• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Even I watch my opponents when I play, and confirmed that the CPUs have extreme prejudice against humans in Brawl and all Brawl mods.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Yes, our development cycle will be 4 years.
You've already got a 2 year head start. Let's aim for a 2013 release.

Watching the videos from JCeas' YouTube reminded me about Yoshi's ability to jump out of aerial egg roll. That was such a good decision. Reminded me of some of the awesome game elements y'all already have in.
Double Jump, Yoshi egg side B, ANOTHER Double Jump, ARE YOU SERIOUS, Up B. :cool:

Ecks

Smash Lord
Even I watch my opponents when I play, and confirmed that the CPUs have extreme prejudice against humans in Brawl and all Brawl mods.
Yeah, they barely even attack each other! And I find very ironic since... well, it's Brawl.

And only watching what you do is the first step in the wrong direction.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Sheesh. I was only joking when I had said that. :|

:phone:
All is forgiven since it's marth and his fighting style is both graceful and fancy. One cannot help it.

And I'd like to see that too. I'd be awesome if you guys could stream but vids will do.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
You hope he was being sarcastic.
I do..... I want finished P:M Link before I die of a heart attack when Link4 sucks major ***
-__-

64 - Only character to lose height on his recovery
Melee - Decent.. THERE'S HOPE
Brawl - Hope = gone
Fml.

SSB4 - Spin attack has the KB of a jab (Brawl spin returns <_<), His bombs only can hit him. His spin sends him downwards and repels the ledge. His rang goes 4 inches and has a 190 frame catch animation. His kill power is reduced to that of Bwarl Sheik's only less. He'll be the only character to suffer from hitstun. He'll be 0-death chaingrabbed by everyone. Even Brawl Ganon will be laughing at him.

Oh and his hookshot will have Melee pikachu grab range. <_<

Edit: How can I forget to mention the 10-90 or less matchups against the entire goddamn cast? =_=

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

People are so pessimistic. Link will be bad but not that bad. Thanks to all his cool items, he has a bad recovery, because they weigh so much right? It's "more realistic." Gee, why apply realism to Link when Snake could hit you with a kick from 3 feet away, a kick aimed upward, -_-

Ecks

Smash Lord
Burai you n00b! Link is overpowered!
/Sakurailogic

I swear, some Link main in the dev team must keep owning Sakurai, making him think Link's too good.

@blu link. And don't forget that the move makes no sense either. Link is stuck being slow and Snake gets away with that?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
*Shakes head* I thought my wins would have much more impact than this.. Choose a character that best suits your style. And then with that style, you work it until you become a beast. And then you slay faces. No character johns. You are as good as your best character.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Weight doesn't affect gravity irl tho.
Realism in smash is always fun
Link --> Unlimited bombs
Samus --> unlimited missiles
Wario --> bike from nowhere and the bike gives him verticle distance e_e and he has unlimited bikes.

Sakurai chooses to apply the laws of physics only when it's inconvenient to Link (That statement is wrong I'm just saying it for convenience) Except with the case of the bombs ofc. But he had no choice there. If he gave link limited bombs then everyone would be made aware of his disgusting bias.
If he's closer to Melee Link level in 4 I'll be happy. Besides, I'll probably be playing Link:M a hell of a lot longer than Link4.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Burai you n00b! Link is overpowered!
/Sakurailogic

I swear, some Link main in the dev team must keep owning Sakurai, making him think Link's too good.

@blu link. And don't forget that the move makes no sense either. Link is stuck being slow and Snake gets away with that?
Hahaha
you reminded me of this stupid argument.. God I was disgusted.. Youtube arguments are generally pretty bad but this..
Knowing that Link is bad makes me a tier ***** and a disgrace to linksand then he said

"Link was nerfed from Melee because he was so good in Melee. (Provided you didn't abuse the game)"
-Random Youtube Idiot #394829

Fun fun fun.

I will forever be saving that =_=

*Shakes head* I thought my wins would have much more impact than this.. Choose a character that best suits your style. And then with that style, you work it until you become a beast. And then you slay faces. No character johns. You are as good as your best character.
True. I will forever be maining Link no matter how bad he is. Germ Kage is my low-ish tier main inspiration.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Haha no kidding. But Ganon is mid tier Q.Q, jk jk. I want to establish myself as a Link main and join the ranks of Lord HDL and the Germ one day.

Ecks

Smash Lord
It's not a john, it's a legitimate complain about poor design. But I do agree with you 100% on everything else. people should not complain about a style they chose in the first place. That's hypocrisy at its best.

Even if my main (Ness) is bad I still feel good playing him and when I feel I improve is when I really win.

-And no one complained about tiers again after Kage's last comment-

Edit: lol Burai I wouldn't even know how to reply to that.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Haha no kidding. But Ganon is mid tier Q.Q, jk jk. I want to establish myself as a Link main and join the ranks of Lord HDL and the Germ one day.
Well I mean there's also Axe. Pika mid-tier? Umm.. well almost. I think.. You just have to know all your tools and use them smartly against any opponent, you gotta adapt. I think it's always possible.

Ulevo

Smash Master
A tier list is a reflection of a characters potential witnessed and recorded via tournament events, with some influence by opinions of how good or bad a character -could- be by established players. If the character doesn't get enough representation, then that character can't establish itself in the tier list properly where it theoretically should be. I'm not going to say that say, Pikachu is a really amazing character in Melee, but if we had more players like Axe who represented the character the way he did, we'd have a clearer depiction of what Pikachu can and can't do, and how he stacks against the rest of the cast.

Most people don't take that in to account when they look at tiers. They just see a defined list. Fact is that the only characters you can accurately assess are the ones at the top because they're winning the most and have the most rep.

Tiers exist, but I think people overestimate their validity in a tournament scene. You're much more likely to win playing a character you enjoy and play well with with your particular style. It's one of the benefits of having multiple characters in a roster rather than just reskins of the same character (Street Fighter 1).

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Are you guys interested in making a new strap loader screen? One that's somehow more awesome than Falcon? Maybe a more professional-looking one?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
No idea, honestly. I'm not a design geek. The team would probably discuss anything made and shown to us, but I don't want to speak for the entire team.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Double Jump, Yoshi egg side B, ANOTHER Double Jump, ARE YOU SERIOUS, Up B. :cool:
I'll be brief. Yoshi has a forward attack in the air. We call it the head slam. It does 17% damage and it has a certain type of priority that beats everything except other moves with that kindof hitbox.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
I really want to learn animation so I can fix Link's TP taunt.. The one in TP looked more cool. >_<
/random

I hate when people say Tiers don't exist or Tiers r 4 queers. It bugs me that they're implying every character is equal.
Tiers never state that one character cannot win against another. They state the overall potential that's been discovered up to that point. Or -copypastawhatkagesaid-

A lot of people also seem to think that tiers are meant to dictate who you can and can't use and I think that's why they make such vacuous claims.
Having tiers decide your main is pretty lame.
Kage you should be ashamed. Since Ganon > Fox and all.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
So I think im gonna be officially retiring from melee soon and just play pm. Melee is getting too boring to me. Especially when pm ness is soooooo fun

Funny, I just started playing Melee again today. Apparently I have someone to play in my area and I may play him in Melee. He would play PM, except he can't find his Wii.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
It's not a john, it's a legitimate complain about poor design. But I do agree with you 100% on everything else. people should not complain about a style they chose in the first place. That's hypocrisy at its best.

Even if my main (Ness) is bad I still feel good playing him and when I feel I improve is when I really win.
I didn't play Ness in Melee, (or even Melee much) but that's because Melee Ness doesn't really fit my playstyle very well, hence why I just kind of bounce between characters in Melee. Please note though that Brawl was the first Smash I extensively played; I don't own a copy of Melee or 64 (roms don't count) so my playstyle evolved around Brawl Ness and a Brawl environment, which 64 Ness fits better than Melee Ness.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Funny, I just started playing Melee again today. Apparently I have someone to play in my area and I may play him in Melee. He would play PM, except he can't find his Wii.
I envy you.
How do you lose a wii?
Nvm ._.

Curious.. Where was a landing detected in 64? It's funny how before I started following P:M I had never even considered something like what part of the body a landing is registered at. It's generally assumed that it's always at the feet. Anyway, I only considered what I could do before a landing rather than where it took place.

All these little things affecting a game so much.

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
I didn't play Ness in Melee, (or even Melee much) but that's because Melee Ness doesn't really fit my playstyle very well, hence why I just kind of bounce between characters in Melee. Please note though that Brawl was the first Smash I extensively played; I don't own a copy of Melee or 64 (roms don't count) so my playstyle evolved around Brawl Ness and a Brawl environment, which 64 Ness fits better than Melee Ness.
Brawl Ness plays literally nothing like 64 Ness at all.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Other than the floatyness and lack of djc (which annoys me so much), I didn't really have much trouble using Brawl Ness. In 64 I played him, but I really loved Kirby games back then and I couldn't control pkt. So Kirby won. lol

And yeah, Ness is one of those characters that got an overhaul in the 64 to Melee transition. Not saying it was a bad thing, but it leaves a lot to be desired.

So I think im gonna be officially retiring from melee soon and just play pm. Melee is getting too boring to me. Especially when pm ness is soooooo fun

Someone give this man permission to upload Ness videos to youtube ASAP! (Or whatever is keeping him from doing so)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah.

It's a pain because I have no way to fix that, whatsoever. Unless you guys include a text file with the patch which just so happens to include a magical guide on how to use the code for it.

What if Mewtwo is the character who fits my playstyle best? I basically keep being told to give up on the low tiers I want to play and just play Marth or Sheik or someone high tiered.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Yeah.

It's a pain because I have no way to fix that, whatsoever. Unless you guys include a text file with the patch which just so happens to include a magical guide on how to use the code for it.

What if Mewtwo is the character who fits my playstyle best? I basically keep being told to give up on the low tiers I want to play and just play Marth or Sheik or someone high tiered.
Your fault for listening to said nay-sayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom