• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I was already doing this since day 1. Get at me. I bet your south-*** won't handle the cold, Get at the Canadian ;D
Temps in the 40s? That's nothing. I generally wear flip flops too, but I don't like driving long distances with them on.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
hey guys I been watching the news and obviously we all know what is going on. I think we should really take up a fund for the people of Haiti. For my Puetro Rican brothers we all know that DR is connected to Haiti and they are all our brothers in the carribean. Let us not worry about what is going on with ourselves and help to donate to helping these poor people in a REAL time of need.

I am wiling to donate any money I can to the people of haiti.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
good stuff rhan.

Remember guys we all have our financial problems. We all have issues we need to take care of. Think of it this way. Places in IRAQ, HAITI, and all around the world do not have. We always see these people struggle and still go on. WE should reward them. Remember we have this big tournament this weekend and if people can help donate towards the fund with money, clothes, or even food than that is worth it. I will ask plank where locally we can donate this to the fund.

Just please everyone IDC if you donate here but please donate and help.

For those interested in donating please read this :

http://www.abc2news.com/mostpopular/story/Haiti-Disaster-Relief-Donations/OA5s1NL7l0ioG2MAT_Loxg.cspx`

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I am so excited for everyone going to this... have a blast! Can't wait to start hearing about upsets and results little by little. EPICNESS get pumped.

Banks

Smash Hero
welp class is over, can't wait to go home then continue spamming

jk

or am i?

manalord, sucks you aren't going =( see you in july rofl

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
To whom it may concern:

i was wondering

if VGBootCamp doing a livestream for both games?

or just brawl???

if they are doing just brawl

then can i borrow someone's laptop? (with windows vista or 7 on it)

uhh and yea...

2 Days Son!!!!!!!!!!!!

ima try to meet as many people as i possibly can =)

rhan

Smash Hero
OH ALMOST FORGOT!

I lied when I said I wasn't bringing my VCR. But I'm only recording my pool (PM me ASAP if you DON'T want to be recorded. Or tell me atthe venue). I won't send PM's because people use different names on the boards then what they're known as. Also any possible MM's that I or someone wants recorded.

I don't mind recording. I just need to know where my VCR is at all times.

caleb0froy

Smash Journeyman
I didnt mean in teh car...you are stubborn like my mom >_<.

I meant to not give up its called...POSITIVE ENCOURAGEMENT >_<

Elliot I will MM you in TF...oh wait thats the new TMNT fighting game not the good one from the SNES days :)

Tournament Fighter was pretty sweet :(
HAHA I Love this Game! Donatello Kicked Mad *** yo! at least when I played as him! haha

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Thanks a lot for the (willingness to) support, guys! We're not starving here, but we did make some extra costs that add up. Gonna spend today in DC, see if your president is home.;)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
HMW : From what I know VGbootcamp is doing both livestreams.

If not I am ok with you using my laptop.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I'm just curious as to why the total payout for Genesis singles was 5700$ and the total payout for Pound 4 singles is about 5060$ with about 50 more entrants?

No one rip me a new one for being curious plz!

I know this tournament has a lot more expenses but there is almost a 700 dollar difference in pots plus the difference in the money for 50 plus entrants...

Then again IDK how much it was to enter singles at Genesis so I'm just being curious.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
This tourny is starting to feel like a ****ing We Are The World event, the Nes Noob thing is fine but anything else take that **** somewhere else, I wanna hear some **** talk, USA should be pumped their about to beast all over Europe in melee, not lame banter between Banks and Ally about some stupid **** they can discuss on AIM.

Plus we still need them Wii's

and boo @ Meep not being allowed to play

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
I wonder how many livestreams people are going to be doing in their hotel rooms for friendlies/mms/etc.

*ponders*

Lobos

Smash Master
To whom it may concern:

i was wondering

if VGBootCamp doing a livestream for both games?

or just brawl???

if they are doing just brawl

then can i borrow someone's laptop? (with windows vista or 7 on it)

uhh and yea...

2 Days Son!!!!!!!!!!!!

ima try to meet as many people as i possibly can =)
They are streaming the whole event. Although if you want in on some of that live streaming action it doesn't hurt to ask. ;)

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
http://www.pound.vgbootcamp.com/

Test Stream

We're getting the interlacing thing figured out

We're using livestream.com's service and UStream's Chat

Edit:

Only one computer is allowed to be hooked up to the internet at this event and it's going to be our live streaming computer.(Venue Rules)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I'm just curious as to why the total payout for Genesis singles was 5700$ and the total payout for Pound 4 singles is about 5060$ with about 50 more entrants?

No one rip me a new one for being curious plz!

I know this tournament has a lot more expenses but there is almost a 700 dollar difference in pots plus the difference in the money for 50 plus entrants...

Then again IDK how much it was to enter singles at Genesis so I'm just being curious.
hey, i don't mind people asking where the money went

second shuttle from the hotel =$1000 for the weekend
55 tv's bought=~$1200
hotel room for the swedes for 4 nights =$400
power strips/extension cords = ~$100 for the extra ones, i had plenty
insurance policy on the venue = $300
flat venue price = $1500/day= $4500
tables/chair rents= $4/table per day, $1/chair per day, adds up to ~1k for the supplies i need
gas to pick up tvs over the past 6 months = no idea, but adds up a good bit
printer supplies for all the pools=$30
helped a few people get to tourney for added hype = ~300$

etc etc etc

just lots of random little expenses i have to pay first. i have to make sure the tournament runs smooth for everyone before prizes become a concern, and i have to make sure myself and my team are compensated for all of our work, which at this point we are NOT where we would like to be at all, sadly. But that's okay, maybe some people will help @ the venue if they have a little extra, but either way, thats where a bulk of the money has gone.

OH not to mention STUPID paypal takes out a cut of every transaction, i know i've lost at least $1k that way too.

Lovage

Smash Hero
pretty sure this has been asked before, but, what happens to all those TVs you bought once the tournament is over?

DJRome

Smash Hero
isn't paypal 2.9% +.30? unless u've gotten 30k, i doubt it's close to 1k. and 36 dollar tv average? dayum. craigslist ftw

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
This tourny is starting to feel like a ****ing We Are The World event, the Nes Noob thing is fine but anything else take that **** somewhere else, I wanna hear some **** talk, USA should be pumped their about to beast all over Europe in melee, not lame banter between Banks and Ally about some stupid **** they can discuss on AIM.

Plus we still need them Wii's

and boo @ Meep not being allowed to play
Suck a **** hoe, it was 6 am no one was on, go back to sleep or eat some chicken.,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom