• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pre Pound 4 Crew Battle Plans(Melee)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
It's worth mentioning that crews are on the last day, so we can see how everyone does in bracket/pool matches beforehand.
This.

10char.

fake-edit: seeing how people do in tournament would be a good guideline, but I still stand by what others have said about LoZR: something about his mindset changes and is perfectly suited for crews. I wish he could lie to himself and say that the whole winners bracket is one crew vs. him XD!!!

But really...LoZR...so **** in crews.

There are so many good players...you should throw in Ali's Ness!! XD!!! But really, his Falcon's sexy too....but, South is so stacked it's hard for me to even go with my bias haha

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
lul

10luls

next summer though, im callin it, no worries, i'll be f'in beast, for this crewbattle, im hoping to just be there to witness the resurrection of southern smash, which has been lost since g-spot quit beasting years ago.
jesus f'in christ that was thousands of years ago.

I bet delani is out there somewhere still a monster going "lol shizwiz who?"

GAwes

Hidden Boss
jesus f'in christ that was thousands of years ago.

I bet delani is out there somewhere still a monster going "lol shizwiz who?"
haha, agreed

I finally feel (and of course my opinion is likely in no way representative) that the south is just purely on an equal level with the northeast and westcoast. i mean, recent placing of some players has just been absolutely top notch, but to me that doesnt mean jack, i mean, look at georgia, or even florida and north carolina, no offense to a ton of players who have been around a long time, but in nc, and ga, once you got past the top 4 or 5 you were talking about people who were not national level players, just regional, in florida you could probably stretch those numbers to 8 or 9, but now, those numbers are def. a lot higher, everyone has stepped it up and the median level of skill is about twice what it was 1 1/2 to 2 years ago.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
if Florida's the wang does that make Texas the balls? I mean everything's bigger there

Pritch

Smash Lord
Does Xelic still play and/or is he planning on going to this? That guy's pretty good too, last I checked.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Xelic hasn't been to a big tournament in a while since Genesis, but I think he wants to go and team with Linguini

I'll talk to him once I head home in a week!

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Uh you live in NY and play low tiers.
First of all, I was obviously playing around when I said I'll play for the south. Second of all, I see you're one of those inconsiderate fools who think I only play low tiers and I'm only good with low tiers. I play every tier pretty d*mn well, especially middle tiers and low tiers. You say I play low tiers but I'm in every crew battle needed for the East Coast, especially since I play a vital role and I ****. So relax yourself with the low tier bullsh*t and learn how to take jokes.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Uh you live in NY and play low tiers.
I have to agree with DJ. I don't see how playing a low tier would constitute for not being considered for the crew. Like chops said, it doesn't matter what character is being played. What matters is that we pick our best players to rep.

Perhaps you were just joking with your post, but you made yourself seem like a ****. Sorry.

Turnip T

Smash Cadet
If DJ plays for us, I'm quitting Smash. I can think of plenty of people better than DJ that aren't being considered for the South crew.

~ Dark Hart

btw DJ, mm at Pound. Just like a normal tourney set. not sure how much $$ yet...

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
and how is it on all on rock crock to decide?...that isn't the thread's pupose

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
1. Hungrybox
2. Peepee
3. Shiz
4. Colbol
5. L0zR
6. Linguini
7. Chops
8. Darkrain
9. Chaddd
10. Spaceballs

Alt: Rock, XIF, DoH

Am I right? lol

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
1. Hungrybox
2. Peepee
3. Shiz
4. Colbol
5. L0zR
6. Linguini
7. Chops
8. Darkrain
9. Chaddd
10. Spaceballs

Alt: Rock, XIF, DoH

Am I right? lol
The three people listed as alternates I'd put above me any day. All three are more experienced players who play better characters.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah my 10 spot was definitely questionable to me, but I can't help but be impressed with your recent tourney performance.

I also can't help but think a lot of people aren't ready for a good samus.. *shrugs*

GA Peach

Smash Lord
personal opinion, i think there needs to be one Peach on the team. she's solid, and a lot of people mess up when playing against her. take it or leave it, i suppose...

chaddd

Smash Lord
personal Opinion, I Think There Needs To Be One Peach On The Team. She's Solid, And A Lot Of People Mess Up When Playing Against Her. Take It Or Leave It, I Suppose...
Cough Mid Crew Battle Stitch Face Cough

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I think whomever gets the most stitches/uses them best should play :)

And DJ, I think you're the one who needs to take a joke. But if you want to debate this, then the problem in crews with a player like you is that for your high tiers (Peach, Samus) we have better options for those characters, and any advantage that your other characters bring together is not only covered by other player's strengths in certain matchups, but the risk of throwing out low tiers is not worth the reward because of what happens on the counterpick. The stock trade never works out in favor of the lowered tiered players. Additionally in crews people are much more willing to play to win against low tier characters by doing stuff like camping or chain grabbing, because they only have to do it for 3 stock, and not a whole match so it takes less effort and doesn't feel as bad. Unless the player is really amazing with a lowered tier character, like Linguini/HugS and can handle the really difficult matchups that will be thrown at them.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
First of all, I was obviously playing around when I said I'll play for the south. Second of all, I see you're one of those inconsiderate fools who think I only play low tiers and I'm only good with low tiers. I play every tier pretty d*mn well, especially middle tiers and low tiers. You say I play low tiers but I'm in every crew battle needed for the East Coast, especially since I play a vital role and I ****. So relax yourself with the low tier bullsh*t and learn how to take jokes.
have u ever beaten anyone good....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom