• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Don't listen to those people. Sure that character might have the better advantage but theres old Melee people that I have absolute respect for doing well with low tier characters. Such are Captain Jack (DK), Taj (Mewtwo), and Akini (Link,Samus).

I have to agree with Ulevo on his post.

Your fault for listening to said nay-sayers.
Also this is P:M sure it has alot of melee mechanics but alot of characters are better than their melee Counterpart. I mean I can tell alot from the demo especially Link, Ganon, Zelda. And heck even from streams DK looks more of a monster now than he did in Melee.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
low tiers are usually fun too

also

<standardtoaster> If you don't rocky right
<standardtoaster> Duffy
<standardtoaster> ****ing
<standardtoaster> Autocorrect
<standardtoaster> Do it right
<Strong_Bad> lmao
<standardtoaster> The he'll
<standardtoaster> CD/DVD
<cmart> Rocky right
<Monk> XD
<standardtoaster> HELL
<Strong_Bad> XD!!!!!!
<cmart> I'm gonna Rocky Right your *** off

#PMBR is funny

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
All is forgiven since it's marth and his fighting style is both graceful and fancy. One cannot help it.

And I'd like to see that too. I'd be awesome if you guys could stream but vids will do.
What part of spamming Fsmash and changrabbing spacies is graceful? Now Melee Pikachu... that is graceful. Elegantly comboing the foe all the way across FD, and finishing them with a tail spike. It is the very definition of beauty :awesome:

-Marth hater/Melee 'Chu fan (Pikachu fan, not ChuDat fan. But he's pretty cool too. Don't judge me)

Ignore this.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
We just broke into the quadruple digit page count, yay!

If your page count says we're well past that, then you suxorz at teh interwebz so your opinion doesn't count.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Well since they ARE a 1:1 clone :DDD
sarcasmalertdon'tkillme
SNEAK'S USING MINDGAMES DON'T TECH TO THE LEFT GODDAMMIT

Anyway,
I often wonder whether Link really suits me or if it's my fanboyism forcing me to like playing as him. I could really be a diddy or ice climbers main or something.. =_= Gross.

It was pretty damn tough to beat Taj.. I had to gay him with Brinstar lol.
You played him? Is it recorded? :o
Did you ever play Germ?

Ecks

Smash Lord
What part of spamming Fsmash and changrabbing spacies is graceful?
Fighting style, not play style. :)

@Sneak. That sucks, but can't say I blame you. Though technically you're just updating to something that's theoretically better anyway.

:phone:

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
yea... plus i'm slowly turning to an srk head lol. the 2d fighter scene is bigger in my area as opposed to the smash scene but project m is pretty much the next big thing so hopefully it catches on competitively like the other competitive mods (cs, dota, etc)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I agree with Kage, pick a character that suits you. I picked Falco because he felt right in my hands, and that was well before I knew he was Top tier material, XD. In N64, I played Fox. Just pick whoever you like. The fun isn't necessarily in beating others but in mastery. Anyone with half a brain would respect a low tier player who can give trouble to a top tier player anyways.

Well, I did retire from Melee once, then recently got back to it so I can practice for Project M. But all in all, I understand Sneak. Project M has made so many characters more enjoyable that I can't see myself going back to Melee full time.

himynameisruss

Smash Journeyman
yea... plus i'm slowly turning to an srk head lol. the 2d fighter scene is bigger in my area as opposed to the smash scene but project m is pretty much the next big thing so hopefully it catches on competitively like the other competitive mods (cs, dota, etc)
melee to p:m is actually more like 1.6 to cspromod, and trust me, you don't want p:m to be like cspromod.

himynameisruss

Smash Journeyman
i never said a specific cs, just cs in general was successful
cspromod was the modification to change counter-strike: source (read: brawl) and modify it to play just like 1.6 (read: melee) while keeping the source engine.

sound familiar? :p

it's first official release had an incredible amount of hype but when it was released everyone hated it :x

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Melee is a game that has flaws that people acknowledge though. Most people would be willing to play a game that is 99.9% Melee but far better balanced and with new characters and new tricks.

You know, at least we hope.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
cspromod was the modification to change counter-strike: source (read: brawl) and modify it to play just like 1.6 (read: melee) while keeping the source engine.

sound familiar? :p

it's first official release had an incredible amount of hype but when it was released everyone hated it :x
If all Project M was all about was making a game "just like" Melee inside Brawl, there would be more of a correlation. But with all of PM's balance changes in which it doesn't treat Melee as a sacred cow, it's simply not a good comparison. Not to mention the larger roster.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Melee is a game that has flaws that people acknowledge though. Most people would be willing to play a game that is 99.9% Melee but far better balanced and with new characters and new tricks.

You know, at least we hope.
Well if people are smart then---

....****

There's no hope bro. I'm sorry. T_T

Ecks

Smash Lord
99%? let me quote myself on this one...

PM=Better than Melee
PM=Different than Melee by definition
PM=Different
therefore,
PM=Bad
PM=Worse than Melee

And this is a perfect logic that a lot of people will follow.
Nah, after landing detection and DI fix, I'm sure people will play it. Dunno if they'll switch, but a lot will try and like it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Umm.. it's not inherently worse. It's just who will make the switch? How can you possibly attract new players and start a real tournament scene? That's the real question here. If people can't do that then the game becomes just another fun game, and that's it.

MaxThunder

PM Support
Umm.. it's not inherently worse. It's just who will make the switch? How can you possibly attract new players and start a real tournament scene? That's the real question here. If people can't do that then the game becomes just another fun game, and that's it.
yeah... I'm hoping that PM will spark new life into the smash scene in norway... I know that at least one guy who used to play competitively is gonna play it, so there's hope that he'll get more people to play too... and i'll try to do my part too of course...
... but i guess i'll never know until everything either works out or fails horribly...

MaxThunder

PM Support
i've heard about that guy... I think someone said he was the best in norway or something on the norwegian smash forum... the forum that has been completely dead for months=(...
... maybe i should stop just lurking there and actually say something... yeah i'll put that on my list...

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Once people understand that there is only this moment here, right now. Then the quality of everything is going to increase. I mean **** will get done constantly! =P

Ecks

Smash Lord
I'm not worried. A surprising amount of people know about it already and it's just going to keep on growing. Just wait till people see those newcomers and melee low tiers.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I can see Project M as something that will be held in side torunaments for Melee tournaments when it comes out. I actually tried to hold a tournament at a convention recently and got instantly shot down because it's a mod. I'll see if I can find another way to hold one.

Ecks

Smash Lord
It never ocurred to me that being a mod could pose a problem. Did you explain that there is no wii hacking involved (hackless method)?

Ulevo

Smash Master
I can see Project M as something that will be held in side torunaments for Melee tournaments when it comes out. I actually tried to hold a tournament at a convention recently and got instantly shot down because it's a mod. I'll see if I can find another way to hold one.
It depends on the exposure in the area. I remember pre-Brawl+ when the non-tripping code was released. I tried to have it implemented at a tourney or two and I had some of the local PR whine and complain about it being a mod as well. Now I'm pretty sure everyone would play P:M if they had a shot. Same thing with my local scene. Everyone got tired of Brawl and quit Smash entirely thanks to it. I introduced them to minus (since some are casual players), their interest was resparked. Then they got tired of how gay it was, and switched to Brawl+. Now that I'm back I'll be playing P:M with them.

Point being, once people begin to play and enjoy it, they quickly forget about it being "just a mod".

Ecks

Smash Lord
Hopefully this problem will go away as pm gets popular. People will start asking for it too.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Isn't there video of Bombsoldier playing PM? I haven't seen that guy playing Melee in years.

So I'm hoping, at the very least, the complete version of PM will attract players old and new back to Smash, and hopefully, Melee.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yeah, there are a few videos with Bombsoldier on Momosugar's YT channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom