• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pre Pound 4 Crew Battle Plans(Melee)

Status
Not open for further replies.

C......

Smash Apprentice
I want to mm all of you.
i feel the same way...

im gonna do everything possible to try to make it to this tourny,
imo i think pikachad, iori, ihsb, nite, ali, GAWes, chaddd, soft, fullmetal, mike G, lozr, sleepyk
should all be thought about b4 makin ur final decision, and FL shouldnt take up more than half of the list, even if they are really good

u guys might wanna just have a tourny between everyone who wants to be in it besides the promised top places

btw i'd be happy to MM anyone with falcon attending this if im here

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
i feel the same way...

im gonna do everything possible to try to make it to this tourny,
imo i think pikachad, iori, ihsb, nite, ali, GAWes, chaddd, soft, fullmetal, mike G, lozr, sleepyk
should all be thought about b4 makin ur final decision, and FL shouldnt take up more than half of the list, even if they are really good

u guys might wanna just have a tourny between everyone who wants to be in it besides the promised top places

btw i'd be happy to MM anyone with falcon attending this if im here
I don't get it.

So...

On the west coast, EVEN THOUGH California easily has 8 of the top 10 players, they should include Oregon as well? And only give California 5 spots?

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I agree with mr. Box.

The crew match is about respect for a certain region. Now, undoubtedly the states that are represented less may feel slightly sleighted. But the truth of the matter is that the crew is supposed to be comprised of the best 10 or 8 or whatever. If they were ALL in FL, then that is STILL the best option.

Don't sacrifice the good of the crew for territorial hubris.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I don't get it.

So...

On the west coast, EVEN THOUGH California easily has 8 of the top 10 players, they should include Oregon as well? And only give California 5 spots?
Well no offense but Florida has a long history of pretty much assuming they're better than just about everyone just because their top players are.

Lambchops, you, Shiz, Speedn, XIF, and Colbol are all incredibly high level players and have definitely earned the right to represent your entire region, but you can't discount insane players who perform even better under the pressure of a crew battle.

Lozr and Peepee for instance don't seem to get nearly enough credit.

tubes

Smash Ace
I agree with mr. Box.

The crew match is about respect for a certain region. Now, undoubtedly the states that are represented less may feel slightly sleighted. But the truth of the matter is that the crew is supposed to be comprised of the best 10 or 8 or whatever. If they were ALL in FL, then that is STILL the best option.

I haven't read the past 2 pages of this thread so excuse me if in context with the conversation this seems rude.

But the truth of the matter is that the crew is supposed to be comprised of the 10 or 8 or whatever players who can most efficiently curb stomp every other region in crew battles, whilst keeping the crowd entertained. Efficiency of course, is the quality of greatest importance. Because It should never take more than one stomp.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
This This This This This
Well no offense but Florida has a long history of pretty much assuming they're better than just about everyone just because their top players are.

Lambchops, you, Shiz, Speedn, XIF, and Colbol are all incredibly high level players and have definitely earned the right to represent your entire region, but you can't discount insane players who perform even better under the pressure of a crew battle.

THIS.

and for emphasis...

****ing THIS!!!!

C......

Smash Apprentice
I agree with mr. Box.

IMHO
thats tru, but theyre not
hungrybox, shiz, colbol, chops (if hes still on, considering the residence), spdn (if he still plays) are the only ppl from FL that should be considered (im leavin out xif bcus i thought he was GA by now)

darkrain doesnt seem to have an opinion on it even tho his input should mean the most statistically

if dr pp and lozr arent in the crew then ur cutting the crews potential in half

pikachad, ihsb, ali, nite, iori are all extremely good and should be given a chance to represent their state

chaddd, xif, sleepyk, fullmetal, mikeG (although i dont think he would participate in a crew against NY), and myself should be considered

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Linguini is a very good player and has always done well in crews(when he's been used in regional ones), Cornel.

I'll leave the rest to everyone else, I guess.

C......

Smash Apprentice
@pp
imo
i beleive hes really good 2, just like green mario, qdvs, uuaa, rockcrock, and darksonic are all good (FLs a big place), but considering the amount of spots there looks like there are gonna be,
i think the only promised spots should be shiz, hbox, colbol, urself , lozr, chops, seeing how thats 6 and its gonna be either 8 or 10 spots in all, the last spots should be either decided at winterfest or thru a mini tourny between all alternatives b4 pound or something,

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
I Agree with that C, cause i really dont have another chance to prove myself before pound cause i cant make winterfest . . .

C......

Smash Apprentice
I Agree with that C, cause i really dont have another chance to prove myself before pound cause i cant make winterfest . . .

FL is pretty far away man, even if ur in a neighboring state

2 be honest i wanna be a part of this as much as possible but i dont even kno if i'll have enuff cash 2 go 2 winterfest or pound, so im kinda just hopin u guys make the right decision and win.

Btw nice combo vid lozr, even tho its old it still keeps me entertained:chuckle:

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
uh...

To the people considering to be in the south Crew: Much love to you all and thanks for even remembering me lol But you all have to also remember that I haven't played Melee seriously for almost 3 years. It has nothing to do with me going against my home state or anything like that(I'd gladly fight for the south if I was considered and was still active in the tourney scene) but there are other people that done alot to prove themselves in these years that should be placed over me. I'll still share my experiences from my crew battles from Fc3 and other tourneys such as giving you advice with the placement of players in the south crew etc if necessary. I would rather have the players that are currently beasting to be in the crew to accurately represent the south.

So Basically, My time was then, your time in now :)

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Linguini is a very good player and has always done well in crews(when he's been used in regional ones), Cornel.

I'll leave the rest to everyone else, I guess.
he was used at genesis also/ he's garanteed in the crews since every crew he takes madd stocks. lol im sure lozr/chaddd is gonna be in the crews dont worry about it. ihsb iori and all thsoe n1ggas will have to do something amaizng b4 pound4 cuz if not their just gonna be bench warmers. im putting myself out for now cuz im out of practice and i havent been in the mood to play

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That's what I meant when I said 'regional crews.' My bad Chops.

And dang, it sucks we won't have you on the crew. You're too good bro.

I don't have my mind made up on the crew anymore. I want DoH on it now though(I wanted him on the crew before but forgot to post it) if that helps anything haha.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
thers madd players that have better tourney placings than him or just better thna him overall though. he cud be in it if alot of those south players dont show then he's in by default. but it looks likes we already have players liek chaddd lozr qdvs rock. and that alone makes 10 players. if like 1-3 of thsose players dont show then DoH will prolly be in it by default l ol

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, I had hoped both LoZR and Chaddd would be in the crew since they would just be accepted onto it by popular opinion(I'm not sure how to phrase this better but it looks really dumb), but I think that qdvs and rock don't quite make the cut. That would leave room for DoH then.

That's just me. Maybe I'm wrong and DoH shouldn't be on there like you said. I can't say I really know either way.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Well, I had hoped both LoZR and Chaddd would be in the crew since they would just be accepted onto it by popular opinion(I'm not sure how to phrase this better but it looks really dumb), but I think that qdvs and rock don't quite make the cut. That would leave room for DoH then.

That's just me. Maybe I'm wrong and DoH shouldn't be on there like you said. I can't say I really know either way.
rock has been in all the regional crew battle and he beasted in all of them. chaddd/lozr is just better period.

Handorin

Smash Hero
So I heard spaceballs took Darkrain to the last match, almost beat him, but botched a recovery on his last stock.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Dude, Let me talk to your mom for like 20 mins. She'll change her mind, I promise :)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I said "talk" to her. c'mon man. I'm being serious here xD

Seriously, You have to go if you can, bro :(

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, I'm just used to being tricked I guess haha. =p My bad Mike G.

I'd want to be able to find someone to ride with before I took you up on that though. Twitch wouldn't go and it's a loooong drive on my own lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom