• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spife

Smash Master
I work at a hospital dude. I am not gonna get off for that. Ether way If they let me take monday off, I have to go in tuesday. And I am not gonna get home intime to be rested and ready for work at 9am.

I gotta figure out how I am gonna have to do this. Ether that or I just can't go. I'm not gonna risk losing my job over a video game.

Johns
Just ask Dr. Cox, I'm sure he'll understand :bee:

But in all seriousness I hope you figure things out so you can go, good luck!

Edit:
Lul

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I just remembered, I made KB pay for me on teams. I have to give him ten bucks in person. I'm not gonna do him like that. So I have to go.

Durning mid bracket I might have to DQ myself for singles.

stelzig

Smash Lord
you must have missed the discussion about how that would basically make the tourney a joke [a 64 tourney on the Wii I mean]

can't use N64 controllers

Wii-version is ever so slightly so different yet it's significant

64 tourney needs to be on 64. No options, really.

Dark - are you sure you have work? you might wanna check, because it's Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Monday, which is why it was scheduled as such given that many/most people will have a holiday.
What other differences than the controller are there?

Edit: I see someone already questioned this... Well i'm still curious.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
pools up at midnight for melee.

for brawl im not sure, cuz vgbootcamp+tantalus+brawl guys have to help with the seeding

Watty

Smash Lord
plank there up 2night? The thread says the 8th. Im not complaining just wondering is all

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
The Caribbean is gonna **** this tournament. Pools are gonna be all ****ed up though because the TOs don't know how good we are, oh well it will at least allow for some great upsets.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I work at a hospital dude. I am not gonna get off for that. Ether way If they let me take monday off, I have to go in tuesday. And I am not gonna get home intime to be rested and ready for work at 9am.

I gotta figure out how I am gonna have to do this. Ether that or I just can't go. I'm not gonna risk losing my job over a video game.

Well, if you don't make it out of pools- you won't have to worry? Not trollin'... just sayin'

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
It also says december and 2009 :dizzy:
:laugh:

The Caribbean is gonna **** this tournament. Pools are gonna be all ****ed up though because the TOs don't know how good we are, oh well it will at least allow for some great upsets.
Didn't my thread already prove that you guys don't exist?

btw we should play friendlies here since I really have nothing against you lol

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Dude, at the tourney, i want there to be some kind of argument going on, and then PockyD busts in the circle of the conversation and lays down some internet-board truth. itd be like real life smashboards

Eval

Smash Journeyman
High five VBM. We got this... lol. Im gonna lmfao if VBM ***** this.

Hopefully plank didn't make a pool of death for me and the other guys from here because there will be upsets if he did. Nah I don't think he did, because there's too many people to be able to face tops in first round of pools... I hope.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I think it's safe to assume that there will be a much larger amount of "good people" than there will be number of pools, so its gonna be cutthroat

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
is there gonna be 3 rounds of pools for both games like p3? (or maybe 2 rounds for brawl considering there arent as many entrants)

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
:laugh:

Didn't my thread already prove that you guys don't exist?

btw we should play friendlies here since I really have nothing against you lol
No, it just proved people from St Thomas are idiots(something I already knew); I'm not too sure I want to play friendlies against a nobody; it'll depend on how I feel the day of the tournament.

High five VBM. We got this... lol. Im gonna lmfao if VBM ***** this.

Hopefully plank didn't make a pool of death for me and the other guys from here because there will be upsets if he did. Nah I don't think he did, because there's too many people to be able to face tops in first round of pools... I hope.
Yeah we got this. The champs from Trinidad will **** more than I will though.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
pfft iv lost to u and havnt given up hope

but thats all gonna change next time i play u lobos, ur goin down lol

EricTwistGotBannedLOL

Smash Cadet
No, it just proved people from St Thomas are idiots(something I already knew); I'm not too sure I want to play friendlies against a nobody; it'll depend on how I feel the day of the tournament.
I Swear to God I don't understand you VBM.

You steady callin people randoms when only like TWO PEOPLE know who you are. HBK and Kupo are the only people who knows who you are when ALL of NC knows who Dark Hart is. You're more or a random than he is.

~ETWIST51294

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Plank

i'll get with you on aim later if you're on about seeding, I'm pretty sure I can have it knocked out and done with by friday, I just need to discuss with you formats and such

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
just a quick question; doing 32 man or 64 man brackets? just curious

Also: Still with no ride atm. Yay or Crio, get at me whenever you can to let me know.

stelzig

Smash Lord
On the forums VBM is probably more known than dark hart...

Of course that doesn't have anything to do with how good they are though :laugh:

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
lol, VBM MM me, you haven't heard of me, so I must be a nobody right?

$10

I'm a white kid with glasses who will be wearing a shirt that says University of Maryland on day 1, and a RoM2 t-shirt on day 2 (PB&J I have your money for the shirt, I'm bringing like $100 cash to this)

EricTwistGotBannedLOL

Smash Cadet
On the forums VBM is probably more known than dark hart...

Of course that doesn't have anything to do with how good they are though :laugh:
VBM is known on the boards. Wow. Dark Hart's known by the actual tournament scene in NC. Idk. I want VBM to prove me wrong. It would be cool if we had another great region of smash. Plus I heard VBM is cool in person, he's just annoying on SMF. :mad:

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
I Swear to God I don't understand you VBM.

You steady callin people randoms when only like TWO PEOPLE know who you are. HBK and Kupo are the only people who knows who you are when ALL of NC knows who Dark Hart is. You're more or a random than he is.

~ETWIST51294
Well I've never heard of him so i think it's fair to call him a random. Also when you count people on youtube and on these boards I'm pretty sure I'm more well known overall than someone like Darkheart is. He is more random than me. And I'm a famous smasher in my region.

lol, VBM MM me, you haven't heard of me, so I must be a nobody right?

$10

I'm a white kid with glasses who will be wearing a shirt that says University of Maryland on day 1, and a RoM2 t-shirt on day 2 (PB&J I have your money for the shirt, I'm bringing like $100 cash to this)
I may play friendlies with nobodies but I won't be money matching them. Sorry.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i think the best would be

round 1, 64 pools of 5-6, top 3 => 192 players left
round 2, 32 pools of 6, top 3 => 96 players left
round 3, 16 pools of 6, top 3 => 48 players left, 1-seeds get byes in bracket

i'd be very wary of taking fewer than 3 per pool with this volume of people since it's going to be so incredibly hard to ensure pools are balanced

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Well I've never heard of him so i think it's fair to call him a random. Also when you count people on youtube and on these boards I'm pretty sure I'm more well known overall than someone like Darkheart is. He is more random than me. And I'm a famous smasher in my region.

I may play friendlies with nobodies but I won't be money matching them. Sorry.
I just looked you up on Youtube...I didn't see you. Unless you have a different gamer tag. I'm curious after all this talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom