• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
JC you and glick should stream more often.....1 week is too much! *tear

@I R Marf- yes he is....that lucky son of a <fill in the blank>

I R MarF

Smash Ace
OH. Wait. I meant 'chargeable' as like, dk's pawnch and sheik's needles. You know, like, you'd be able to charge it, then cancel out of it and keep it charged while you do other stuff until you want to release it.

Sry about that.
Well, considering that DKs punch does a lot of damage, and has more range than Ike's sword, I don't think it is a bad idea at all to give Ike the ability to cancel and "stay charged"

However, a good way to balance it is if you accidently fully charge than you are forced to attack and take damage.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I R MarF, learn to use the edit button.

And why the hell is the video still up? Rofl, he removed my comment about taking the video down. What a *******.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I R MarF, learn to use the edit button.

And why the hell is the video still up? Rofl, he removed my comment about taking the video down. What a *******.
Sorry, I wasn't aware I made a mistake in one of my posts. What do I need to to edit?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Ninja'd by Hobo

I R MarF that means don't post twice in a row....just edit your first post

Bandit

Smash Lord
JC you and glick should stream more often.....1 week is too much! *tear

@I R Marf- yes he is....that lucky son of a <fill in the blank>
We stream once a week at minimum. The video the guy keeps putting up is an extra stream we did during the week (which happens on top of the other stream we do regularly).

smegman666

Smash Rookie
ok r u gonna make the side dodge faster ? (cause in brawl+ ..its really suck ..:p)

and there's this little thing.. in b+ the shield trigger only at the end of the ¨flipper button (R & L)¨ (on the game cube controller) is it gonna be fixed in project M ?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Smegman i'm gonna take a wild guess and assume that you're talking about "light shoulder presses"......you guys should really read the OP (original post/ opening post) before asking these questions

and for side-step dodging.....i think it's safe to say the melee veterans in brawl will replicate their melee counterpart's frame data

EDIT: if you don't know what OP means, maybe you shouldn't be posting in forums

smegman666

Smash Rookie
op ?
it coud be a lot of things ...
OPERATOR
OPERA
OPRA !
(maybe the name of a chinese guy)
olymph pit !

haaaaaaaaaaaa loll thx fot the edit :p !!1

i really think im in love with you kaizo13 ..
ok... the deal for the eternity is good for you too..

UltyBomber77

Smash Cadet
Project M is an in development spin off of Brawl+ designed to add rich, technical gameplay to a balanced cast of characters while additionally enhancing the speed of play.

Project M aims to achieve rich, technical, and fast gameplay married to the new brawl engine to yield a balanced, competitive, and technical version of Brawl.
dont you think these two things contradict?

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
eh not to sure how I like that last statement in that quote

Project M aims to achieve rich, technical, and fast gameplay married to the new brawl engine to yield a balanced, competitive, and technical version of Brawl.
sure the techs and fast gameplay will be awesome as long as its similar to B+'s engine. Regular Brawls game play is too slow and clunky to play now after playing B+'s frame speed or whatever its called. While Balanced Brawl had awesome Ideas for characters the rate of play or rather gameplay speed was too slow for my liking.

Anywho I really have High hopes for this project. After watching some of the previews of the game it looks awesome. I especially hope you keep Ike the way how he is. Um question though whats gonna be becoming of his return? Is it gonna be like B+'s to where when he swings he can do his ^B, >B then ^B like BBrawls idea or is it gonna be something new?

kaizo13

Smash Champion
wow guys, it's been about 4 months since this project took off. Hopefully by the 6th (half a year) we can see some good progress and maybe some sort of public release for constructive feed-back.

keep it up team :chuckle:

Rikana

Smash Champion
Shanus has been working on Project M before this topic was made. Its most likely more than 4 months.

camelot

Smash Ace
Anywho I really have High hopes for this project. After watching some of the previews of the game it looks awesome. I especially hope you keep Ike the way how he is. Um question though whats gonna be becoming of his return? Is it gonna be like B+'s to where when he swings he can do his ^B, >B then ^B like BBrawls idea or is it gonna be something new?
You mean Ike's recovery? I don't think it's going to be improved.

However, his grounded Quick Draw can be canceled with a jump, giving some pretty nifty options. Obviously, since it's a jump cancel, that means you can u-smash, grab, or wavedash out of his Quick Draw.

wow guys, it's been about 4 months since this project took off. Hopefully by the 6th (half a year) we can see some good progress and maybe some sort of public release for constructive feed-back.
I wouldn't hope for any kind of public release before every character has their "general changes" done to them.

You see, in addition to the massive amounts of codes used for P:M, every character needs changes done to their individual files that aren't possible with codes. Trust me, there are a lot of things that need to be done for each character for them to be "melee-ified", including balance changes and many cosmetic changes. Also, some characters take more time than others.

P:M is taking a long time, because we want to be as fun as possible and of the highest quality possible.

smegman666

Smash Rookie
this one is probably useless but..
did someone know a code to activate brawl+ gamespeed as the exacte same speed as melee ?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
There's at least a million things that make up the speed of either game. You simply can't make Brawl+ feel fast like Melee without making it Melee. That's what P:M is for.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
There is no code that can automatically change all of the frame speeds to match melee. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

You have to change every animation in BBox or with a frame speed modifier in PSA and then change the hitbox timing / duration in PSA.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
wow, just watched the fox vs marth vid that irmarf uploaded. i must say, god ****....LOOKIN LIKE MELEE OUT THERE.

good **** so far project: m team!

UltyBomber77

Smash Cadet
ive never tried using advanced techniques in melee, such as l-canceling or wavedashing, but im willing to learn :)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
@UltyBomber77
I'd really recommend starting here. You can learn how a lot of players' games are put together and how it works just by simply watching all of that. It's really good stuff.

UltyBomber77

Smash Cadet
thanks, i was looking for a good place to start but i kept finding things like "how to dodge" =/
its a good thing some techniques are similar to some of the ones in b+

skrach8

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/user/UsurperKingZant#p/u/154/7Ircu0TIwzs

hey i don't know if this will help you out, but its some of the melee hitboxes.

I was watching the wolf vs ike match and it looks promising. If Ike were to down throw then uptilt, he could probably have a solid combo starter. Food for thought.

Man I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hope rushing/locking someone down in their shield is going to be possible in this version!

Is crouch canceling going to be in this as well?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Haha... "Advanced How to Play" changed my life back in the day.

Shield stun and shield drop times should match Melee.

CCing has a sort of ghetto implementation right now, but is promising.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
Not a single post today? Bah, ridiculous!

To kind of start things off, how is the landing detection coming along? It definitely seems very easy to wavedash at this point.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
Question about link's recovery

since he can't bomb jump or hook shot to the wall are ya going to have a replacement for those b/c that is what made him almost mid tier

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
I got a PM about his recovery..due to it was stated that this was talked about long ago in the forum. I personally think they should Implement Balanced brawls Link Recovery due to the ability to do air UPB > Clawshot. That would make his return more reliable and infinitly more better than what he currently has. Bombs take way too long to explode what is it like a 7 second duration and not to mention when you pull out a bomb especially in B+ because you press down on the analog it sort of make you go into FF.

I do have 1 question about Link though again if it hasn't been coverd already. What do you guys plan on doing to his Ground UPB. Reason I ask is because I know in B+ it has functionality but then again to get the most out of it you can Charge it. Would Link be able to get a UPB Charge cancel like DK,Samus,Shiek,Lucario Can with their B moves? I mean hell even Squritle and Mario have one for their Watergun/Fludd attack.

camelot

Smash Ace
Question about link's recovery

since he can't bomb jump or hook shot to the wall are ya going to have a replacement for those b/c that is what made him almost mid tier
He got his bomb jumps back, along with a nifty new trick: you can airdodge diagonally upward while throwing the bomb, and he'll end up flying into the back of the bomb, causing it to explode.

The ability to hook onto walls with the hookshot is still a long ways off, though. Tethers are complicated.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
@diddy

last time i heard, Link's grounded up-b isn't chargeable at all (just like Melee) :)

which is fine by me...... a strong "gomn" (get off my n???) move like that doesn't need the ability to charge, even less the ability to store it.....that would be way OP'd

and you guys need to stop worrying so much about Links recovery.....wall grappling will most likely never be possible, but the P:M team won't let you down. They have a couple of new tricks ^^

smashmods.com say whaaaaa?!

sry shanus v.v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom