rare actual Falco mains are this time around.
i don't think we're at the skill level to increase the meta lol. i'm still figuring stuff out in the matchup, such as crouch/crawl armor (on more than just the lasers) and the exact timing of the super armor on his faster super armored moves. meanwhile falco's combos are EXACTLY the same, so he just has to adjust a little

and due to the lack of extended sets i've played since my last tournament (last june) my endurance started failing me at the end of the FT10, and i started playing very poorly.

but there are some good matches in there

and falco is still amazing, he's just got new MUs to learn is all

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
ITT: 2.5 leaks with no crap given. :smirk:
If I need to edit my post I will. Was that not okay?

Just stay tuned for more announcements. Currently though most of the PMBR are still recovering from hurricane Sandy, so please bear with us. :)

Also, yeah, not sure where MattDotZeb gets that Bair for Falco is suddenly different.... it's the same as 2.1, which is the same as Melee.
That's so weird.

It seems a lot weaker.

I guess it's just me not being used to weights/hitboxes on newer characters and mistiming it.

Led-Zeppelin

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible to code into Project M some battle-damaged outfits? Like have the characters at a certain percent look battle damaged c: that would be cool.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
That's so weird.

It seems a lot weaker.

I guess it's just me not being used to weights/hitboxes on newer characters and mistiming it.
This is a good example of why I personally am iffy when people play for a few hours, then rush off to publicly post feedback on a private build.

When a move that hasn't changed since Melee is seen as being nerfed for whatever reason, what are the chances that deeper analysis is going to be accurate? Our changes we make go through a lot of discussion and testing. Playing a private build for a short amount of time really isn't enough for accurate basic feedback, nor deeper understanding of how a change can effect a character.

(Not meant as an attack on you, just saying that this has happened before.)

We appreciate the enthusiasm and love of the game, just be wary that people can latch onto posts like the one made earlier and accept it as truth until some PMBR member has to put out the flames... And even then some people come out with a negative opinion on something that isn't even true.

Thanks. <3

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
In the future Matt please relay feedback through Metroid or Rat rather than posting it here. Glad you're excited for 2.5, though.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Ike hasn't been touched at all yet so I'm not sure where all these Ike changes are coming from lol.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Weren't nerfed wall jumps and reduced aether height already confirmed? Or were they reverted? Personally I'm fine with the reduced aether height and even a smaller sweetspot, but I believe I've made my stance on the wall jumps clear >:O

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
This is a good example of why I personally am iffy when people play for a few hours, then rush off to publicly post feedback on a private build.

When a move that hasn't changed since Melee is seen as being nerfed for whatever reason, what are the chances that deeper analysis is going to be accurate? Our changes we make go through a lot of discussion and testing. Playing a private build for a short amount of time really isn't enough for accurate basic feedback, nor deeper understanding of how a change can effect a character.

(Not meant as an attack on you, just saying that this has happened before.)

We appreciate the enthusiasm and love of the game, just be wary that people can latch onto posts like the one made earlier and accept it as truth until some PMBR member has to put out the flames... And even then some people come out with a negative opinion on something that isn't even true.

Thanks. <3

Yeah, my mistake.
In the future Matt please relay feedback through Metroid or Rat rather than posting it here. Glad you're excited for 2.5, though.
k.

Ike is really unchanged? Metroid and Vro both found themselves unable to Bair waveland in 2.5 last night. Plus his recovery is worse being that he can f-b wj only twice. Admittedly, I don't know if those features were in 2.1 or not.

iLink

Smash Champion
Just looked through jc's stream. It doesn't seem like they are using dant's extra costumes code because charizard still only has 5 colors. Just looks like they made his default color work as the red team color and added the Aerodactyl and Shiny skins over the old red and white colors.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Mewtwo's stalling methods consists of sideB and bair. Hardly comparable to the wonder that is bomb jumping.
Goooood thing I only said they were ways of stalling, and didn't make a value judgement.

Mewtwo doesn't really need to stall all that much except to avoid attacks anyway. He's not really all that likely to be recovering low due to his recovery mix-ups from above and to the side. Unlike Samus who needs bomb stalling for her recovery not to be ***, can't recover from above, and can be predicted and baited depending on the angle she's recovering from.

Mewtwo's vertical distance doesn't compare to Samus's DJ > (rising) tether > upB.
This is demonstrably false. Did you even bother to test this before saying it?

I'll give you the less lag out of upB, but at least Samus's upB has a (great) hitbox, as well as invincibility on startup.
I don't see how this makes it better as a recovery option. It has one sweetspot angle, and is easily baited and punished from other angles. There's a reason most Sami use it primarily as a last resort.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Apologies for the misinformation but Ike has indeed seen some changes. We are still looking into tweaks but can't say anything yet at this point in time. Once the changes are essentially finalized we'll fill you in on the juicy details. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom