• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage, when I watch your recent match vids it always looks like. . . you get to throwing out so many attacks that the opponents (jman/m2k iirc) just wait for you to finally forward tilt or something.. .
^ we Canadians learned long ago the key to beating Kage is to just leave him to his own devices
*sigh* Well.. when you fight me for years, you better have learned to beat me. Ganon is bad. =P

Divinokage

Smash Legend
what happened to you at genesis kage??
Just like Mango, I realized some players are really nice while some others can be complete *****. Too many two-faced people to deal with and it's pretty annoying to see some of the comments some people leave me. It's not nice. The community is definitely gay.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Kage, you and your fellow tourney goers are essentially the "stars" of the community. You aren't even real people to the vast majority of spectators.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Just like Mango, I realized some players are really nice while some others can be complete *****. Too many two-faced people to deal with and it's pretty annoying to see some of the comments some people leave me. It's not nice. The community is definitely gay.
I feel so out of the loop on Smash-related drama. Or are you just talking about the Scar thread nonsense?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Hopefully I didn't do anything mean, I was happy for Shoyo because I became a Shoyo fan during round 1 pools. I was really dissapointed by how unlucky you got in round 3 pools though -_-;;

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I feel so out of the loop on Smash-related drama. Or are you just talking about the Scar thread nonsense?
Nah it's not that, well it's a little part of it. How can WC be so biased and gay like that? I haven't insulted them in anyway and yet they would do that to me? Like really? That's one thing that would really piss me off... is hating someone for no reason. And it would be also smashers that I have known before which I thought they were nice people in the beginning and they would turn into bad people like that? Oh right.. I've seen that happening plenty of times already this past 1-2 years. Even some of the "stars" do that... back in the day it wasn't like that but look what they've become.. *******s.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i mean really people are just all *******s

stop hanging out with people and get a corgi

bam! problem solved

unless your corgi is an *******, but that's unlikely cause corgis ****.
Lol that would probably make me go insane. How often can you talk to your dog when he doesn't really reply back to you? Being alone definitely sucks.. I don't want that.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well people have to be more careful if not you'll see a dark warrior and I don't think anyone wants to see that. =P Your life will flash before your eyes.

Edit: That actually felt really really good to say that for some reason. I feel better lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
kage come back to wc and get off on the people who beat you in mm's

i mean, i'm sure you can take them again

but the results will also be reversed vs me :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha do it!!!!

just keep working on the spacie matchup though. every spacie on wc gets off on ganon, and everyone plays spacies, everyone

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i've been watching falco videos on youtube.

mango's falco makes me want to play.
pp's falco makes me want to improve.
lambchops' falco makes me want to press "B".

Divinokage

Smash Legend
My Falco gets bodied by noobs lol. Though I had a pro Falco moment where I unleashed some crazy technical stuff with shines and ledge cancels and did like 0-80 with some shield pressures too on my friend. It felt good I suppose, just keep hammering those combos endlessly lol. I really hate the fox matchup with Falco omg.. lol. I don't understand how you guys do it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
for falco vs fox you just wanna get the first hit and establish that momentum. falco's control with lasers is too good, don't be afraid of stupid stuff like power shields or reflecting. just shoot the lasers

fox's main tool against them is jumping, or boarding platforms

we get gayed really hard when we get hit, thats why fox vs falco is all about getting that hit and capitalizing as hard as possible

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I guess I'll work on positioning more next time and forcing movement from the others, since it seems like that's how Falcos do it. I play too much like my own style right now and not the way the character should be played... it's so much work. =(

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'd rather go fox against falco than do a falco ditto.
it's fun to play that mu as fox.

maybe if my combos were more consistent, i would like falco dittos more.
i don't capitalize on everything or i don't punish hard enough as falco.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL that seems to happen a lot with ganon players.

one thing i noticed about ganon players playing falcon is that they always just grab, stomp, and knee. they hardly nair or uair. dat awkward transition lol. (but it makes falcon look manlier. i can always tell when i'm watching a ganon-falcon.)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
LOL that seems to happen a lot with ganon players.

one thing i noticed about ganon players playing falcon is that they always just grab, stomp, and knee. they hardly nair or uair. dat awkward transition lol. (but it makes falcon look manlier. i can always tell when i'm watching a ganon-falcon.)
Lol ya.. but I mean stomp into reverse knee is the ****. It's a garanteed 50-50 DI guess for the opponent if you make it look like you are going to regular knee but it ends up reverse, whoops bad DI.. see ya! =p

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lmao yea u guys are all the same

bizzarro was doing that stuff to me as falcon (except with more bizzarro ice wavelands and platform cancels. stupid bizzarro stuff)

shoutoutz 2 bizzarro lame

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah. anyway kage i think it'd be cool if you incorporated some of his stuff. he tends to be too flashy/inefficient with his moves sometimes but it really helps him get in vs certain characters. like the tricky platform cancels and always perfect wavelanding. it can get really confusing, and that extra mobility is the main reason he gets wins

your spacing and edgeguarding is much better than his, so extra mobility would make ur ganon better i think. i just see this from having played him a lot, and then playing you (even if for just a couple matches, there was a big diff.)

i also think ganons should forward roll more when they know theyre gonna get approached... that thing is so fast, like dk's haha.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
shoutouts to kirbykaze randomly IMing me with "nurgle"

sry KK i never go on aim anymore haha

(FB/google+ have taken over!)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
hahah. anyway kage i think it'd be cool if you incorporated some of his stuff. he tends to be too flashy/inefficient with his moves sometimes but it really helps him get in vs certain characters. like the tricky platform cancels and always perfect wavelanding. it can get really confusing, and that extra mobility is the main reason he gets wins

your spacing and edgeguarding is much better than his, so extra mobility would make ur ganon better i think. i just see this from having played him a lot, and then playing you (even if for just a couple matches, there was a big diff.)

i also think ganons should forward roll more when they know theyre gonna get approached... that thing is so fast, like dk's haha.
Well I'm trying to use everyone's style to my advantage and I'm trying to make a style which has no weakness.. but man its hard. Heh. =P The hard-headed warrior disappeared 6 months ago, I've been really trying to make mental notes and look at videos.. look at real matches happening in tournaments to see what I can do better but vs top players all of these is so much harder in practice lol.. You have to choose to do something all the time. But what is the best? I'm trying to look for that.

Top Bottom