• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I was talking to a few people about Ike right before the top 6 Round Robin. No one in the top 6 tried to really ledge guard Vro till HBox went puff. Of all the people I expected to beat him It was Kage because Ganon can space Fair or Bair and hit Ike out of Up B but Hbox did what he had to do to Ike's recovery. You just gotta go out there and hit him out of his side b. I felt like if I just stuck with my Guns and stayed as Dedede I could have given him a far better match. Rocket Hammer just obliterates Ike's recovery.

d3 can edgeguard the crap out of ike with ftilt. or jump out and intercept ike out of his qd.
this guy knows whats up. He can also F-Smash or Rocket Hammer him out of his Up B. Dat Range.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Edgeguard with your face!

Well, that only works in Brawl, so...

Edgeguard with your long-lasting aerial!

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I was talking to a few people about Ike right before the top 6 Round Robin. No one in the top 6 tried to really ledge guard Vro till HBox went puff. Of all the people I expected to beat him It was Kage because Ganon can space Fair or Bair and hit Ike out of Up B but Hbox did what he had to do to Ike's recovery. You just gotta go out there and hit him out of his side b. I felt like if I just stuck with my Guns and stayed as Dedede I could have given him a far better match. Rocket Hammer just obliterates Ike's recovery.

this guy knows whats up. He can also F-Smash or Rocket Hammer him out of his Up B. Dat Range.

Rocket hammer is SOOOO GOOD!!! I had no idea until about a month or so ago when I started using DDD more...It's the best edgeguarding attack in the game!!!!!! it *****!!!!!!!!

ok as for Ike...edguarding Ike is alot like edgeguarding fox/falco accept his upB is WAY harder to stop. In many situations Vro would've been fine if he just DI'd low and upB'd back to the stage. you don't have to side-b or go straight for the ledge all the time.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Rocket hammer is SOOOO GOOD!!! I had no idea until about a month or so ago when I started using DDD more...It's the best edgeguarding attack in the game!!!!!! it *****!!!!!!!!

ok as for Ike...edguarding Ike is alot like edgeguarding fox/falco accept his upB is WAY harder to stop. In many situations Vro would've been fine if he just DI'd low and upB'd back to the stage. you don't have to side-b or go straight for the ledge all the time.
Not sure if its super armor or heavy armor on Rocket Hammer but its super funny when falco Rises from the ledge with double lasers and you smack him in the face with a fully charged rocket hammer.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
That avatar....

Also FC was amazing, I'm glad I met so many of you guys, and that I got to show off my swag...sucks that I choked so bad in the tournament though :/

Life

Smash Hero
the difficulty with Pit is controlling good players long enough to win. He can get some really good combos in at lower %'s but the problem is when people start DI'ing or Jumping out of your gimp set ups Pit's plan B becomes Arrow-Run-Arrow which is effective against some characters considering how difficult it is to finish people off with pit racking up damage can sometimes work against you. Most who play pit often can think of at least 1 time they lost a game last stock when the opponent was 150% or higher when they killed him. It's not a new problem it's something marth suffered alot from in melee actually. He dismantled everyone at lower %'s but once they got above setup range he was forced to play a waiting game and hope to get off a lucky tipper. Pit has projectiles to help with his waiting game but he has no lucky tipper or really any go to kill move unless someone is really stupid enough to high jump into an upsmash. Even then there is a good chance they'll DI-tech-smack you in the face :D.

Don't take this the wrong way I still think pit is good he's just not reliable or "safe" choice right now. I think that's partly why nobody plays him. his section is like...dead on smashmods. It looks like the Marth boards here lol.
I've noticed a lot of this too. I mean, I play vbrawl Sonic so it doesn't really bother me when the opponent makes it to like 180% LOL, but I either get the gimp/edgeguard at low percents, get dthrow to upB kills, or end up not-quite-killing to ridiculous high percents and getting like a fair or bair or some such.

At high percents, arrow combos into kill moves, FWIW. I don't know if it's worth the risk of using arrow so up close, but it might be worth playing with...

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Not sure if its super armor or heavy armor on Rocket Hammer but its super funny when falco Rises from the ledge with double lasers and you smack him in the face with a fully charged rocket hammer.
It ***** that's all that matters.

@ InferiorityComplex

I don't close in on someone unless it's a big character at like 200% or something and then I'll just juggle into Uair, that can work against most except people like Bowser who seems to get beat up and kill pit more than any other character so far.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Arrow loops seem like a pretty good option if you can combo out of them at high percents. Performing behind an arrow in a similar fashion to Wolf beats trying to shoot someone at point blank, I'd imagine. Not to mention you can have three (maybe four?) loops at once.

I duno, I only really mess around with Pit every here and there.

Also what's the killing percent on Glide Attack?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
http://www.twitch.tv/jcaesar

Got some players coming over (like Nintendude and Vanguard) and I'll answer any followup questions anyone has about FC or Project M in general. Anything that I am able to answer anyway (so don't ask me when the next patch is coming...).

Life

Smash Hero
Arrow loops seem like a pretty good option if you can combo out of them at high percents. Performing behind an arrow in a similar fashion to Wolf beats trying to shoot someone at point blank, I'd imagine. Not to mention you can have three (maybe four?) loops at once.

High enough that if you could kill with gair you can almost certainly kill with fair, bair, uair, or probably even dair. I think it's in the mid 200s depending on the stage, where you are, etc.

And arrow looping is impractical. Every time I try it I find myself getting hit because I'm looking at the arrow, not at the opponent. Of course, that could be because I'm bad, IDK.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

Glide attack as in Z out of glide? it isn't a kill move. but I tested it before and on average you kill people with it after they are at around 300%....yup....

arrow looping is good but it's not that good you can't just arrow loop and scare people away from you unless they suck at the game or something..

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Whose idea was it to ditch custom soundtracks during day 3? It made it harder for viewers to notice they weren't playing Brawl.
Forcing custom music is like forcing custom textures/vetexes. It takes away a lot of the professionalism and is off-putting if a person happens to not like the genre of music or the taste in texture.

Glide attack as in Z out of glide? it isn't a kill move. but I tested it before and on average you kill people with it after they are at around 300%... yup...
Sounds about right for Pit kill percentage.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Forcing custom music is like forcing custom textures/vetexes. It takes away a lot of the professionalism and is off-putting if a person happens to not like the genre of music or the taste in texture.
And Ironically a lot of people feel that certain stages' music i.e. Smashville has music not fitting to the game at all.
The Roost still puts me to sleep when I hear it.

Not to mention the brstms included in the demos.....

I can understand if the music hasn't...... been approved by WMG if you get my meaning, but this is rather odd.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
And Ironically a lot of people feel that certain stages' music i.e. Smashville has music not fitting to the game at all.
The Roost still puts me to sleep when I hear it.

Not to mention the brstms included in the demos.....

I can understand if the music hasn't...... been approved by WMG if you get my meaning, but this is rather odd.
If I hear another electric guitar or cave story song I think I might throw up.

Turns out not everyone likes what one person likes.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Make huge playlist, give ability to use any song through in game brawl settings

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
If I hear another electric guitar or cave story song I think I might throw up.

Turns out not everyone likes what one person likes.
I understand that, and kinda agree with you(Though electric guitars are cool when used in moderation), but by having him remove it like that, you kinda FORCING your music tastes on HIS WII.

This is where I feel things don't add up, as I feel like this is something that should only be done if;

- The musics have explicit lyrics
- Youtube wouldn't let it be because of WMG
- Audio static
- It's too loud compare to the game sounds

Understand what I'm trying to convey?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Not everyone likes the default Brawl costumes either. For professionalism's sake, having square soft music, for example, used in a tournament setting just sits as inappropriate to me.

When did the argument for custom .brstms change from "It helps differentiate it from vBrawl" to "Brawl's music is just bad for some people"? I feel like I missed something.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It was JCz Wii, he can do whatever the hell he wants to with the music or textures. Deal with it.
Yes.

To force him to turn off that music when those conditions aren't met with the notion that he's forcing the music on you is hypocrisy.

That's all I'm saying.

I'm going to sleep now, but I will say this;

Youtube is why we can't have nice things.

Kati

Smash Lord
I'm curious now, how can one have so much against an instrument that has been part of our culture for nearly a century? Or is it the style that becomes associated with it?

Regardless, why not just turn off the music when it is your turn in the bracket..?

Having never played Cave Story, I have no preference for it, but at least it follows basic video game music conventions unlike Smashville.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Edgeguard with your face!

Well, that only works in Brawl, so...
It also works in Melee if you're Broly.

And arrow looping is impractical. Every time I try it I find myself getting hit because I'm looking at the arrow, not at the opponent. Of course, that could be because I'm bad, IDK.
Given my experience with Pit, I'd have to agree, though I can see it being useful in some situations. An example of this would be if you feel like gimping your opponent in the most difficult, flashy way you can just to taunt him (so basically how Mango would play Pit). I see it as comparable to gimping your opponent using a rest.

:phone:

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
JCaesar's the only one putting up his entire brstm collection up for download. It's become the unofficial Project M soundtrack to me and many others.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Arrow Loop can also frame trap, force an air dodge, cover another attack, etc. etc. They do have practical use, they just need a set up to be more effective than out right hitting the opponent with a normal edgeguard.

JCaesar's the only one putting up his entire brstm collection up for download. It's become the unofficial Project M soundtrack to me and many others.
Electric Guitar 4: Revenge of the Reverb GST

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
You'd have to put it up for download so everybody could test it out and see for themselves if you're bluffing or not...

Also yeah, JCz music is kinda the unofficial soundtrack for P:M for those of us not willing to put in the effort to make our own .brstms for song we think fit better, or even to look for already made songs for every single stage...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What do people think the top 10 characters are in order, or even a whole tier list if you want. I'm curious to see peoples lists.

Obviously this is just kind of for fun so don't take peoples opinions too seriously. I've only played with and against a small amount of characters so I don't have a good understanding of where people rate characters.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You'd have to put it up for download so everybody could test it out and see for themselves if you're bluffing or not...

Also yeah, JCz music is kinda the unofficial soundtrack for P:M for those of us not willing to put in the effort to make our own .brstms for song we think fit better, or even to look for already made songs for every single stage...
Once I finish off Smashville's Saturday Night songs, I'll have to toss up my soundtrack somewhere.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@hylian
Shielda
Falco
Fox
Wolf
Jiggs
Mario
Marth
Lucario
Ike
Pikachu

That's really rough and they're hardly in order, but meh. This is more like speculation on a soon-to-come top ten rather than who's done the best in tournaments recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom