• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

khepri

Smash Lord
the point is that the fact that he didn't know that the team hadn't showed up on time means that time constraints had nothing to do with the dq.
Thing is, not all matches are on time. The thing to note is that M2K and Jman were late enough that it was worth reporting to the TO and the other team apparently wasn't holding anything back too much, otherwise plank would have known.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
WOW at the aggressiveness/nastyness of some of the Melee players in this thread lol.

Yeah you gotta big f**king e-pen1s about a game, yeah that's cool that you like it

:|

Yeah so I like my game, so could you not constantly bash it? Because I have never said anything bad about your game so I would ask you to please show me and other brawl players the same respect.
no, lol. Brawl is a terrible game.

you should feel ok as long as we are not disrespecting you personally. Nobody said albert was a weeny, so dont take it personally. ITs not like we are criticizing your personal work or life accomplishments.

quit being sensitive.

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
i do not question planks placing
although im amazed by how far he has gotten in the bracket,
the fact that he made it out of his 3rd round pool is a testament to his skill
and if your complaining or accusing him of an easy bracket, MM him

this means you BLATM1

VANS

Smash Ace
Basically, it seems conclusive that the DQing decision was subjective, specifically because there were two different solutions for the same problem.

-Lunin

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Basically, it seems conclusive that the DQing decision was subjective, specifically because there were two different solutions for the same problem.

-Lunin
agreed. They definitely didnt deserve to play that match so thats a def DQ there. Props to plairnk for havin the balls to DQ two big names like that. the rest has to wait till he is done running a **** as tourney

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Jona...the point is...be glad they had a stream. They were also able to mix the best chat and the best stream. Something I'm not sure if we can do. (it'd be nice if we could.) People can complain all day. However...the point of the matter is...we got hype there. The matches were amazing.

As far as the comments made on Brawl vs. Melee. Cut the crap. Because I'm sick and tired of hearing brawl players cry or melee players whine. Get over it. People enjoy their games. Brawl didn't really have any hype moments, yet. So VG went with what was hype at the moment. Also...they were doing pools. Although I heard of a couple of amazing moments during brawl pools. (good stuff)

I know for a fact...if Melee players were asking for more time with Melee, it'd be a differen't story. They'd be like, "Melee sucks." "It's old, nobody wants to watch it." "Why would they give Melee more time when you could watch Brawl?" Or things of the like.

When you have MOST of the venue so hyped that players are holding off on matches to watch ONE match. You don't want to miss out on it. The crowd behind Chu and Vidjo. the "CHU-S-A!!!" chant. That was so hype, you couldn't believe it. (I recorded game 3 from the crowd on my camera.) When you have two matches going on that's SO hyped that the crowd literally moves from one side of the room to another in an instant. You NEED to catch that. 1k viewers on a livestream to see that? Yeah....time to get hype.

If/When Brawl has that kind of moment in Brackets, it'll be covered. Important/hype matches are recorded/put up on the projector. It wasn't THAT long ago that Brawl was getting the hype over Melee. The insults were pretty harsh back then. Want to get some more attention? MAKE it hype. Get behind your players and make noise. Toasty lost his voice cheering for 3 straight Dr. PP and LOZR matches.

/end brief overview

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way....here they are in no particular order (I mean the names.)

There is one pool I seriously am unsure of...because of a slight screw up in some missing cards (don't know how they got lost) with whichever pool they were with. I THINK they went in the order I have. I'll put a * next to their names.

1.) Dr. PP
1.) HBK
1.) Mango
1.) H-Box
1.) Swiftbass
1.) Hax
1.) JMan
1.) Cactuar
1.) M2K
1.) Linguini
1.) Drephen
1.) Armada
1.) Darc
1.) Silent Wolf
1.) DEHF
1.) Tope*
2.) Zgetto
2.) Adam
2.) Kage The Warrior
2.) KirbyKaze
2.) Kels
2.) Amsah
2.) HomeMadeWaffles
2.) Zhu
2.) Scar
2.) Plank
2.) Overtriforce
2.) P.C. Chris
2.) Strawhat Daheans
2.) Vidjogamer
2.) Chu Dat
2.) SilentSpectre*
3.) Th0rn
3.) Unknown522
3.) MacD
3.) Axe
3.) LuCKy
3.) G$
3.) Remen
3.) Ka-Master
3.) VaNz
3.) Eggm
3.) Darkrain
3.) I.B.
3.) RaynEX
3.) Lovage
3.) Falcomist*

That one pool I don't remember. What I DO remember is that...the results were kinda...eh....

However...I'm REALLY tired...and I wanna get some rest. I've got pics and vids to sort through. (I kinda don't want to, but I need to, xD.)

alphatheta

Smash Rookie
M2K vs Hungrybox should've been a best of 5, I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why it was a best of 3.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
Monday is brawl day, get over it.
pound 4 is a melee tournament u get over it

i dont know about others but i get shafted so hard by an overabundance of brawl tournies.this time theres a huge melee tournament and all the good stuff is going to happen, but some unsuspenseful brawl matches are going to hog the stream. seriously fvck that
there were 340+ melee and i think there were like 50+ brawl. thats a melee tournament that happens to have like 12% of its people involved in something else.
not showing international crews is like ****ting on the faces of all the euros that came over to rep for their countries or continent. You know how much plane tickets cost? but nah lets show what the other 12% are doing instead.

side note: i would have loved to see jman and m2k play in the tournies, mango and lucky had it to easy. HOWEVER rules are rules. 75 minutes is atrociously late in a schedule as tightly packed as this. rules are rules. if plank said they were late and i hated to their hair cuts so i dqd them, they were still late and nothing else matters not their hair, not their skill, not another teams timing, nothing. it ends at they were 75 minutes late. worst of all if plank had let it slide other players may in future say "well that one time jman was late, so w.e no biggie ill show up late and nothing will happen". rules people rules

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
That wasn't semi-finals...first off.

Second off...THEY weren't late. HE was late. Read posts, bro. JMAN was late M2K was on time. That's why M2K was pissed.

Edit: Pound4 did NOT start off as a Melee Tourney. It started as a Brawl tourney. VG Bootcamp was expecting Brawl to have the hype. Melee had the hype from the gate. The players showed the support. You had people that were there to watch from goodness knows where. They didn't even enter...they just wanted to watch. Pound4 TURNED into a Melee tournament.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
no, lol. Brawl is a terrible game.

you should feel ok as long as we are not disrespecting you personally. Nobody said albert was a weeny, so dont take it personally. ITs not like we are criticizing your personal work or life accomplishments.

quit being sensitive.
SUBJECTIVITY - NONE OF THAT HERE! Clearly everything you have said is objective fact.

Composeur

Smash Ace
Umm I'm sure it's up somewhere but I can't find it...can someone please point me to the Melee results thread?!? I just got back from work and I have no clue what happened!! xD

g-regulate

Smash Hero
also, can we all stop saying "so hype"? hype is not an adjective. something cannot "be hype"

and no, hugs did not make it out of pools

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
That wasn't semi-finals...first off.

Second off...THEY weren't late. HE was late. Read posts, bro. JMAN was late M2K was on time. That's why M2K was pissed.
ooh technicality w.e i meant jman not they. does it even matter which one was late? nope not at all. not even like kinda sorta. and if u want to get super technical since m2k needs jman to play a jman + m2k match, and jman was late, that collectively means they were late to teams.

second pound 4 "turned into a melee tournament". as in the present tense? meaning it agrees with the tense in "pound 4 is a melee tournament"?
get off my nuts

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
pound 4 is a melee tournament u get over it

i dont know about others but i get shafted so hard by an overabundance of brawl tournies.this time theres a huge melee tournament and all the good stuff is going to happen, but some unsuspenseful brawl matches are going to hog the stream. seriously fvck that
there were 340+ melee and i think there were like 50+ brawl. thats a melee tournament that happens to have like 12% of its people involved in something else.
not showing international crews is like ****ting on the faces of all the euros that came over to rep for their countries or continent. You know how much plane tickets cost? but nah lets show what the other 12% are doing instead.

side note: i would have loved to see jman and m2k play in the tournies, mango and lucky had it to easy. HOWEVER rules are rules. 75 minutes is atrociously late in a schedule as tightly packed as this. rules are rules. if plank said they were late and i hated to their hair cuts so i dqd them, they were still late and nothing else matters not their hair, not their skill, not another teams timing, nothing. it ends at they were 75 minutes late. worst of all if plank had let it slide other players may in future say "well that one time jman was late, so w.e no biggie ill show up late and nothing will happen". rules people rules
lol your so stupid.

Pound 4 was planned to have 35 hours of game play and melee has been stream for 26 hours already. Thats 74.3% of the total time of the tournament.

