• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princeton, NJ Melee (summer?) Biweeklies! Next one AFTER APEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Here in the middle of New Jersey, I recently realized that it's too expensive to travel to No Johns biweeklies and too far to go to the ones in the VA/MD area. So now that it's summer, why not have my own biweeklies? :D

So from the same guy who brought you the Princeton Intercollegiate Smash Invitational, get ready for Princeton Melee Biweeklies!

The next tournament/smashfest TBA

Why come here, you ask?
  1. Nice venue (those of you who came to the Princeton Smashfest earlier this year know)
  2. NO VENUE FEE (for now). The place is a University room, and as far as I know, there are no costs to using it and I don't plan on making profits.
  3. If I continue this during the school year, I may be able to get University funding to get extra prizes and free food!
  4. Transportation is easy, you can take a train literally to 1 minute from the venue.
  5. There are a lot of cool people in the area :D

Venue

The building's address is roughly 100 Alexander St. Princeton, NJ 08540. Google map it and you'll see this:

The blue circle is the building. "A" is "100 Alexander St." (not real address). It has thin white columns in the front. The red rectangles are the parking locations. The one closest to the venue is technically not legitimate parking but since it's the summer and if you guys don't have too many cars, it shouldn't matter. The other, bigger, rectangle is our visitor's parking garage, which isn't that far anyway. So if you want to play it safe and park there, that works too.

If you're taking the train, Take NJ Transit directly to Princeton (through Princeton Junction).

Costs
Like I mentioned earlier, there is NO VENUE FEE. The only costs will be your own transportation and a possible $5 tournament entry fee if we're doing a tournament on a given date.

Players who have attended
Teczero
HeartBreakKid
Sensei
Eggm
Mr. F
James
Stric9
CopyCat
Sneak
Ello
Oorah
Nando
DeathKnight
J122
Pyro
TRK
Kevin
BookOfAlex
Milo
Melo
bontez
Magus
Parallax
Smelly Cat
Shoopman
Carlos
heavy garbage

Setups

I will need a lot of help on these. Fortunately, I can provide 4~ TVs, but I only have one Gamecube setup. Depending on the turnout each time, we might need more. And sorry, there's no incentive to bring setups since there's no venue fee to waive. :p

Technical stuff

I only have one laptop with recording capability and it would be nice if some people could bring some laptops with capture cards and/or splitter cables.

Food

There is a Wawa Market literally 30 seconds from the venue, and this summer they have 6 inch hoagies on sale for $2.99! Like I said before, if I continue this throughout the year, I could possibly provide food for FREE.

Dates (for the summer)
June 12th - $5 tournament - 10 people RESULTS BRACKET
June 26th - $5 singles, $5 doubles - 22 people RESULTS DOUBLES BRACKET SINGLES BRACKET
July 10th - TBA
July 24th - TBA
August 7th - APEX (no biweekly)
August 21st - TBA
September 4th - TBA
September 18th and onward - we'll see what happens once school starts for me

Schedule
12:30pm - Starting time for both tournaments and smashfests
1:30pm - Tournament starts (singles, doubles, other random stuff depending on interest)
10:00pm (ish) - Both tournaments and smashfests officially end

Rules
APEX rules: http://cloti-aikou.net/apex/melee.html

Payout
1st - 60% of pot
2nd - 30% of pot
3rd - 10% of pot
This is flexible depending on turnout.

Contact information
Phone: 304-553-4973 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************304-553-4973******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************304-553-4973******end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Email: balladechina212@gmail.com

Let me know if you have questions or need directions.

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
First response? Yay.

I would definitely go to this, its like 15 minutes away from my house.

I can bring a cube and power strip, but no TV.

_kSo_

Smash Master
NO WAY the one summer I choose to make a productive person out of myself >_>

yeah I'm upset, this is like 10 minutes away from my parent's house, but I am taking summer classes right now....

I know that WaWa, too... me and my buddy used to go there to get drinks after working out at the YMCA...ah good times

I hope this is going to continue on for a while. I will try to make it to one...

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Haha Jack, as much as I'd love traveling like, 4 hours both ways to make these bi-weeklies, I think I'll have to pass

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I would love to go to these, but the 12th is no good because of the smashfest. I'll definitely be making future ones, though.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Cool. Hold these during the school year. Then attendance for me seems legit.

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
I can probably convince one or two of my friends to go, they both have cubes they can bring.

balladechina212

Smash Ace
If I make it next week, then it'll conflict with No Johns if I continue to do bi-weeklies. Or should I just do the next two weeks...

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Well, the things me/Palpi/BOA are hosting in PA are going to be biweeklies I believe. After the first they will be tournaments.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
You should just host when there's nothing going on yet that week, not just be specifically every 2 weeks. If you have this this weekend you're not going to get as much attendance as you would.

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Ok cool I'll definitely have it this week. We'll see about next week. Call me if you need directions! See you guys in a few days.

The Void

Smash Rookie
i get off of work at 2, but i can probs get there and play for a little, and bring a cube. I'm one of shoopman's friends.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
i'll most certainly be here with a full setup (TV+Wii+Melee+Completed Memory card)

EDIT: And a friend :)

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
^ DJ and I want teams but idk if they'll have a good attendance for it so we might just go to that tourny in Trenton

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
^ Yeah that lol, But i don't think im goin to that anymore i'll just go to this but come on people show up to this!! lol at least reach 10 or higher

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
Spamerer yea djnintendo.........

So attendance?

1. Shoopman+1
2.Mr.F
3.Deathknight?
4.Smelly Cat
5.The Void
6.Heavy Garbage+1
7.Teh Spamerer?
8.Nando
9.DJ
10.BalladeChina

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
captain, don't forget the friend i'm bringing

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
So far...

1. Shoopman+1
2.Mr.F
3.Deathknight?
4.Smelly Cat
5.The Void
6.Heavy Garbage+1
7.Teh Spamerer?
8.Nando
9.DJNintendo?
10.BalladeChina
11.Sneak
12.Copycat
13.Teczero
14.Eggm?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I really wanna go but I'm poor currently :( I'm gonna try to see if I can still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom