• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule Castle's presence in the stage list is an experiment all on it's own, as it would be banned in both VBrawl and Melee due to that wall and tent.
Mkay. The tent may be a bit much, but I don't think the wall is all that much of an issue.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
After that previous disaster called cot4 I refuse to go to any major that involves chibo hosting

:phone:
Oh. I heard about that. That was a pretty bad day with all the delays and it ended up resulting in the GFs being played in an apartment building with people lining up across the rooms and hallways. X(

I remember watching a scene where SamuraiPanda had to help calm the crowd down....

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I was at the legendary failure known as CoT4 hehe. Fun times.

I'm not going to CoT5 for the Brawl tourney though so I could care less if it fails.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I heard horror stories about those... Meh, can't be worst than that free for all tourney that banned L-Cancel and Wavedashing.

This is why they say that anime cons suck at tourneys.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I heard horror stories about those... Meh, can't be worst than that free for all tourney that banned L-Cancel and Wavedashing.
..They banned what? Seriously?

How would they even enforce that? If they're ignorant enough to ban L-canceling, they're not going to have sharp enough eyes to actually tell WHEN people are doing so. Groan.

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman

Scrub mentality at its finest smh
Well It could've been worse and allowed starmans and hammers...

Vigilante

Smash Lord
..They banned what? Seriously?

How would they even enforce that? If they're ignorant enough to ban L-canceling, they're not going to have sharp enough eyes to actually tell WHEN people are doing so. Groan.
The story is simple and weird... They didn't ban it in words.

I was playing them, already annoyed that it was free for all. And they they said I was moving too fast and sliding weirdly. In other words, they were convinced that I hacked the game despite the console being behind a glass window.

They couldn't quite explain it, but they called foul play and then I explained that I was merely using advanced techniques called wavedashing and L-Canceling, then they came to the conclusion that I was exploiting glitches and kicked me out. So on my way out, I plunged my hand in the cash pool and took my money back.

And yes items were on at Normal.

Shame, that would have been easy money.

Rikana

Smash Champion
lol that is the dumbest thing I heard. Not only did they not accept the fact that you're using ATs they don't know about but they also kick you out because of it? Scrubs to the maxxxxx.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Meh, that was a one time deal, the usual tournaments in Montreal had good rulesets. The host was the problem. Not everyone were happy with my expulsion.

I'm laughing about it now, lol. But yeah, that was back in 2008, and I stopped Smashing in early 2009 due to scene death until I heard of Project M.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Oh ya the melee scene in montreal is pretty dead. I play only with the top players basically unless someone else hosts something then I stop by their house instead sometimes. There's not really any active players lol.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Because I'm an M Falco main, I can easily transfer to Melee, so I guess I could technically reintegrate the Melee scene, :p. By the way, I'm still pending on my application, sorry it's taking so long to get back to you.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Because I'm an M Falco main, I can easily transfer to Melee, so I guess I could technically reintegrate the Melee scene, :p. By the way, I'm still pending on my application, sorry it's taking so long to get back to you.
Depends, usually my criteria to play with people is that they MUST have the will to improve, if not it sucks *** fighting someone with no willpower lol.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Depends, usually my criteria to play with people is that they MUST have the will to improve, if not it sucks *** fighting someone with no willpower lol.
Lol, that I would seek out more advanced players to learn from fighting them probably shows I got that will to improve :p.

I'm not really happy with just being over average.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
So after not playing for 5 days my Link's speed and efficiency has been cut in half seemingly.. Like I'm missing easy L cancels. My projectile game now sucks. That god forsaken boomerang keeps slowing me down when I catch it (Which usually isn't a major problem) and after trying to get my skill back for 3 days, No improvement. I think I died.

Any tricks/suggestions for getting my "skill" back? =_=

Also, I think I figured out why Link's Utilt looks slower. In melee he swings it then immediately brings it back to his side once the arch is over. In Brawl, he keeps it at the ground for a second once the swing is all the way through, thus giving the illusion that it's ending later.
I think.. <_<

I wanna go to a tournament hosted by morons like that D: I'd have so much fun mocking them..

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There is no trick. You just have to practice if you want to improve. Practicing with someone better than you will help you improve faster.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
So after not playing for 5 days my Link's speed and efficiency has been cut in half seemingly.. Like I'm missing easy L cancels. My projectile game now sucks. That god forsaken boomerang keeps slowing me down when I catch it (Which usually isn't a major problem) and after trying to get my skill back for 3 days, No improvement. I think I died.

I wanna go to a tournament hosted by morons like that D: I'd have so much fun mocking them..
dude youll get it back with no suggestions muscle memory will soon take over youll get it back with no help. trust me

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
JC, I'll be at CoT5.

What are you going for if not for Brawl? It's kind of a Brawl tourney.

himynameisruss

Smash Journeyman

just came back from a-kon in dallas last weekend and the two tourneys they had of smash were brawl 2s and brawl FFA. ugh. i didn't even bother to see if they had items or FF on.

and here i was hoping at least one setup there would have had melee =/

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
honestly its more of a mental block.... your not gonna get rusty in like 5 days... i can go weeks without playing and jump right in. If your going in thinking your gonna be rusty then your gonna play bad

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Mental block.. Ya that makes sense.

It generally happens when I don't play for a few days. But this time it's just worse <_< usually I get back to my usual level after 4-5 matches.
I guess that stops happening once you reach a certain level of skill.

Ecks

Smash Lord
That happened to me a few months ago. For some reason I just couldn't play. After about 2 days of me focusing on real life stuff it went away just like that. Just don't go pulling your hair out over it. lol

:phone:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Skills are the most solid piece of your memory. You can get rusty, but when you do, the stuff is relearned extremely quickly.

Also, caution against always playing the same people, you get bad habits.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
They couldn't quite explain it, but they called foul play and then I explained that I was merely using advanced techniques called wavedashing and L-Canceling, then they came to the conclusion that I was exploiting glitches and kicked me out. So on my way out, I plunged my hand in the cash pool and took my money back.
You shouldn't have explained anything to them. You should have asked them to point to the techniques they considered illegitimate on their imaginary list of no-no's. Then asked them who's qualified to judge that in case someone cries haxxxors.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
Skills are the most solid piece of your memory. You can get rusty, but when you do, the stuff is relearned extremely quickly.

Also, caution against always playing the same people, you get bad habits.
I only have one decent opponent to play.. My brother who only uses Ganon in P:M. My only other opponents are my cousin whom I barely see(he's not that great anyway), my mom's BF who has the most campy/unaffective Link ever. Get around his sub-par projectile game and you win. and.. a 6 year old o.O If I were to let him play I guess he could be considered more threatening than the aforementioned Link.. ugh.. We need tournaments in PA.. I'm sure we have some but like.. Idk where they are?
SOMEONE BRING P:M TO A PA TOURNEY :DDD
You'll be my unofficial hero.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I just picked up Melee after not playing for probably six months. I can waveshine with Fox despite never playing him seriously in Melee nor P:M... And I have slow fingers.

I don't get how somebody can have their tech skill quickly degrade over the span or a week or two.

BuraiHell

Smash Apprentice
I just picked up Melee after not playing for probably six months. I can waveshine with Fox despite never playing him seriously in Melee nor P:M... And I have slow fingers.

I don't get how somebody can have their tech skill quickly degrade over the span or a week or two.
ikr..
I figured it out though. I was attempting to do my moves before I could do them. Like, during the landing lag of certain attacks I was trying to go right into the next one thus slowing me down considerably.

My timing was off like hell. I was still able to wavedash though o.O
I'm just weiiirddd.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
A sign that there's not much more interesting to talk about and that we're busy working on characters and for certain PMBR members (such as myself) graduating, etc.

Starscream

Smash Ace
A sign that there's not much more interesting to talk about and that we're busy working on characters and for certain PMBR members (such as myself) graduating, etc.
I thought Shanus said that he had other revelations for blogposts on the backburner even if no discoveries were found for a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom