• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtydurrant

Smash Cadet
I thought it was a good joke.

But personally, I've found all the prices in League to be reasonable. You can't afford every champion, but you can afford the ones you want. You can always use the free rotation to try them, and then buy one if you like it. Runes are expensive, but by the time you've reached the level that they're worth buying, you should have all the characters you need, so can focus all your IP on runes.

Of course it's a lot easier if you pay, but that's why the game's free to play, so you're encouraged to spend money on that. If Smash Bros was free to play, I'm sure we'd see something similar. However, even for Project M, you have to purchase a copy of Brawl, so it isn't free.

Look at that, your joke has started a giant debate. That's what happens when people take jokes seriously. In other words, the moral for you readers is that you should never take a joke seriously. But what if you don't realize it's a joke? Well then, clearly you should never take anything seriously.

I like to eat chocolate.
I won't continue the LoL discussion, but I will point out something - I knew it was a joke from the get go, but I also know that there are people who may have never played LoL or little of it, and would assume that what he said was true. I'm not going to risk that.

anyway, I ****ing love Ness in P:M. Him and charizard have become my mains for now. I can't wait till more tournaments start popping up. My body is ready.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I'm honestly at a loss guys.
Charizard keeps freezing the game for me. I replaced the old pokelizardon folder with a new one from the site, still froze. I think replaced the .gct file with a new downloaded one, still froze upon selecting Charizard.
I then deleted all the textures so that all that remained was pokelizardon.pac and the fitmotion file, still froze!!
Any ideas? I'm at a total loss, what the hell could it possibly be that ONLY Charizard freezes the game? Zelda and Sheik also transform and they're fine.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
PM side tournament at a Melee tournament tomorrow for anyone near Ohio. The illustrious Carroll will be hosting the PM tournament, so you know it'll be hype.

Also, I'll be running a PM friendly set up during the whole Melee tournament if you're beyond that game like I am now. Get on my level.
Man... I'm not even that far away from this tourney (about an hour and a half away). I really want to play against some good Project M people. I live in a rather small town so there isn't much competition around, and I usually end up only playing doubles. Lol I need to get my *** kicked by someone who knows what they're doing so I can get better. I wish I was aware of this tourney sooner :( Oh wells, looking forward to the results!

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Well, I tried defragging my SD Card, game still freezes when I select Charizard.
Any other ideas?
I should add, I have folders currently for all the characters since I have codes for them from an old closed alpha, but it never froze for Charizard then.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Well, I tried defragging my SD Card, game still freezes when I select Charizard.
Any other ideas?
I should add, I have folders currently for all the characters since I have codes for them from an old closed alpha, but it never froze for Charizard then.
reformat your sd card then.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
reformat your sd card then.
Hmm, that'll erase all my data.
Honestly, the fact that only Charizard is freezing tells me there something else wrong with the codeset.
When I use the gcts from 2.0 or the closed alpha, charizard is fine.
But when I used a new 2.1 gct that my friend told me works fine for him, Charizard still freezes.
Might deleting the Squirtle and Ivysaur folders help?

*edit*

I have an idea. Remove them and you'll find he no longer freezes.
I can try. It would make sense I guess since Zelda and Sheik have always been available on the same codeset, but not all the Pokemon.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Hmm, that'll erase all my data.
Honestly, the fact that only Charizard is freezing tells me there something else wrong with the codeset.
When I use the gcts from 2.0 or the closed alpha, charizard is fine.
But when I used a new 2.1 gct that my friend told me works fine for him, Charizard still freezes.
Sorry if this was already mentioned, but did you change the PAC files when you went from 2.0 to 2.1?

:phone:

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
i want crazy combos like that inhale to drop through downb on dl64 carroll
I wont disappoint <3
ive been in the kitchen cookin up some crazy things

Carroll, is that tournament going to be streamed or at least have vids recorded and uploaded to youtube?
yeah, well most likely stream top 5 or 8 of PM
and well record for YT.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
^ ProjectM.Dantarion.com

->Community->IRC Chat

Yay! My P:M tournament is on the 22nd now, so it won't clash with JC's stream :)
Melee/Brawl (probably mostly just melee) will be streamed on the 21st, and P:M will be exclusively streamed on the 22nd.

And don't ask about new stuff, just wait until it's officially announced/ released. Just play 2.1; they spent a lot of time on it :/
I'm sure that when they accomplish something huge, they'll announce it lol (and get brawl- off the front page of smashmods xD)

jalued

Smash Lord
^ ProjectM.Dantarion.com

->Community->IRC Chat

Yay! My P:M tournament is on the 22nd now, so it won't clash with JC's stream :)
Melee/Brawl (probably mostly just melee) will be streamed on the 21st, and P:M will be exclusively streamed on the 22nd.

And don't ask about new stuff, just wait until it's officially announced/ released. Just play 2.1; they spent a lot of time on it :/
I'm sure that when they accomplish something huge, they'll announce it lol (and get brawl- off the front page of smashmods xD)
it's not like i'm asking for it to be included or anything, and i don't moan about balance. I'm just asking if they have had any engine breakthroughs.

You say that but it's not been the case so far...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
have there been any breakthroughs regarding the game engine since demo 2.1?
If there are, we'll let you know. I think it's a bit soon for blog posts like between demo 1 and 2, though. Earliest we'd do them would be like... October? But that'd require us to actually have a breakthrough, as we don't make announcements whenever a tournament streams our game otherwise the Smashmods front page would be filled with 50 PM streams. ;)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I made the logo, but the test was pretty much me modifying a pre-existing model on Brawlvault, XD. It wasn't too hard really. You just make a V take out the inside, put it over a texture, XD.

abcool

Smash Ace
I know this might not be the place to ask, but does anyone know if their is an alternate site for brawlcustommusic because the main site is down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom