• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
How do you always know the right time to charge in with an aerial? Is there some sort of magic number for how many lasers you should shoot before approaching with a SHFFL?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I mean that's kinda up to the Ganon.

Some of them might be more stubborn with jabs or tilts after taking lasers, and some will immediately start to jump when hit.

Then you have obvious shield mixups that are weird and you kinda have to deal with for each Ganon too.

It all mixes up too so this is where reading/experience count.

Edit: This will make more sense when I write the guide, promise. lol

unknown522

Some guy
I would give some advice, but I think I would need to play vs linguini more with falco. My experience comes from kage and 1 friendly with linguini.

I also think that kage really needs to work on that matchup (easier said than done).

All I can really say, is that double shine is even more amazing on ganon players. They usually try to shield-grab when being pressured.

NeutralDamage

Smash Journeyman
What exaclty does "stale" mean?
Offtopic:

Just curious about your nickname, are you the same person as the one who made an account Lahtios(doesn't exist anymore but did a couple of days before)? Atleast it says you're exactly from the same place. Nothing special here yet, but that Lahtios guy's avatar was the insignia of my former home town Lahti, from Finland where I live *_*. It can not be just a coincidence that his/yours nickname was Lahtios, and your/his avatar was my home town's insignia. And in your profile you(and he) said your from Canada, so it's just a little weird since Canada does very little to do with Finland *_*. Do you have some ties to Finland and to Lahti or are you really from Finland or that area?

/Endofofftopic

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Moves get stale everytime you hit with them, they get weaker in knockback + damage dealt.

nope. they don't get weaker in knockback. this is a common myth. knock back is decided based on ending percentage, not starting percentage.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
sure, but they effectively get weaker in knockback because of what you just said, if only by a little.
sort of. but if you say they get weaker in knockback you'd have to specify that moves like shine don't, whereas if you say it the way I did, it's less ambiguous.

omnibus2

Smash Cadet
Moves only stale when they hit something.
Whoaaa really? Cool.
Will spamming a jab clear up previous stale moves? Like right before your opponent respawns, would spamming a useless move help?

Also a question for Dr. Peepee: How exactly do you do the dair shine combo? I try it on my opponent fox but he ends up teching and escaping it. Does it consist of short hopping and wavedashing? Thanks.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Whoaaa really? Cool.
Will spamming a jab clear up previous stale moves? Like right before your opponent respawns, would spamming a useless move help?

Also a question for Dr. Peepee: How exactly do you do the dair shine combo? I try it on my opponent fox but he ends up teching and escaping it. Does it consist of short hopping and wavedashing? Thanks.
Dair shine works until you try to Dair someone who has more than....36% I believe. After that point they can tech and your combo will end. Instead, shine again or uptilt after the last shine in that combo to keep it going.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
My head just exploded from the info on the last three pages of this thread. I love the space animal forums. I completely forgot about stale moves. Did someone say that fox's shine is immune to getting stale, though? how does that work? Same question for falco's.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
My head just exploded from the info on the last three pages of this thread. I love the space animal forums. I completely forgot about stale moves. Did someone say that fox's shine is immune to getting stale, though? how does that work? Same question for falco's.
fox's shine is not immune to getting stale. people just don't understand stale moves. it will just do less percent when it lands, but since it has fixed knockback, the knockback is unaffected. it is not affected by stale moves or by % or anything.

falco's shine is affected by stale moves. when your opponent misses a tech and you hit them with a staled shine, they go into that weird floaty animation, because at that point shine is a move that hits someone off the ground while doing less that 7% damage. magus made a very informative post about this once.

Bonsai

Smash Cadet
I have some questions about fighting Falco in dittos, dunno if it's been discussed before.
what's a good counter against LHDL? Only ones i know are standing on the platform above and then dropping down with an aerial after the second laser, and spamming jab so you jab him after the second lazor (but you eat the lasers). also, if they shoot the first laser high, how do you punish that? dash attack or something?

and I'd like to know good ways to get around lasers, and out of laser grabs. Thanks :D

X1-12

Smash Champion
CC -> F-tilt or maybe d-smash or something

it gays them as they've used thier doublejump

or you can jump -> waveland on platform then drop down and d-air them out of it

also CC-> grab, don't pummel or anything and wait for them the escape, they fall off but DON't retain thier doublejump which makes them go wtf? since most people don't know about it

Sion

Island of Horizon
shielding the first laser then shine bairing after that works

as for working around a laser game, the only advice i can give you is play against lasers a lot. get used to the stun of lasers etc

unknown522

Some guy
I have some questions about fighting Falco in dittos, dunno if it's been discussed before.
what's a good counter against LHDL? Only ones i know are standing on the platform above and then dropping down with an aerial after the second laser, and spamming jab so you jab him after the second lazor (but you eat the lasers). also, if they shoot the first laser high, how do you punish that? dash attack or something?

and I'd like to know good ways to get around lasers, and out of laser grabs. Thanks :D
you can take the first laser, then shine him. Just like fox can. If you anticipate the lasers, then you can do a quick DJ, then b-air/d-air him.

If he shoots it high, then walk under and u-tilt him. When you're up close, the second laser will miss you. Don't be afraid.

If they're outside of your range, like they should be then I dunno what you can do to stop the lasers.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm aware I'm gay.

I just felt you should know I think you're gay too. <3

Anyway, I.B is gayer than both of us. He spends so much time in the shower and he doesn't even have hair.

Come to think of it, neither do you...

When do I see you again, btw? Tuesday is still go, right?

Bonsai

Smash Cadet
thanks X1, sion and unknown.
the cc grab release trick sounds pretty good, gonna try it out

LushLahti

Smash Cadet
Offtopic:

Just curious about your nickname, are you the same person as the one who made an account Lahtios(doesn't exist anymore but did a couple of days before)? Atleast it says you're exactly from the same place. Nothing special here yet, but that Lahtios guy's avatar was the insignia of my former home town Lahti, from Finland where I live *_*. It can not be just a coincidence that his/yours nickname was Lahtios, and your/his avatar was my home town's insignia. And in your profile you(and he) said your from Canada, so it's just a little weird since Canada does very little to do with Finland *_*. Do you have some ties to Finland and to Lahti or are you really from Finland or that area?

/Endofofftopic
Yo I got like 7 accounts haha.

My family is of Finnish origin, but I'm Canadian, and my last name is Lahti which is here is a pretty common name out there?

unknown522

Some guy

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
play peach
hold down
????
profit!

they're somewhere in this thread. I'll find it.

edit:

vs IB: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10777670&postcount=1623

I forgot that the ones vs KK is on justintv, so the playrate kinda sucks. I dunno if you still would want to see that. It's watchable, but not good.

http://www.justin.tv/magicsauc3/b/265209655 from 13:35 - end
I watched the marth matches, but they weren't what I was looking for. The only thing I was really able to get out of this is further proof that I need to stop challenging marths upward priority. i'm too used to fighting falco/fox lolol.

Another thing that kept irking me is that I'm used to being atop of a platform in stun equaling a stock-loss. ib was missing far too many exceptionally easy juggles/kills. ib is a better player than the marths im used to playing against, but, again, i'm just used to losing a stock if i'm atop of a platform and marth has momentum.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hey Falco players, uhhh.. hehe, As a Falco player, can I have everyone watch me play Yoshi again vs a Falco?? hehe, the Yoshi forums are sooo dead, and i'd like some help..

PP, Falco players, ANYBODY?? I'd love you all forever... and I promise this time to put up some Falco dittos and at least do that... but umm here.. hehe <3333 Falco Forums <333333

hey guys I got three more vs Axe... Hope you all like! ^^

Vs Axe Falco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvvYeR6sJ6Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSNtpGIaYRM

Vs Axe Pikachu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ700wfBWoA

Comment, critique, insult XD, lol you know the drill..

I'm trying to be less aggressive, and I have like a teeny tiny bit...but playin defensive just might not be my thing.... I'm gonna see if I can develop a way where I can keep my aggressiveness combined with making smart choices etc.. ^^

Allrite thanks everyone! <3

unknown522

Some guy
I'm not sure I'm sexually attracted to you now.

The beard was a big part of it.

The other half was that you're black.

I guess I can persevere...
no comment.

I watched the marth matches, but they weren't what I was looking for. The only thing I was really able to get out of this is further proof that I need to stop challenging marths upward priority. i'm too used to fighting falco/fox lolol.

Another thing that kept irking me is that I'm used to being atop of a platform in stun equaling a stock-loss. ib was missing far too many exceptionally easy juggles/kills. ib is a better player than the marths im used to playing against, but, again, i'm just used to losing a stock if i'm atop of a platform and marth has momentum.
I'm used to that too. But we both made our share of mistakes.

Top Bottom