• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I'm looking to recruit a few additional coders for a few advanced changes. I require people versed in PSA & Brawlbox animation editing to add to the team.
I can't help but I certainly like to watch the going-ons. Any room for spectators?

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
I don't mind being able to walljump with X or Y, but the way wall jumping works right now makes it pretty much impossible to use you double jump when next to a wall. If possible, could the distance between the wall and the character be shortened so that you have to actually have to touch the wall before being able to initiate a walljump?

jalued

Smash Lord
I think in Brawl, when it comes to walljumping, the joystick is more sensitive.

Also, in Melee, you couldn't walljump with X or Y. You had to tap the joystick. That makes "scar jumping" a lot easier in Brawl+/P:M compared to Melee.
I'm sure that you could use x and y, however needed to hold away from the stage

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i say death to walljumping with y/x. We are trying to make P:M resemble Melee as much as possible with the exception of the (few) better aspects that Brawl gives, And walljumping with y/x is not one of them. (and that's not an opinion)

For those saying that you got used to walljumping with y/x already, you got many options to choose from.....vbrawl / bbrawl / brawl+ / brawl-

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I thought you could wall jump with X or Y. I never used up for jump.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
In Melee you could only walljump by being right next to a wall and smashing the stick away from the wall.

I have a bigger problem with the current hypersensitivity of stick tilting in the Brawl engine than I do with X/Y walljumping, but that's just me.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
In Melee you could only walljump by being right next to a wall and smashing the stick away from the wall.

I have a bigger problem with the current hypersensitivity of stick tilting in the Brawl engine than I do with X/Y walljumping, but that's just me.
Pretty much this. I've done more accidental wall jumps with the stick than with the Jump Button. :/

I say chalk it up to buffer and input timing, cuz this isnt really that widespread of a problem.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
I know its a bit off question but how are Thethers going to work in this version since in Melee characters thethers well Link and Samus's could hit any part of the stage. Just figured its a good question to ask. I however wouldn't mind if you guys could implement Balanced Brawl thing like where link can do UPB into his hookshot as maybe as a Viable option. Again its just a suggestion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuMJhm4bD-s&feature=player_embedded

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wall grabbling is a bit tricky to do.

@V-K, nobody really knows for sure. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

camelot

Smash Ace
^ Yes, but realize that P:M is focusing more on being like Melee (obviously).

It's still much less than Melee's zair land lag, which was 30 frames. Zairs can still be used as actual attacks (except Lucas'), they just aren't quite as good.

iLink

Smash Champion
Am I right to assume that you can aerial glide toss and use zair instead of actually throwing something?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
LOL my post count in this thread is 452 posts. I post here too much. Soooooooo, about Wario, does he have a upthrow CG against spacies? Can Marth still CG CF? He shouldn't. >_>

camelot

Smash Ace
Am I right to assume that you can aerial glide toss and use zair instead of actually throwing something?
Yes, but I'm not sure if it's going to stay that way.

Right now, "aerial glide toss zairs" give a ridiculous amount of momentum, making it Link's (and maybe Samus') fastest form of horizontal movement, and having some weird recovery uses.

The reason the momentum thing isn't an issue with aerial glide tossing (with an item) is because the momentum boost stops at the end of the animation.

With a zair out of an air dodge, though, the momentum stays because the animation is so much longer.

This'll give you an idea of how far you can go:

Imagine that is Final Destination. Blue arrow is Link's jump, red arrow is him zair-ing out of a diagonally upwards air dodge.

I don't think it goes quite as far as in the picture, but you get the idea.

D

Deleted member

You might want to keep that technique for Link (If you're saying that it is broken =x). It might be worth testing longer with his wavedash, moonwalk, AGT, and that Zair AGT.

Is it possible to modify Link's moonwalk so it goes almost as far as Falcon's?

I could see Link being decent offstage with his Bair and Nair for edgeguarding and gimping then tethering or up-b.

Same goes for his wavedash. A decent wavedash on link the length of say, Melee Mario/Marth would probably do him some good.

Wiggins

Smash Ace
So, this has peaked my interests.... Is there any idea when this might be released? I wouldn't mind actually finding a copy of brawl and a wii just to see if this is going to be as fun as melee.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
Not to be finicky about this and all but technically when would a character be sufficiently "complete"? After all, we've been spending so much like deliberating on footstools, wall jumps, etc. along with dissenting opinions on how a character should behave. All you need is one person calling BS because Mario's cape doesn't auto-kill and you'd have quite a few people rallying it up for Mario to be changed again.

I think the real question is "Are there any characters that can be played adequately at the moment?"

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
^^Ever played World of Warcraft? Guess how many patches there are. I don't know either, but it's the sole reason why it takes so freaking long to install, lol they're all because the game constantly needs fixing and tweaking in one way or another in order for it to be as balanced as possible. I think that characters will never be fully 'complete', but will possibly constantly be buffed or nerfed in an attempt to balance them out with the other characters after its release.

Referring to the somewhat recent ganon moveset discussion...

Have we all come to an agreement that either:

a.) warlock punch becomes chargeable and utilt becomes the most powerful move in the game, or
b.) utilt becomes useful and warlock punch becomes the most powerful move in the game.

...?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Not to be finicky about this and all but technically when would a character be sufficiently "complete"? After all, we've been spending so much like deliberating on footstools, wall jumps, etc. along with dissenting opinions on how a character should behave. All you need is one person calling BS because Mario's cape doesn't auto-kill and you'd have quite a few people rallying it up for Mario to be changed again.
Hi. Welcome to game development. Tons of changes go in, even after things are relatively stable. We don't just want the game working on release. We want it working well.

Not to mention this topic doesn't necessarily reflect what's actually going on behind the scenes, and it's incredibly easy to just ignore the idiots.

I think the real question is "Are there any characters that can be played adequately at the moment?"
Most.

melic67

Smash Cadet
If you guys need any help with animations or something like that I can help. I have had quite some time in brawlbox. I have been waiting for this for a long time.

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
Hi. Welcome to game development. Tons of changes go in, even after things are relatively stable. We don't just want the game working on release. We want it working well.

Not to mention this topic doesn't necessarily reflect what's actually going on behind the scenes, and it's incredibly easy to just ignore the idiots.
Welllllllll, I didn't imply that the project's not doing well. I trust that the characters we want are going to be adequate enough when it comes out.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Shanus if I had a SC2 beta key.. which I might... could I get a beta of this (:

epic same time post

samsonites101

Smash Cadet
I doubt light shielding will be in because I don't think Brawl recognizes when the L or R button is pressed part way. It only registers once it's fully pressed. Not 100% sure so someone else confirm this.

samsonites101

Smash Cadet
actually, I think im wrong cause I noticed there's now a code that registers soft shoulder button presses (says on the first page). That's awesome.

skrach8

Smash Lord
are u going to be able to pressure shields in this game like melee.

better question is there going to be more hit/shield stun in this game?

Pen_island

Smash Cadet
Good, slamming that shield button used to screw me up a lot whenever I played brawl.

I'm just going to assume that Project M Falcon is great since the people making this project seem so hard set on making this as similar to melee as possible and since Falcon is the embodiment of why melee is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom