• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

strawhats

Smash Master
LOL...I know, anyway. there is too much hype with plank re-opening registration.

Another 100 melee people maybe.

if that happens good God, this tournament would have jumped up on the Gimme that Crack List.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
Rofl no, you have to know the limitations of Peach and then do whatever is necessary to hide her weaknesses because no weakness = the greatest strength since there's nothing for the opponent to exploit. Though the game is limited in itself so there's things you would like to do but you still get punished for it just because of the character.. Like Ganon's recovery, what the hell do you know to recover vs a spacie? loll. Well.. instead I would try to control the middle as much as possible since I know Ganon's recovery sucks for example.

Number 2, you gotta love the game, loving the game allows you to be more creative and have more fun. Someone who hates the game just won't be able to tap in the hidden power since he won't care as much.

Number 3, playing for the fans? Ok then what does that leave you if you fail? That's up to you guys to figure out.

Edit: I'm gonna say why I play this game. First off, I love it, I love that I can use my perfect style of play into action. I mean like being aggressive and be in people's face at all times and scare them while making them do what I want. I think that's pretty epic. Which is why I chose Ganon because he bests represents my style.. his power is too ****ing good. Also I play to defeat every opponent that I come across, no matter who I have to face then I'm gonna do my best to defeat them one by one. If I fail, then that means I got defeated and that's it. And then I can continue on fighting, all happy.. because this is what it means the true competition. I love fighting. =D And of course I love everyone as well. =P
maadd props for this post its exactly the same way i think about the game i just plat 2 learn and cuz the game is fun... but wen i have priorities ouside of smash i dont really play well cuz of streess and w/e so yea i only play smash wen i have the time and money. right now i now im temporarily retired so i gave my pound registration to someone else

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
Warrior Challenge

okay so I see too much hype for KAGE
in one of the smashfests in montreal we once did the KAGE challenge (better call it the warrior challenge )
here is the story:
we were all brawl players
back when montreal played brawl
alot of us had no melee experience at all at least competitively, so we had a crew battle on one side KAGE ALONE and on the other side was all the brawl players who never played melee, kage took 32 stocks!!! he kept 4 stocking everyone and we had to cheat and send an old melee player twice to take him out!!

THIS has to be done in pound 4 :
-get brawl players that never played melee
-The warrior KAGE
-crew battle
-watch the **** and keep counting the stocks!!!
-record and get millions of views on youtube

smashmachine

Smash Lord
in one of the smashfests in montreal we once did the KAGE challenge (better call it the warrior challenge )
here is the story:
alot of us had no melee experience at all at least competitively, so we had a crew battle on one side KAGE ALONE and on the other side was all the brawl players who never played melee, kage took 32 stocks!!! he kept 4 stocking everyone and we had to cheat and send an old melee player twice to take him out!!

-The warrior KAGE
-crew battle
i would lol if the first person picked sheik and won :laugh:

Laijin

Smash Hero
here is the story:

-The warrior KAGE
-crew battle
Mike G took out South Carolina by himself in one crew battle. And they all played melee in tournament.
So Mike G is better than Kage at one man crew battles.
Discuss

Banks

Smash Hero
almost any melee player who is very good or great can gimp brawl players or non-melee players four times in a row efficiently enough to defeat an impressive number of them in a crew battle.

Mike G took out South Carolina by himself in one crew battle. And they all played melee in tournament.
Discuss
Mike G is a legend among legendary legends (/hubfamily)

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
Discuss
almost any melee player who is very good or great can gimp brawl players or non-melee players four times in a row efficiently enough to defeat an impressive number of them in a crew battle.
they all lack the warrior mentality thats the difference! and it's not GANON

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Discuss
PLEASE tell me that was recorded. PLEASE.

I would want to see the Kage thing. I also wanna see that in a teams format. Only they have to play VaNz and Tec0. (ROFL)

Speaking of teams. I miss Team 1st place =(. That team was amazing.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Discuss
LOL
first off, only two of those guys could ****ing L cancel. Me and EverlastingYay.
second, we entered as a joke, which was pretty much understood by everyone...

except you, I guess?

that tournament was what, four years ago?

Mike G had far greater accomplishments than that >_>

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
the only matches I know of from that entire tournament are Azen's Luigi vs Mike G's Peach.

maybe some of Azen VS Chillin from there too.

cause it was so long ago, recording wasn't as... commonplace or easy as it is now. it was funny though.
what was REALLY funny was Georgia's crew cheering us on against Florida, cause they needed to beat them in points hahaha I remember Green Mario ****** me too

Laijin

Smash Hero
I can't find the pound 4 ruleset thread but we're definitely doing stage striking.
Stage Striking seems dumb IMO. I like just banning one stage and sticking with that more. If this game was more like T6: BR, then stage striking would be awesome since it pretty much comes down to Walls or No Walls and banning one stage would just be dumb.
Maybe its because I have not tried it yet, but we'll see what P4's ruleset is.

Edit: I see. It is in P4's ruleset. Thanks. I hope it works out well

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
i wonder if il break any shields in melee while here

and who the highest placing ROB will be :)
Didn't you break Milos' shield at GOTM's tournament? That was mad funny, and then Jman tried to take his controller abd you yelled "don't take his controller!". That was too funny :laugh:.

Stage Striking seems dumb IMO. I like just banning one stage and sticking with that more. If this game was more like T6: BR, then stage striking would be awesome since it pretty much comes down to Walls or No Walls and banning one stage would just be dumb.
Maybe its because I have not tried it yet, but we'll see what P4's ruleset is.

Edit: I see. It is in P4's ruleset. Thanks. I hope it works out well
We stage strike to remove the use of the random button because typically competitive players don't like random effects to their game.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i broke 4 shields that tourney, oddly enough on only 2 people lol

milos and old man finnegan, broke each of their shields once in singles and once in doubles

both singles matches r on utube. the milos match's commentary was epic cause it was loud enough to pick up everyone in the background

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
yea i broke 4 shields that tourney, oddly enough on only 2 people lol

milos and old man finnegan, broke each of their shields once in singles and once in doubles

both singles matches r on utube. the milos match's commentary was epic cause it was loud enough to pick up everyone in the background
old man finnegan had anger issues.lol

Laijin

Smash Hero
We stage strike to remove the use of the random button because typically competitive players don't like random effects to their game.
Smash is the most random competitive fighting game ever. There is so much random **** that can happen in one match and that could easily completely change the match around to be in the favor on one person. I had personally thought competitive smash players accepted this. So removing something that was random, yes, but in no way will change the outcome of the match is the reason for the new stage rule set?

This is just my personal opinion, but I don't see the difference on how the outcome of the match will change if two players follow the new stage striking ruleset OR if they go with the old ruleset. The reason you gave earlier as to why they made up the new stage striking rule was not a really good reason.

Edit: I'm not against the new Stage Striking. I just thought the reason ETWIST gave me was random. LOL

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I've been wondering, is that poll up at the top about the ruleset accurate? It has abut 950 votes, which is a bit less than twice the people attending. That means a huge number of votes are from people who shouldn't have any say in the ruleset.

GSUB

Smash Lord
Stage striking exists so that the first round will be as statistically even as possible; the stage that is chosen will probably be a stage that both players are okay with, or don't hate, or not either characters best stage.
Because we all know how important that first match.

i dont think the ruleset is based off the poll anyway.
maybe thats because i still count stadium as part of the standard stage list >.>

edit: stadium 4 lyfe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom