• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The reason Temple is banned is actually one of the more obvious reasons out of all the banned stages. The thing is that in order to make sure they don't last forever, stock matches have time limts. Now ordinarily these time limits never interfere with the matches, but they still need to be implemented. Now the thing with temple is that it creates an unfair advantage to those who have a faster character. Using the Temple's looping platforms, a player can do a bit of damage against their opponent and then run away the whole match, and never be caught. Such a tactic is unfair, but you simply can't ban a tactic due to the gray areas it can fall into. Thus the solution is to ban the stage.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
what he means is that the tactic itself is quite fair... thats just how someone itself decides to play... the level hyrule temple is what makes it unbeatable for characters who are slower such as bowser who could never hope to catch a fox or someone like him in that stage, hence they banned the stage to make it fair for everyone

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well it's a gray area when defining what's unfair in running away. If you've got a short amount of time left and you don't want to risk anything, it'd make sense to run for a bit. But how long would really be legal? Would it be situational instead of concrete?

The thing is that you don't have to run into any problems if you just don't have the stage in the first place.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Gray areas? Like what?
Running away for 2 minutes is banned, but what if they only run away for 1 minute and 50 seconds? What if they run away in small bursts. 30 seconds here, 20 seconds there? What if they combine running away with infinite stalling so that they are technically within the time limitations for each? When does a stalling tactic become unfair?

Since it's so hard to define these situations, tournaments simply allow any camping other than infinate stalls (Peach's side B stall, Fox and Falco's up B stalls, Gannon's ledgehop stall, ect.) and ban stages that would make this tactic unbeatable.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
Mudkip should be in.
Mudkip should have his own stage. He should be God Tier, and his final smash must make all the opponents "liek" him, and therefore they can't to damage to him.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Since it's so hard to define these situations, tournaments simply allow any camping other than infinate stalls (Peach's side B stall, Fox and Falco's up B stalls, Gannon's ledgehop stall, ect.) and ban stages that would make this tactic unbeatable.
But Final Smashes would beat that tactic in Brawl right, since you can shoot across the stage and attack. This is assuming however that Final Smashes are allowed in Trny-play.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
But Final Smashes would beat that tactic in Brawl right, since you can shoot across the stage and attack. This is assuming however that Final Smashes are allowed in Trny-play.
chances are they will be banned. Which I think is stupid. I don't think anything should be banned. Just cause some people can't deal with items doesnt mean they shouldnt be allowed.

(this rant is mostly cause i own with items)

but yeah fs's will prob be banned.

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
chances are they will be banned. Which I think is stupid. I don't think anything should be banned. Just cause some people can't deal with items doesnt mean they shouldnt be allowed.
I agree with you in a way but let the tourney-obsessed-fools do what they like. At the end of the day, it's only their fault that they're missing out nearly all of the fun of Smash.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Fun is subjective, which we've dicussed until the topic is 5 feet 11 inches into the ground. It' just a different type of fun.
Like playing with a new puppy, compared to laughing at old people when they fall. It's just different.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
see..tourny is made ofr the best ,unique, players around. items take a part of the game so who is the best at useing them effectivly? who can use final smashes the best? who can use a certain stage to there advantage the best? who can fight the best?
these are points of which all should heed.

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
Fun is very subjective, I think we can agree on that.

And as for tomorrow, Newcomer, or no? What do you think?

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
december the 3rd? sakurai knows he dispointed many by taking brawl away from us...he should at least either have these updates:

Ridley (Newcomer)
Brawl Demo NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!
or the greatest update ever...

WE HAVE COMPLETED BRAWL AND INFACT WE SHALL PUT IT IN SHOPS RIGHT NOW!!!!ALL YOUR FAVOURITES ARE CONFIRMED EG RIDLEY, OLIMAR AND MANY OTHERS!!!!!!!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Monday:

Character: Megaman

Megaman Joins the Brawl

Notices: "the Developer" Revealed (to be Capcom).

I've done my research, and Sakurai mentioned on the old Dojo site the company that is working on Brawl just fininshed a big game, that is popular. MMBN 6 (last of the amazing series), DMC3 (A game from the gods), RE4 (YOU MUST PLAY THIS GAME!!!!!), etc. They made more big games than any other company in 2004-2005 when the Brawl team was assembled, and the Developer started development. Plus, they are fighting game experts. Street Fighter, the best selling fighting game series ever, and Street Fighter II, the only fighting game to sell more then Smash-they made them. Argueably the most balanced fighting series of all-time, they'd be perfect to help make Brawl, along with KOJIMA Proudctions, etc.

Megaman is my prediction. O, and Marth was first revealed on December 4th, 2001, so we might get big news then instead, or on both December 3rd and December 4th. ;)

As for items, fun is subjective. The super spicy curry is too overpowered, and most items should be banned. However, TEH BUMPER AND SMASH BALL PWNS! ESPECIALLY TEH BUMPER! Still, most items should be banned, like recovery items, the hammers, etc. Or at least a good margin of items, as they are overpowered, cheap, and pretty lame. Items like the gooey bomb and bumper, however, would work easily in competitive play! XD

And besides....

ITEMS WERE TOURNEY-LEGAL UNTIL 2004, AND IT WASN'T A INSTANT THING, PEOPLE!

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
monday update: so good that everyone dies. the end
Am I the only one who believes that this person could possibly be a six year old who has wandered onto this site?

Tatanga, why are you spouting gibberish? First th Mudkip thing, now this. I would at least try to make them slightly funny, but all it does is come off that you're trolling or simply insane.

Now I'm not trying to be all moderator-y, just trying to give some advice, so please, If you have something to say, please check if it fits the context of the conversation. Thanks.

EDIT: I retract my comment, as one Sandwich was the author of the ludicrous Mudkip comment and I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. Thank you.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
thats some good thoughts about it being megaman, but my money is still on Sora.. i mean when does square-enix not have a good year? I hope its Sora anyway, but megaman is my second 3rd party choice so either of them would make me happy

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Hey guys. I've been busy rewriting and revising my entire list, but I'm not quite done yet. You can look forward to my final DEFINITIVE prediction list sometime tommorow.

For tonight, I'd be surprised if it wasn't something epic. A new character (Olimar, Ridley, Megaman, Geno, ect.) or possibily a notification that Smash Bros 64 is available on Virtual Console. Regardless, I expect big things.

Tatanga4Brawl

Smash Apprentice
FRIENDLISTWHATTHE... I will kill you, Sakurai.

The Mudkip thing was stupid. Almost as stupid as my old idea for pokemon trainer, where he,for every single special or normal move, throws out a pokeball, randomly summoning a pokemon from the roster who does that move. e.g. down-B could be Pikachu using thunderbolt, pichu using thunder bolt, jiggleypuff using rest, or mewtwo using disable.LOLZ

oh yes, and jimmy... googoogaga...

Top Bottom