• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok, maybe not wobb, but a Garchomp still doesn't make sense

And after listening to the Lavender Town song yet again, I did notice I got a slight tinge of a headache though, especially in the part where it sounds bubbly

But this is like the first time after hearing it a million times so I dunno

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm just saying, you'd think that GF would listen a bit more to the competitive nature of Pokemon and follow the tier lists

(and I only used Garchomp as an example because he's Uber and nothing else)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
First of all, Gamefreak doesn't give a crap about Smogon and competitive Pokemon. Secondly, the Battle Tower works were set before Garchomp was even banned, so what does it matter?

The Battle Tower simply excludes Legendary Pokemon for the in-game value.

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
Could somebody help me? Whenever I try to start up my action replay code manager, it says runtime error. How do I fix this?

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I made my 8 year old sister listen to the song.....It didnt work, but maybe its because she was purposely making noise the ENTIRE TIME!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Remember this thread is for questions and answers alone -- if an attempt to answer a question turns into a small discussion, that's fine, but idle conversation needs to stay in The Snorlax Room. Aside from this not being the right place for it, posts like that tend to drown out legitimate questions.

Could somebody help me? Whenever I try to start up my action replay code manager, it says runtime error. How do I fix this?
Hm. My best suggestion is to uninstall it and try reinstalling it, in a different location if possible. Not sure if that'll fix it, but that's probably a good place to start.

rockem7

Smash Ace
This question is more along the lines of the anime, but when a Pokemon uses Double Team, and then goes on to use an attack, such as say, thunderbolt, does the attack appear from all of images, or just the real one?

Wrath`

Smash Master
I hope I recalled this correctly, but I remember once when Ash was in some obscure town tournament that an opposing grass type Pokemon used Double Team and then Razor Leaf, it came from all of the images, but only the real leaves hit.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I recall it was something like a Skiploom in that episode, and X Pokemon ash used felt for which was the real leaves were coming from to counterattack.

How can I remember a Pokemon episode from like 8 years ago but not my own Cell phone number?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I want to look up my SID, but I don't have a shiny to help me get the SID in my friend's Diamond

Is there any other way to get your SID or do I really have to be lucky?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You'll have to get lucky then

Or spare like $20-30 for an AR.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Just get an AR, roach. They're very useful in HG/SS since you can clone, find out IVs/EVs, and quick hatch eggs.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
To be fair, I changed mine.

Shoddy exports don't have the two next to each other, but Smogon's compact set-posting format goes:

Rattata @ Flame Orb | Guts
Adamant / 252 Atk

So I wasn't sure, so I just went with Ability first.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I would but then the Disco Room would yell at me for changing it from this.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Moderators and Premium Members have the ability to have a custom title.
Whoops, I didn't clarify, I think you can change the title of non Premium members, like how after premium runs out you still keep your title, but i didn't know if mods could change regular members titles or not, I know Admins can.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Whoops, I didn't clarify, I think you can change the title of non Premium members, like how after premium runs out you still keep your title, but i didn't know if mods could change regular members titles or not, I know Admins can.
I doubt QK or any other admin would allow us that unless you happen to be really close to him/her and you're well known

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I doubt QK or any other admin would allow us that unless you happen to be really close to him/her and you're well known
Or you ****ed the hell out of him/her and annoyed him/her into changing it. But nobody's crazy enough to do that! :p

Does Taunt last over switching? I remember facing Sir Bedevere on our server where he Taunted my Calderan and the effect persisted after I pulled him out a second time. Could have just been a server bug, or I'm on a wild goose chase.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Taunt wears off after you switch. Must have been a bug.

EDIT: So I started a new game on a SoulSilver cart. I choose Cyndaquil as a starter and caught Bellsprout. Booted Team Rocket out of Slowpoke Well and am about to face Bugsy. I need a good Water-type and flyer. For the flyer, I'm going to get the Spearow from that one dude near Goldenrod.

Should I get a Slowpoke as a Water-type or should I use the Red Gyarados? Or should I skip it altogether and get a Nidoking and teach it Surf?

EDIT2: Should I also try to get a Hitmonlee/Top/Chan from the Karate Master?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
You could have gotten the lapras even though its stats and move pool are inferior to your other choices.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok, so you guys know that the beta server in PO got an update that allows for the event moves on Raiku, Entei, Suicune, and Celebi to be used right?

Well, I still haven't downloaded the update and now I can't battle anymore. Somebody point me toward a link please?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I know I asked this before, but I can't find the answer to it.

Is there any version of PokeSav that works with SS for Pokemon editing? I think roach said that Platinum worked, but I'm not sure.

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
Remember this thread is for questions and answers alone -- if an attempt to answer a question turns into a small discussion, that's fine, but idle conversation needs to stay in The Snorlax Room. Aside from this not being the right place for it, posts like that tend to drown out legitimate questions.

Hm. My best suggestion is to uninstall it and try reinstalling it, in a different location if possible. Not sure if that'll fix it, but that's probably a good place to start.
Nah, I had to be an admisistrator. It works now.

crashic alt

Smash Rookie
Help!!!!!
my pokemon keeps evolving into ninjask
i want shedinja
only have 5 pokemon in my party, what am i doing wrong

Top Bottom