• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Would Ken show up to this? Like totally unexpected and unannounced.

maybe he's already prereg'd under a different name

there's no way to tell
From what Caotic told me, Ken is completely done with smash and mostly hangs out with his Survivor friends. He's obviously too good for us normal gamer people now :psycho:

So while Isai coming is a huge surprise, people, give it a rest. Ken ain't coming back. End of story.

I hope he doesn't bring manacloud. That dudes an ***hole.
Agreed. At first I felt bad for him, but not after all the stories of him banning people for poor reasons and him getting online and *****ing at the entire community.

strawhats

Smash Master
LOL. wtf is Ken doing. XD

Also, Isai is coming to this?

wut.
1) Kenny... I miss him

2) I wish he would come back. But I guess its too late for him, He's out on his own adventure now.

3) Isai, SS, Darkrain, Scar, and Hax are all going to this ****. Its first time that this has happened.

GET HYPE.

Keith_Da_Thief

Smash Journeyman
if you can't handle going to the store, buying something, then punching some numbers in your computer AND you are incapable of making a single friend who CAN handle it, how can you possibly handle spending a weekend outside the loving arms of ma and pa?

if you straight up can't afford it, you DEFINITELY shouldn't be going since
1) you were too dumb to spend the SIX MONTHS advance notice making/saving enough money
2) dropping a hundred on smash is pretty low on the list of things to do when you don't have money to burn
ummmm, im going, im 20... soooo... dont know if that post was for me. i just think its dumb that u dont think about others who cant do the things u mentioned previously, but still deserve to go.

rhan

Smash Hero
If Ken is comming. He's using a fake name to hide from the paparazzi. After being on Survivor, those people from VH1 want him to do a crappy *** reality date show called "Smashed".
jk

If Ken does show up though he better wear a Survivor shirt and those New Balances he wore in that interview.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
If Ken is comming. He's using a fake name to hide from the paparazzi. After being on Survivor, those people from VH1 want him to do a crappy *** reality date show called "Smashed".
jk

If Ken does show up though he better wear a Survivor shirt and those New Balances he wore in that interview.
That would be amazing if Ken showed up.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
1) Kenny... I miss him

2) I wish he would come back. But I guess its too late for him, He's out on his own adventure now.

3) Isai, SS, Darkrain, Scar, and Hax are all going to this ****. Its first time that this has happened.

GET HYPE.
Falcon tourney, double elim. We'll see who reigns supreme.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Off-topic: Your sig. That post hold the truth. Mario hype :D

Oh yes, and Mr. Hoang needs to go.

pockyD

Smash Legend
ummmm, im going, im 20... soooo... dont know if that post was for me. i just think its dumb that u dont think about others who cant do the things u mentioned previously, but still deserve to go.
NOBODY "deserve"s to go

especially people who are too dumb to understand how prepayment works

are you seriously 20? hahaha

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'm glad I'm going, but I kind of wish that my dad wouldn't go with me. I guess it's a bit hard for my parents to let me out of their sight. =/

:069:

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I'm glad I'm going, but I kind of wish that my dad wouldn't go with me. I guess it's a bit hard for my parents to let me out of their sight. =/

Dude Polt my sincerest apologies and condolences are with you on this once in a life time (or once until next Pound) experience. Although maybe your dad will learn from this by seeing you running around and having fun while he sits back and does nothing. And in turn will no longer accompany you on these trips.

Should you need to get away my twion and I will set up an underground railroad type thing and sneak you out without him noticing. We have means of distracting him (yelling "look behind you!" is our most prominent).

Is it just me or did Ken let stardom get to his head? Can't blame the guy really, but we all know the reason he got on survivor was because he mentioned "World Champion Gamer" (forgot to mention he was dethroned) and they said "Hey we need a gamer on here!". No appreciation I swear. Although I never met the guy so who knows.

Hey PockyD, how old are you if you don't mind my asking? You seem about my age (22), but with your intellectual and often well debated posts you seem like the guy in your avi. (PM me if you're shy about posting it, curiousity is killing me haha).

And while on the topic of how easy it is to pay online, I've had a bank account since I was 15, checking and credit card since 16, and I've done responsible banking and financing since. Even despite that it really is not that hard to go into a walgreens and pick up a visa gift card. They're everywhere! Get 50 bucks (which was easy to do if you actually saved up instead of spending it on that one expensive Naruto headband that you wore for a week then lost it somewhere in your room), buy it, go to Paypal.com, create a temp account or make one, and boom you're set.

Someone please explain to me how thats hard.

One more thing on my long wall :p

If you're parents are strict, odds are it's your fault. Either you did something wrong, or you haven't shown them how responsible/grown up you are. My mom is strict as hell (probably because I don't know my dad/johns), but I still went on road trips and traveled. NO JOHNS

:link:

SuperRad

Smash Master
My dad went with me to my first tournament. He drove me and my friend 6 hours down to socal for MLG Anaheim. One the first day he showed up and looked around and then just took off to do his own thing for the rest of the weekend. [I was 16 at the time].

I can understand why parents would be wary to send their teenager into a strange place filled with mostly older dudes alone, but I think most recognize almost immediately that there really isn't anything to be worried of.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Dude Polt my sincerest apologies and condolences are with you on this once in a life time (or once until next Pound) experience. Although maybe your dad will learn from this by seeing you running around and having fun while he sits back and does nothing. And in turn will no longer accompany you on these trips.
Well, they learned their lesson for local and state tournies, but they are still hesitant about OoS tournies. This is probably going to be the only OoS tournament I go to before I go to college in the summer, but I'm thinking of going to WHOBO 2 (although I think my dad and his wallet will say no to that :laugh:).

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm 23 i think

frankly, there's much less to be worried about at a large, public event such as this one than there is at a local tournament held in someone's basement or in a back room somewhere

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
My dad went with me to my first tournament. He drove me and my friend 6 hours down to socal for MLG Anaheim. One the first day he showed up and looked around and then just took off to do his own thing for the rest of the weekend. [I was 16 at the time].

I can understand why parents would be wary to send their teenager into a strange place filled with mostly older dudes alone, but I think most recognize almost immediately that there really isn't anything to be worried of.
qft

im glad parents are interested enough to go and at least see. Trust me if they are going with you they are mildly interested in at least what goes on, so like its better than you may think. yeah he's gonna embarass you a few times but w/e at least he cares enough to show and support you in what you wanna do. Its not that much of a bummer. I've seen guys show up to things like this with parents or just mom/dad and I usually run into them at some point and chit chat. I guess i just come off as a really nice guy because i usually end up talking with the parent or whoever the guardian type figure may be. Trust me its not that bad

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
That's what I told them!

I mean, I went to Japan for 11 days without my family. You'd think that they would be able to handle a weekend with me being in Maryland.

EDIT: And it's not that I don't appreciate him being there with me; I just feel sorry for him because he'd have nothing to do.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
qft

im glad parents are interested enough to go and at least see. Trust me if they are going with you they are mildly interested in at least what goes on, so like its better than you may think. yeah he's gonna embarass you a few times but w/e at least he cares enough to show and support you in what you wanna do. Its not that much of a bummer. I've seen guys show up to things like this with parents or just mom/dad and I usually run into them at some point and chit chat. I guess i just come off as a really nice guy because i usually end up talking with the parent or whoever the guardian type figure may be. Trust me its not that bad
Daaaaaang and Swift with the best post I've read so far. I usually talk to parents because either I'm the host and it's respectful or usually because I like them to know my friend (their kid) is safe. I guess that my thing is that my family was always supportive of my bro and I but never showed interest in whatever we did lol. Wow now I feel like a psychiatrist is going to ask me what the rorschach test makes me think of (pretty flowers and clouds btw).

:link:

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
some do even take an interest
I lol'd

yeah honestly those are the coolest dads imo. it doesn't matter if they dun have anything to do but they're there. Trust me parents aren't dumb they have a good idea of what they're getting into already and know that theres gonna be lots of sitting around. At least you arent all "omg my dad is coming FML!!!"

SuperRad

Smash Master
That's what I told them!

I mean, I went to Japan for 11 days without my family. You'd think that they would be able to handle a weekend with me being in Maryland.

EDIT: And it's not that I don't appreciate him being there with me; I just feel sorry for him because he'd have nothing to do.

If he gets bored, he can go out and explore the town. When I went to MLG Anaheim with my dad, he went to a card room to play poker and looked for thrift shops.
I don't know the area we're going to be in, but I'm sure there's something he can go do if he gets bored.

edit: Yeah, what SwiftBass said. [btw, I liked your cute-chick-from-Community avatar better]
Your dad knows what he is getting into. But most [supportive] parents are willing to do it for their kids, it seems. I know my dad was always willing to put up with the **** he did to get me to tournaments.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
SuperRad, you shut the hell up. thats the chick from outlaw star that died for the main character in the first episode (I think), she was a beast.

I freaking loved that show... I need to go rewatch it... like right now..

also, one of the ness main regulars at my tournaments always comes with his dad, and his dad plays in the tourneys too, hes madd chill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom