• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniolas

Smash Ace
8O

you don't have snickers?!

They must have snickers in the Netherlands, we got it in Sweden at least.

About Pulp Fiction and "Royale with cheese", when I went to Paris
I actually went to a McDonalds just to find out if they called a QP, Royale.

It was hilarious. We got the metric system in Sweden as well, but we still
call it Quarter Pounder.

stelzig

Smash Lord
lol. And yeah of course they have snickers. Though it doesn't really matter since snickers and any other candy with peanut sucks pretty much.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
They must have snickers in the Netherlands, we got it in Sweden at least.

About Pulp Fiction and "Royale with cheese", when I went to Paris
I actually went to a McDonalds just to find out if they called a QP, Royale.

It was hilarious. We got the metric system in Sweden as well, but we still
call it Quarter Pounder.
Royal Cheese* :cool:
But they sucks compared to US fast foods, as they're way smaller for a similar price -_-

And France also has snickers, so I'm pretty sure the Netherlands have it too. However, it may have a different taste, like coke for instance.

stelzig

Smash Lord
I remember getting some extremely bad coke in France at TSL. I figured it was just that one battle, but maybe it is just french coke in generalthen :|

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
To quote Vegeta here:
"Those cowards!"

Couldn't be helped and someone had to.

It's a shame though, Japan really should make the scene. That would be insane.

Maybe Hbox will just have a fox as his backup plan, like somebody to get a good warmup with in pools and maybe the early brackets. Then he'll bust out his puff and rock the world...again

strawhats

Smash Master
I talked to CJ a few hours ago. He told me he hadn't enough motivation to come. I think he'll ask the other japanese players, though.
What motivation does he need ? If I were him, just knowing that he gets to fight against armada and possibly amsah again is motivation enough. Plus he can play the face of melee, Mango, and old school players in M2K, Azen, and maybe Isai.

P.S. maybe there's hope for Bombsoldier, and Mikael etc.

strawhats

Smash Master
I know m2k is technically not considered old school, but he's been around since like 2005 and rose up inthe elite ranks in like 2006. He competed w/. Ken and Chu Dat, and KDJ. So yes I consider him old school. Anyone that came around in like 2007 (scar, mango, hax, etc.) are new school. People like Isai, Chu, Azen, SS, M2k have been around since the days of Ken maybe even before so yeah they are old school.
Azen is way old school, He's been around since like Recipherus days. And no im only 17 but ive been playing this game for a long asss time. But I never discovered the ATs and technical aspects of this competitve game until like 2006.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Dont feel like going and rereading pages and posts, so I'll just ask:
Whats the word on livestream?

i still think it would be pretty bad*** if in between matches you cut it back to a webcam of the venue/players. Make it more interesting for people viewing so they don't just stare at the character selection screen.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I remember getting some extremely bad coke in France at TSL. I figured it was just that one battle, but maybe it is just french coke in generalthen :|
I guess it was some random cheap coke, not coca cola. Some of those are really bad indeed, but otherwise it's pretty good.

What motivation does he need ? If I were him, just knowing that he gets to fight against armada and possibly amsah again is motivation enough. Plus he can play the face of melee, Mango, and old school players in M2K, Azen, and maybe Isai.

P.S. maybe there's hope for Bombsoldier, and Mikael etc.
Having motivation to play smash. Just so you know, he doesn't play anymore. Even last summer, when he randomly attended TSL3, he dropped the low tier tournament and didn't enter teams. He was already really rusty.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Dont feel like going and rereading pages and posts, so I'll just ask:
Whats the word on livestream?

i still think it would be pretty bad*** if in between matches you cut it back to a webcam of the venue/players. Make it more interesting for people viewing so they don't just stare at the character selection screen.
I'm going to do livestream from the 3 TVs I record, plus a webcam if someone brings one I can connect to the computer.

stelzig

Smash Lord
No slhoka it was definetly coca cola bought from the bakery near the supermarket that was open on sunday. But yeah it wasn't the only coke i bought over there and the others tasted better, that's why i figured it was just one of those rare oddly bad ones that i have got here before as well (like very rare, less than once a year), it was just when it was mentioned it wasn't the same that i figured it might really have been intentionally made like that.

I told the other danes and the other one that preferred coke over pepsi agreed with me that it was bad while one of the ones who prefers pepsi said "mmh it tastes more like pepsi!" :p (IMO this was way worse than pepsi... Pepsi i can drink... This one i ended up leaving almost full)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I'm going to do livestream from the 3 TVs I record, plus a webcam if someone brings one I can connect to the computer.
PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ

I CANNOT stress this enough it seems. I stressed it like h3ll b4 tipped off 5 and still happened

THING BEING STRESSED INCOMING....

plz use Justin.tv for the sake of all thats good. Ustream blows hardcore

PB&J

Smash Hero
the legend i was talking about wasnt mike g actually ..he would never come..who knows

dont take hbox serious ..but he does have a fox and ganon though

i love the pound 4 brackets because bombsoldier is there..i love that guy

and justin tv does ****

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
at my parents house

if you all have questions PM me

i get internet in my new apartment in 6 days

then ill be able to help again. lol.

everything is going well... people need to step it up and register! (as usual) ^^

BRING CUBES/WIIS/TVS

strawhats

Smash Master
Kinda sucks that Japan does not play melee anymore. If this game is for any direct people its for the Japanese who made this wonderful game for the world.

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
So in three months 346 people reply, 468 vote in the pole, and 56 register.

Still a few months away, so I guess that's normal? =p

Tink

Smash Hero
ya, im a huuuuge procrastinator, as im sure most smashers are, and that should account for alot of the low registration....

is there gonna be a deadline for registration? too lazy to read the first post/through this massssive thread.

also, those vids to show quality of live stream were pretty amazing quality. with that being said, who wants to do some MMs on the live stream when it gets up =)? im looking at you foreigners coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom