• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princeton, NJ Melee (summer?) Biweeklies! Next one AFTER APEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TenNoTensai

Smash Rookie
I think I can make it to this. If I do I'll bring a gamecube and a copy of smash with me.

I might be able to provide transportation for people in south jersey.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
This is a possiblilty, although I'll probably oversleep for it. Been wanting to play melee for awhile. No Venue fee is ****...and Eggm go to this so I can become unrusty

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Dude HBK, don't worry about oversleeping, unless you plan to sleep past dinner or something lol

Edit: The venue is the one on the first post. Look for the building for the thin white columns. The door's locked from the outside so call me and I'll let you in.

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
awesome tourney! could have used more attendants, but it was good nonetheless!

i had a great 1st melee tournament, even though i came in last, i feel accomplished! ... lol

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Melee Singles Results:

1. Nando ($35.00)
2. CopyCat ($10.00)
3. Sneak ($5.00)
4. DeathKnight
5. Para
5. J122
7. Smelly Cat
7. Shoopman
9. Carlos
9. heavy garbage

I had a good time, guys. :D

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
I hate when getting a bye leads to a better placement. It's so dishonorable. Anyway, shoutouts:

1. Nando: Had a good time getting my *** continually whooped by you. I get owned by so many Falcons that its my best matchup now >_>
2. CopyCat: Good **** teaming with your Kirby and getting ****ed by your Sheik. Good grand finals match.
3. Sneak: I need to learn how to DI against Fox. I felt so accomplished when I took that stock off of you.
4. DeathKnight: Nice to play you again. You can count on me CPing Brinstar from now on.
5. Para: Good matches right at the end.
5. J122: Thanks for hosting man, I'll definitely be at more of these. Just wait until more people start coming. Good Marth dittos. Guess you can be red Marth until I can beat you. What the hell am I supposed to call you? J? Balla? Please alleviate my confusion.
7. Smelly Cat: Nice plethora of characters you got there, especially Peach. Good friendlies.
9. Carlos: Get a smash name son, had fun in teams with you.
9. heavy garbage: Awesome pools matches, they were so intense. Definitely show up to more of these. Keep rockin that Sheik.

I had a good-*** time guys. Lets keep these alive.

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
1. Nando ($35.00): Hax jr.
2. CopyCat ($10.00): Good stuff in GF and thnx for the ride as always
3. Sneak ($5.00): Stop playing that PM it's messing you up haha
4. DeathKnight: Play Jiggs >_< lol and try next time
5. Para: Good matches bro nice Fox
5. J122: Thanks for hosting the venue is nice and spacy lol definitely coming to the future ones and good stuff in pools and in bracket
7. Smelly Cat: Dude give me your AIM, and keep it up you have potential i saw you beastin in those teams haha sexy Fox
7. Shoopman: You already know bro we talked on AIM haha good stuff today in friendlies and watch those vids!!
9. Carlos: Sucks you had to leave early but good matches and start going to more tournies you have mad potential
9. heavy garbage: haha i remember my first tourny i didnt do so well either but hey that's how it starts, keep going to more tournies and you'll see the improvement

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
i'll try for the 26th

EDIT:

by the way, (i'm gonna get a lot of hate) i'm hosting a brawl tourney in august, which i regret lolz, but if the princeton melee community can get together 30+ people, i could start hosting melee tourneys in the same venue (after the brawl tourney, that is)

so i'm gonna need your help, guys, in bringing together the tri-state melee community for some tourneys to come!

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
i'm sorry :( i wish i didnt already commit to a brawl tourney, but i'll do melee next if i can pull together 30+ people, which i'll need help with from the people of princeton

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Just so you guys know, the Yardley tournaments me/Palpi/BOA are hosting are ridiculously close to Princeton. It's maybe a 15 minute drive, so all of us who are doing tournaments over the summer will need to communicate with each other so we're not all hosting tournaments on the same day.

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
the 26th would be better for me and para. grad party in somerset on the 19th so we probably wouldn't make it then.

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
K so this is lookin better for the 26th then, i hope singles is 10$ this time though, cause venue is free, if it wasnt you guys would have had to pay 10$ in total anyway so i don't see why not do 10$ singles

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
i cant make the 26th now :( going on vacation

i'll try for the next one, though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom