• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Riddle

Smash Lord
Fast Pokemon
~Sleep Talk
~Whirlwind/Roar

get yourself put to sleep when there are a lot of hazards up on their side and profit?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Since that's technically a question, I'll give my thoughts:

Aerodactyl @ Leftovers
Rest | Sleep Talk | Roar | Whirlwind

You have a 2/3 chance to select a phazing move. You lose to Scizor. You have to put yourself to sleep to phaze, which gives your opponent time to attack your paper-thin defenses.

Drapion @ Leftovers
Rest | Sleep Talk | Roar | Whirlwind

Drapion is a bulky mother****er, so this set might actually work. Earthquake weakness is really bad, though. And you're slow.

Persian @ Choice Scarf | Jolly
Assist

This set is much more gimmicky.
1. Fill your team with entry hazard users that can also learn phazing moves. Skarmory, Aerodactyl, Drapion.
2. Fill your team with Whirlwind and Roar users. One "wildcard" might be a good idea. Breloom with Spore, Focus Punch, Substitute, and maybe Protect. A Curselax could also work, but then you're gambling that Assist won't pick any of its moves.
3. Set up entry hazards.
4. Switch in Persian. Spam Assist.
5. Win after ragequit

Disclaimer: This team sucks

Riddle

Smash Lord
Ambipom is most likely the best:

Ambipom@Life Orb / Silk Scarf
Jolly / Technician
252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
~Fake-Out
~Taunt/Payback/Pursuit
~Low-Kick
~U-turn/Return

rockem7

Smash Ace
This set destroys Ambipom though and it's a lot of fun.

Claydol@Choice Scarf
+Atk Nature
252 Atk/252 Def/ 4 HP
-Trick
-Explosion
-Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Does Mold Breaker prevent Intimidate from working if a Pokemon with Intimidate switches in on a Pokemon with Mold Breaker?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
What is the best offensive UU lead, I have been using Houndoom, but he doesn't seem to get the job done sometimes.
Physically, Ambipom does a great job, with the set described by Riddle.

On the other side of the spectrum, is Choice Specs Alakazam, who is further able to trick his Specs onto a defensive Pokemon or wall.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Since I asked this in the Pokeswapping thread by accident (lol), in PO and Shoddy, there's an option to place pokemon in boxes, what purpose does that serve?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So you can just pull them out rather than entering items/moves/etc over and over again

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
We have the Metagame Discussion thread for this. Take the questions about potential Salamence replacements there, because it's more fitting there.
Ah ok then, considering that I got my Latias replacement from here, I just thought this was the appropriate place for it.

Eddosan

Smash Cadet
Is there a designated section here where I can post IRL pokemon tournaments? My local LAN center is having "PokeMondays" and looking to spread the word.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
And I don't have to watch th-

Wait nevermind, they never release those movies in the theaters here.

It's gonna be for wi-fi right? I want a Zorua

Wo1f

Smash Apprentice
If I catch a Pokemon and start EV training it then or would it be better to take the time to get an egg and start from level 1?

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
If I catch a Pokemon and start EV training it then or would it be better to take the time to get an egg and start from level 1?
well, it depends, some people keep breeding until they get a good nature/iv pokemon (which takes forever, trust me).

Wild pokemon are just as easily ev trained as eggs are though, no difference.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Get a better internet/router. That's one thing. Also, depends on your DS. Unless it's the DSi, the original and Lite don't connect to any router, iirc.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
We traded perfectly fine until the Phione. After that he said he got kicked out from the room. And we havent been able to connect since. So basically im stuck with his Phione and he has my ho'oh. But yeah i really dont care about either pokemon, but it seems like he wanted his back.

BTW we were trading for Dex filling.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Is 317 Speed good enough for a taunt lead? I mean I can go to ambipom, but I'd hate to do that.
It depends on the lead; if it has a way to deal with, say, Aerodactyl and Azelf, it won't have to worry about being outsped by the fastest Taunt users, and can Taunt the likes of Swampert and Metagross.

Wrath`

Smash Master
It depends on the lead; if it has a way to deal with, say, Aerodactyl and Azelf, it won't have to worry about being outsped by the fastest Taunt users, and can Taunt the likes of Swampert and Metagross.
Whoops, I forgot to mention UU tier.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I've got a question. So today I just got screwed over from a win because apparently this guy's pokemon ignored a choice item. I gave this Kingdra a Choice item with Trick from my rotom, and he started using Outrage like a *****. Then suddenly he hurt himself with confusion while I was using DD like hell. Then it snaps out of confusion to Waterfall me cauising the rest of the game to go to crap when my Ttar fainted

What's up with that?

Top Bottom