• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
John123456,

I think it's a controversial issue because it makes the game "easier?" I'm really not quite sure why people are so worked up over it myself, but I probably won't be allowing it in my tournament to encourage people to get used to no buffer and have everything be consistent so everyone is on the same page.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
John123456,

I think it's a controversial issue because it makes the game "easier?" I'm really not quite sure why people are so worked up over it myself, but I probably won't be allowing it in my tournament to encourage people to get used to no buffer and have everything be consistent so everyone is on the same page.
This.

I don't see the big fit with buffer considering I don't even touch it at all (since it's kind of like f****** around lol) and the fact that it would ruin consistency.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
You need video splitters to split the signal from your wii to both your tv and your capcard.

You can pick them up at dollar stores for like $2 or at futureshop/ bestbuy for like $12 lol
They're called Y splitters, you can look it up online
Turns out it was a Somagic (stupid internet >.<)

Any Idea on how to record audio with that? :mad:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
right up my alley^
Your avatar makes this comment very creepy

@daze/gf: i was wondering why u changed your avatar and thats a good reason. I find it weird u changed it to another girl. But your gf seems to be fine with it so i guess its cool

@john numbers: buffer wont help you jr you will be terrible anyway. But real talk i am a melee player and i dont see anything wrong with buffer, i think until it is proved to give an unfair advantage it should be aloud at tourneys, maybe at most the to's should limit how much buffer can be used to like 5 frames or something

:phone:

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Hey, out of curiosity, why is no-buffer a mandate in P:M tournaments? It IS there as an option, and it's not like it's some crazy gameplay changing code and it's not going to change how the opponent is going to play the game, so yeah, what's the deal there?

I'm not really complaining about it, since I more or less got used to no-buffer, but I'm sure a lot of players incoming from the Brawl side would appreciate such a rule change, y'know?
It's by no means mandated but the PMBR recommends turning it off in tournaments for the sake of consistency in gathering data from tournament results and to keep with the intention behind its implementation; it was meant as a learning tool for beginner players. Each region will likely develop its own tournament ruleset as their own players see fit though; that's just how rulesets go.

(I'm only reiterating the team's official stance on the subject. My personal opinions are different).

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman
Suggestion: I really like Zelda in P:M. She plays very good against pretty much the entire roster, and I love the Side B spacing options.
I also noticed after I planted the small fireball somewhere for a while, it'll make an explosion which reaches way further than the hitbox-sensitive fireball. It would be REALLY awesome if I could trigger this/these explosion(s) by doing something like crouching 3-5 times in a row, or holding B while taunting.
Heck, I'd even donate for this :p

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Suggestion: I really like Zelda in P:M. She plays very good against pretty much the entire roster, and I love the Side B spacing options.
I also noticed after I planted the small fireball somewhere for a while, it'll make an explosion which reaches way further than the hitbox-sensitive fireball. It would be REALLY awesome if I could trigger this/these explosion(s) by doing something like crouching 3-5 times in a row, or holding B while taunting.
Heck, I'd even donate for this :p
There will be no "pay for power" bs in P:M rofl

keep that **** in league lol

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY do not want to get super offtopic again.. but:
You need to pay for heroes/champions (especially the newly released ones which are usually OP) since they cost a ridiculous amount of ingame currency to buy them and you need to buy runes as well (which is the main thing I mean about pay for power). There may also be the option to pay for those mastery things or whatever as well as summoner spells, but I don't think so afaik

Anyways, lets not get into a huge debate about it. It was just a joke.

RELAX

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I thought it was a good joke.

But personally, I've found all the prices in League to be reasonable. You can't afford every champion, but you can afford the ones you want. You can always use the free rotation to try them, and then buy one if you like it. Runes are expensive, but by the time you've reached the level that they're worth buying, you should have all the characters you need, so can focus all your IP on runes.

Of course it's a lot easier if you pay, but that's why the game's free to play, so you're encouraged to spend money on that. If Smash Bros was free to play, I'm sure we'd see something similar. However, even for Project M, you have to purchase a copy of Brawl, so it isn't free.

Look at that, your joke has started a giant debate. That's what happens when people take jokes seriously. In other words, the moral for you readers is that you should never take a joke seriously. But what if you don't realize it's a joke? Well then, clearly you should never take anything seriously.

I like to eat chocolate.

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman
I was kidding about the 'convincing with money' part. That was a joke (hence the ':p' and stuff, ah never mind). Although I do want people to take my Zelda suggestion seriously and in consideration.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Zelda is fine where she is. It's already annoying enough to deal with Din's Fire, and if you're smart, you can time the fireballs to explode when you want them to since they automatically detonate after ~3 seconds iirc

->BESIDES..
they aren't taking suggestions at this time anyways. Just play the game and pave the metagame.

metroid1117

Smash Master
It was entertaining, but I think Monk is right. From the questionable DI, not-as-fluid-as-possible combos, and number of of missed L-cancels and techs, I would also guess that most of this video is from Wi-fi. Japan supposedly has a better Wi-fi service than we do in the USA though, so it's probably not as laggy.

EDIT: Wow, I would've wanted my 2000th post to be more... substantial.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Yeah, some of it is definitely wi-fail. I was wondering why they seemed not to be reacting/moving as fast.

Still, its cool to see the Japanese coming out of their shells a little and showing what they can do :p

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
It's by no means mandated but the PMBR recommends turning it off in tournaments for the sake of consistency in gathering data from tournament results and to keep with the intention behind its implementation; it was meant as a learning tool for beginner players. Each region will likely develop its own tournament ruleset as their own players see fit though; that's just how rulesets go.
Ah, my bad, I must have mistakenly thought it was a mandate. Although if some regions are using buffer, and others aren't, it probably wouldn't be worth anyone's time to work with buffer at all, because if they head to a tourney where buffer is prohibited, then they'd be screwed, y'know?

It seems like a case of one rule has to exist over the other, imo...

@john numbers: buffer wont help you jr you will be terrible anyway.
LOL get outta here

But real talk i am a melee player and i dont see anything wrong with buffer i think until it is proved to give an unfair advantage it should be aloud at tourneys, maybe at most the to's should limit how much buffer can be used to like 5 frames or something
But this does pretty much sum up my thoughts on the matter, in any case.

Kati

Smash Lord
Has taking out the large "GO!" at the start of a match ever been considered? I noticed that they had a lot of three player matches, but I imagine the third person just self-destructed multiple times in a row.

*Edit* "They" being the players in the combo video.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
it was interesting to see a few new things in there from Some characters that don't get too much play. Like Rob and Ness. Even though the game hasn't been out a year I think some things are already starting to become played out. Like Lucario combo into Side-B into Dair....first time I saw that I was like WOOOW...then I was like wow...then I was like cool...now I'm like...meh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom