• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<< *Pound* 4 Vids! >> ft. Mango, Armada, Amsah, M2K, Darkrain, SS, Hbox, Jman, & Zhu!

Cia

das kwl
that's like that for everyone. 30 something minutes for 300mb videos =/

but youtube's uploading process takes longer because of the added features.

Cia

das kwl
2-3 minutes? what kind of ballin connection did you used to have???

or was the file size considerably less than the vids you recorded at Pound?

but yeah...I had the same average upload time as what VaNz said
LOL

It used to be like that.. about 3 months ago. took 5-6 mins for most vids. then they started adding support for HD and download converters and things like that. so uploading takes much longer now.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Just got done watching the set between Armada and Mango's Fox. Unbelievable! I just can't fathom how somebody can be so good with so many characters.

Edit: Also, Kage missed too many easy edgeguards on Strawhat :(
No johns. =P

Except my excuse would be that I didn't play nearly as much as I wanted to before the tournament, I wasn't confident in my ability. The scene here in montreal is uninspiring, playing gets boring pretty quickly. There's not enough players and it's impossible to get more.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
No johns. =P

Except my excuse would be that I didn't play nearly as much as I wanted to before the tournament, I wasn't confident in my ability. The scene here in montreal is uninspiring, playing gets boring pretty quickly. There's not enough players and it's impossible to get more.
That ain't the warrior spirit.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
The scene here in montreal is uninspiring, playing gets boring pretty quickly. There's not enough players and it's impossible to get more.
Same problem here. It died completely when brawl came out, but a few months later we started getting more players. Now, the problem is that every player around Houston either hates traveling, doesn't have a car or money, or is just too flakey to even bother with. I play this game maybe every other week at this point.

Luffy Dahean

Smash Apprentice
No johns. =P

Is pretty similar in Spain too T_T

Dont worry Kage, we will play more games next time, dont stop training :p

Eval

Smash Journeyman
No johns. =P

Imagine here in PR, were you get to play the same 15 ~ 20 people... for years! Its really hard to adapt when you go to the States to big tournament because there's so many different play styles. That's one of our biggest obstacles, there's not much variety here. You just gotta practice yourself.

So no Johns! You guys have a WAY bigger scene than us!

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Imagine here in PR, were you get to play the same 15 ~ 20 people... for years! Its really hard to adapt when you go to the States to big tournament because there's so many different play styles. That's one of our biggest obstacles, there's not much variety here. You just gotta practice yourself.

That sounds like a lot of people to me. There is only 1 person "near" me who likes to play as much as I do. It's weird since Houston is one of the biggest cities in the country.

Divinokage

Smash Legend

Imagine? There's only 4-5 top players here and 4-5 low players.. that's it.

Linguini

Smash Master
I felt like checking out what kind of quality I can get out of the videos recorded by other people.

Kage's revenge vs Armada is now up. Now that he was prepared and knew how to fight him he only got 2-stocked the second match.
Will upload to Youtube if the original recorder doesn't want to do it himself.

To comment the source video (to whoever recorded it), it looks like the recording itselt was fine until it was encoded into wmv and all the quality suddenly disappeared =)

I probably won't do so many of the matches from these videos as I'm not even the one who should encode them. The ones I do I will name as TV X.
Wait so I played on tv A, it was r3 pools,me vs lucky, is there any way you could still put that up? ****k i wish my r3 set vs chu was recorded

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Imagine? There's only 4-5 top players here and 4-5 low players.. that's it.
Heh, I dont know the Canadian scene, but you guys travel more to big tournament or tournaments in the US than us. At least you guys have more potential for a bigger scene than here.

100 x 35 miles island... there's not much places to go. lol :(

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Heh, I dont know the Canadian scene, but you guys travel more to big tournament or tournaments in the US than us. At least you guys have more potential for a bigger scene than here.

100 x 35 miles island... there's not much places to go. lol :(
you live in puerto rico though,

so really you win.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
I really wanted to retire, Im tired of practicing alone all the day... but I cant retire with such a bad placement, I will be back :p

PS: Link to AJPs site:

http://ajpanton.se/ssbm/100116-Pound4/
Nisiquiera tuve la oportunidad de jugar contigo, como se te ocurre retirate. LOL

Mira ver si se tiran para G.A.M.M.E. este verano. Se ve epico! xD

jugfingers said:
you live in puerto rico though,

so really you win.
Guess we win by default. lol :/

joeplicate

Smash Master
anton, when i try to download your videos (mp4) in firefox and chrome, it gives me a 0kb file, which finishes dling instantly, which i cannot open

any idea why this might be happening?

edit: apparently it's only for certain files
all the jman vs amsah vids
and armada vs amsah vids that i tried didn't work :(

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Sorry, my bad. It's fixed now.

I just started to move all my videos to an external server to get faster speeds, kindly provided by another swedish smasher. I created a new PHP script that first checks if the file exists on that server. If yes, redirect there, if no, download from me.
The problem was that I forgot about raw urls, where spaces are replaced by %20 (and other irrelevant stuff). So when trying to download stuff from a folder that has spaces in its name, it tried to look for that folder on my computer - with %20 instead of spaces, and didn't find it.

Most Pound 4 videos are not yet on that server. I got too little space to upload to, and I'm waiting for him to increase it before I can upload more...

Linguini: TV A will probably start tomorrow.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Updated with:

Mango vs. Amsah
Hungrybox vs. PC Chris
HugS vs. Hungrybox
Dr. PeePee vs. HugS
Mango vs. Hax
Mango vs. RockCrock

joeplicate

Smash Master
btw anton your video quality is incredible

i swear that it looks better than the actual game
i'm going to start downloading whatever you put up instead of watching them on youtube, it's so much better

good **** juggleguy for organizing all this, too
you recorded a ton :)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i think vgbootcamp just took care of stream... im not sure though

i know hmw is already uploading some of the stuff that was on the "Vgbootcamp" tv

Top Bottom