There where 192 brawl entrants and 347 melee so brawl would be 35.6% of the population there.

At least the melee GFs/WFs/LFs are more important had a little bit of logic to it you should have just posted that again. :laugh:

Samochan

Smash Master
Well, if brawl is gonna be streamed over late brackets in melee, people are gonna be super dissapointed. I besides, melee has much, much more demand than brawl has, it would make livestream extra redundant if people demanded awesome melee matches yet 8 mins brawl matches consisting of planking were streamed instead. Stream is mad hype people, can can be streamed after melee for all I care, not like brackerts are even halfway till melee is finish and brawlers get to watch finals like melee'ers do. Win-win imo.

xianglongfa

Smash Apprentice
m2k and hbox should finish up their set if it was truly supposed to be Bo5. M2k doesn't deserve to get cheated out of a higher winning chance yet again, and you can't blame M2k for not realizing it b/c how mentally straining this tournament has been...

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Are you trying to make a point or just alluding to the obvious? **** chemistry, so now you mad?!?

I love chemistry tho
Saying one game is bad or another good is totally subjective and has no place in a reasoned argument. :3

I agree that Melee should stay livestreamed - Honestly, if we want major gaming tourneys to pick us up, a game that is more fun to watch is a better fit for that model, and trust me, I play teh_spammerer's prodigy all the time. Brawl is pretty boring.

That said, if we're going to talk about how good games are, we should stop playing Smash entirely and all get good at Guilty Gear >_>

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Hbox would have remembered. As a matter of fact...it would have been announced already. (seeing as how plank is overseeing everything, and HBox has been helping with calling matches and stuff. ) So there's no need to belabor the point.

JMan overslept...simply put.

G-reg: I picked that nonsense up from some people I know on WC. It's a phrase. Tell people to staying saying "yo" or "cool" when it obviously has nothing to do with temperature. It's a saying. No, I'm not trying to be a prick, either. Just stating that asking people to stop using it would be like asking people to not use slang or things that are everyday words in which we shouldn't be using, but do. It caught on...such is life.

h!tboxexplo!ter

Smash Ace
lol your so stupid.

Pound 4 was planned to have 35 hours of game play and melee has been stream for 26 hours already. Thats 74.3% of the total time of the tournament.

There where 192 brawl entrants and 347 melee so brawl would be 35.6% of the population there.

At least the melee GFs/WFs/LFs are more important had a little bit of logic to it you should have just posted that again. :laugh:
well first that last segment is incomprehensible (as is most of ur grammar but im not a grammar nazi so ill let that all go even tho u calling me stupid while saying "melee has been stream" is laughable). reference something or add more words/try punctuation.

second 35.6% is still a minority if u can handle basic math

third not only is the 74.3% irrelevant, but the original argument is that brawl should take a back seat to a predominantly melee tournament

edit: oh yea "your stupid" just got got hazys lols. i dont own any stupids burrito, they sound cool tho where can i buy one?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Saying one game is bad or another good is totally subjective and has no place in a reasoned argument. :3

I agree that Melee should stay livestreamed - Honestly, if we want major gaming tourneys to pick us up, a game that is more fun to watch is a better fit for that model, and trust me, I play teh_spammerer's prodigy all the time. Brawl is pretty boring.

That said, if we're going to talk about how good games are, we should stop playing Smash entirely and all get good at Guilty Gear >_>
I play a little bit of sol in Accent core but smash (melee) is more fun.

My point to Albert, lol, was that there is no sense in whining about ppl expressing negative feelings towards something that you like. Just because you like something doesnt mean other ppl have to and vice versa.

Its not disrespect aimed at your personally and there is no reason to post that you didnt say anything about melee so nobody should say anything about brawl lol.

Even if its an institution that you are apart of, everything is subject to scrutiny.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I play a little bit of sol in Accent core but smash (melee) is more fun.

My point to Albert, lol, was that there is no sense in whining about ppl expressing negative feelings towards something that you like. Just because you like something doesnt mean other ppl have to and vice versa.

Its not disrespect aimed at your personally and there is no reason to post that you didnt say anything about melee so nobody should say anything about brawl lol.

Even if its an institution that you are apart of, everything is subject to scrutiny.
This is a fair point. You have to keep in mind, however, insulting something people take very seriously (Diminishing their accomplishments in it, in their mind) will often make them take up pitchforks.

Ew, Sol. He's the MK of AC, though thankfully he's not actually good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom