• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
kinda random... but i wanna have my secondary falco ready by apex... (i'm going Yoshi) but gotta be ready for those tough MU's) anyone willing to help my bird out... ^^

vs m2k - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wm3_iu78PU&feature=youtu.be

matches are a lil old... last time i played Falco was at NYTE, I mainly uploaded this for advice/critique etc... I know my falcos bad and outta whack etc.. but hopefully you all can help me out.. ^^

<3

thanks everyone

EDIT: West was nice/cool to me.. why does everyone hate on him.. he was VERY nice to me actually.. :( I respect him alot

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
West is one of the most obnoxious players I've ever had the displeasure to meet.

The fact that he's really good is that more annoying.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I love how Westballz can come in here, john his *** off (like he does EVERY time, cause he ALWAYS has a bad controller and is NEVER playing well), and this community shows him nothing but love cause he double shine airdodges down shield pressure and does cool looking things (It's JUST FALCO PEOPLE). These are the types of players people love and support, and it comes as no shock to me, now, that other fighting games don't treat us as a competitive entity. We aren't.

Most people, if they truly think they should've won, will shut up and prove it. But we just whine these days. It's beyond pitiful.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
:( I understand the johns part here/there etc...

I was just saying in general to me PERSONALLY.. Wes hasn't treated me bad in any kind of way.. even when we played... no johns.. or anything... just to me personally he was cool..

sorry if I offended anyone :(

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
You didn't offend anyone (at least not me). Just sparked something. Don't worry, Vman. :)

leffen

Smash Champion
It's not the fact that the johns were wrong/false, its more a case of him showcasing some extremely bad sportsmanship.

Although, please those johns are extremely fraudulent lmao.

Van.

Smash Ace
kinda random... but i wanna have my secondary falco ready by apex... (i'm going Yoshi) but gotta be ready for those tough MU's) anyone willing to help my bird out... ^^

vs m2k - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wm3_iu78PU&feature=youtu.be

matches are a lil old... last time i played Falco was at NYTE, I mainly uploaded this for advice/critique etc... I know my falcos bad and outta whack etc.. but hopefully you all can help me out.. ^^

<3

thanks everyone

EDIT: West was nice/cool to me.. why does everyone hate on him.. he was VERY nice to me actually.. :( I respect him alot
but see, i'm pretty sure he didn't say anything in person to frootloop either (most ppl are scared of real life interactions), then he gets on the internet and starts gettin loud

if you had beaten him, i'm sure he would have disrespected you online, just like he has frootloop and every AZ player he's ever lost to lmao

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
pp do you think you would be better, worse, or the same skill level if you lived near and played with another top player before you became a national level player
And then stopped playing with them afterward? What an interesting hypothetical....

I would be basing much of my learning process and skills off of that top player's or a counter-reaction to their skills(training partners often develop opposing skillsets I have noticed), so I'd be an extremely different-looking player no doubt. If I had constant access to them, I'm guessing I'd prrrrrobably be better than I am now due to motivation and competition.

However, I've learned so much and taught myself so well on my own that I can train on basically scrubs and mid level players fairly well so long as I supplement it with appropriate training on my own and theory work(by myself, or with other people).

I would be worse only if I couldn't understand the top player and couldn't record us playing, which I can.

I would be the same if.....well I don't know since consistency is already somewhat variable, but I guess it's possible that with a player like M2K my improvement may flatline because M2K plays the game more than the player and we may just get to a point where we couldn't push farther based on our training together or something.

I'd be better if I could talk theory/strategy with that top player in addition to playing them often, I'm pretty positive.

ugh this was such a ramble LOL ask me about a specific part of this or just to go on if it's kinda confusing or not filled out enough.

PP is much, much better than me, but I would argue that I know a little more about the peach match up than him. Especially when I watch the dumb decisions he makes sometimes, and when he gets defensive when i point them out. x_x
What do you know that I do not?

I do not recall getting defensive, but I apologize if I did. Sooooooo sup with Peach knowledge?

Wanna help me drink this whole vat of chocolate syrup?
Can we drink it from the inside out?

Doesn't change the fact that pp makes dumb decisions vs peach, even if he disagrees with me.
I'll never claim perfect decision-making skills ever, ESPECIALLY against a character I rarely fight <.<

Again, sup with Peach knowledge?

Dance puppets, dance!
settle down kids.
these last two quote LMAOOO

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
if you had beaten him, i'm sure he would have disrespected you online, just like he has frootloop and every AZ player he's ever lost to lmao
westballz hasn't really been that disrespectful to az players in particular when he's lost to them (he's lost to wobbles, axe, taj, light, and silly kyle)

there's only been like, one incident with silly kyle, and i think a lot of people misunderstand that case. whenever he lost to silly kyle, kyle started being really obnoxious in celebration, and i think that's what wes was unhappy with and why wes didn't shake his hand.

if you've met silly kyle, you would know that he displays some of the worst sportsmanship in the smash community (i.e. he is outwardly a bad person when it comes to competition. he's a showboat when he wins, regardless of how fraudulent it is, and he makes excuses, rages, and complains whenever he loses. SURE, at the end of the day, he'll be a decent human being and show respect for his opponent, but what i'm trying to say is i think he acts really self-entitled and inconsiderate to his opponents), and i don't really blame wes that much for acting how he did in that situation.

i don't really care that much how weston acts when losing to other people, but i just wanted to clear up that one point.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
wes seems cool. he wears a hood when he plays. i approve.

PP knows why the things he does works. that dudes theories are mindboggling.

kage vs wes is interesting. the question becomes whether wes can acquire and break in this new controller before rom.

never forget, a player is only as good as his biggest "john" that day. i find it odd of the general distaste of controller johns as if you falco's don't care about your buttons.

i'm interested in mizuki peach knowledge.

Van.

Smash Ace
i think he was justified in not shaking hands too, yelling yeah ***** after a cheesy win is definently not respectful, and theres no point in going out of your way to acknowledge someone who's like that

but theres a difference between not shaking hands and then talking **** on the internet. He was especially disrespectful to kyle, but i also remember him calling light and kyle "****ty peaches", and saying he could have beaten them if he'd wanted to. I didn't know he'd lost to the other three, so maybe this is an outlier rather than the norm.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well I'm always ready, I don't give a **** what type of excuse someone gives.. such a waste of breath. At the end of the day, there's only one winner and I will take it, simple!

WestBallz

Smash Ace
Rofl kage your not even worthy of my falco. Ill just go falcon on u and take ur lunch money. And how is breaking my controller a john? its just the truth and thats the reason i couldn't play to my potential. Simple as that.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Rofl kage your not even worthy of my falco. Ill just go falcon on u and take ur lunch money. And how is breaking my controller a john? its just the truth and thats the reason i couldn't play to my potential. Simple as that.
If you really think you can beat me with Falcon, you are dreaming.. I'll just take Falco (Or any other alts) and beat your Falcon for free. I don't even need Ganon.

D

Deleted member

Johns are johns though.
I think the "no johns" mentality pushes a lot of people away. it essentially lets you deny reality or bypass any mental mediation to simply dismiss something. the inherent stupidity behind it is certainly a part of our community, but i could understand if it also alienated potential new players.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Never mind. This is a silly discussion.

But there is a difference between "I'm just going to ignore everything that happened and how I could've done things differently/what tripped me up because 'no johns,' " and acknowledging that you were bested, and that if there was some occurrence that made you lose, it was your fault that you didn't account for the eventuality, and so complaining about it does nothing but disrespect your opponent and take your mind off of the actual issue of WHY you lost.

But what do I know.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Ahaha, you people... :D

Kage and Westballs claiming to beat each others mains with their secondaries sounds fun. You should go ahead and do that :p

Also: Controller johns can be really legit, I've had one that literally went from perfectly fine to unplayable in a few friendlies ... "everything works just as it should" > "huh, I surely did move the stick before hitting b... whatever, probably just me screwing up" > "wait lol, I'm not even inputting anything and my character moves. Lemme recalibrate real quick. Character still moves, I'll go get a spare controller" :D). And playing with a unfamiliar controller can be pretty annoying :( (I personally don't mind that much... Guess if you give me three or four hours to get familiar with one that's working fine, I wouldn't have a reason to bring it up anymore. But I can easily see why people do care).
But yeah, excessive johns are stupid. If "something" is wrong every time you play in tourney, chances are you are just not that good after all.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
West, for your double shine airdodge shieldpressure, do you use X, Y, or control stick?

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
The real reality is that west is an obnoxious cocky douche, but if that's the kind of person you guys like, that's on you.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ahaha, you people... :D

Kage and Westballs claiming to beat each others mains with their secondaries sounds fun. You should go ahead and do that :p
I'm sorry.. but I think I got off to a bad start.

He wants to talk about worthiness when he can't even get Top 5 with Falco when I can get Top 5 with Ganon consistently.. how can you talk about being worthy when you see it like this? In the end all he has is controller johns.

Bones0

Smash Legend

He wants to talk about worthiness when he can't even get Top 5 with Falco when I can get Top 5 with Ganon consistently.. how can you talk about being worthy when you see it like this? In the end all he has is controller johns.
Woah there...

Xyzz

Smash Champion

Neither of you is "worth" more than anybody else for being good (ok, super amazing, I will give you that) at a video game ;)

Also: Doing great with Ganon is a good bit more impressive than doing it with Falco... Doesn't matter at all how you do it, though. I don't care if you style your way there with a Falcon, or play only Pichu to show them that low tier is just a word used by people who haven't learned about the new meta, or throw out bairs till your opponent has nightmares about pink marshmallows haunting him, in the end it's all about results :D (although there are things I enjoy watching a great deal more than others ... both of you are fun to watch, actually. I love technical Falcos, and watching matches of not so commonly seen characters is super entertaining as well (unless they're like Pichu and can't do nothing but nairs lol).
Oh and in the end, if you have the warm, fuzzy feeling of placing well (or better than somebody), or taking his lunch money in a MM, he can John (legitimately or not) all he like, can't he? :D

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I believe he would prefer to be referred to as "the warrior" ;)

West, for your double shine airdodge shieldpressure, do you use X, Y, or control stick?
Unless he is some kind of robotic being he is not going to do jump with the control stick for double shines. Therefore it's pretty safe to assume he's using y, because x just asks to get tangled up by the a button ;)

Top Bottom