• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
Heh... Smashmods. Looking good!

Also, nice to know Link is getting attention. Even though I don't really play him, he's fun to pick up once in a while. Plus, Mario with his Dr. Mario-style N-air has got me a little more excited for this. Hopefully, landing detection won't be too prioritized, as I worry it may be too complicated to code...

Keep up the good work, guys.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
I wasnt talking about a wall recovery even though it would be great. In BBrawl the way how it works which im pretty sure you've played it is Link does AirUPB and then within the time limit you can shoot out the clawshot which grabs the ledge just like his normal tether recovery. However if someone grabs the ledge he falls into helpless state. It also still goes by the 3 thether limit. Sure it may seem OP'd but I would wager this to be the closest as we are gonna get for atleast Links Thether recovery to melee standards.

Anywho That Brawlmods site Is awesome. I cant wait to go play around in it some more. lol just like a kid at x-mas time opening their present lol. Or rather a kid in a candy shop lol.

Just like Blitz said above

Keep up the good work ^_^

Sterowent

Smash Ace
but that wouldn't help link much. because of the nature of his recovery, ie the lack of distance across he gains, the only time that'd save link is if he had no distance to cover horizontally. otherwise, players can just sit on the ledge and wait for the apex of his upB, where they would roll onto the stage and watch link fall to his death. and this is a situation link is most familiar with.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
As for P:M, Link's up+B is indeed non-chargeable. It's actually better that way. It's been tweaked in various ways. For one, it's on average more powerful than the original version, as you'd have to charge a bit to get to the new versions damage/kb lvls. In the end, you won't be disappointed.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Link is all around better than his Melee incarnation, although he's definitely not perfect yet.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i have a feeling Links moonwalk might be of more use in P:M than it was in Melee (probably his wavedash too)

D

Deleted member

i have a feeling Links moonwalk might be of more use in P:M than it was in Melee (probably his wavedash too)
Link with a moonwalk almost as good as Falcon's would gimp and **** hard with bair and nair

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Watching the stream Wolf was taken to extreme notice with his apparent ability to
Short-hop Double Shine.

Interesting. Very interesting.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Link with a moonwalk almost as good as Falcon's would gimp and **** hard with bair and nair
Yeahhhhhhh, no. Moonwalking is all flash, no use. The only reason Falcon goes so far is because his horizontal aerial movement. Whats the point of gimping with a moonwalk when you can just run off and do it?

D

Deleted member

Yeahhhhhhh, no. Moonwalking is all flash, no use. The only reason Falcon goes so far is because his horizontal aerial movement. Whats the point of gimping with a moonwalk when you can just run off and do it?
Hmm. That's true. I don't know how specifically the physics for moonwalking work, but the idea of link using it in conjunction with bair, nair, and tether seemed good for his pretty sub par gimp game.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I just wanna say something. To the P:M team. Something I gotta let out.

I love you.

Ganon is amazing.

Glick and I just played 8 straight hours of this game. And not once did I grow tired of it. I was pumped from the beginning all the way to the last game.

Ganon is amazing.

That is all. :-)

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Haha, you're welcome. Props to Camelot, too.

I will try to melee-itize his Up-B grab range this coming week, Glick.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
I just wanna say something. To the P:M team. Something I gotta let out.

I love you.

Ganon is amazing.

Glick and I just played 8 straight hours of this game. And not once did I grow tired of it. I was pumped from the beginning all the way to the last game.

Ganon is amazing.

That is all. :-)
Dang...i want to play lol. does it feel like melee yet or B+ just wondering. and how is fox if i can ask these questions haha...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think most of the feedback has said that this has been feeling pretty close to Melee (not spot-on or near, but it's got a good feel).

As far as moonwalking goes, I watched some videos of Germ putting it to use every so often and it's just fantastic to watch. Actually, everything about what he did in some of those videos was spectacular, especially recovery. This one in particular is massive win.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Definitely feels much more like Melee than Brawl/Brawl+. So fast paced and technical.

I could seriously play it all day. I haven't been able to play any Smash game for an entire day without wanting to take a break since ... well, since Melee.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
guys guess what?! yesterday i found an SD card outside on the floor and it had Project M beta in it!

then i woke up

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
guys guess what?! yesterday i found an SD card outside on the floor and it had Project M beta in it!

then i woke up
lol send me da link :) (im serious :urg:) too much hype i bet this will have better notice than b+

Sterowent

Smash Ace
guys, if a model importer is created, are you going to include roy as he used to be or GOG's roy? i'd really like to see the PSA tipper in a real melee setting. it has great potential.

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
Oh god, i think everyone who played PM seen the light and now they are worshiping it!

I will never become apart of your godly society!

i think.....

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
lol send me da link :) (im serious :urg:) too much hype i bet this will have better notice than b+
*Facepalm*

guys, if a model importer is created, are you going to include roy as he used to be or GOG's roy? i'd really like to see the PSA tipper in a real melee setting. it has great potential.
Not to mention we need, you know, a clone engine.

As far as moonwalking goes, I watched some videos of Germ putting it to use every so often and it's just fantastic to watch. Actually, everything about what he did in some of those videos was spectacular, especially recovery. This one in particular is massive win.
Hot ****. I didn't know Germ still played. I think he's definitely getting even better, that was one crazy match. Regardless of stage, I don't think I'd ever wanna fight Sheik with Link, I hate that matchup. :(

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
*Facepalm*

Not to mention we need, you know, a clone engine.

Hot ****. I didn't know Germ still played. I think he's definitely getting even better, that was one crazy match. Regardless of stage, I don't think I'd ever wanna fight Sheik with Link, I hate that matchup. :(
HDL beat M2K's Sheik at Pound4. He's ****ing amazing.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
ETWIST - I think I know that girl in your avatar in RL. If not she looks exactly like her. Incredibly weird.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
I cant wait for this version after watching that UStream the other night I can hardly wait.
yeah, but here's the thing. you're now realizing that you will watch the next stream, and that feeling will get worse. this game...!

need more footage! BLARGH

so, what are you guys doing with olimar? i know he's got that infinite plucking goin on, but he can't continue to be a spam character effectively, not unless he somehow has lazer pikmin all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom