• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
All you gatta do is grab Armada. Theirs a lot vids where i see armada holds his shield, the opponent aerials and gets nair oos for it. Honestly, I was watching over the first Genesis when Mango got back his confidence in game 2.5 and their was a lot of times when Armada would hold his shield and Mango would punish him by grabbing.

Europeans play styles are defensive. Grab a lot and you'll be surprised how well your playing.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Sinji honestly has no idea what he's talking about. It sounds plenty reasonable, but is in fact completely baseless.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i like when people talk about armada like they play him all the time.
he's on a level i never thought possible with peach.

i just watched g2 grand finals.

if mango's fox played it a LITTLE less aggressive, who knows how that would've played out.
mango's momentum was what made him look so godly, so maybe he didn't wanna give that up and play at armada's pace.

i want to see a john free PP play them both in that kind of environment.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Anyone know the current status of Mango? Like, is he going tryhard all the time now, or is he back to sandbagging? And how does he feel about not winning Genesis 2?
Let's hope he goes back to being the Hugh Hefner that he is (tryhard winning all the time Mango) and that his loss at G2 should be considered motivation.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
All you gatta do is grab Armada. Theirs a lot vids where i see armada holds his shield, the opponent aerials and gets nair oos for it. Honestly, I was watching over the first Genesis when Mango got back his confidence in game 2.5 and their was a lot of times when Armada would hold his shield and Mango would punish him by grabbing.

Europeans play styles are defensive. Grab a lot and you'll be surprised how well your playing.
Sinji honestly has no idea what he's talking about. It sounds plenty reasonable, but is in fact completely baseless.
For once i actually agree with Sinji. Armada is free to tomahawk grabs. There was a point in his set vs mango when mango tomahawk grabs the back of his shield and goes for upthrow upair but armada sdi's it, and then literally 2 seconds later mango just redoes it and kills him.

Armada is so comfortable in his shield, mixing in a ton of empty hop grabs would probbably be way better that constantly eating nairs and bairs OOS. its too bad falco's grab game isn't as good as fox's.

not saying armada wouldn't/couldn't adjust

crush

Smash Master
you guys gotta keep in mind that you cant just keep on grabbing armada

armada is the king of campbells chicken noodle adaptability so obviously he wont keep getting grabbed

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
What these guys said vvvvv

tomahawk grabs.
mixing in a ton of empty hop grabs would probbably be way better that constantly eating nairs and bairs OOS.
its too bad falco's grab game isn't as good as fox's.

not saying armada wouldn't/couldn't adjust
AKA Grab More

you guys gotta keep in mind that you cant just keep on grabbing armada

armada is the king of campbells chicken noodle adaptability so obviously he wont keep getting grabbed
He won't keep getting... ANYTHING! lol
It's just as good an option as all the others though, adjusting or not, it's a good option too. ;)

shield is arguably the best aggressive approach there is... fuse it with a baited attacking approach. :D
Air approach without aerial > shield.
AKA Grab More

All you gatta do is grab
punish by grabbing.
Grab a lot and you'll be surprised how well your playing.
AKA Grab More

the masked fighter is wise beyond her years
lol

mango's momentum was what made him look so godly, so maybe he didn't wanna give that up and play at armada's pace.

i want to see a john free PP play them both in that kind of environment.
Count the number of times he approaches with shield, and how sexy it is. ;)
It's Fox sure, but you can do that stuff with Falco npnp

G

genkaku

sometimes when I put a really specific angle in (something like 10 degrees) for my upB it will come out as a horizontal and I die.
Why?

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA
well you have just had one tournament where you can tomahawk grab armada

that tournament is now past. have fun doing it again, ever

EDIT: relying on it, i mean. sure you can do it, but its not the answer. I dont think there is an "answer" to beating armada, stop trying to make it so easy.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Armada has crazy reaction time and spacing. Whenever I tried getting a grab like that, I got naired out of shield.. You have to stop being dumb and do things when it counts that's all.. That's all but you gotta be ****ing good. =)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
when you find something to exploit in armada's game, he just fixes it mid set.

universal adapter.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Sorry Kage, I am afraid the concept of "mix-ups" is far and beyond the vast majority of SWF members.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
he did better than everyone posting in this thread recently would have

cept brookman, of course.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
question...you know how if you hit a fox's up B with a weak down air with falco, the fox gets spiked and the falco gets hit and lives?

is this reliable enough to go for every time?

it would be a 100% kill every time if it worked

JPOBS

Smash Hero
how do you consistently get the weak dair trade?

I would go for it all the time if I knew how to do it on purpose cuz it lets you go way out and cover angles that you normally can't. But idk how to do it reliably lol

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Weak dair trade? Usually the way you can do it is actually with a strong dair by just delaying it so that your dair hitbox comes out as fox is like...inside your feet essentially. I'm pretty sure thats how it works anyway; fox is just close enough to hit you right as your dair hitbox comes out, play around with that.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
question...you know how if you hit a fox's up B with a weak down air with falco, the fox gets spiked and the falco gets hit and lives?

is this reliable enough to go for every time?

it would be a 100% kill every time if it worked
Even if we started doing this the Foxes would just start upBing down to their death when they see us jumping down and we would die.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
when you find something to exploit in armada's game, he just fixes it mid set.

universal adapter.
and you can see it even in the link they posted. After it happened, the rest of the game whenever mango approached armada's shield from the air, Armada ALWAYS moved out of his shield with either a nair or jump back or wd back oos.

catching armada stationary in his sheild is hard as ****, so good lukc relying on that tomohawk ****

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
mix-up during pressure moments.
This^
Kind of a redundant universal rule to absolutely 100% everything in smash, but never forget it.

how do you consistently get the weak dair trade?

I would go for it all the time if I knew how to do it on purpose cuz it lets you go way out and cover angles that you normally can't. But idk how to do it reliably lol
Are you talking about edgeguarding or what?
Walk off the stage, DJ back Dair?
When you say you normally can't get it 'reliably' then it's probably just a timing/spacing thing that you could experiment on (even against a cpu) to figure it out... ? :D

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Are you talking about edgeguarding or what?
Walk off the stage, DJ back Dair?
When you say you normally can't get it 'reliably' then it's probably just a timing/spacing thing that you could experiment on (even against a cpu) to figure it out... ? :D
Yea I'm talking about edgeguarding. There are those angles and distances where a normal run off DJ dair or ledgehop dair or something will miss so you might as well just try doing something else.

but getting a dair to trade works wonders because you can go further out, spike them, then still recover with firebird.

I've done it lots on accident, I'll probably toy with it some later and figure out exactly how to do it all the time cuz I think it could be useful.

EWC

Smash Ace
Just try going for a lot of suicide dair kills in friendlies and see if you can figure out the timing/spacing that way. I find it usually happens to me when I go for a fast fall suicide dair, so it's probably just as DruggedFox said; It's just when the hitbox comes out as the flames are already inside your feet.

Oskar

Smash Cadet
While on the topic of empty hop grabs, does anyone know why pressing z right after landing will sometimes result in a jab instead of a grab? I tried screwing around with it a bit in training and I can't really seem to reproduce it consistenly. It just seems to randomly happen from time to time.

Not that it's really a big deal or anything since I've gotten into the habbit of pretty much always jump canceling my grabs, but I'd be interested to know what causes this.

NamiNami

Smash Apprentice
While on the topic of empty hop grabs, does anyone know why pressing z right after landing will sometimes result in a jab instead of a grab? I tried screwing around with it a bit in training and I can't really seem to reproduce it consistenly. It just seems to randomly happen from time to time.

Not that it's really a big deal or anything since I've gotten into the habbit of pretty much always jump canceling my grabs, but I'd be interested to know what causes this.
Always when you hold down on the stick and press z it will result in a jab. Don't know if this is what happens with you.

Top Bottom