• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions: The New and Final Version!

Greetings fellow Smashers! Would you believe that my character predictions thread is now a full 8 months old? In that time, this thread has been home to some of the morelively debating on Smashboards thanks to the intelligent and opinionated people who post here. Since its launch, my thread has undergone dozens of revisions because of both my indecisiveness and some huge oversights on my part. It’s been a fun ride.

Now, with the Japanese launch of Brawl quickly approaching, it’s only a matter of time before the final roster of Super Smash is unveiled and this thread (along with the majority of threads in the character section) vanishes into cyberspace. With that and mind, I’ve decided to give my thread a proper send off by creacting one final list of predictions. There will be no more edits, no more adjustments. These are my best guesses on what the final roster will be like, and I’m going to stick by them (even though a couple of them will inevitably turn out to be false.)

So sit back and enjoy the final edition of my predictions. And, as always, feel free to use this thread as your informal discussion thread for all things related to Brawl characters. Feel free to post your own character ideas, move sets, and roster prediction lists.

A special thanks to everyone who took the time to comment on this thread. I look forward
to battling you guys online come February 10.

Vive la Brawl!

-WG

Part 1:

36 Selectable Characters, 40 Playable Movesets (The No-Fun Edition)

Introduction: In keeping with my reputation for being infuriatingly wishy-washy, I’ve come up with three entirely probable scenarios for the final roster. The fist list is what a very conservative 36 character roster would look like, and as you might expect it contains the all the essential characters that MUST make the cut. I will then paint two more optimistic pictures, with two theories of what a 40 character roster will look like.

As always, these are just my opinions though I’ve tired to be as realistic as possible (these are by no means wish lists).

Mario Series:

1) Mario

PLUMBER POWER!

Comments: From the “Donkey Kong Arcade” game to “Super Mario Galaxy”, Mario has established himself as the undisputed kingpin of videogame characters. His popularity is unrivaled and the sheer volume of great games he has stared in is unmatched. What would our world be without this plumber?

As I’ve said before, I was a Mario main back in the N64 days and all appearances are pointing to this being the case in Brawl as well. The fine folks who played the E-4-All Brawl demo have reported that while his new F.L.U.D.D. attack is apparently useless, the character himself has undergone a drastic improvement from his former role as a good-but-balanced fighter to a character with the potential to be the best in the game. I can hardly wait to try this new-and-improved Mario out for myself.

2) Luigi

Luigi’s inherent awesomeness almost makes up for how lame Luigi’s Mansion turned out.
Almost

(Photoshop by RidleyFTB!!!)

Comments: To any people who might be worried about Luigi having not been revealed yet: don’t be. Luigi has growth drastically in importance in recent years, having starred in his own game (the inspired but ultimately disappointing “Luigi’s Mansion”) and the ultra awesome Mario RPGs (specifically: “Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga”, “Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time” and “Super Paper Mario”). Most importantly, he and Mario are the characters who put “Bros” in Super Smash bros. If he were cut from the roster, it would likely cause the universe to implode.

For Luigi’s moveset in Brawl, there a couple of possibilities. Luigi’s abilities could remain almost entirely unchanged from his Melee, or they could completely change his moveset to be more in keeping with his recent game appearances. I would expect him to at least get his vaccume as a new down-b to coincide with Mario’s FLUDD.

3) Peach

“Hi Mario. I’ve backed a cake for you. MADE OF POISON!!!” -Mic_128

Comments: Much like Luigi, Peach has become more relevant, having starred in “Super Princess Peach” and “Super Paper Mario”. And, being one of the more unique additions to, her return was inevitable.

From demo impressions, it sounds like Peach’s abilities are fairly similar, though her down smash has been given a good nerf. THANK GOODNESS!

4) Bowser

“WHERE’S YOUR WAVEDASH NOW?!?!”

Comments: After years of being dealt the role of comic-relief-villian in Mario games, Bowser is bringing the awesome in a big way. His new appearance is possibly the most brilliant of all the returning veterans, his Final Smash is unquestionably the best of in the game and his moveset has happily been tweaked to make him more competitive.

After years at the low end of the tier list, the Koopa King is ready to take his revenge!

Zelda Series​

1) Link

Link pictured confronting the most terrifying boss in the Subspace Emissary.

Comments: Twilight Princess is the greatest Zelda game ever made. Never let anyone tell you different. That being the case, it’s fantastic to see that Sakurai has opted to go with the latest and greatest incarnation of everyone’s favorite green hatted elf.

And who predicted the introduction of the Gale boomerang and Claw Shot into Link’s moveset? Oh right, that would be me!

2 & 3) Zelda/Sheik

For clarification, Sheik is not a man or a woman. The official term is
“he/she/it/potatoe.”

Comments: Ever since the Twilight Princess Zelda was unveiled, Smash fans have eagerly awaited the unveiling of her special moves update. Not because anyone actually cares about Zelda herself, but because the everyone is wondering what fate awaits her alter ego: Sheik.

Sheik is, without question, the worst thing to ever happen to the Smash Bros series. Originally intended as a second moveset for Zelda player (thus giving Smashers two characters for the price of one) the plan backfired. Sheik was inexplicably designed to stupidly overpowered therefore requiring minimal skill to use effectively. Zelda was rendered utterly irrelevant, her only influence being that she denied Sheik the use of a down-B special attack. While by no means the most broken character in Melee, Sheik is pretty darn close, and the character’s minimal role in Zelda franchise (a mere disguise for Zelda in OoT) makes him/her/it/potato an infuriatingly pointless inclusion.

Frankly, Sheik sucks.

Having the Zelda from Twilight Princess transform into OoT’s Sheik would most certainly be a cardinal sin, as it would directly contradict the most elementary Zelda cannon (ie: TP Zelda and Sheik are NOT THE SAME PERSON). Sadly, however, all appears are pointing to Sheikmaking a return as Zelda’s transformation. In a recent interview, Eiji Aonuma (the current producers of the Zeklda games) confirmed that he collaborated with Sakurai in the creation of Sheik’s character model and at E 4 All, a Supspace Emisary trailer clearly showed the beginning phases of Zelda transforming (although into what is unknown).

At this point I can only hope that Zelda has a new transformartion: like an Octorock. But since that’s a tad far fetched, I’ll settle for Sheik being being nerfed to oblivion (though won’t be happy about it).

4) Ganondorf

He would have gotten that Triforce too, if not for those meddling kids…

Comments: What you may or not know about this version of my thread is that I’ve removed
all the clones from Melee (unless you count Luigi) except one. Frankly, there is no way Ganondorf could possibly be removed. He’s been in almost every Zelda game to date in some incarnation, with each boss encounter more epic than the next. Twilight Princess Ganondorf gets my vote for most badass Ganon to date, which is swell because his chances of being chosen for Brawl are darn close to 100%.

Naturally, Ganondorf will get a brand new moveset to coincide with this makeover, but I’ve come to suspect that this incarnation will not include his sword from Twilight Princess. Yes, he could easily be made both awesome and unique if given such treatment, but I feel that a bare-knuckle brawler with the odd magic attack would add more to the roster than another swordsman.

Either way, however, Ganondorf is guaranteed to be awesome. I expect great things.

5) Windwaker Link

When one Link just doesn’t cut it…

Comments: Message to all the Windwaker haters: shut up. The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker is most certainly the most visually stunning game in the series and one of the finest adventure games ever made. This alone would guarantee the game’s protagonist a spot on the Brawl roster, but the fact that the game’s sublime DS sequel Phantom Hourglass is the fastest selling Zelda game ever makes him an indispensable inclusion.

“Why do we need a second Linkwhen we have TP Link?” Because, while both can claim the title of “Link,” they are separate individuals entirely. In addition, they contrast each other nicely in terms of personality, outward appearance and abilities. By giving Windwaker Link access to items like the Deku Leaf, grapple hook and the Skull Hammer, he would make an incredibly unique addition. Plus, if Sakurai had qualms with multiple version of the same character, the presence of Young Link in Melee would

Here's a cool moveset made by Mido
02:http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3128723&postcount=5364

Pokemon Series:​

1) Pikachu

*Insert witty comment here*

Comments: Shocker! (Pun intended).

2) Jigglypuff

Jigglypuff isn’t COMPLETELY lame. Just mostly.

Comments: As much as I’ve wracked my brain for a reason to remove Jigglypuff, there really isn’t one. Too bad.

3) Mewtwo

Hopefully, playing against Mewtwo in the future won’t be as unchallenging as clubbing a
baby seal.

Comments: Although Mewtwo’s suckage reached unprecedented levels in Melee, his chances for a return debut are pretty high. There is a remote possibility that he may be replaced by Lucario, but that seems pretty unlikely.

4, 5 & 6) Pokemon Trainer (ie: Squirtle, Ivysaur & Charzard)

Seven playable Pokemon? With this Poke-vasion never cease?

Comments: While I am not a Pokemon fan, I am a fan of unique Smash Bros characters. For that reason, it’s pretty hard for me to hate the Pokemon Trainer like I do every Pokemon character that has come before. Three playable movesets? A stamina meter that prevents players from relying on one character? This stuff is brilliant.

However, what does grind my gears about Pokemon Trainer is how over it over represents the Pokemon series in Brawl. Although they aren’t selectable on the roster screen, Charzard, Ivysaur and Squirtle each took the same development time as any other playable character – putting the total number of playable at SIX (assuming Jiggs and Mewtwo remain). In terms of selectable characters, however, this technically leaves the series with four.

Kirby Series:

1) Kirby

“…and that’s a good thing!”

Comments: Nothing much to say here, except that Kirby is all but guaranteed to be
unnerfed, which is great.

2) MetaKnight

Metaknight is so cool, I only wish the Dojo would reveal his moveset a THIRD time! [/sarcasm]

Comments: Although the Brawl demoers have reported that Metaknight isn’t as broken as
you might expect, I’m still predicting that everyone and his brother is going to be
using this character. So expect to be seeing a lot of this character.

3) King Dedede

King Dedede’s philosophy: speak softly and carry a giant freaking hammer with a jet
egine.

Comments: King Dedede was always destined to be an awesome addition to the roster, since
penguins with hammers are inherently awesome. But Sakurai has clearly gone above and beyond with creation, giving him a rocket-powered hammer attack and the ability to throw Waddle Dees. I can hardly fathom how I EVER believed that Dx# would be a Kirby clone!

I know nil about the Kirby series, but this trio of characters is definitely adds a lot of uniqueness to our beloved Smash Bros.

Metroid Series:

1 & 2) Samus/Zamus

Why Japan? What do you hate the Metroid Prime series so?

Comments: As a huge fan of the Metroid Prime trilogy, it still stings when I think how awesome Samu’s Prime suit could have been in Brawl. That’s not to say that the revamped Super Metroid suit they went with looks bad, but it is still a bit disappointing.

What isn’t disappointer, however, is the way Zero Suit Samus was implemented. While I initially distressed to learn that Samus’ alternate form could only be used after getting a Final Smash, I’m actually pretty happy with the decision now. Not only is this implementation fairly accurate to the Metroid cannon (Samus is not known to shed her suit frequently) but is also removes the possibility of players using one moveset and ignoring the other. Samus and Zamus are ONE character, so if you plan on maining the galaxy’s greatest bounty hunter, be prepared to master ALL her abilities.

3)Ridley

Ridley: The Anti-Pokemon (Copyright 2007, Wiseguy)

Comments: Sure, some of his fans can be a bit… enthusiastic. But that doesn’t take away from the fact that Ridley is one of the most awesome videogame characters in history and an absolute shoe-in for Brawl.

The most prominent villain in the Metroid series and Samus’ main rival, this space dragon is most definitely a gaming icon. Plus, Ridley has an incredible potential for a killer moveset with claws, teeth and plasma breath. But most importantly, his sheer badassedry would do wonders to balance a roster quickly filling with disgustingly cute animals.

Support the one and only Anti-Pokemon. Ridley for Brawl!

Starfox series:

1) Fox

“Say hello to my little friend…”

Comments: As much of a fan as I am of Starfox, I must admit that I’ve grown to reset the
character a bit. In Melee, Fox was easily one of the most overused and overpowered characters. Having had things too good for too long, it was inevitable that the character would get an appointment with Sakurai’s nerf bat.

Fortunately, reports are that Fox has been balanced so as to be a good, effective character without being balanced. So now everyone can be happy.

2) Krystal

For the record, Starfox Adventures may not have been the game that Starfox veterans were
hoping for, but it was still one of the best Zelda-style adventures on the Gamecube.

Comments: Eat it haters. Starfox Adventures is a great game, even if it borrows more from Zelda games than the Starfox series.

While some would argue that Fox has more prominent sidekicks than Krystal, the fact of the matter is that her uniqueness trumps all other space animals. A female staff wielder is something entirely new to Smash, while someone like Wolf and Falco wouldn’t aren’t inherently unique (though I wouldn’t rule out either of them appearing with a new moveset or a clone).

Donkey Kong Series:

1) Donkey Kong

Comments: Poor DK. In the days of the Arcade and SNES, he was among the greatest icons in videogames. Nowadays, his games are limited to underappreciated masterpieces (“Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat” for Gamecube) or blatant shovel ware (“Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast” for Wii). However, though Nintendo may have forsaken their first mascot, Sakurai has not.

I’ve always loved playing as DK, even though he’s *been an overly useful character in one-on-one matches. From the demo reports, DK will remain relatively unchanged aside from the odd tweak here and there. Hopefully, Sakurai will give the character a Bowser-esque enhancement to make the big lug more competitive.

2) Diddy Kong

Diddy: I can't control it!
Lucas: I'm not leaving you. There's another way to end this, and you know it.
Diddy: I can't let you die!
Lucas: And I can't let everyone else...
Lucas: You saved the cheerleader, so we could save the world.

Comments: What the heck took so long? Diddy Kong is a Nitendo icon, co-star of the Donkey Kong Country games, and holder of his own frnachise: “Diddy Kong Racing”. The fact that he was MIA in Melee is simply in excusable.

Now, however, all is right with the world, as Diddy has taken his spot alongside his fellow Nintendo elites. Just watching the little dude scamper across brings a smile to my face, and having a peanut pistol and jetpack is exactly as I envisioned him. I can’t wait to try this character out.

Fire Emblem Series:

1) Ike

”You call that a knife? That's not a knife… now THAT’S a knife!”

Comments: As “Fire Emblem Path and Radiance” and “Radiant Dawn” are two of my favorite RPGs in existence, you can bet that I’m thrilled to see the main lord in said games making a playable debut in Brawl.

One of the debates relating to Ike since he was revealed is Smash veteran Marth. Is Ike replacing everyone’s favorite tiara wearing sword fighter? If yes, then why is Ike’s moveset so different from his predecessor? If no, then why was Ike revealed first? My opinion is that Ike will replace him in terms of being a Fire Emblem representative, while a second character (which is further down on this list) with be more of a replacement for his moveset.

But enough about Marth. Ike is probably my favorite of the swordfighters revealed thus far because, while very slow, his incredible attack power leaves everyone else in the dust. For one-on-one battles he will undoubtedly be useless but he might be pretty deadly in four player free for alls and team matches.

F-Zero Series:​

1) Captain Falcon

Captain Falcon should be revealed any day now. Right? RIGHT?!?!

Comments: Captain Falcon is a prime example of an obscure videogame character from an obscure series who gained notoriety after appearing in the Smash Bros series. Before appearing Smash 64, few had ever heard of F-Zero, let alone its star racer/bounty hunter. But at this point, the good captain has been so engrained into Smash fandom that one can scarcely imagine a new Smash without “Falcon Punch!” and “Show Me Your Moves!”

While Nintendo seems to have abandoned the awesome F-Zero franchise after disappointing sales for “F-Zero GX” (if you didn’t buy it, then you suck!) the return of Falcon is all but guaranteed with Saumerai Goroh appearing as an Assist Trophy. While it’s difficult to imagine his trademark moveset being too different, I expect his knee will be nerfed while the rest of his moves will be enhanced.

Earthbound/Mother *Series:

1) Lucas

Ness may be gone, but his moveset lives on.

Comments: I’m not one to brag… without cause. In this case, I believe I am justified in giving myself a pat on the back for correctly predicting not only that Lucas would
appear, but also that he would be a Ness replacement.

However, in this case I would have been happy to be wrong as it is pretty disappointing
to see Ness (most likely) removed. *As one of the original 12 from Smash Bros N64, I
would argue that he should have remained if for only continuity’s sake. But Sakurai
must have thought differently, as it is pretty obvious that Lucas has inherited Ness’
moveset and replaced him as the primary Earthbound representative.

On the plus side, however, Lucas seems like a pretty cool character in his own right.
From the screenshots on the Dojo, it appears that what he lacks in the hat and backpack
department he makes up in terms of a snake grapple recovery and a B attack that doesn’t
suck. Let’s hope that this new PK master does his fallen predecessor proud.

Yoshi Series:

1) Yoshi

Contrary to popular belief it was not a meteorite but a lack of stealth that lead the
dinosaur’s extinction.

Comments: Does anyone actually play as Yoshi? Seriously, I have no clue. Regardless,
he’s back, largely unchanged, save for a new Mario-Party-esque appearance.

Yoshi'stheBombers7 has informed me that not only is he a bona-fied example of a living, breathing Yoshi player but that Yoshi has undergone some postitiver changes as well.

"You can use his Up B Egg Toss to gain distance like Mario's cape and his Side B now grabs the ledge. His attacks have more range and buff. He lost his DJC, but it is currently speculated that this will help him with new combos, as some of his moves now send him towards the peak of his jump, creating another oppertunity to attack."

Thanks fore the input, YtB7

Wario Ware Series:

1) Wario

Who was that masked man?

Comments: Some characters just ooze awesome. Wario is such a character. From evil Mario doppelganger of “Mario Land 2”, to mischievous anti hero of the “Wario World” platformers, to greedy game developer of the “Wario Ware” series Wario has seen it all.

In Brawl, Wario runs around in jerky movements ala Game & Watch and his crazy moveset consists of bites, farts and a motorcycle. Best of all, he has an ICREDIBLE final Smash where he transforms into Wario Man – something fans of the Wario Ware series in particular should get a big kick out of. It’s hard to get much more awesome than that!

Pikmin series:​

1) Captain Olimar

Every time you say Olimar won't be in Brawl, a puppy dies.

Comments: This is one character who is entirely non-negotiable, who absolutely MUST be included. Olimar is the protagonist of the most ingenius and addictive series ever created: the Pikmin games. These games involve a tiny astronaut who enslaves an entire race of plant creatures perform tasks like reassembling his spacecraft, plundering rare treasures and battling enormous, hideous creatures. It’s a scientific fact that people who don’t love the Pikmin games have no soul whatsoever.

Olimar’s potential more a unique moveset is so mindblowing, that he absolutely DEMANDS to be included in Brawl. The ability to grow, command and toss around an army of miniature AI minions would add layers of complexity and strategy unheard of in a 2-D fighter. If he is not playable, then I will be crushed.

Also, I demand that you read Vali's brilliant Olimar moveset here:
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2409228&postcount=354

12) Isaac

How about Cloud as an alternate costume for Issac? NOT!

On Sakurai's Poll: Yes

Comments: You'll have to forgive my poor knowledge of the Golden Sun series (as I've never played any of it's games) but even I have to admit that Isaac stands pretty good shot at appearing in Brawl. He was the protagonist in the first Golden Sun game, which was both very popular and critically acclaimed, and he appeared on Sakurai's poll. The character is currently owned by Nintendo, so Sakurai would likely have no problem obtaining the rights to the character.

ODIN has made a great Isaac moveset here:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2667571&highlight=isaac+moveset#post2667571

**NEW** Here's raphtmarqui's take on Issac's moveset: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3727212&postcount=7263

Retro characters:​

1) Pit

Message to Nintendo: Give me Kid Icarus Wii or give me death.

Comments: I played Kid Icarus on the Virtual console recently. It’s not that fun. However, I do see a lot of potential in the premise, so hopefully Pit’s Brawl appearance with prompt Nintendo to give the franchise to Retro Studios to revive the franchise on Wii.

As for Pit in Brawl, reports from the demo seems pretty positive. I imagine he may turn out to be a favorite for those with an affinity for projectile spamming. Throw in some incredible recovery and speedy swordplay, and you’ve got a recipe for a fan favorite.

2) Ice Climbers

You won’t see this is Halo 3…

Comments: Urgh. Okay, so I was off base in originally predicting that the Ice Climbers would not return. But while is was sickening to see many of my preconceived notions go up in flames, it was nice to see such a unique and cool veteran make a return in Brawl.

I would expect to see some minor improvements to the dynamic duo (like giving Nana more intelligence than a slice of meat loaf) but otherwise they seem entirely unchanged.

3) Mr. Game & Watch

Do not ask for whom the bell tolls, the bell tolls for thee.

Comments: Since it has been established through the icon theory (check it out here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=105742&highlight=icon) that there is one more character icon from Melee that will return and G&W’s is the only one yet to return, it is all but guaranteed that the character is in Brawl.

It’s impossible not to love Mr. Game & Watch’s quirkiness, so his return is undoubtedly a good thing. Hopefully, however, Sakurai will choose to make him less of a joke character this time around.

4) Takamaru

"AKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!"

Comments: Takamaru is a character that you’ve never heard of, from a Japanese-only Famicom game that you’ll never play called Nazo no Murasame-jô. But you might as well learn who he is now, because his appearing in Brawl is all but guaranteed. On Sakurai’s Japanese poll, the character was among the most requested characters despite not having appeared in a game for around 20 years. Plus, the presence of Mother 3 hero Lucas proves that Japanese only characters are fair game.

In case you haven’t guessed, my theory is that Takamaru will serve as a Marth replacement where Ike cannot: a swift, nimble swordfighter with flowy combo-able attacks.

Still not convinced? Perhaps this argument will: Samurais are awesome.

Checkmate.

3rd Party Characters​

1) Snake

When the world takes away your guns, make rocket launcher-aide!

Comments: Like the moon landing, the confirmation of Solid Snake in Super Smash Bros Brawl is one of those monumental events that changes the course of history. For one brief, magical moment all was right with the world as videogame nerds danced in the streets and nothing seemed impossible.ow, people have grown used to the used of the idea of legendary slayer-of-bipedal-tanks duking it out with the Nintendo allstars, but that doesn’t make it any less awesome.
His exploits in the Metal Gear Solid series are so filled with superhuman feats of badassery that he puts the likes of Chuck Norris to shame. Fortunately, Sakurai has designed a moveset that fits his personality to a T, with a brilliant combination of explosives and physical attacks. If I don’t wind up maining Snake, you can bet that I’ll be playing him for fun.

2) Sonic

ZOMG! soNik ish In teh brAwelz!!!!!!!!!!111one (Sorry, I couldn’t resist.)

Comments: Yeah, yeah. I was mistaken when I removed Sonic from my list (just prior to his confirmation, I might add). In retrospect, there really wasn’t any way for Sonic NOT to be included. The character is the most requested Smash Bros character of all time, his rivalry with Mario is the stuff of legend and SEGA was likely very receptive to the idea after they were permitted to include Nintendo characters in “Mario & Sonic at the Olympics”.

There is little question that Sonic lends himself very well to Smash Bros, and his ultra
speediness would seem to make him a pretty unique fighter. Of course, judging by how
poorly people at E 4 All were using him, it will take a bit of practice before he can
be mastered.

3) Megaman

Megaman envies Samus for her uncanny ability to shoot up.

Comments: Sadly, the appeal of this particular character is lost on me, as I've yet to play a Megaman game. However, the people have definitely spoken: Megaman is the heir-apparent for the next 3rd party slot. I'll be darned if I let another Sonic incident happen, so he stays.

See Odin's moveset here:
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2891330&postcount=3556

*4) Geno

Geno and Brawl go together like senient scarecrow dolls and awesome fighting games. (IE: Better then you might think).

Comments: Geno is the kind of character that sparks fierce debate on Smashboards lately, so let me be very clear in my reasoning for including him. Geno is a sentient scarecrow doll, and a sidekick of Mario’s in the SNES role playing game “Super Mario RPG.” Few videogame characters are as obscure as Geno, and he is (in my experience) relatively unknown unless you are a fan of his game (or someone who visits Smashboards) . However, his utterly unique backstory and personality have made him a fan favorite, and his high ranking on Sakurai’s poll should not be discounted.

Some would argue that since he is technically owned by Square Enix (who made Mario RPG) he would never even be considered as he lacks the popularity of Sonic or Megaman. While this is true, the fact that the character appeared in “Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga” in a small cameo shows that Square is more than willing to let other companies use the character (without all the hassle that comes with attaining the rights to a character who actually matters). Also, given Sakurai’s affinity for cool-but-obscure retro characters (Ice Climbers, G&W, etc.) Geno stands a pretty decent shot.

Here’s a quick recap of Part 1:

Mario Series: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, (4)

Zelda Series: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link, (4)

Pokemon Series: Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer(4)

Kirby Series: Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede (3)

Metroid Series: Samus / Zero Suit Samus, Ridley (2)

Starfox Series: Fox McCloud, Krystal (2)

Donkey Kong Series: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong (2)

Fire Emblem Series: Ike, (1)

Earthbound Series: Lucas, (1)

F-Zero Series: Captain Falcon (1)

Yoshi Series: Yoshi (1)

Wario Ware Series: Wario (1)

Retro: Pit, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Takamaru (4)

Other Nintendo Characters: Captain Olimar, Issac (2)

3rd Party Characters: Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Geno (4)

36 total characters = 40 unique playable movesets

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Part 2A: 40 Selectable Characters, 44 Playable Movesets (The 3rd Party Crazy Edition)

Introduction: Alright, so those are my predictions based on the assumption that we will see only 36 selectable characters. But what if we rounded that off to 40? Then, my guess would be that Sakurai will have done one of two things: 1) Include four more third parties to make Brawl the ultimate gathering of videogame all stars or 2) include more awesome characters from Nintendo's Library. This section deals with the former possibility.

“But Samurai said only three third party characters!”

No, he said “maybe” that's what we might expect. And, like anything, plans are subject to change. So kindly shut it and read my ideas for the ultimate 3rd party roster.

1) Simon Belmont:

We have Snake. One Konami representative is enough.

...is what I would say if I were a stupid head.

Comments: Show some respect kids, for we are in the presence of greatness. The original vampire slayer, Belmont starred in the original Castelvaia on NES and has since established himself as the most prominent protagonist in the legendary franchise. Not only is he a videogame icon of the same calibur as Link and Solid Snake, but he is also a character that screams classic Nintendo.

Boasting a diverse range of attacks – ranging from whips, swords, magic attacks, etc. - there really isn't any justifiable reason for not wanting this character in Brawl. Snake's presnse shows that Konami at least isn't opposed to the idea of their characters making an appearance. In fact, the only reason he may not make it is if Samurai is limited to a 36ish roster and decides to focus on other essential inclusions.

Check out this awesome moveset posted by Chief Mendez (Scroll down a bit. The moveset is near the end of the post):
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2497912&postcount=874

2) Bomberman

Oh, I get it. He's called Bomberman because because he throws bombs. Subtle.

Comments: I can't say I'm a fan, and I'm not particularily convinced that he would be that great of an addition to the roster (between Link and Samus' bomb throwing, Snake's explosives and the many bomb items we already have explosions through the shizzle, so to speak) but a gaming icon is a gaming icon. And is there really such a thing as TOO MUCH exploding?

Hudson Soft's close ties to Nintendo (they are responsible for those bi-monthly “Mario Party” games) and the fact that they are owned by Konami bode well for this character's inclusion. And if Samurai wants the ultimate videogame roster, he's an essential addition.

3) Pacman

Waka waka

Comments: Does Pacman deserve a spot in Brawl. Heck no. While once the king of arcades, he hasn't really starred in a game of much merit since then. Namco seems determined to beat this once loved franchise to death by slapping the Pacman name on crappy plat formers, cartracers and mini game collections until it is synonymous with crap.

So why include Pacman? Because, in spite of everything, he is still second only to Mario in iconic status. His inclusion would mean something to every person in North America over 20, even people completely out of touch with videogames (like Nintendo's much coveted “casual” market). Simply put, he is a cultural touchtone everyone has grasp.

Given the Pacman/Mario crossover game: “Mario Kart Arcade GP Legend” it seems probable that Namco would be open to the idea. In terms of a potetnial moveset, I wouldn't expect much. Simple attacks involving punches and bites seem in order. He wouldn't bring much to the roster – aside from his iconic status.

4) Sora:

Fun fact: the Kingdom Hearts games have sold more than 10 million copies. Hard to
imagine that many ten year old girls play videogames.

Comments: I have never played a Kingdom Hearts game, nor do I have any great desire to do so. I am, however, in favor of putting Sora in Brawl because it would be the equivalent of a stake in the heart of Sony. Imagine, if you will, the millions of
Square Enix nuts who would purchase Wiis just for the chance to play as their precious Sora. It might be enough to convince Square to bring the next Kingdom Hearts game exclusively on the Wii, thus facilitating Nintendo's complete dominance of the console industry.

I wouldn't even have considered putting Sora on this list if it wasn't for the fact
that he appeared on Sakurai poll. True, he might be just another joke character suggestion, but I'm not too sure. Some have said that Sora can't appear in Brawl because Disney has dual ownership of the character. However, the scores of crappy Disney licensed games on the GBA and DS suggest that Nintendo has a solid working relationship with that company as well. And really, don't crappy games deserve some representation for once? (Don't answer that.)

Here's a moveset by GodzillaSmasher:

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3050733&postcount=4960

Mario Series: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, (4)

Zelda Series: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link, (4)

Fire Emblem Series: Ike, (1)

Earthbound Series: Lucas, (1)

3rd Party Characters: Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Geno (4), Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Pacman, Sora (8)

40 total characters = 44 unique playable movesets

Part 2B: 40 Selectable Characters, 44 Playable Movesets (Originality Edition)

Introduction: Of course, there is no guarantee that Sakurai will emphasize 3rd party characters so heavily. This being the case, he would likely go with four unique characters from Nintendo's established franchises. While the previous 3rd party choices were based mostly on iconic status, these choices are more geared towards uniqueness of their persona and moveset - though importance to their respective series is also considered.

1) Midna

Comments: Sorry to break it to you folks, but if you think that Link is the hero of Twilight Princess, you have been living a lie. That title most certainly belongs to the game’s true protagonist: Midna. Madness? Blasphemy? No, my friend, I speak the truth. It was Minda who was the main focus of the game’s story, while Link had all the character development of a tree stump. This fact alone catapults the character over her completion (Skull Kid, Tingle, Vaati, ect.) and puts her in the running for a spot in the Brawl roster.

While Midna could likely have a unique moveset all on her own, the potential for an awesome and unique moveset when combined with Wolf Link is simply too great to ignore. If you don’t believe me, read Ferro De Lupe’s ridiculously great moveset here: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2438301&postcount=494

2) Bowser Jr.

Comments: While his appeal isn’t exactly universal, Boswer Jr.’s importance to the Mario
series is above reproach. A primary villain in “Super Mario Sunshine,” “New Super Mario
Bros” and “Super Mario Galaxy” the son of Bowser has quickly established himself as one
of the series more prominent characters. Just don’t ask who the mother is. Or what
happened to the Koopalings of old.
For a moveset, I would expect him to rely of his paintbrush from Sunshine. Chucking
paint-ball projectile and *slicking the ground in goop are just some of the
possibilities that comes to mind.

3) Miciaiah

She may not be as cool the Black Knight, but at leasy Miciaiah isn't another swordfighter.
Comments: Having Miciaiah on this list instead of the Black Knight makes me die a little inside. However, with Ike having filled the role of ultra-slow and heavy sword fighter, my faith in the beyond-awesome Fire Emblem villian has wavered. And since putting Marth on my list is against my religion, I'll opt for Miciaiah. She brings some much needed diversity to the Fire Emblem roster as she is a light magic user. Her inclusion would also be a clever way for Nintendo to increase sales of Radiant Dawn, much like they did with Roy in Melee.

4) Claus

Happy now, thethirdkoopa?

Comments: With the arrival of Lucas as the defacto Mother representative and New Pork City as the official stage for the series, it's not unlikely that we'll see additional content from Mother 3. The notion of Claus as a playable character, for instance makes a lot of sense. Lucas' main rival in the game, Claus has access to a sword, mechanical wings, and a laser cannon (in addition to the PSI abilities for which the series is famous) which gives him respectable potential for a unique moveset.

Of course, since it's doubtful that the similarly obscure F-Zero series will get a second representative it's entirely possible that the Mother franchise could also be limited to one character. We'll just have to wait and see...

Mario Series: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, (4) Bowser Jr. (5)

Zelda Series: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link, (4) Midna (5)

Fire Emblem Series: Ike, (1) Miciaiah (2)

Earthbound Series: Lucas, (1) Claus (2)

3rd Party Characters: Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Geno (4)

40 total characters = 44 unique playable movesets

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
So there you have it. Three possible outcomes, one list. As always, I enjoy reading and (when I have time) responding to feedback. Let me know what you think of the final (?) revision of my character predictions thread.

Also, check out my (sorely outdated) runnersup lists as well:

Nintendo Character Runners Up (Part 1): http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2302541&postcount=157

Nintendo Character Runners Up: (Part 2): http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2304281&postcount=165

3rd Party Runnersup: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2683440&postcount=2337

(Did I forget your favorite character? PM me a picture and comment abou why they deserve to be considered for Brawl, and I'll post it in the runnersup list.)

The Master List of Wiseguy's Successes and Failures

Rather than alter my final roster, I've decided to list every succesful and unsuccessful prediction I've ever made in one convenient list. That way, future generations (at least for another month...) can look back on my original words and marvel at my brilliance.

SUCCESS!!!

1, 2, 3, 4 & 5) Zelda, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Peach

Comment: How did I make these astounding predictions? I had the advantage of playing a Super Smash Bros game one or more times.

6) Ike

Comments: If you are at all familiar with the Fire Emblem franchise, Ike came as no shock to you. Still, not everyone saw this one coming - so maybe I deserve a bit of credit.

7) Diddy Kong

Comments: Only crazy persons didn't expect to see Diddy appear in Brawl, just like how only morons fail to appreciate how awesome he is. Case closed.

8) Lucas

Comments: I deserve some credit for this one. For months, I went back and forth between Lucas and Ness, convinced only one would make the cut. As it turned out, I was right on both counts.

9) King Dedede

Comments: I was surpised to see how many people were surprised at this confirmation. To anyone who ever tried to come up with a prediction of the final roster, this was pretty obvious. One thing I wasn't surprised at was how awesome he is.

10) Pikmin & Olimar

"PIKMIN! Prepare for GLORY! For TONIGHT! We DINE! In HEEEEEEEELLLLLL!!!"

Okay, so maybe I didin't get the name right, but I was correct about the actual character. And man, am I estatic! This is the first newcomer that I am unconditionally excited to play as! His character model is awesome looking, and I can't wait to see his moveset, alt costumes, taunts, ect. Awesomeness, thy name is Olimar.

11)Sheik

Comments: Urgh. This was one case where I would have given pretty much anything to be wrong. I definitely could have done without the lamest, cheapest, most overused character in Melee making a return. Still, the signs pointing to Sheik's return were to great to ignore so I had no choice but to include the character in my roster months in advance of her confirmation.

FAILURE!!!

1) Saumerai Goroh

Comments: F-Zero is an awesome series and Goroh is an awesome villian - who also happens to be the second most popular character in said series. Seemed like a pretty safe prediction that he would make it - if only as a replacement clone for Captain Falcon once Ganondorf got his own moveset. But then the Assist Trophy update came along and introduced us to the word "deconfirmation."

2) ROB

Comments: Once upon a time, I had the lovable robot ROB as a playable character on my prediction roster. It seemed pretty logical at the time, seeing as how he is a well known Nintendo icon, represents the retro NES era better than any other and would potentially have and incredibly unique moveset. Sadly, however, Sakurai saw fit to dash my hopes by making ROB a non playable enemies in the Subspace Emisary.

3) Pokemon Trainer

Comments: I'm not sure this should count. I didn't see this one coming - but then again, very few did. The idea of a generic trainer being a playable character was a complete joke prior to this fateful update with only a handful of visionaries keeping the faith alive.

4) Ice Climbers

Comments: This was a biggie. Prior to the Ice Climbers confirmation, I expected every outdated character to be replaced - thus making way for a different set of obscure, retro characters. That's not to say I dislike the ICs, in fact I was happy to see such a unique PC retrun. But after that update, I did some massive changes to my list - inclusing other outadted characters like Game & Watch and (reluctantly) Sheik.

5) Sonic

What can I say? By mid-November I was doubting that any more third party characters would resurface at all. Stupidly, I opted to remove Sonic. Shortly thereafter, he was confirmed on the Dojo. As luck would have it, that update convinced me to put Megaman back on my list - and now it looks like he might be deconfirmed. Sometimes you just can't win.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I really don't see why people think Midna has such high chances. Just because she is an important character in the latest game in the series means nothing. I'm not saying she wouldn't be a great character but there are character with seniority on her that are just as popular, important and would be just as great like Skull Kid or Vaati.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I really don't see why people think Midna has such high chances. Just because she is an important character in the latest game in the series means nothing. I'm not saying she wouldn't be a great character but there are character with seniority on her that are just as popular, important and would be just as great like Skull Kid or Vaati.
Skull kid is awesome to be sure, but his appearance in Twilight Princess is significantly less Brawl worthy than the Majora's Mask wearing villian he once was. Hopefully, he will appear as a hazard in a Lost Woods themed map.

As for Vatti, he may have been top dog in LoZ: the Minish Cap but Twilight Princess is the latest and greatest Zelda game. This makes an awesome charcater like Midna far more likely, in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm curious what you think of my roster Numa Dude. What would ou rate it out of ten?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Theres a lot of things I dont like, no offense:

Bowser Jr: I say hes gotta have the shadow mario transformation, seeing how sheik may not come back, hed be the only one with a transformation (not counting zamus seeing how "under certain conditions" she'll transform)

Twili midna: Seriously all of us who played TP are used to see midna in her imp form, why should she have a form weve only seen for about 5 minutes (at the end of the game)? I say Imp form or no deal :p
Also Zant is another good choice for a zelda character...

Mewtwo: how can u not have mewtwo on the list, yet jiggly is rite there, I say jiggly, not being as popular as she once was, should leave, and give mewtwo (that to this day is still considered the strongest pkmn [at least i think XD]) the boot? yet good job addin deoxys and lucario...

Metroid series: I have nothing against ur roster in the metroid part, yet sakurai stated he wanted to better represent the series, I just can c 3 characters (not counting zamus since u will [probably] not be able to select her rite from the selection screen)representing well the series, I say we gotta add a hunter in there: sylux weavel rundus seems like great choices, but only one can make it in :p

SF series: Wheres wolf??

FE: I think we can use more characters, maybe the goddes of dawn girl (forgot the name)?

yoshi series: I wanna c kamek in there

wario series: 9-volt and mona should be in, wario ware series is just that awesome

Kid icarus series: theres only a handful of retro series that can have mroe than 2 characters, kid icarus being one of them, I say they should add pelutena, that would bring some pwnage to the game, more retros the better!

Mii: 100% AAGREEE!! MII FTW!!!

too many 3rd parties, and with only 3 having the spot, I say: snake, sonic and megaman

I wouldnt say good bye to the ICs just yet, also geno shouldnt be counted as 3rd (ill explain l8r) and some characters like mach rider would bring pwnage even more to the list :p

overall 8/10

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Dude I have no idea why you think Miis have even a slight chance of making the cut into Brawl. What are their names? Just a random name that some guy made, like Bob? Miis have no chance, end of discussion. This list is horrible like 4/10. Where's Wolf? He's like the most wanted Star Fox character that I hear of. And Sora? Nook? Dark Samus? WTF. And Marth, Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, Sheik and G&W all getting the cut? You must be thinking of a different game or something because this list is seriously ****e* up, man, and you're a noob for countering EVERYONE who disagreed with you. I do agree with your Pichu description however. Good job on that.

And Sensai if you're talking about me, go **** yourself. Gay ***got

Stryks

Smash Hero
Miis are now synounomous to the wii, any guy that will own brawl is bound to have a made a Mii or 2, sakurai know this, and sooner or l8r will think about adding Mii, wheter or not Mii is added depends on him...

U c, ever wonder what would happen if chuck norris fough Capt. Falcon? how about bush vs osama smash style? by adding Miis u can put absolutely ANY person u can think of in smash, yes smash are about all star characters, now tell me, u think Mii aint popular? wrong, Miis are now part of the wii, and may now be a part of nintendos future consoles, mii are that popular...

And the idea aint so farfetched, U can use Miis in games like wario ware, the only thing sakurai has to do is give a all the Miis a certain moveset, after that u choose from ur list of Miis and choose which want u want to choose, after that ur Mii will have the same movesets as any other Mii, thus its like having any other character, but It can be u, ur cousin, ur mom, dad, chuck norros, Jesus, spiderman, Oprah, Stone cold steve austin fighting against the nintendo al stars, the possibilities are endless...

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Theres a lot of things I dont like, no offense:

Bowser Jr: I say hes gotta have the shadow mario transformation, seeing how sheik may not come back, hed be the only one with a transformation (not counting zamus seeing how "under certain conditions" she'll transform)

Twili midna: Seriously all of us who played TP are used to see midna in her imp form, why should she have a form weve only seen for about 5 minutes (at the end of the game)? I say Imp form or no deal :p
Also Zant is another good choice for a zelda character...

Mewtwo: how can u not have mewtwo on the list, yet jiggly is rite there, I say jiggly, not being as popular as she once was, should leave, and give mewtwo (that to this day is still considered the strongest pkmn [at least i think XD]) the boot? yet good job addin deoxys and lucario...

Metroid series: I have nothing against ur roster in the metroid part, yet sakurai stated he wanted to better represent the series, I just can c 3 characters (not counting zamus since u will [probably] not be able to select her rite from the selection screen)representing well the series, I say we gotta add a hunter in there: sylux weavel rundus seems like great choices, but only one can make it in :p

SF series: Wheres wolf??

FE: I think we can use more characters, maybe the goddes of dawn girl (forgot the name)?

yoshi series: I wanna c kamek in there

wario series: 9-volt and mona should be in, wario ware series is just that awesome

Kid icarus series: theres only a handful of retro series that can have mroe than 2 characters, kid icarus being one of them, I say they should add pelutena, that would bring some pwnage to the game, more retros the better!

Mii: 100% AAGREEE!! MII FTW!!!

too many 3rd parties, and with only 3 having the spot, I say: snake, sonic and megaman

I wouldnt say good bye to the ICs just yet, also geno shouldnt be counted as 3rd (ill explain l8r) and some characters like mach rider would bring pwnage even more to the list :p

overall 8/10
Hey Stryks, thanks for taking the time to comment on my forum.

1) As much as Dark Mario would add to the charcater of Bowser Jr., I just don't see him as that important to the Mario series to justify the time necessary to design an entire moveset. Still, you never know.

2) Yeah, I figured I was in the minority in regards to Twili Midna. Personally, I consider the charcater's uncursed for to be the true, definitive version of the character. Either way, I'm hoping that Midna will appear in Brawl in som form.

3) Sorry, I don't really like Jiggs or Mewtwo. If I thought I could get away with it, I would cut them both. However, Jiggs was one of the original 12 characters in SSB 64, so I felt it was only fair that she be included.

4) Get real dude. I love MPH: Hunters, but its crazy to expect more than four Metroid charcaters in Brawl. The Japanese just don't appreciate how great the Metroid sereis is. We'll be lucky if Dark Samus gets in.

5) Wolf didn't get in because Starfox will likely get only 3 characters and Krystal is more original.

6) I would love for more FE characters to get in, but I think I'm already pushing it with 45 charcaters.

7) Your other charcater suggestions are ... interesting, but I don't consider any of them have a very high chance of making it.

8) Yes Mii is extremely awesome. Glad you agree.

9) I know that there are supposedly going to be only one or two more 3rd party charcaters, but I decided to go with the minimum ammount that would satidfy Smash Bros. fans.

10) Sorry dude, but I have a feeling that your precious Ice Climbers aren't long for this world.

Stryks

Smash Hero
So what should he make a roster without ganondorf, zelda, midna, mii, ike, krystal, ridley, dark samus, bowser jr, bowser and all the ones tha deserve the shot and just add unknown characters just to plese (sp?) u?

SmashYou6666

Banned via Administration
So what should he make a roster without ganondorf, zelda, midna, mii, ike, krystal, ridley, dark samus, bowser jr, bowser and all the ones tha deserve the shot and just add unknown characters just to plese (sp?) u?
No...........................

Sensai

Smash Master
Wiseguy, I came into this topic expecting some idiot rambling on and on about this character and that being a shoe-in for Brawl, and I'm glad to report that I was dissapointed.

Given, you've upset just about everyone who has hope for other characters, and they're likely going to talk to you about it. Verbally, with flames left and right.

I also came in, saw the first guys (Mario and Luigi) and thought 'Alright! A fellow smart-***!' Sadly, you chose to stray from that course and put in some actual thought to characters. For SHAME!

All in all, good list.

And P.S.: you pointed out about that 'secret character' for Super Paper Mario that 'must remain a mystery' and then went on to speculate that it might be Geno. When I first read that in the magazine, I thought the exact same thing. Sadly, I don't believe either one of us is right...

Although, I'm sure that if he is in there, it'll be spoiled for us within the week by someone getting on SWF and screaming about how Geno's likely for Brawl.....and y'know, it'd be worth it. If it were spoiled for me AND he got in Brawl, that'd be 100% fine with me.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I'll give you a hint when it comes to SPM's "secret character"--it ain't Geno.

Stafy Lover

Smash Rookie
You do realize Mr. Game & Watch and the ICs are the most requested characters to return in Japan, don't you? Japan seems to just love the retro characters.

On another note, I don't see Marth being replaced by anyone but Sigurd. I don't know much about the series, but I know Sakurai has been pushing for Sakurai since the original smash. Ike will still most likely appear. It's just Marth seems too important to the FE series... I would also like Lyn in because we need more females and she has a unique sword style.

I'm not a huge fan of Bowser Jr, but I could see him making the cut. In all honesty though, it seems Toad is more likely. I believe he was the only character Sakurai commented on and in a Nintendo Power vote taken before info about Brawl was released Wario and Toad won the top two spots (which her previously held by Peach and Bowser for Melee). Peach, Bowser, and Luigi are undoubtadly returning.

I agree with all your Zelda suggestions. WE should get rid of Sheik and add Midna and Cell Shaded Link. I also agree in which form Midna should be in (She just looks cooler this way), And FYI everyone, a manga for four swords was released and it featured a realistic Wind Waker link. I can't find the image though...

I really think Mewtwo is going to reappear, but more powerful and stronger. Mainly for two reasons. I believe his smovie had the largest opening night for an animated movie ever. (Although that may be misquoted) Jiggs (or Purin as I prefer) will probably get in. It's hard to say which new ones will get in.... I know Sakurai admires Gardevor, a very popular Pokemon in Japan, so maybe her. I could also see Lucario or Deoxys. Not really sure on this matter.

Rideley's getting in. If Japan wants him he's most likely in, since Metroid is uually more catered to Americans, the Japanese wanting him is a somewhat big deal. I could also see Dark Samus although 'd like her not to be a clone (or at least make her Luigi-fied)

Yes, we need more hammer weilding penguins (Plus considering he is like the most likely character I have little doubt he won't be in).

Falco needs to return. Krystal is very likely considering her uniquness for a Star Fox character and the lack of female competitors (her being the most popular new candidate).

Diddy deserves the spot more then most of, if not all, the popular character choices. Dixie could make a nice addition if they weren't teamed up (although that might lead to too many monkeys/apes). King K. Rool comes before Dixie in my mind, and we need more villains.

I too want Samurai Goroh. He could be a Luigi-fied C. Falcon with some special moves involving his sword.

I never played Earthbound, but I know Poo and Paula re very popular. I could see a Mother 3 character coming first though (Claus looks really awesome).

Yoshi is in, no dount in my mind.

I too want some Kid Icarus Wii. Palutena would be a nice addition to the game (moreso then Eggplant Wizard IMO).

Olimar is one of my top choices. He is WAY too underated.

I really hope Tom Nook makes an appearance in some form. We need some sort of rep. from the insanely popular Animal Crossing series, and he's practically the mascot. Plus, he says in his game that he used to own a fighting club which he fought in.

I'm at a mute point with Miis so I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Sonic will most likely be in, and he's my most request 3rd party character so I'm satisfied. Megaman is my second choice, but he's not Samus killer. I never got around to playing the Castlevania series, so yeah... I am not for Sora. I've played all three games, but he just doesn't fit here for me (although no character "fits in" in SSB). Geno would be awesome, and I agree with you on the fact it would boost VC sales. Oh and Alphadream made M&L. If you want to know the secret character in SPM, PM me (it's not Geno).

Poor, poor puzzle genre rep. I will miss you Doc. I wish they could have given Pichu a unique moveset, instead of a weaker (although I find him to be faster and better then Pikachu)
clone. They could have easily made one up, too bad for time constraints

Once again goodbye Sheik, see you when I go back and play Ocarina of Time (the one character who needs to leave...).

Oh and you're list fails without the awesomeness that is Stafy (JK :p ).

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Quick note: none of Melee's stages were from Ocarina. Great Bay was Majora, and Hyrule Temple is some generalized stage that could be inspired by most every Zelda.

Snake's definitely one of top 5 best game heroes, but I find the Metal Gear's lax stance on gameplay drags him down a notch or two. Personally, I think Tingle's the Link from WindWaker's number one, but I'm a special case.

P.S. And how dare you demean Pokemon? I love Fire Emblem just as much as the next guy, but there are a whole helluva' lot more options and strategies in Pokemon Ruby alone than there are in all 3 of the English FEs combined.

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
On another note, I don't see Marth being replaced by anyone but Sigurd. I don't know much about the series, but I know Sakurai has been pushing for Sakurai since the original smash. Ike will still most likely appear. It's just Marth seems too important to the FE series... I would also like Lyn in because we need more females and she has a unique sword style.
oh god... i hope marth is NOT CUT!!

i love marths combos, so fun........................
his D-Air is so satisfying when done on fox/falco while they're charging up or finishing theyre UP-B... then again doing it at any time on any character is very satisfying when it hits right its great lol(cheap....perhaps....fun.........heck yes)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
1.) Sora is VERY unlikely.
2.) Marth is VERY popular in Japan, so I find it highly unlike he will be getting removed.
3.) NO WAY IS MR. GAME & WATCH BEING REMOVED!!! (speaking out of personal opinion)
4.) Nice picture, and funny captions!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
2) Mr. Game & Watch:

Will we ever see arelival of the Game and Watch series?

Comments: Poor Mr. Game & Watch. He was one of the coolest and most original characters in Melee, but outside of Melee's roster, he is a relic from another era. Simply put, he was a cool character to include once, but he just isn't important enough to given the status of a permanent character. Sorry.
Play a Warioware Game. Game and watch isn't forgotten. Also, in Japan, a new Game and watch compilation was released for the DS, and rumors for North American, Europe and Oceania release as well.

6)Marth and 7)Roy:

So long Marth. I guess now we'll never know what you are trying to say when you do your attack stance.

Comments: I, like all Fire Emblem fans, owe Marth and Roy a debt of gratitude. It was, after all, their popularity as characters in Melee that convinced Nintendo to release Fire Emblem games internationally. But now that Fire Emblem is equally popular in other regions of the world, it just seems more proper that the series be represented by characters popular among Fire Emblem fans round the world. Sakurai has always tried to appease Western gamers, so one must assume that Marth and Roy will be gone.

As sad as it may seem, this brilliant and complex strategy series can not begin to match the enormous fan base of a lame series like Pokemon. For that reason, we probably can't expect more than two Fire Emblem reps in Brawl. Ike, the main lord in the most recent Fire Emblem games, will almost certainly replace Marth. Ike is essentially a stronger, cooler, less sissified version of Marth. Ike has a different fighting style and has a ranged sword attack, but I'm confident that their appearance and move sets will be similar enough that Marth fans won't be too cheesed off (probably).
Yes, because it makes total sense to add Marth's kingdom as a stage then cut him.

PS: He says "Everyone, look at me!" is his taunt (or something in the way of it)

Points for including Tom Nook.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
We don't know if it's a castle from Marth's world or another Fire Emblem. I'm wholeheartedly with Wiseguy on this subject (save the Black Knight; give me someone with an actual name, please).

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
LIES I tell you!
I stand by my statement that the final boss battle in Twilight Princess is the greatest in all the Zelda series. I challenge anyone to think of one better.

Dude I have no idea why you think Miis have even a slight chance of making the cut into Brawl. What are their names? Just a random name that some guy made, like Bob? Miis have no chance, end of discussion. I do agree with your Pichu description however. Good job on that
I think the Miis have a shot because, if included, they would be one of the most fun and unique charcaters on the roster. If you think otherwise, then you must really hate fun.

Your prediction is like all the others.

1/10

Not biased.
Really? 1/10? Does that mean I got 90% of my predictions wrong? Sure, I might be reaching a little with controversial picks like Donkey Kong, but on the whole I thought I was fairly realistic.

I'll give you a hint when it comes to SPM's "secret character"--it ain't Geno.
Drat. Oh well, it wasn't a bad guess. Thanks for not spoiling the surprise. (Now I'm hoping its Skull Kid)

Nice list, Wiseguy. I give you a 9.5 out of 10.
Thank you for for that extremely generous score sir. I would have expected someone with a Sheik avitar to be significantly less kind.

You do realize Mr. Game & Watch and the ICs are the most requested characters to return in Japan, don't you? Japan seems to just love the retro characters.

I'm not a huge fan of Bowser Jr, but I could see him making the cut. In all honesty though, it seems Toad is more likely. I believe he was the only character Sakurai commented on and in a Nintendo Power vote taken before info about Brawl was released Wario and Toad won the top two spots (which her previously held by Peach and Bowser for Melee). Peach, Bowser, and Luigi are undoubtadly returning.

I agree with all your Zelda suggestions. WE should get rid of Sheik and add Midna and Cell Shaded Link. I also agree in which form Midna should be in (She just looks cooler this way), And FYI everyone, a manga for four swords was released and it featured a realistic Wind Waker link. I can't find the image though...

I really think Mewtwo is going to reappear, but more powerful and stronger. Mainly for two reasons. I believe his smovie had the largest opening night for an animated movie ever. (Although that may be misquoted) Jiggs (or Purin as I prefer) will probably get in. It's hard to say which new ones will get in.... I know Sakurai admires Gardevor, a very popular Pokemon in Japan, so maybe her. I could also see Lucario or Deoxys. Not really sure on this matter.

Rideley's getting in. If Japan wants him he's most likely in, since Metroid is uually more catered to Americans, the Japanese wanting him is a somewhat big deal. I could also see Dark Samus although 'd like her not to be a clone (or at least make her Luigi-fied)

Yes, we need more hammer weilding penguins (Plus considering he is like the most likely character I have little doubt he won't be in).

Falco needs to return. Krystal is very likely considering her uniquness for a Star Fox character and the lack of female competitors (her being the most popular new candidate).

Diddy deserves the spot more then most of, if not all, the popular character choices. Dixie could make a nice addition if they weren't teamed up (although that might lead to too many monkeys/apes). King K. Rool comes before Dixie in my mind, and we need more villains.

I too want Samurai Goroh. He could be a Luigi-fied C. Falcon with some special moves involving his sword.

I never played Earthbound, but I know Poo and Paula re very popular. I could see a Mother 3 character coming first though (Claus looks really awesome).

Yoshi is in, no dount in my mind.

I too want some Kid Icarus Wii. Palutena would be a nice addition to the game (moreso then Eggplant Wizard IMO).

Olimar is one of my top choices. He is WAY too underated.

I really hope Tom Nook makes an appearance in some form. We need some sort of rep. from the insanely popular Animal Crossing series, and he's practically the mascot. Plus, he says in his game that he used to own a fighting club which he fought in.

I'm at a mute point with Miis so I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Sonic will most likely be in, and he's my most request 3rd party character so I'm satisfied. Megaman is my second choice, but he's not Samus killer. I never got around to playing the Castlevania series, so yeah... I am not for Sora. I've played all three games, but he just doesn't fit here for me (although no character "fits in" in SSB). Geno would be awesome, and I agree with you on the fact it would boost VC sales. Oh and Alphadream made M&L. If you want to know the secret character in SPM, PM me (it's not Geno).

Poor, poor puzzle genre rep. I will miss you Doc. I wish they could have given Pichu a unique moveset, instead of a weaker (although I find him to be faster and better then Pikachu)
clone. They could have easily made one up, too bad for time constraints

Once again goodbye Sheik, see you when I go back and play Ocarina of Time (the one character who needs to leave...).

Oh and you're list fails without the awesomeness that is Stafy (JK :p ).
Wow, that's alot of ground to cover:

I highly doubt that Ice Climbers and G&W will return. Tell me where you heard that they are allegedy ranked as the most requested returning charcaters and I might reconsider.

Sigurd most likely won't replace Marth since they are from the same game, which was only released in Japan. I stand by my prediction that Ike will be the new Fire Emblem rep.

Toad is easily the most boring Mraio charcater in history and will hopefully not appear as a playable character. Maybe as an item or stage hazzard.

Thanks for the positive feedback on most of my charcater suggestions. We seem to be pretty much in agreement on most things. I'm still skeptical on Mewtwo though.

As for Palutena, I want a revival of the Kid Icaurs series before we start filling the SSBB roster with its charcaters.

Finally, I respect the Mother 3 and Staffy fans, but there are already more than enough awesome charcaters that are popular in both Japan AND North America. How would the Japanese gamers like it if they found Western-only charcaters like John Madden and Laura Croft in Brawl?

Quick note: none of Melee's stages were from Ocarina. Great Bay was Majora, and Hyrule Temple is some generalized stage that could be inspired by most every Zelda.

Snake's definitely one of top 5 best game heroes, but I find the Metal Gear's lax stance on gameplay drags him down a notch or two. Personally, I think Tingle's the Link from WindWaker's number one, but I'm a special case.

P.S. And how dare you demean Pokemon? I love Fire Emblem just as much as the next guy, but there are a whole helluva' lot more options and strategies in Pokemon Ruby alone than there are in all 3 of the English FEs combined.
Your point on the Melee Zelda maps is valid, but I still suspect that most of the Zelda content in Brawl will have a Twilight Princess focus.

I like WW Link too, but better than SNAKE?! I think not. What, pre tell, about MGS's gameplay is "lax"?

I demean the Pokemon series because it is WWWAAAYYY too overhyped. If want to play a REAL RPG, look no further than Fire Emblem.

oh god... i hope marth is NOT CUT!!

i love marths combos, so fun........................
his D-Air is so satisfying when done on fox/falco while they're charging up or finishing theyre UP-B... then again doing it at any time on any character is very satisfying when it hits right its great lol(cheap....perhaps....fun.........heck yes)
Don't worry, Marth's replacement (Ike) will likely have similarly awesome combos. Aren't you tired of playing as a dude who wears a tiarra?

1.) Sora is VERY unlikely.
2.) Marth is VERY popular in Japan, so I find it highly unlike he will be getting removed.
3.) NO WAY IS MR. GAME & WATCH BEING REMOVED!!! (speaking out of personal opinion)
4.) Nice picture, and funny captions!
1) I know. I beleive I listed his chances as "Not Impossible".
2) So is Ike, and he has the benefit of being released outside of Japan.
3) Yes he is. (Also speaking out of personal opinion)
4) Thank you. Glad you enjoyed them.

Play a Warioware Game. Game and watch isn't forgotten. Also, in Japan, a new Game and watch compilation was released for the DS, and rumors for North American, Europe and Oceania release as well.

Yes, because it makes total sense to add Marth's kingdom as a stage then cut him.

PS: He says "Everyone, look at me!" is his taunt (or something in the way of it)

Points for including Tom Nook.
If all it takes to get in Brawl is to star in your own Micro Game, then we can likely expect several thousand playable characters. Hooray!

From what I understand, that comilation had a very limited release. When I can buy it at my local Wal-Mart, then we'll talk.

As Chief Mendez said, we don't know yet what game that map was from. I'm still suspect its from Path of Radiance.

Really? That's what he says? Well, now that I know I have no regrets about cutting him. Thanks.

We don't know if it's a castle from Marth's world or another Fire Emblem. I'm wholeheartedly with Wiseguy on this subject (save the Black Knight; give me someone with an actual name, please).
Yeah, putting putting a charcater in Smash Bros with a name like "Black Knight" could be crazy. Almost as crazy as "Ice Climbers" or a charcater without a name like "Mr. Game & Watch".

BK's identity is supposed to be revealed in the next game (DON't TELL ME!!!) but I still say his role as villian in PoR was important enough to justify a spot in Brawl.

Thanks guys. Keep up the great comments. Let's see how long we can keep this thread alive.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
That's actually a pretty good list. The only part I strongly disagree with is the FE section, but you should know that by now (still think 3 characters are likely, and that BK shouldn't be one of them). Overall though, while there are some characters I'd like that you haven't mentioned, I can't complain too much.

However, I wouldn't underestimate the pokemon slot, as it is Nintendo's 2nd biggest franchise and still incredibly popular in Japan. It wouldn't surprise me if there are 5 of them this time round. Also, I wouldn't regard FE as an RPG series like pokemon, it's kind of a stratergy/rpg hybrid.

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
I could see that list as being close to the actual list of the game. but i do have to ask a question or 5.

1. Where the HELL is bomberman? did i miss him? is he hiding?
2. Personal opinions aside, do you think the twili midna is really more likely to be in than the imp midna (regardless of whether wolf-link is there or not.)?
3. Nice inclusion of dark samus and ridley, imo they are absolute musts as the metroid series really needs the representation. i could live with a hunter also being added, i havent played Prime: Hunters so it doesnt really matter to me. what in your opinion are the chances of DS being a clone though? i know weve had the discussions (me you and stryks mostly, on the DS thread) abotu how easy it would be to make original sets or just as a clone, but in a % what would you say is the chances for either? (50-50?, 40-60 for the clone)
4. Tom nook... yeah.... can you present justification there, maybe a moveset? having appeared in a game that was (not all that popular so far as ive ever heard) isnt a reason. im not flaming im just asking for info there.
5. what makes you so sure roy and marth are going b-bye? i dont really want roy in brawl, could live without marth if replaced by newer better known characters, but hat would you say are the 2 or 3 biggest reasons they would be removed?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Well, me and LukeFonFabre were talking about Black Knight's GoD revelation over on that Marth and Roy being cut thread, and basically, the problem is that the game won't hit the US far enough before Brawl to give him his real identity, and he's still a really unoriginal character. Not a bad character (much evil-er than that sissy Ashnard), just not very inspired. If he were two eskimos in a giant suit of ebony full-plate, then maybe I'd reconsider...

MGS (especially Snake Eater) hasn't exactly improved past the addition of a first-person view. The camera still doesn't fit the normal gameplay (though I haven't played Subsistence, so I could be wrong), Snake's still confined to an invisible grid (though that was lessened in Snake Eater), and boy are those cutscenes/codec conversations long and annoying after your first playthrough (admit it, if it weren't for Sigint, you'd never use the thing). They're still amazing games...but they're not awesome on all fronts.

Pokemon is a real man's RPG: it takes guts to play a game 70% of the world is enthralled with. An overhyped example is Killzone, or Ace Combat. Pokemon is just that long-lasting; it's one of only two game's I've sunk more than 100 hours into (the other being Melee), and believe it or not, the millions who play the game aren't just hypnotized by Pikachu's stupidly cute visage: there's a deep, rewarding, and fun game in the traditional Pokemon RPGs.

Keku

Smash Apprentice
About 80% of the list looks great. The Twili-form Midna caught my eye especially. I think that there isn't any good reason for Sakurai and his crew to include her in that form. First of all, 99,5% (quite accurately) of the time we see Midna in her imp form. The Twili form is the big surprise in the very end of the game, not the casual and cute imp-form which we tend to see in adverts and stuff. As playing TP, we're seeing the imp-Midna do alot of cool stuff like grabbing stuff with her hair, doing fused-shadow thingies, using weird Twili-magic and so on.

How about Twili-Midna then? We see her laugh, cry, and leave for life. Sure, she looks cool and stuff and it would give the developers free hands to do whatever they wanted to, but why wouldn't they want to use the Midna that everyone already is familiar with and likes? I see absolutely no good reason to pick Twili-form over Imp.

Cheers for the list btw, it was probably the most reasonable so far. ;)

Zgetto

Smash Ace
i think this list is realistic to the roster in brawl.
if this would be the real chars in brawl i would be very hapy(it would be perfect in my opinion)
i give you 9.8 out of 10(it would be 10 if you wasnt hating on fox that much =p)

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon is a real man's RPG: it takes guts to play a game 70% of the world is enthralled with. An overhyped example is Killzone, or Ace Combat. Pokemon is just that long-lasting; it's one of only two game's I've sunk more than 100 hours into (the other being Melee), and believe it or not, the millions who play the game aren't just hypnotized by Pikachu's stupidly cute visage: there's a deep, rewarding, and fun game in the traditional Pokemon RPGs.
curse you for the crime of having a life. only 2 games with 100+ hrs?

Zelda TP - 33 hrs in a thursday - sunday period. lots mroe since
melee - mroe than 100 hrs, easy
fire emblem path of radiance - probably clsoe to 100 hours, if not over
metroid prime - mm probably 50
prime 2 - 75ish, counting my full clear and hardmode files i guess

World of warcraft (takes the cake)

26 days ( on a single character, i have 3 more with atleast close to that time)
1 day being counted as 24 hours of playing.

if you flame WoW, Cowonthehunt will come and pewpewwtfbbqpwn your ***

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Nice list but the fact that you say IC won't make it offends me, since the ICs are my mains. I would also LOVE for Game and Watch to return too, since he's one on my mains also.

Of course what you say makes perfect sense but the thing is that Nintendo isn't a company to **** on it's own history. They'll(hopefully) keep IC and GaW in there just to pay homage to that era.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
That's actually a pretty good list. The only part I strongly disagree with is the FE section, but you should know that by now (still think 3 characters are likely, and that BK shouldn't be one of them). Overall though, while there are some characters I'd like that you haven't mentioned, I can't complain too much.

However, I wouldn't underestimate the pokemon slot, as it is Nintendo's 2nd biggest franchise and still incredibly popular in Japan. It wouldn't surprise me if there are 5 of them this time round. Also, I wouldn't regard FE as an RPG series like pokemon, it's kind of a stratergy/rpg hybrid.
I would personally love more Fire Emblem charcaters, but this was intended to be more of a realistic prediction of what the final roster might be, not a personal wishlist. Giving Fire Emblem's relatively small fan following, I think two charcaters is fair.

True Pokemon games are still ridiculously popular, esepecially in Japan, but the series does not have the historical petigree of the Mario and Zelda series. There were four Pokemon in Melee, and I think that's about fair.

Wow, Wiseguy some ppl have to learn from you here...

Very accurate, Very accurate indeed...
Thanks for the kind words Eight Sage.

I could see that list as being close to the actual list of the game. but i do have to ask a question or 5.

1. Where the HELL is bomberman? did i miss him? is he hiding?
2. Personal opinions aside, do you think the twili midna is really more likely to be in than the imp midna (regardless of whether wolf-link is there or not.)?
3. Nice inclusion of dark samus and ridley, imo they are absolute musts as the metroid series really needs the representation. i could live with a hunter also being added, i havent played Prime: Hunters so it doesnt really matter to me. what in your opinion are the chances of DS being a clone though? i know weve had the discussions (me you and stryks mostly, on the DS thread) abotu how easy it would be to make original sets or just as a clone, but in a % what would you say is the chances for either? (50-50?, 40-60 for the clone)
4. Tom nook... yeah.... can you present justification there, maybe a moveset? having appeared in a game that was (not all that popular so far as ive ever heard) isnt a reason. im not flaming im just asking for info there.
5. what makes you so sure roy and marth are going b-bye? i dont really want roy in brawl, could live without marth if replaced by newer better known characters, but hat would you say are the 2 or 3 biggest reasons they would be removed?
1) Bomberman did not make my list simply because his moveset would be really, really boring. Link and Samus already have bombs for attacks, there will likely be plenty of Bomb items, Snake's moves will susposedly rely on explosives .... see where I'm going with this?
In my opinion, we don't need a charcater whose attacks would likely come exclusively from bombs.

2) It all depends how late in the development cycle Brawl was before Sakurai noticed the importance of the Midna charcater in Twilight Princess. If he planed to include her very early on we will likely see Imp Midna with an original moveset. If, however, he failed to consider Midna until much later, he may have no choice but to include her a clone or not at all. Including Twili Midna as a clone of Zelda (with dark instead of light magic) is likely. Personally, I prefer Twili Midna to her cursed form, but we'll have to wait and see.

3)In my opinion, Dark Samus has a 50% chance of being included as a clone and a 50% chance of not being included at all. Sorry, but with Metroid being as unpopular as it is in Japan, we'll have to take what we can get.

4) Tom Nook was included because he is the best choice to represent the Animal Crossing games. The Gamecube game was a sleeper hit and the DS game is one of the top selling games on that platform. Give it a try dude, you just might be surprised.

As for moves, I'm not worried. Nook could use shovels and fishing lures as weapons, throw furniture, or Sakurai could design a completely unique moveset like he did with Captain Falcon.

5) Sure Thing:

1. Neither have been released outside of Japan, making them poor representatives for the millions of Fire Emblem fans out side of that country.

2. Even setting aside point one, Marth and Roy are not that important to the Fire Emblem series. Sure they starred as Lords in their repsective games, but they are not the mascots of the series in the same way as Link is to the Zelda series. I say, put new Fire Emblem charcaters from the most recent games in all Smash Bros. games to follow.

Well, me and LukeFonFabre were talking about Black Knight's GoD revelation over on that Marth and Roy being cut thread, and basically, the problem is that the game won't hit the US far enough before Brawl to give him his real identity, and he's still a really unoriginal character. Not a bad character (much evil-er than that sissy Ashnard), just not very inspired. If he were two eskimos in a giant suit of ebony full-plate, then maybe I'd reconsider...

MGS (especially Snake Eater) hasn't exactly improved past the addition of a first-person view. The camera still doesn't fit the normal gameplay (though I haven't played Subsistence, so I could be wrong), Snake's still confined to an invisible grid (though that was lessened in Snake Eater), and boy are those cutscenes/codec conversations long and annoying after your first playthrough (admit it, if it weren't for Sigint, you'd never use the thing). They're still amazing games...but they're not awesome on all fronts.

I hope your right about Brawl being released before GoD.

If that were to happen, BK would likely be included exclusively for his important role in PoR, making no mention of his real identity so as to avoid spoilers. You may not find him all that original, but I consider him to be one of the most compelling villians in video games due to the mystery surrounding him. As I said, he has a greater chance of being included in Brawl than any other Fire Emblem charcater because making him Ike's clone would save alot of valuable time.

Chief, if you didn't find MGS3 to be an improvement over the past games in the series, then you're nuts. The awesome camoflauge system and the ability to eat virtually any animal to replenish your health were revolutionary in and of themselves. And if you get bored by the story in multiple playthroughs (which I see as impossible) you can always skip though them. The mere fact that you would want to play the game over again speaks volumes as to its quality.

Oh, and Pokemon is still overhyped in my opinion. I respect that so many people love the series, but its primitive stories and lack of charcater development make it kindof a "My First RPG" if you know what I mean. Who knows, maybe the next games will change all that, but I doubt it.

About 80% of the list looks great. The Twili-form Midna caught my eye especially. I think that there isn't any good reason for Sakurai and his crew to include her in that form. First of all, 99,5% (quite accurately) of the time we see Midna in her imp form. The Twili form is the big surprise in the very end of the game, not the casual and cute imp-form which we tend to see in adverts and stuff. As playing TP, we're seeing the imp-Midna do alot of cool stuff like grabbing stuff with her hair, doing fused-shadow thingies, using weird Twili-magic and so on.

How about Twili-Midna then? We see her laugh, cry, and leave for life. Sure, she looks cool and stuff and it would give the developers free hands to do whatever they wanted to, but why wouldn't they want to use the Midna that everyone already is familiar with and likes? I see absolutely no good reason to pick Twili-form over Imp.

Cheers for the list btw, it was probably the most reasonable so far. ;)
Yeah, I can see why you'd say that. But why couldn't Twili Midna have all those abilities as well? Just because she is no longer cursed doesn't mean she would be less powerful. If anything the opposite would be true.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked my list. I tried to be as reasonaable as possible in my predictions.

i think this list is realistic to the roster in brawl.
if this would be the real chars in brawl i would be very hapy(it would be perfect in my opinion)
i give you 9.8 out of 10(it would be 10 if you wasnt hating on fox that much =p)
Thanks Zgetto, but I think I was actually too easy on Fox. That punk has had it too good for too long.

Edit: sorry Speedsk8er. I'll address your point later. Gotta catch my class.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Ha ha, Nook moveset.

Chief Mendez said:
Tom Nook

(I'm only listing his specials for now due to the Wii Internet Browser's limitations.)

B: Laugh Riot
-Nook tilts his head back and lets out a roar of laughter, complete with "Ha Ha" symbols. The symbols deal light, flinching damage, then fall to the ground. Works best in the air, when the symbols fall all the way to the ground.

→B: Fire Sale
-Nook chucks a piece of furniture (in leaf form) forwards. While airborne, it poofs into a random piece of furniture, dealing damage according to size/weight. Ideally, I'd have every piece of furniture in the GCN game available.

↑B: Shipping Charges
-Nook charges skywards, delivery held overhead. If the present contacts an opponent: boom! If not, Nook follows an arc similar to Mario's recovery move.

↓B: Card Shark
-While Nook ponders his business records, any attack made to his frontside is countered in a flurry of tax forms and old receipts.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Nice list but the fact that you say IC won't make it offends me, since the ICs are my mains. I would also LOVE for Game and Watch to return too, since he's one on my mains also.

Of course what you say makes perfect sense but the thing is that Nintendo isn't a company to **** on it's own history. They'll(hopefully) keep IC and GaW in there just to pay homage to that era.

Sorry Speedsk8er, but no matter who I cut, there was bound to be people offended. I'm bracing myself as we speak for when the Sheik and Pichu fans get wind of this my charcater list.

The reason that ICs and G&W should be cut in my view is because there there are a limited number of charcater spots, and a ton of charcaters who deserve to appear more than they do. I don't know about you, but I've played as and against all of Melee's charcaters more than any sane person should in one lifetime. As much as I like and respect characters like Ice Climbers and Game &Watch, I think most Smash fans don't want to see them return at the expense of other obscure-but-cool charcaters like Geno and Olimar.

Edit: Zarasai, I'd be more inclined to believe you if you would state some of the reasons that Bomberman deserves to appear.

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
ok for one thing. yeah bomberman throws bombs. so what if other characters have bombs? mario has a fireball, so does luigi. plenty of swordsmen. you cant really say bomberman is too similar to somebody because 2 characters each have 1 bomb attack. I have some movelist ideas in bomberman's respective thread, and i check that periodically (usually glance in for replies whenever im on smashboards) so take a look there, theres plenty of other people who have reasons bomberman should be in too. most of my own stuff is on the last handful of pages

EDIT: did you lose somebody in the 9/11 or something? if so, im sorry, but otherwise, how is massive explosions and blowing stuff up boring!?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, that was a really entertaining read. =D Although I love the Pokemon series and have been traumatized by Captain Falcon too much to be able to associate anything good with him. In fact, my rants about him were similar to yours about Sheik, down to the "tumor" analogy. Woah.
But yeah, Sheik smiles solemnly upon the button mashers.

Say, where would I find that poll Sakurai made that I hear so much about? I'd like to check for some of my own wishes... I hear Gardevoir was in it... which would be downright awesome. You don't have to be a Pokemon fan to appreciate what looks like a modern artist's rendition of a French ballroom dancer anime goddess lady... thing..!

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to come to terms with your cut list. I mean, Sakurai did say that they wouldn't all return... but he didn't say that he'd be cutting EIGHT CHARACTERS!
The only ones I see going bye-bye are Young Link, Pichu, and Roy. Your spiel about Ike convinced me that Marth will probably be replaced too. AND WHAT IS WITH EVERYONE'S FIXATION WITH THIS DUMB "TIER LIST? AND HOW IS MEWTWO AT THE BOTTOM? AND WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE SHIEK?Sorry, but with Zelda being so unimportant in TP, and with OoT being possibly her most important Zelda game, aside from possibly WW, I don't see Shiek being removed in any way. I also have to disagree with your little note about not caring if Jigglypuff being cut. In case you haven't noticed, according to Nintendo itself, Jiggs is one of the strongest characters, right next to G&W, Yoshi, and Ness, who does need a makeover.

El HP

Smash Ace
Good topic yeah I was pissed off when I first saw Samus with the same old suit design I mean why not use the Metroid Prime design which looks a lot cooler and detailed all the characters get new designs and Samus stays the same what the hell by the way the Metroid Prime series is my favorite too kick *** games.

I also agree Sheik should go to hell what a lame character It requires no skill to be good with everything is so easy to do Shiek is one of the reason why melee is an unbalanced game that d*** b**** counters almost all the other characters in the game only players with no skill play as her.

Top Bottom