• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
That time he said something about things being always possible and not giving up made me lol. Then I remembered the whole "Fight the powah" song and I lol'd even more.

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Broly is a paraplegic (that's the right term, right?), Burai. He uses the controller with his FACE.

Also I'ma drop Marth in Melee, Roy, and even Ganondorf (Maybe not Ganondorf, I love killing people with like 4 hits) and focus on Mewtwo. Even if Mewtwo is retardedly light for no discernible reason (my theory is Melee Mewtwo is a plush animal).

What's wrong with the clone engine right now, aside from being unable to do projectiles?

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Yea broly uses his cheek for the control stick and his tongue for the buttons and the arm that he can move a lil bit for the shield and cancelling. Someone should post the link of the srk interview and his set with darkrain

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ugh went to go play some Melee then remembered my controllers are broken.

Dammit.

Also figured as much.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I would assume it still has the same issues. I don't recall the clone engine being worked on in the last few months.
Pretty much this.

I would've updated this thread if something new came up.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=25005.0

Just was never a fan of competing in a scene with groups of people who were content on playing the ****tier game for reasons mentioned when they weren't even having fun.
I think there was an alternate name for this. I think it was called tier-whoring.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
At least it was Metaknight that ended up being the best in Brawl, not something random like Pit.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Playing a game despite despising its inadequacies isn't tier whoring. It just promotes tier whoring since at that point winning is the only objective. You can tier ***** in Melee and still have loads fun.
I thought the definition was to do so but at the cost of fun.
I'm using this as reference.

http://tekkennation.com/tier_cosmic.htm

Also, I think that the Clone Engine torch should be passed on to another ASM codes so we can get a less buggy engine when the balancing phase comes, whenever that is.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Also, I think that the Clone Engine torch should be passed on to another ASM codes so we can get a less buggy engine when the balancing phase comes, whenever that is.
The question that comes to my mind is who would even be able to take over for Dant? The only people I can think of are PW or maybe Bero or Magus, and two of those three are dead/hibernating/in cryosleep.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, I sure am glad that one of the most interesting characters in the Kirby series is now universally hated among smashers.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I still remember Sakurai making Kirby a god in SSE. Indeed, a warp start is far more destructive than an arwing. There was some favouritism here.

But yeah, the torch should be passed on, but apart from Bero and Magus, I don't know who. Phantom Wings, he comes and goes, XD.

Bero is actually very talented and underrated, so I'd love to see him try to be honest. I'm pretty sure Magus is busy with other stuff got Project M at the moment.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
o.O amazing. I wish I could do that -tries-

ok... nvm.. -notreallygonnatry-
At least it was Metaknight that ended up being the best in Brawl, not something random like Pit.
Or Link.... -_-
MK = Charlie Sheen :glare:

Making Pit top tier wouldn't be random since Sakurai is involved with Kid Icarus. It would be incredibly annoying though.
Didn't he make kirby 64 or something?
Besides.. He's not one to show favoritism.. Or bias.. Link.. -sigh-

Lol I should stop complaining. This joke's getting old.
I'd honestly only want Link in upper mid at best (in an official smash game anyway) he'd be ruined if he were god tier. Everyone would use him regardless of whether they actually like the character or not. And I'd be just another Link maining tier ***** (Holy ****.. The word Link and tier ***** was used in the same sentence...)

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey, has anyone considered implementing any solutions to Wall Infinites? Preferably something unintrusive, yet effective.

A friend and I were discussing it, Tekken solves the problem by reducing hitstun. It seems like a good fix to me, because it does not involve editing movesets or physics.

Do you think a code that halves or removes hitstun upon hitting a wall is feasible/a good idea? Why/why not?

Rikana

Smash Champion
I think hitstun is a universal thing. I don't think you can alter hitstun for anything specific.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Hey, has anyone considered implementing any solutions to Wall Infinites? Preferably something unintrusive, yet effective.

A friend and I were discussing it, Tekken solves the problem by reducing hitstun. It seems like a good fix to me, because it does not involve editing movesets or physics.

Do you think a code that halves or removes hitstun upon hitting a wall is feasible/a good idea? Why/why not?
Wall infinites are VERY rare in Smash, especially since the devs know what they are doing. I don't think we need a global solution when we can just isolate each problem individually.

I mean, there was only one wall infinite in Melee.

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
Wall infinites are VERY rare in Smash, especially since the devs know what they are doing. I don't think we need a global solution when we can just isolate each problem individually.

I mean, there was only one wall infinite in Melee.
You can do it in a couple spots in PS1 and on Rainbow cruise right?

Honestly they're not too bad since all of the spots you can be "wall infinited" at are timed anyway, so it usually wouldn't be too bad. Besides, wasn't there a fix to this on Hyrule Castle 64? If so then implement that on all of the infinite spots if it really is an issue.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey, why do people dislike walls so much other than the possibility of wall infinites?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wall infinites don't exist in Project M. Without our own intervention, characters go into tumble hitstun (i.e. they can tech) if they collide with a wall more than once without leaving hitstun.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
^ What a good solution.

Also, I still like MK quite a bit. Not really how I/we have to experience him in vBrawl, but I've enjoyed him in every other game/mod he's appeared in.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Wall infinites don't exist in Project M. Without our own intervention, characters go into tumble hitstun (i.e. they can tech) if they collide with a wall more than once without leaving hitstun.
I love you, this is brilliant.

Do you have any type of solution/eventual break point for chaingrabs? Most tournaments rule that you can't chaingrab/infinite over 300%, as it constitutes stalling. Have you taken that kind of limit into consideration and tried to program to avoid 300+% chaingrabs?

And since there are no wall infinites, could we try experimenting with stages that have walls a little more?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hyrule Castle's presence in the stage list is an experiment all on it's own, as it would be banned in both VBrawl and Melee due to that wall and tent.

Ecks

Smash Lord
To an extent, the tent and the walls can act like temple (to me at least.) since it's kinda like a cage down there and people can live longer (not forever like temple, but longer than usual).

Ecks

Smash Lord
Well, you're talking to someone who loves Zelda stages (gBay, Temple and Castle) and I don't mind long matches. But I'm sure it'll end up CP or something.

I'm saying that if it gets banned, that's probably why.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Hey everyone. Just got back from my trip overseas. What did I miss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom