• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Powershield Jab, baby. And look what I did here.. LOL.. I meant no harm to anyone, I just want to help in a way I think is right. I don't take any of my sayings or quotes through a movie or anime, this is straight up experience for me.. and I think people would benefit from that. It's a way to improve on your outlook on life.

D

Deleted member

people that tech roll back toward ganon get hurt a lot.

more falcos should abuse ganon's bad recovery with edge hog > ledge hop > dsmash tip.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
For example, if you think things get boring. It's probably because you took it for granted. A tree isn't a tree, that's just what we labeled it. See how instantly the tree becomes a simple thing not worth looking at? If you want to appreciate what's in front of you then you gotta let go of to the definition of it. The act of definition itself limits the actual being itself to release some of the beauty of life, some of the categorization and definition must be left behind. (Thx Chris =P) Do you want to know why I like Ganon so much? That's exactly it.. lol, it's so simple but I always love it even after 5 years... Just everything, Punching people, the sound.. etc. Lots of different things.. lol. =P

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
a month ago, this was my favorite thread.

whoever made it their goal to ruin that for me deserves a gold medal.

edit: **** everyone else. kage, i like your posts.

EWC

Smash Ace
Kage your posts usually make no sense and are really hard to read when they do just because you word things so awkwardly. I also love you never stop.

Walt

Smash Ace
40 posts per page is the only way to go.

I skipped reading like 80% of this BS.

Everyone kill yourself.

D

Deleted member

There are some people where I'm never sure if they're serious or just trolling, and Kage's one of them. I do agree with Crush that no matter how I look at it, some of the things he says just have no relevance LOL.
im 100% sure kages just that stupid

or he might be the greatest troll of all time

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i wouldn't mind kage's posts if they were insightful or taught me something about the game
it's just every single time it's the same "I'm a warrior! I do this and that!" stuff and it gets old... nothin against you kage you're cool but really

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
most of kage's posts aren't even about him. they're generally about the mindset of persevering, not giving up, and being headstrong about whatever goals you may have for the sole point of achieving them. they don't necessarily end up relevant to every conversation, but i don't really see how "work hard -> achieve goals" is such a ******** concept.

*shrug* guess it's a west coast thing.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lol. i never said i agree or subscribe to everything (or anything) kage says. i find a lot of his views to be idealistic and somewhat elementary in a way, but they hold value in his eyes, and i respect that. but i guess for being open minded enough to understand what kage is saying makes me stupid.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So, I think that there should be a shield pressure guide, or something, so that scrubs like myself can understand it better...

crush

Smash Master
stop with the pointless spam. I will keep giving you infractions for it. This used to be a useful thread. I would like it to go back to being that.
Sorry wasn't trying to make pointless spam I was directing it towards you trying to say "no worries" when you said "im watching you"

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well, I'm interested in it from both sides, really. As someone who wants to pressure shields and as someone who wants to escape it, and I've been thinking about it lately, and realized that I really don't know what it is. Like, when is it good to initiate pressure (if you see them shielding), and when is it good to go for a grab?

And I'm not someone who has a mind for frames and frame data, so I wouldn't be able to know how to string effective hits together to keep them in shield stun for the longest possible time. I apologize; this is all vague, but shield pressure for Fox or Falco is very vague to me.

EDIT: Like, I saw Mango's Fox, and said, "Wow, that's really impressive. I want to do that." But it seems so complex...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
generally speaking while pillaring, you need to mix up delayed aerial and instant aerial so they can't count on shieldgrab timing.

on the other end, just try to learn their pillar pattern and shieldgrab when there's an opening/buffer a roll/shield DI away.

Mango's shield pressure is always like 2 steps ahead of the metagame. By the time you learn his shield pressure he's already changed it so people can't learn it and beat him :/

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't really see how that's relevant to the discussion. We weren't discussing why Mango is good or who the best player was; we were discussing shield pressure.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I remeber Mango saying on his podcast that theirs different timing during his shield pressure he would zone his opponents. And that he would delay it.

Their was a match ( I cant remember) when mango would approach with a nair>shine>nair(the usual) then as soon as the opponent moves their sheild slighty, he would fall back nair (only leaving the hitbox touch their shield) then fsmash.

Top Bottom