• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Dear Dr PeePee,

My name is Kyle. My twin brother picked up Falco not too long ago and it rejuvinated his interest in the game. With my willingness to practice dwindling, I thought I too would give Falco a try. Low and behold I found myself sitting with a max handicap .5 damage ratio bowser on FD for an hour just doing dair/nair shine over and over again for almost an hour. It was fun.

My question to you doctor is this: I want to start working on shine -> waveland on the platform -> shine for shield pressure or combos. What technique do you use for this and how would you recommend I practice this?

As well, does this look like a rash to you?

Regards,
Kyle

Haha <3 ya PeyhPeyh :p
Lol glad you're havin fun dude. =p

It's best to practice it in matches like Mogwai said, but ideally that doesn't always work out. Think about when you would use it in a match and either position the computer there in training mode to try it over and over or work on doing it mid-computer combo to get a sort of feel for the timing down that you could adjust vs people.

And yes I have cream for that. Lucky you came to me before it got much worse. You're a smart guy.

<333

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i've randomly used only joystick to pull off the entire sequence of shine (oos)->platform waveland->move in game before.

it feels pretty ballin

Lovage

Smash Hero
you can play me at RoM Oscar!

I kinda suck now though, LOL. I think I still have those gloves that are yours, but I have no idea where, lol.
LOOOOOOOL
nah dude

like a month later i found them burried in some random pocket of my backpack

but good lookin out and see you at rom!!!!

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i've randomly used only joystick to pull off the entire sequence of shine (oos)->platform waveland->move in game before.

it feels pretty ballin
i end up doing this naturally everytime i shine oos if i miss a waveshine oos.

i can't do it without joystick only.

it's usually

shine oos waveland ledge drop dair which is fun

Smedwicks

Smash Cadet
even if you think you're shooting enough lasers, you're not.

if the burden of approaching is on Samus, you'll win, if you're approaching her, you'll lose (unless one player is way better than the other, in which case this is all irrelevant).
Yeah, I had a decent amount of trouble in that match today. First it was slipping off Dream Land 64 before barely doing any damage, and then having to approach. That really can screw you over, at least from that one match experience. Do you have any advice for a Link, Mogwai? I'm pretty sure that's who I'll be facing off against in my next match, and I'm not sure how Falco fares against him (I've only been practicing with high tier characters in mind).

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
haha. the advice for vs link is basically the same, except you can actually combo him. laser camping is the easiest way to beat low tier/slow characters though, in general.

G

genkaku

I'm getting ***** by Falcon's uair and it really feels like I shouldn't be.

Niko45

Smash Master
So is it more about mixing up lasers? Cause I assume if you're shooting them low enough to cover dash attack Marth could like short hop nair approach you, right? Or is there a height that covers both of these?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah it's definitely a conscious effort to control laser height vs Marth. Typically Falcos will go for a lot of lower ones since Marth's like to stay grounded more in the matchup(with good reason), so I guess Nair'ing isn't that bad of an idea at times. I think it'll be tough to pull off sometimes though just because of the way Falco may be lasering(not giving you enough time/room to get a Nair off before the laser is shot unless you take a bigger guess).

Falcinho

Smash Ace
hey Dr.PP i just watched your gf matches against Hbox (that are on youtube)

I feel like you approached him too much from above, which almost always put you in a bad position, because Hbox' waveshield is really good.
If you get stuck getting that high (feels kinda safe) maybe you could try landing farther away from him and lasering as a mixup

I hope that makes sense

And yeah, the platform-camping i suggested earlier doesn't seem to fit your style of play so only try that if nothing else seems to work =P

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
hey Dr.PP i just watched your gf matches against Hbox (that are on youtube)

I feel like you approached him too much from above, which almost always put you in a bad position, because Hbox' waveshield is really good.
If you get stuck getting that high (feels kinda safe) maybe you could try landing farther away from him and lasering as a mixup

I hope that makes sense

And yeah, the platform-camping i suggested earlier doesn't seem to fit your style of play so only try that if nothing else seems to work =P
Well you have to attack on a different height plane from puff so I have to go high sometimes(and sometimes I'm going high to regain some control and not necessarily to attack).

I'll do the lasering mixup though, it was one of the things I noticed I needed to do as I re-watched the set today.

Edit: Yeah I suck at platform camping. =p

I'll be posting a lot of thoughts and questions in a few days once I've looked at everything thoroughly.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Well you have to attack on a different height plane from puff so I have to go high sometimes(and sometimes I'm going high to regain some control and not necessarily to attack).
(...)

I'll be posting a lot of thoughts and questions in a few days once I've looked at everything thoroughly.
True.

Keep them coming

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
u guyz make me think a lot about the game...
6 years im playing ssbm now and never managed to think the way u guyz do...

Ty peepee for this useful thread. And thank you for being what I think is the best falco ever :p

Top Bottom