• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
first, good **** PP ilu <3

second, shine grab is the best shield pressure of all time

third, should i just always u-tilt instead of shine marth during a combo. cuz i play this marth with ******** DI all the time and i can never connect shine into another d-air, regardless of percent :[
Hew yeee <3

Yeah but I hate grabbing sometimes so....lol.

Nah man, if anything, cross up Marth when you Dair him so he'll DI the shine wrongly and you can combo anyway. =p That should help some. Utilt starts being helpful around like....40%???

twitches squirtle is soooooooo good
heck no

Alright, whatever your schedule permits. But I hope you can make it!
thanks bro! =)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hey guys, held a smash tourny a few days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E48B2302FF91869F

Looking for some critique! I beat SwordSaint + Jpeg, and lose to Bacon.

PP, I am completely aware of the 'static' approaching..I dunno, I'm..working on it i guess?

I get sum sexy **** though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqyFfjL881o&p=E48B2302FF91869F

1:10 :D watch dat.

CRITIQUE?!
I'm just gonna watch your first game losing to Bacon.

0:27- Don't shield too much after whiffed aerials. Typically people tend to shield after more unsafe aerials, so maybe don't fly in right away if the aerial is kinda unsafe, or at least move off of it after you use it(sometimes).

0:30- Dair'ing to stop an approach or maybe approach with no momentum like that is no good. Get a laser out, DD some, WD forward to scare him, anything that keeps your spacing variable and maximizes your movement so that you're more likely to hit and safer when you attempt to hit.

0:39- Kinda unsure about the Uair here. Maybe if he DI'd off that would've been a good idea, but Nair'ing/Fair'ing would have pushed him over the edge for an uptilt or an Fsmash, depending on which move you used and when you used it. The point of the Dair is to push them down offstage is all I'm saying.

0:43- Walk up Bair is kinda silly lol. At least Ftilt or Nair, moves that stick out towards the opponent should they try to escape(as he did) or use as pressure.

0:44- Jab to dash attack? Why jab in the first place(though you could uptilt/shine after)? Maybe uptilt? That's still a decent combo move around that percent, I believe.

0:45- Make sure you have a plan on Falcon when he goes into the air. DD'ing isn't as good as trying to react to the way he moves. If he comes at you, then you need to either get under him and Utilt or retreat with a laser. If he retreats then you need to pressure him with lasers/aerials/grabs as he lands. Don't just laser DD out of habit though, make sure you know the purpose the DD serves! If that's too distracting then just stand there and watch lol.

0:51- Spamming combo starters is bad. After the uptilt at that range, you can't reliably pressure a shield too much, so just react to what they do(in this case, FH Bair could have *****...maybe SH Bair but I doubt it) and maybe mix in a little DD or something. Kinda up to you at that point, but just don't do that Dair lol. XD

then you keep hitting him with Dairs/trying to hit him with Dairs- just Nair him off lol. Dair'ing is bad now since it won't really combo, so just shoot for the edgeguard since his % is higher anyway.

1:19- Maybe go for an Fsmash or a Dair? You set up the bait well, you just gotta capitalize harder on it.

1:40- If no one jumps into that Fsmash anymore, then you should just grab the edge. I'm gonna start doing that some now after watching that anyway. =p

2:04- You reacted to the roll, so why not Fsmash? Keeps him from saving himself with CC like that.

2:12- Don't go for a punish you know you don't have anymore. Just try to grab him again or set up some more pressure instead of thinking you can get away with something like a dash attack somehow.

Eh, I'm gonna stop this right here and say that what I'm seeing your glaring problem is, aside from a little tech, that you're too stuck on some typical Falco patterns(Dair shine Dair....laser DD in the same way every time.....shine laser shine....etc) and need to focus more on playing fluidly, like reacting to what he's doing the way you really want to instead of what you've kind of seen is the best way to do it.

That might not have made sense, but the best thing I can tell you at the moment is to just watch out for patterns in your game, and watch these videos and yourself when you play and see if you can notice it so you can start to work on some of them.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
No it made plenty of sense, I have a perfect idea of what you're talking about. I do feel sometimes I work alot more off of myself over the opponent, that's probably why I'm known as the most aggro falco in our area.

I gurantee these tips are gonna come into play next week during smash. The other tips also made sense, especially the 'going for things when it's too late to capitalize' situations. Oh and also the high dairs that I've been doing instead of nairs/bairs in those situations.

But, on a better note, our monthly was yesterday and I did awesome :D I beat our best player who's oldschool good, SK92, falco. He's been keeping up with us even without practicing really often.

Then of course I get to grand finals just to play hugs....sigh.

Such a beast.

Got any quick, general samus advice? I'm aware my aerials need to hit the shield pretty late more often than not[to avoid upb-oos], but I don't know **** else about this matchup.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
No it made plenty of sense, I have a perfect idea of what you're talking about. I do feel sometimes I work alot more off of myself over the opponent, that's probably why I'm known as the most aggro falco in our area.

I gurantee these tips are gonna come into play next week during smash. The other tips also made sense, especially the 'going for things when it's too late to capitalize' situations. Oh and also the high dairs that I've been doing instead of nairs/bairs in those situations.

But, on a better note, our monthly was yesterday and I did awesome :D I beat our best player who's oldschool good, SK92, falco. He's been keeping up with us even without practicing really often.

Then of course I get to grand finals just to play hugs....sigh.

Such a beast.

Got any quick, general samus advice? I'm aware my aerials need to hit the shield pretty late more often than not[to avoid upb-oos], but I don't know **** else about this matchup.
Well good stuff man!

Try not to hit her shield too much, and maybe as she's WD'ing/trying to hit you. Also don't go crazy going for combos because Samus is gay like that.

grab samus alot.
Yeah sure why not

pp have yu played hugs?
Yes and I realized Samus is

:bee:

bahahahahahahaha
SHUT UP DJ LOOOOOOOOOL GAH DANG IT

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yes but they like having a legacy with one name.

Also I heard it'd be hard/weird getting to the later books anyway.

Also Genesis had a deeper significance initially I think?

Also why is that here lol

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
someone should teach me how to drunkflaco.
lol ruby, the vids are fun and all, but why bother? your clearly stating your not playing in your normal smash state, so chances are your gonna get lessons on how not to play drunk :bee:

this coke i'm drinking has a slight 'food' taste to it. i can't grasp it, but it's weird.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
my roommates are alcoholics. I expect to be playing drunk, alot. Why not learn how to drunkflaco whilst i'm at it?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Cort's Marth. <3

Seriously back then someone could have put M2K instead of Cort and MOST players would have believed it.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
IMO you should work on your edgeguarda bit.
When the other falco recovers with overB slightly above the ledge and you interrupt him with a laser you can react to another overB with a sh nair /turnaround bair or a dsmash if he goes for the ledge.

During your combos and your techchases you sometimes could have chosen better moves (like utilt instead of shine in some situations) to keep them going.

A bit of Mogwai advise is always good so make sure you don't escape over the platforms that much when you lose a laser battle and try to get laser control (reflect his lasers with shine/powershield or shoot a well timed laser when he hesitates.

I also felt like you sometimes wanted to get in hits very badly which either resulted in you hitting him out of stuff or you getting hit and you DIing it poorly.

I'm really tired right now so if i posted bull**** let me know :awesome:

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Yes but they like having a legacy with one name.

Also I heard it'd be hard/weird getting to the later books anyway.

Also Genesis had a deeper significance initially I think?

Also why is that here lol
lol i know it was a joke. and it's here cause ilke 4 pages ago someone was talking about genesis 2 but i figured this thread is laid back enough to say it now.

okay. so. i've basically completely stopped spot dodging. my friend's marth tore me up for a few weeks partly by ****** all my spot dodges, because i was spot dodging out of fear instead of because i knew what i was doing.

but i know that spot dodging, like everything else, has its uses.

so. when do you spot dodge? and dont say something true but useless like 'when your opponent is going to grab,' does anyone have any sort of advice for how to implement them into your game effectively? how do I know when my opponent is going to grab and isn't just going to fake a grab to bait the dodge? what other times are they good?

Jake13

Smash Lord
spot dodge works really well when your opponent is coming down from above. let's say another falco double jump dairs you; you spot dodge the attack FROM SHIELDING and most of the time it will mess up their l-cancel timing (cuz they think they are going to hit your shield so they plan on a later l-cancel for shield pressure shiz), then you can get a free shiine/grab/utilt/creative stuff. it really comes in handy with the double jump approach tho because you know there is no where they can go other than straight down to you.

i prefer play without spot dodges just because i think they're pretty useless since they're so easy to punish. plus they make you look scared/not in control. but then again i also don't like to shield unless i HAVE to because i think it looks bad lol

but goddamn i spot dodge so much do to shining out of shield too fast its ******** -_-

Edit: watch the seet trahh just posted. sk92 does some crucial spot dodging in the 2nd and 3rd matches.

oh and trahhh: i watched your set v sk92, entertaining! you always go for the shine to waveland on platforms when he is above you and tho the reward is good, when you miss or something goes wrong you get ****ed. try switching it up. same goes for the laser camping on platforms, don't ALWAYS drop down with a laser when coming at him. srsly tho i like your falco, keep up the good work. and sk92 has that old skool stuff going for him chyeahhhh

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
why not just angle my shield up and shine OoS? that way if they do somethign like waveland backwards I'm not completely dead.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
It's all a guessing/prediction game based on how you look at it.

They can see you angle your shield upwards, and delay their aerial to match that. If you spot dodge, they might just bait that by landing and doing nothing. Then they get a free shine.

Technically speaking the best way to beat it is to wait for them to do anything, and then buffer a jump OoS into a frame perfect shine... =P

Being realistic, it'll depend entirely; in that situation it just depends.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
clearly

but if they spotdodge to beat the normal aerial timing, delayed aerial beats it.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I thought that didn't work?

I'm kinda confused all-around right now. I thought you retied? Don't get me wrong it's **** if you didn't, but I'm just confused.

Also, aren't we supposed to be like, competing against each other? Isn't it weird to help each other then?

this is really awkward...

Top Bottom