• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha well, what i was getting at is... those extra technical tools that bizz uses for mobility would just add to your amount of weapons. use them to your bidding

Divinokage

Smash Legend
haha well, what i was getting at is... those extra technical tools that bizz uses for mobility would just add to your amount of weapons. use them to your bidding
I'll try but it's not always good, I think recognizing when to use it is better. Because usually when I play vs bam or vwins, if I ever decide to go on a platform at any time, they'll read that and punish me lol. And it's usually very bad to be above someone with Ganon.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha i understand, but it's not that bad vs say, falco

u can take a laser and nair/uair

and the lasers won't lock you down from up there

and it's just another way to approach

also you can perfect waveland toward the opponent on the ground to shield, grab, ftilt, or jab. it's a very fast way to move

unknown522

Some guy
shoutouts to kirbykaze randomly IMing me with "nurgle"

sry KK i never go on aim anymore haha

(FB/google+ have taken over!)
lol. He told me that you're really good at pokemon, and have some sort of amazing liligant strat.

But yeah, KK's at work but I'm still at his house atm.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
The community is kinda quiet now. like 5 ppl are viewing melee character specifics in general. What happened?

did something personal happen at Genesis 2 besides the Zelgadis incident? I'm kinda worried (not that I'm soft) but just kinda worried.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol. He told me that you're really good at pokemon, and have some sort of amazing liligant strat.

But yeah, KK's at work but I'm still at his house atm.
it was a sun team with synergy based around lilligant

basically using lilligant is all about what kind of hidden power you use.

i figured for a sun team, HP ice was the best as long as u had other pokemon that can deal with rain/sandstorm teams. HP ice can beat ground and dragon types

and ground/dragon types :troll:

unknown522

Some guy
it was a sun team with synergy based around lilligant

basically using lilligant is all about what kind of hidden power you use.

i figured for a sun team, HP ice was the best as long as u had other pokemon that can deal with rain/sandstorm teams. HP ice can beat ground and dragon types
true. So I assume you had venusaur on that team?

and ground/dragon types :troll:
but flygon isn't used.......:(

but seriously, I had garchomp on every team until he got banned...again

JPOBS

Smash Hero
PP i was just watching your set vs shroomed and it occurred to me that you let your opponents have so much stage control, for free.

like, even when you control most of the stage (such as when they are coming off the ledge), once they got back on, you would often retreat away and dash dance and stuff and let them regain so much space without challenging.

idk just something i noticed from your play, not just vs shroomed but in general

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
PP i was just watching your set vs shroomed and it occurred to me that you let your opponents have so much stage control, for free.

like, even when you control most of the stage (such as when they are coming off the ledge), once they got back on, you would often retreat away and dash dance and stuff and let them regain so much space without challenging.

idk just something i noticed from your play, not just vs shroomed but in general
Was this just a Genesis 2 thing or do I do this a lot(save vs Armada at Pound 5 I know I did that then too)?

I only ask because I probably didn't understand what I was doing at Genesis 2 because you already know and don't know how to handle Peach's float so I figure that may have resulted in me playing overly cautious to avoid my fate or something.

I know I tend to give up some stage control a lot in favor of being safe but I didn't realize it was that prevalent outside of whatever I did at G2.

D

Deleted member

Yo PP I know why you lost to shroomed.

You played like ****.

It's cool, you're still better at smash half-dead than all the smashers are at pokemon.

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
I still have no idea what im doing vs fox cuz hes soo fast and he can jump out of any shield pressure and i dunno how to approach cuz he can jump out bewtween the laser -> aerial approach =/

some one explain it to me =]

i never have a clue wtf im doing but its only in the fox match up
vs any other characters including falcon,falco dittos etc i atleast know what to do and how to approach but vs fox i always feel like whenever i do something i just hopes it hits cuz im never sure cuz hes soooooooo fast oos and in general

i hate this match up =< its only doable on fd for me

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Hit him when he lands... that's a pretty good summary of the matchup. If he jumps up he has to land; don't aerial underneath him immediately after lasering. Dash dance or wavedash to bait it then punish awkward landings. Obviously there's a lot more to the matchup than that, but that sounds like a pretty big gap in the way you're playing the matchup

Brookman

Smash Hero
If you just . .. squint really hard. . . and reread your post, you'll notice all the ways you can punish the fox players you are fighting. It is actually rather ironic. . .

We should make a habit of not calling hitting someone's shield over and over again "pressure" when what we are actually describing is not causing the opponent to feel any sort of pressure, at all.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
unknown, my team at its best (getting ranked #2 and #1 at smogon at separate times)

DW OU with team preview
ninetales, blaziken, chandelure, breloom, lilligant, cloyster

i bodied both rain and sand haha, cloyster and lilligant ***** dragons. those are the main threats to sun. non-weather stuff (reuniclus, genies) just got bodied with sheer damage.

blaziken and chandelure are both banned now i believe LOL so whatevs. i got tired of always adapting to changes, i don't play pokemon much anymore. i dont love it as much as melee or mvc ♥

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
this has prolly come up b4 in the thread/been thought about

but pp, vs peach(armada in g2 set) you tend to shield alot after you do an aerial through armadas shield. He usually catches you with fc bair dsmash (shield stab). Have you tried shine oos between the bair and dsmash, or even sh dair oos? idk if either of these would work

but more importantly, why bother shielding in the first place? it makes sense if you're waiting for armada to attempt to nair oos and you can retaliate with a bair or something. but recently when armada does his nair, he dis away so that you can't punish it with that anyways. wouldn't just dashing away after the aerial work better than shielding? i feel like you can punish both the fc bair -> dsmash and nair oos easier if you just dash away and then dd back with something

edit: does gen5 have a ban list now?

unknown522

Some guy
yeah, wtf with the d-smash shield stab. I swear at pound 5 PP's shield held every time from armada's d-smashes. I call hax.

Also, yeah there's a banlist. But not everything has been released yet so some DW abilities can't be used for some pokemon yet and Genesect, meloetta (sp?), and Keldio aren't released yet. Also most of the old pinch berries haven't been released.

Salac berry crustle is gonna be the **** if it ever gets released!

or maybe even leichi berry

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
this has prolly come up b4 in the thread/been thought about

but pp, vs peach(armada in g2 set) you tend to shield alot after you do an aerial through armadas shield. He usually catches you with fc bair dsmash (shield stab). Have you tried shine oos between the bair and dsmash, or even sh dair oos? idk if either of these would work

but more importantly, why bother shielding in the first place? it makes sense if you're waiting for armada to attempt to nair oos and you can retaliate with a bair or something. but recently when armada does his nair, he dis away so that you can't punish it with that anyways. wouldn't just dashing away after the aerial work better than shielding? i feel like you can punish both the fc bair -> dsmash and nair oos easier if you just dash away and then dd back with something
That Bair stuns a long time dude, and I'm pretty sure I get hit with one of those silly lingering hitboxes as Peach touches the ground so I can't do anything before the Dsmash hits my shield.

I shield in the first place because I'm afraid of rising Bair OOS. Very, afraid. I cant dash away in time before it comes out I'm almost positive but if I could then that would be a way better game plan for me.

I don't mind that he DIs away on his Nair OOS I can still punish that if I'm paying attention I think if I remember watching my P5 matches correctly, but Peach's OOS stuff scares me a lot mostly because trading with/losing to it sucks. I don't really know how to handle that better because I haven't thought about it much and don't really have decent Peach experience, but I could bounce around ideas for it I suppose.

Edit: Dsmash shield stabbed me at G2 because I literally couldn't react fast enough to shield DI due to my illness like I could at P5. I also changed my mind halfway through and shield DI'd back into him on one Dsmash hoping to punish or something and went flying LOL. Man that set blew.

unknown522

Some guy
yeah, FC'd b-air if done right is like +4 on your shield and d-smash comes out on frame 5. So if you make any action (including sidestep) in between those 2 moves, then you will get hit (also assuming frame-perfect).

oh her n-air and f-air are the same too in terms of frame advantage. So in theory, if peach did an FC'd aerial -> grab on your shield, you will get frame trapped unless you sidestep it. It will catch you before your roll starts.

but again this is all frame-perfect stuff, and would be hard to do since it's pretty much precise button inputs vs buffering roll/sidestep.

EWC

Smash Ace
What's the actual "correct" thing to do assuming you shield peaches dsmash? Can you SDI away and then punish with wd oos shine? I remember in the P5 matches you kept doing that but Armada always got his shield up in time.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha. man. armada was doing fair grab frame trap against taj's m2 all day. even though he probably wasn't doing it frame perfectly, mew2 just can't do ****tttttt

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater

then they cut it to 5637 and reversed it at the same time

so my "true" post count = 12171 + 5637 + |absolute value of my current negative post count|

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
What's the actual "correct" thing to do assuming you shield peaches dsmash? Can you SDI away and then punish with wd oos shine? I remember in the P5 matches you kept doing that but Armada always got his shield up in time.
Depends on how far your shield DI takes you and how perfect you are....maybe. On average you usually can't get the WD OOS to shine on Peach but then on some weird Dsmash hits I found myself close enough. I suppose you could just WD OOS grab and cover this silliness but the shine would be way nicer so I'll just say if you can get a nice shield DI spacing or get the WD OOS timing down really well then you can get it fairly often.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
in all seriousness, i want to hang out with pp IRL before i die.
we can call each other by our first names and maybe even do a high five!

i've always wanted to do a high five!
btw, "high five" is a sex position i created also known as "the bumpy lumpy"

Top Bottom