• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
You guys realize that the Project: m people would have been perfectly justified in not giving us streams at all? The fact that we even get them OCCASIONALLY is something to be grateful for. Let the man do what he wants, and don't give him grief over it; he is in no way obligated to go out of his way just to please you.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I'm sure they don't mind streaming it. I believe his reason not to stream it is he needs practice before a Brawl+ tournament takes place.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
wow...i got banned from the stream chat becuz i said "good job JC"? maybe you guys should be more aware of who you give mod powers to because apparently some people aren't matue enough to handle it. but w/e good games

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
On the note of character changes: by the time this is actually released, character changes will be far and few in between. Part of the major turnoff for Brawl+ during its development was near constant changes especially from players who simply weren't that good. With P:M, not only can you expect the team to update far less often, but when they do make changes, it's based on what top-level Melee players said.

And don't even consider character balance right now. There's no point when physics aren't even in place.

Hit stun is actually less than in B+ IIRC since P:M will have the mobility tools to make up for it (and it's considerably noticeable between B+ and Melee the difference in hitstun).

There is an attempt to bring light shielding back. Needs to be reworked though.

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
I wanna point to Marth nair. Just anyone of the team could start Melee (v1.2), select Marth ... then do a lot of times just his nair in different situations with different damage of the opponent. Also at the same time compare it in the same situations.

In my opinion it's clear that the dynamic of his nair in gone in Brawl, so it would be useful if there are any ideas how it could be fix or changes to the old nair.

(This is not a request and never will be any other type of pressure. I'm not responsible for any kind of causality triggered by this post.)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Sorry if anyone got mistakenly banned. When I figured out how, I went back and manually unbanned everyone. Looks like I gotta be more careful about giving out mod powers...

freakin Canadians...

Fun times though. Jiang is a beast. And <3 Plum always.

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
Marth's neutral Air

OK - A question to the developers of this project:

Did you ever thought about making Marth's neutral Air as dynamic as in Melee?

I just ask that because it is better syncronized in Melee.

The repulsion of the first hit is just minimized to a very little value and Merth is still falling while doing the move then the repulsion of the second hit has a normal (not hard) value.

Also the effects of both hits of the move aren't that low then the first one in the moveset of the Brawl Marth.

It is really more effective in Melee ^^!

I'm anyone you all aren't allowed to point to.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
what i wanna see is moves having the same properties they did in Melee.

if Falcon killed fox with a knee at a certain % ....let it kill at the same % in P:M with the same KB and the same angle. or a fox u-smash kill on jiggz at 60%

the fact that you could turn the match around in a matter of seconds is what made Melee so exciting to play and watch.

i re-call something being said about P:M aiming to match Melee's data frame by frame and i'm pretty sure that's what the people want to see from this project...... i know I do

either way i know it's still early, so like everyone else, all i can do is sit and wait

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I saw some gameplay on youtube. Everything seems really fluid and the combos are great. Amazing work Project M development team!

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Take a look at Canada, then look at Neko, now back to Canada, now back to Neko. Sadly, Canada isn't Neko, but if you stop being Canadian and start impersonating Neko on livestream, you could pretend like you're him.
Look down, back up, where are you? You're sitting at a computer impersonating the Neko you could be like. What's on your desk, now back at the screen, it's there, it's a blue name emanating those powers you wish you had, look again, you're name is now the same as the one in blue as well, anything is possible when you're Neko and not a Canadian, I'm permabanned.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Take a look at Canada, then look at Neko, now back to Canada, now back to Neko. Sadly, Canada isn't Neko, but if you stop being Canadian and start impersonating Neko on livestream, you could pretend like you're him.
Look down, back up, where are you? You're sitting at a computer impersonating the Neko you could be like. What's on your desk, now back at the screen, it's there, it's a blue name emanating those powers you wish you had, look again, you're name is now the same as the one in blue as well, anything is possible when you're Neko and not a Canadian, I'm permabanned.
I love you guys so much.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
it was 8 p.m for me...which is 11 p.m east coast....which is still yesterday april 24th

sigh...forget it

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I think Kaizo is on to something.

THIS WAS ALL A PLOT BY NEKO TO HAVE PEOPLE IMPERSONATE OLD SPICE COMMERICALS!
-DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom