• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pre Pound 4 Crew Battle Plans(Brawl)

DJRome

Smash Hero
nah, check out starcraft

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/players/211_Jaedong

the best player only wins 67% of his games. brawl is hardly inconsistent compared to that, and starcraft's the most successful competitive game there is.
i think that takes into account losing streaks. in tournament, players win around 80% of their games, and i believe they're triple elim, if not double then. i also don't think they take into consideration their qualifying matches, only bracket. there isn't the level of dominance in starcraft as there is in smash to be sure.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
i would also venture to say
that even though smash has a fairly big scene
and a large player pool
starcraft's is by a large amount bigger
therefore you could expect even more top end players
who come up with their own unique styles and strategies
adding change to the metagame even more frequently
making it even more difficult to retain a very high win %

edit: done derailing thread, actually forgot where i was posting : /

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
1: Gnes (Diddy)/ Lee(MK/?) (split)
3: Trela (Lucario)
4: Hyro (Toon Link)
5: Reflex (PT)
5: Esca (Pit/ MK)
7: Jerm (Toon Link)
7: Cyphus (DK/ Diddy)
9: Jnig (Wario)
9: Ran Iji (Snake/ Marth)
9: kismet (Falco)
9: fakegeorge (G&W)
13: Nick (DeDeDe)
13: Arcadia (Falco)
13: Xyro (Samus)
13: NiTEZ (Diddy/ DeDeDe?)

just sayin'

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Brawl has got to be THE most inconsistent game I've ever seen in my life. It's as if Inui logic is actually accurate with it.
hmmm???? Melee finals are more chaotic than Brawl finals by far in terms of who would win, and its getting that way more and more everyday. The gap between n00b and pro is becoming larger, and the gap between pro and mango is becoming smaller. The guy who won Street Fighter 4's world championship lost in his nations tournament to a completely random player. People have bad days. If the SF4 won't prove it to you, I don't know what can.

Oh, and that SF player is also considered the BEST of all time btw.

back to Pound 4 planning.

Rayku

Smash Lord
hmmm???? Melee finals are more chaotic than Brawl finals by far in terms of who would win, and its getting that way more and more everyday. The gap between n00b and pro is becoming larger, and the gap between pro and mango is becoming smaller. The guy who won Street Fighter 4's world championship lost in his nations tournament to a completely random player. People have bad days. If the SF4 won't prove it to you, I don't know what can.

Brawl's been like this since Ally beat Mew2King for the first time.

Melee has not been like Brawl's top players until very recently.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
What? Is inconsistency in the tournament scene as a whole defined by how well M2K is doing? When's the last time you've seen Ally drop a set to anyone besides M2K? Or M2K to anyone besides Ally? They're just evenly matched.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Actually, M2K only really loses to Ally. On the other hand, Ally has had a bunch of loses to players other than M2K (MikeHaze, DEHF, Ksizzle, and ADHD just to name a few).

Wtf, why are we talking about this. This thread is supposed to be about planning to South's crew for Pound.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ahh ur right bnb. ally just does really well against mk i guess, seeing him lose to ksizzle is weird tho, when did that happen?

seibrik
co18
dojo
lee martin
gnes
razer

those are really our only proven people so far. we have tons of b tier players but those are our a tiers.

maybe list:
hylian
hyro
biglou
stingers
dphat
kismet
reflex
kosmos
utdzac

is that right?

i think bassem and/or dmg should be considered too.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol who are u? my nc people know how it is...i've beaten pyronic star, drpp...umm not a lot of people come to nc...umby a longass time ago at herb1...basically everyone in nc has lost to me lol. but really thats why i need to prove myself to you guys at pound, cuz i never go anywhere. we'll see how it goes.

why not stop with the random hate bro

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
and apparently, Stongers has a Wife named....Jennifer Stongers.

you'd have to be a beast at Brawl when you're Wife has a name like that =D

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
pyronic star is prolly the only notable win out of what you listed (unless dr pp is as **** in brawl as he is in melee but idk ****)

i'm only "hating" because of your random BS towards players who have past/RECENT accomplishments that FARrrrrrrrrrrr outweigh your own (and the fact that you're even trying to put yourself on their level)

ask for a "tryout" or w/e but don't even put yourself in the same category as...... well... anyone for now

idk why i give a **** since i prolly won't be going anyways

edit: wtf is a ROB PR voted on by the "public of the ROB forums of SWF"

w/e my boy zomb is on htere and he quit apparently and dedw8 too hahah i haven't even seen him anywhere lately

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol see like i dont know what ur talking about. what random bs? i guess about reflex? i don't think reflex should make it on the crew, ur right. tho i don't know what recent accomplishments he has so plz tell me lol. actually nvm sorry i did hear he beat dehf which is madddd impressive, i know I wouldn't beat dehf. tho then again I also didn't lose to Umby when I played him last :p.

of course, i still put him on the giant list of people cuz lots of people want him on there. i mean if they get support they should be considered, right? well i got some too so i just put myself on there. not a big deal lol

DC

Smash Cadet
Pyronic Star is a real man and nobody in Florida has any idea how to play against Olimar.

...this was over before it started.

Gmoney come to #4 so we can hit on Maryland chicks

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Gmoney come to #4 so we can hit on Maryland chicks
you may have just convinced me

there's some hot chicks in wash, DC too btw, DC (DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN 2 many DCs)

stingers, you know what you did..

lol

stingers

Smash Obsessed
raggin on zomb? dude i say **** about zomb all the time it's just funny cuz he challenges me to so many mm's. i dont mean anythin i say about that dude. i don't know the dude i can't talk **** about him.

i dont know anythin else so. get at me if theres somethin else you have a problem with

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
lol dude i'm mainly just joking

you were kinda acting high/mighty but i see you're alright

kismet2

Smash Ace
1: Gnes (Diddy)/ Lee(MK/?) (split)
3: Trela (Lucario)
4: Hyro (Toon Link)
5: Reflex (PT)
5: Esca (Pit/ MK)
7: Jerm (Toon Link)
7: Cyphus (DK/ Diddy)
9: Jnig (Wario)
9: Ran Iji (Snake/ Marth)
9: kismet (Falco)
9: fakegeorge (G&W)
13: Nick (DeDeDe)
13: Arcadia (Falco)
13: Xyro (Samus)
13: NiTEZ (Diddy/ DeDeDe?)

just sayin'
Only reason why I placed so bad is because I got annoyed after losing to Gnes and then I played Esca who camped me and then went ICs and I didn't feel like playing the matchup right, I also got footstooled for some reason and then I lost my lead so I just gave up.

just sayin'

Esca

Smash Champion
Actually, you lost to my Pit.

I then decided that I'd make it easier on myself by just going IC's. I mean, why try for a win when I can just grab you alot?

Oh, and LOL Stingers, I have more notable wins than you do. If it comes down to you getting a spot, I'll do a big MM with you for it. Pit vs Rob.

nice1

Smash Lord

you talking bout jwong? what player did he lose to? iirc every tourney hes been to lately he been dominating at except for SB4 where he lost to daigo and NCR where he lost to marn but placed 2nd at both of them. so i would like to know tha scrubs name or if u hav a vid cuz it just sounds unreal and if its jwong actually he is the best in the U.S.

Top Bottom