• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

smegman666

Smash Rookie
hey ! :p could I know that its not the good place to ask this question .. but is there some project m designer who have the codelist of brawl+ 6.0 version.. (listed code by code)

cause there a thing in that version that does not exist in all the other one .. and i could compare..and guive it to you guys ..
maybe you dont understand wy but .. please juste ,if you have them , send them and im gonna tell you all about it later .. -promise

thanks alot

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
i'm wondering.. will link's dac be taken out? =/
i assume his n air will be restored and his tether

another thing, i think he has less traction in brawl than melee.. will that be kept the same? ;_; i wanna have a good wave dash D:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Why would Link's dacus be removed? ATs are a good thing.

I hate to bring up the X/Y walljump thing again, but I just wanted to say that now that I know about it and have been paying attention to it, I realize it may have screwed me over more than I gave it credit for at first. I just thought I was accidentally bumping the stick to do unintentional walljumps, but I think that was a hasty judgement (wow, smashboards thinks "judgement" isn't a word, interesting...). Anyway, I'm sure I could get used to it now that I'm really watching for it, but I could see it screwing over some Melee players who don't know about it, especially when trying to do a quick ledgehop. So I think it should be removed, since it serves no purpose (well, I guess it's supposed to make walljumpinng "EZ," thanks again Sakurai) except to remove control from the player. Just my 2 cents.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Well, the walljumping thing has never happened to me before even one time, but I now know why that is. If it screws people over, then something should probably be done about. If possible that is. Simply make jump+direction wall jump? If that would be simple...

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I would rather it just be smash left/right, like it was in Melee. Walljumps never happened by accident in Melee.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Why would Link's dacus be removed? ATs are a good thing.

I hate to bring up the X/Y walljump thing again, but I just wanted to say that now that I know about it and have been paying attention to it, I realize it may have screwed me over more than I gave it credit for at first. I just thought I was accidentally bumping the stick to do unintentional walljumps, but I think that was a hasty judgement (wow, smashboards thinks "judgement" isn't a word, interesting...). Anyway, I'm sure I could get used to it now that I'm really watching for it, but I could see it screwing over some Melee players who don't know about it, especially when trying to do a quick ledgehop. So I think it should be removed, since it serves no purpose (well, I guess it's supposed to make walljumpinng "EZ," thanks again Sakurai) except to remove control from the player. Just my 2 cents.
THANK YOU!!!! I completely hate x/y walljumps and I got attacked by most of the players when I suggested the change.

Well, the walljumping thing has never happened to me before even one time, but I now know why that is. If it screws people over, then something should probably be done about. If possible that is. Simply make jump+direction wall jump? If that would be simple...
That's really hard to believe Alpha, but if it haven't scre with you even once, then hats off to you buddy, you have the greatest control of brawl that I've ever heard of :). Making it just like melee is the best solution IMHO

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i don't even know why you people discuss these issues.....Melee mechanics is the way to go (especially for this project) :p

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Making it like melee would be a good option actually. You're right.

That's really hard to believe Alpha, but if it haven't scre with you even once, then hats off to you buddy, you have the greatest control of brawl that I've ever heard of . Making it just like melee is the best solution IMHO
Nah, I just use tap jump. Pushing the control stick up when next to a wall doesn't make you wall jump at all. Even when I actually use a jump button (C on wiichuck), I'm playing as a character who can't wall jump anyway.

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
-criticism- blah (Don't nerve me because of this post please.)

^^ no idea what I just read.

LoL at the old spice posts. Haha.
Are you serious?

He talked about a critical topic like giving people some B+ codelists in text format and that is the answer?

It's fact that Brawl+ codesets won't be really released in .txt as a list of read- and usable codes, isn't it?

(I know his grammar was terrible, but every normal human could know what he meant)

But if you really wasn't able to understand this post, sorry if I had a guess like this...

(Also it's a good question how deep P:M is also influencing actual Brawl+ content.... are there any backups? ...)

But nevertheless this project is perfect. The first time I saw really much work and that people can see how long it takes if people wants to rebuild the good Melee engine on the ('terrible') Brawl engine...

hopefully they wont see me as an enemy in many points as I really want to support this project.

smegman666

Smash Rookie
The purpose of my subject is to share two points witch I think are vital to the evolution of this game …
First, i want to thanks the amazing effort and the great job that everyone did to make survive the game for the real smash players. You guys really gonna made my wii worth its stupid price .

in melee the control allow you to short up and at the same time press the up arrow + A button and... do your crazy S**ts …. Instead of doing THE THING (the atk) (in brawl.. or brawl + 7.0 cause in the 6.0 they fixed that probleme..) it unlock the second jump , you know what I mean ,(it goes right away to the second jump ??) now that you know probably that I am definetly a capt falcon player ( no secrets between us ) I ask you with all the respect i have for you guys … can this thing be solve ?? Its simple but crucial for the advanced player (essencial for those who play c.falcon)

Ok I'll explain it better ..:
To connect 80% of combos you need the ¨up atk¨ while mid air ¨super¨foward jump, but you need to do it at the exact same time falcon leave the ground (the atk),so in 7.0.2—> if you raise up the directional stick a little up in the same time you leave the ground ,exacly after jumping, to perform the up atk ¨A button¨ insted of doing the up atk it activate the second jump…. (this technique is called ¨precised aim¨ in north america.. (montreal) Few could understand the true potencial of this technique.. but trust me you dont want to play with someone who control it (you'ill become a master devastating power machine) lol..but true…

(In 6.0 they (brawl+) fixed that problem.. try it ! worth the try)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..rk9qyYADnQ

Look at the ¨up atk¨ he does at 1.07min.. you cannot perform it with super mid air jump with the c stick.. the fraction of second you lose.. (the time you're thumb goes right on the c stick .. its too late.. you lose the target..) you neeeed to do it with the UP ¨A¨ button ..But in 7.0 when you do the UP in question.. it unlock the second jump.. Pleaaaaase dont make that mistake

Here's another point but, maybe that part is completely stupid or maybe not… up to you guys
When the captain falcon's air raptor boost touch a ¨grounded¨ opponent …The opponent raise up in the air with the extra pup up of c.falcon… Very nice but why the opponent unlock quicker then c.falcon ?

(We played for 9 years.. non-stop...) ..**** im really crazy though

Oh .. theres another thing.. After the upB of fox.. when he comeback on ground.. In melee, he's not locked on the ground as in brawl.. (its like an automatic L-cancel..)

Thanks for all youre fantastic effort.. wow

Hope im not gonna die before its release.. :p

(And no i dont have cancer... and im not sick ..it was a joke of course)

p.s. if you guys like this kind of coment, it will be more then our pleasure to keep you posted with further notice on that kind of technical glitch.... up to you guys just let me know and thanks again for you attention.
I fiiiiiiiinaly found the problem !!! hahaha
you need to remove the ¨jump dead frrame codes¨ and its become exactly like the melee smash !! (brawl+ final gold detition)

(Project M developper PLEASE !!! note this) and i'll be youre biatch for .....eternity !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shanus

Smash Hero
Lol, I'm the one who made the Dead Frame Removal code, they just didn't put my name next to it :(

kaizo13

Smash Champion
o-O errrr...wat?

..i guess some of you don't know that most of the developers in project M came from the brawl+ scene. (Shanus being the lead developer of both projects)

brawl+ was used as the core for P:M (GSH build, i think)
everything brawl+ consists of, either the P:M team is behind it, or they know about it

no need to tell them

Edit: dammit Shanus!! -Ninja'd

smegman666

Smash Rookie
ok so .. why ceate the jump dead frame fixed?

cause when you removed it .. its became exatecly like the original melee

smegman666

Smash Rookie
lol the only thing that i know its when y removed this code its unlock the possibility to do exactly my melee shiit :p !!!

Look at the ¨up atk¨ he does at 1.07min.. you cannot perform it with super mid air jump with the c stick.. the fraction of second you lose.. (the time you're thumb goes right on the c stick .. its too late.. you lose the target..) you neeeed to do it with the UP ¨A¨ button ..But in 7.0 when you do the UP in question.. it unlock the second jump.. Pleaaaaase dont make that mistake

shanus

Smash Hero
ok so .. why ceate the jump dead frame fixed?

cause when you removed it .. its became exatecly like the original melee
i have no idea what you just said

The dead frame is only when you enter jump from the jumpsquat (that is jumpstart) animation. The very first frame of jump loses all inputs disallowing perfect inputs into the first frame of jump. Dead frame removal allows for use of multishines, etc, like melee.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
smegman, basically the dead frame = bad , which is unlike Melee because in melee you could make inputs on frame 1 of a jump

so in your situation, the "dead frame removal" would actually allow you to input your "up atk" sooner so i don't get what ur complaining about.....

i think ur arguement might be buffer related rather than dead-frame

Edit: and DS/Shadic, don't assume everybody is fluent in english, just try to work with him

smegman666

Smash Rookie
yeah but when you removed this code you could do the Uair manualy (whitout the c-stick witch is more quick) try it :p !! lol

I know its a litle detail but when you know that melee technique.. ouff guy's (the Uair become devastating) cause you could start it the exact same time you leave the ground ! :p

but I could understand if you coudnt do anything about it cause if you guive me the choice.. I really think that there a lot of people that really want the shine wavedash... vs me with my liitle ¨ultimate¨ technique !! haha

anyway try it in melee if you want to experiment it and.. you'll probably see what im talking about ..
I know its maybe a useless detail ..but was important for me .. sorry for bothering you with that ..

(my 9 years habbits r gonna change that all ..)

shanus

Smash Hero
yeah but when you removed this code you could do the Uair manualy (whitout the c-stick witch is more quick) try it :p !! lol

I know its a litle detail but when you know that melee technique.. ouff guy's (the Uair become devastating) cause you could start it the exact same time you leave the ground ! :p

but I could understand if you coudnt do anything about it cause if you guive me the choice.. I really think that there a lot of people that really want the shine wavedash... vs me with my liitle ¨ultimate¨ technique !! haha

anyway try it in melee if you want to experiment it and.. you'll probably see what im talking about ..
I know its maybe a useless detail ..but was important for me .. sorry for bothering you with that ..

(my 9 years habbits r gonna change that all ..)
Dead Frame removal allows your inputs from a jump to happen on frame 1 instead of frame 2. This is how melee was, guaranteed.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
smegman, i'm trying hard to understand cuz i don't wanna just shoot you down, so if you could show me what you're talking about (in a working video link) .....i'll chek it out since i'm playing Melee right now

Rikana

Smash Champion
I think I somewhat understand. He might have said something along this:

In Melee, as you full/short hop you can gently tap the the control stick up and press A for a uAir in one hop but in Brawl or whatever, it reads that gentle tap as a second jump thus using 2 jumps to perform a uAir?

Its my shot at it. I don't know if that's how it works in Brawl or not as I don't use the control stick for uAirs. I used to do that for Melee though.
exacly ... and were all going at the same desination... MELEE 2.0 !! :p
so its gonna become reaaally important..
This was quite a few pages back. I think it just refers back to Brawl's reading of the control stick is too sensitive.

smegman666

Smash Rookie
maybe thats the probleme but for sure .... I know.. !! and for sure! I know that there
IS !! (:p) something out there .... hahaha

there is really something ... LOL !

thx alot for this post Rikana!

oh ! here a example if you want more I could chek easly for other !
thx for cherring me up kaizo13 really apreciated ill try to get more example

Look at the ¨up atk¨ he does at 1.07min.. you cannot perform it with super mid air jump with the c stick.. the fraction of second you lose.. (the time you're thumb goes right on the c stick .. its too late.. you lose the target..) you need to do it with the UP ¨A¨ button ..But in 7.0 when you do the UP in question.. it unlock the second jump..

Rikana

Smash Champion
He's saying Brawl's control stick inputs are too sensitive. He uses X/Y to jump and Up and A for a uAir instead of cStick since he finds it faster this way.

shanus

Smash Hero
just so he does know, dead frame removal has nothing to do with second jump, only first jump

his complaint is solely sensitivity

smegman666

Smash Rookie
totally exact !! (both of you ) little possessed and yeah rikana's right and insted its goes right on the second jump

smegman666

Smash Rookie
ok, time fot the ULTIMATE QUESTION!!!! now is the biggest time of my life,
with this question im gonna know the decisive path of my fate !!

ohh , Mighty beautiful too good lord Shanus.. now that you'ved understant the true meaning of my darkest purpose....

could
you
do
someting
about
it ???

(the deal for the biatch forever IS still goes on..)seriously... think hard about it !

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Rofl. Cyan... Calm down.

I'm sorry, but I doubt I'm the only one who facepalms when reading some of the posts in this thread. This is, last I checked, an English forum. It's not too surprising that I, among others, was baffled by smeg's post. I have nothing against smeg, I just found his writing confusing and humorous.

:p

Turazrok

Smash Master
ok, time fot the ULTIMATE QUESTION!!!! now is the biggest time of my life,
with this question im gonna know the decisive path of my fate !!

ohh , Mighty beautiful too good lord Shanus.. now that you'ved understant the true meaning of my darkest purpose....

could
you
do
someting
about
it ???

(the deal for the biatch forever IS still goes on..)seriously... think hard about it !
I swear this is insane carzy guy's alt account

smegman666

Smash Rookie
ok the truth...
I AM CANADIAN !!! hahahahah (montreal french *** guy ...) so... yeah bit problem with my english

dudes im working hard here! come on! :p .. not my first language ...

at least im gonna *** tonight anyway :p !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom