• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure the Azure Flute event is a Mystery Gift thing. If someone has it they can give it to you. You could either ask someone with an AR, such as... I think the name was Moogle/Moogie. Ask him.

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
First of all, no they cannot get me the Azure Flute as Firus said, and second of all, I don't want to bother him. Do you happen to have the Azure Flute? Because I could prove it to you. No matter what we did, it wouldn't let you trade it to me

Wrath`

Smash Master
I swear AR allowed you to put Key Items on a Pokemon, and then you could just take it off as you would any other item.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Gah

Isn't the Azure Flute a Mystery Gift? One that is able to be sent? If you want, I can toy with it in PokeSav. I can't actually hack it in right now since I have no AR with me, but I can see if it's able to be hacked in.

Also, for the Nuzlocke challenge, when doing the first Pokemon seen -> catch only rule, can you only catch the first Pokemon you see in an area (whole area) or if you're in a cave, can you go up a ladder and catch the first Pokemon you see in that particular part of the cave?

EDIT: Oh hey, what do you know. You CAN force a Pokemon to hold a key item in PokeSav.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Not right now, bro. Sorry. I don't have my Action Replay with me at the moment. I'm getting it back eventually, but since I didn't really need it, I let my cousin borrow it for a bit. He'll give it back later or something.

Rykard

Smash Ace
Hey everyone. I have a quick question about a set idea i had, though i'm probably not the first one to come up with this.

It goes like this:

Rest
Sleep Talk
Psycho Shift
[4th move]

While there are only few pokemon that can learn psycho shift, I think this would be a fun set to play around with. Basically, the idea is to use rest when you are at lowish HP and then sleep talk and hope for psycho shift to pass the sleep on to your opponent. While this only leaves you with one free turn of sleep, to do something if you get lucky, that could be all you need to switch out, use whatever your 4th move is, or use rest again to recover any damage. Probably not the most reliable set, but it could be a lot of fun.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Rest Talk Psycho Shift Cresselia works in theory, but in practice, you probably won't get Psycho Shift, and you can't hurt anything.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
LeadGross
MixNite
Celebi
ScarfTran
DD Scizor

I'm having trouble figuring out the last member to fit this team. I'm trying to run an offensive, and I'm awfully tired of using Blissey. However, I'm willing to compromise if she's the best fit. any suggestions?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
SD Scizor sucks, bad type coverage. DD Scizor sucks even more. SD Lucario is better.

What Celebi set are you running?

Rykard

Smash Ace
when a pokemon is confused, does the damage it takes when it hurts itself in confusion only factor in attack boosts? or do defense drops also count?

for example, if i used confuse ray and then screech, would the damage my opponent does to itself in confusion be the same as if i used swagger?

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
when a pokemon is confused, does the damage it takes when it hurts itself in confusion only factor in attack boosts? or do defense drops also count?

for example, if i used confuse ray and then screech, would the damage my opponent does to itself in confusion be the same as if i used swagger?
No.

Defense and Attack boosts both apply.

Although I wouldn't recommend using Swagger+Screech to anyone.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yeah I remember my Choice Banded Spiritomb basically OHKOing its self and I was a bit confused. Didn't know it factored your attack/Defense. I just thought it was pre-determined damage.

Is Floatzell a good lead in NU? I made a team and just want to know if I am off to a good start.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Question: I wanna look up a guide on Smogon for an intro to UU. Thing is, I can't seem to find it, if it exists

Anyone mind telling me where to find a guide?

Wrath`

Smash Master
What is the set specifically?
Hydroplane (Floatzel) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch

Just want to be quick and have Taunt just for those SRers. It's my first team so I don't expect it to be a great set.

@Celibii, I think we had a UU guide, but I don't know where it went.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
What's a good team to base around Feraligatr? I tried to make one, and I did, but my UU team doesn't seem like one that's very useful at all.

Should I post the sets here or no?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
What's a good team to base around Feraligatr? I tried to make one, and I did, but my UU team doesn't seem like one that's very useful at all.

Should I post the sets here or no?
Dragon Dance? Swords Dance?

Ambipom / Uxie / Alakazam
Venusaur
Arcanine / Blaziken / Moltres
Feraligatr
Registeel
Donphan / Scyther / Mismagius / Dunsparce

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I was going to add Registeel to my team, but I wasn't sure if he's still awesome.

Can't believe I forgot Moltres.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hello does anyone know where I could post a Pokemon Tournament? I was going to ask this thread right here
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282270
to be moved to somewhere here for a better chance of success. A friend told me it might help to put it in the PokeCenter. :)
If this is a tournament you're free to post it under the Battle Tower, which is our competitive subforum where we host all tournaments! :)

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I'm using Dragon Dance Feraligatr, Ambipom as a lead, Registeel for rocks, Cloyster for spikes and rapid spin, and then these two...

Milotic and Torterra. I know it's really bad, but I was debating whether I wanted Venusaur or Torterra. I decided I liked the Electric immunity more than Venusaur's resistance.

Arcanine/Moltres/Blaziken would be wall-breakers, right?

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
If this is a tournament you're free to post it under the Battle Tower, which is our competitive subforum where we host all tournaments! :)

Okay I'll ask Shadowfirex100 to move it. Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm using Dragon Dance Feraligatr, Ambipom as a lead, Registeel for rocks, Cloyster for spikes and rapid spin, and then these two...

Milotic and Torterra. I know it's really bad, but I was debating whether I wanted Venusaur or Torterra. I decided I liked the Electric immunity more than Venusaur's resistance.

Arcanine/Moltres/Blaziken would be wall-breakers, right?
Toxicroak might give your team some problems. STAB Fighting-type moves hurt Ambipom, Registeel, and Cloyster while Dry Skin lets him switch-in on Waterfall / Aqua Jet with ease. Maybe Spiritomb would work somewhere in there to help deal with Toxicroak. I don't think you'll really need Spikes to the point of adding Cloyster onto your team though. Especially since if you'll need Spikes from Cloyster you're better off designing a lead set instead.

The Fire-type of choice would act as a wall-breaker, particularily Blaziken.

Okay I'll ask Shadowfirex100 to move it. Thanks I'll keep that in mind.
No problem. :)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'd like to post in the SWF dex with my own pokemon, but would someone teach me the way you're supposed to give pokemon stat spreads? That seems to be my problem

Top Bottom