• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
WOW!!!!!!! The brawl stage list is garbage. Just sayin'.
the only thing thats wrong with it is that its missing siege @.@

and plank is working with vgbootcamp, I'd assume, since this is his tourney >.> I'd figure he'd have an idea of when brawl pools would be up.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Bad news guys..

I won't be able to make it... got gayed by school... I was trying to make it work out.. I really thought I could... but at the last minute... well yea... someone can take my spot and by the way NoobKing's spot is available as well.. so yea take them spots guys... >_>

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
planking probably wont even be allowed. its all up to vgbootcamp, i assume they wanna run standard rules

blunted object, that sucks!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
plank just edit the OP to link to vgbootcamps official ruleset then

here just delete all ur brawl crap and paste this in:

Code:
Brawl

Singles:

3 Stock

8 Minute Time Limit

No Items

If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You should not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.

First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.

Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.

You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.

Neutral Stages:

o Battlefield
o Final Destination
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
o Lylat Cruise

* Counterpick Stages:

o Delfino Plaza
o Castle Siege
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium 1

-The 50 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 50 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 50 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 50, then participating players Who ever has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur.

-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab.
-Ice Climber things are legal, as long as they aren't used for stalling.
-If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
- Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
o If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
o If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie the one who initiated the move will win the round

Doubles:

- Same standard rules and stages as singles.
- Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), they are allowed to request control of a certain color to help lessen confusion.
-Stock sharing is allowed.
-Team Attack is on
from their Indianapolis topic - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9001953

@Lucas - fukkin deal!!

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Wait, wait, wait. So what you are trying to say is that with Omni, we will have 346 entrants for Melee? That sounds soooo much better than 345 imo. I mean 345 is aight I guess, but 346 is mindblowingly awesome greatest of all time stuff for the history books.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
yeah wtf no new pork city?

accepting all MM in brawl under these stipulations:

all new pork city no time limit

you cannot use the characters:

diddy
gnw
olimar
IC
MK
pikachu
snake

good luck
There are a lot of stages that should be on that list that aren't. Castle siege is an obvious one of course.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
vgbootcamp will get back to me tomorrow during business hours. i will tell them to post here also.

they did say theres a 50 grab limit for singles tho

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well can u edit the OP with their ruleset to avoid confusion from ppl thinking siege is banned and theres no ledge grab limit?

i mean their not gonna change their ruleset up on u XD u said you're giving them full control.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
new pork city is my favorite stage in brawl...i can death combo into ultimate chimera with squirtle son.

**** U PLANK U USELESS SON OF A *****
U DO NOTHING FOR THIS COMMUNITY I HATE YOU
:mad::mad::mad:

<3

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
The tier list of said strength bonuses are as follows:

S- Dad Strength
A- Drunk Strength, Fat Guy Strength
C- (yes, there is a significant drop off, enough for there to be a skipped tier) ****** Strength
If you're a parent and your partner/child is in danger, you become gamebreaking (like dads who can lift 2,000 pound cars when child's in danger though body builders can prolly only lift like 500??

Alphicans

Smash Hero
alph what is it missin besides siege? ooc
Well I am pretty liberal about stages, and as is the region I come from. Japes, and norfair are definitely CP. Pictochat, PS2 are other obvious ones imo. I'd argue pirate ship, but I doubt many people would agree with that. So basically, a good 5 stages are missing from this list.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
I won't be able to make it... got gayed by school... I was trying to make it work out.. I really thought I could... but at the last minute... well yea... someone can take my spot and by the way NoobKing's spot is available as well.. so yea take them spots guys... >_>
saaadddffaaace that's terrible!
wtf? u people play stadium 2 in brawl? that stage sucks dik
LOL yeah really

stingers

Smash Obsessed
no pokemon trainer? ***** as hell

and NO lol no respectable tournaments run pokemon stadium 2 legal. that's some midwest ****. (midwest has custom stages legal in their circuit, lol. blame overswarm)

Drephen

Smash Master
Mathos
Big R
Watty
Drephen
maybe some others....

CoK is back baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
for those who dont know who were are you soon will
yeahyuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
what is this pools up 12/8/09 stuff

is it an incorrect date or some sort of code beyond my understanding

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
no pokemon trainer? ***** as hell

and NO lol no respectable tournaments run pokemon stadium 2 legal. that's some midwest ****. (midwest has custom stages legal in their circuit, lol. blame overswarm)
that MM would be torture. It was 90% a joke until ppl accepted. I then actually thought about the stipulation a bit more and whether my strategy seemingly flawless at the time would work. it doesnt work even with the modified list(just tested and found a flaw in the stage mechanics). I wont tell it but I'll say that Im saving you and myself hrs of heartbreak and rage. I kinda wanna get into brawl at somepoint so like I'll MM ppl for real instead if I am not burned out by teh melay

goodnite

edit:did i mention that lovage has the best vid out right now?
edit2: dun worry oscar I'll stop fanboying in a few days. its just that video.......its soo just soo....
edit3:watched it like 25 times today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom