• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Toasty<3

We need to play again bro. More YLink vs Ness. Or if you want to try your luck. YLink vs Marth. :p
LOL I saved SoVa's A** for registration.

Unfortunately, I'm kinda broke right now...putting a huge damper in things [since almost all of my extra money went into the new business we got last week]...can't wait for Pound 4, though...I'm probably going walk away with more money than 2nd place gets XD [of course...it's just my money being returned to me >_<] but it'll be pretty great to get all that money back since I need it pretty badly hah

****...that reminds me...gotta find a Bank of America around the venue, definitely not walking around with all that cash haha

oh right: hell yes, YL vs. Ness. I love and hate that matchup! YL can be really tough for Ness [but OMFG nowhere nearly bad as LINK good lord...then again, the only Link I've played in like the last year has been Skler and he soundly pushed my **** in at ROM2 because I had no idea his nair beats EEEVVERRRRYYTHING of Ness's ;__;.......that and Skler's just a ****ing MONSTER...love that guy =D]

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
**** Sheik.
Eh **** you buddy! (to quote terrence and Phillip :p)

The best low tier in the world is Taj's M2. But Taj is ma boy so I have to give it up to him :p

And Ness is the best character in the game! Get out of here with that low tier garbage! Look at how he manhandles link! (had to do it at least once more lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St1fHazzXY8

:link:

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Yeah, while my parents have never stayed with me for a tournament, they have shown interest in how it runs.

At Apex for example, when my dad picked me up, I said goodbye to everyone; and he said: "You know Bri, I really like these kids, they're all really nice; and it looks like you all always have a great time." "If there's a local tournament some time, I wanna come watch it, would that be okay?"

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Eh **** you buddy! (to quote terrence and Phillip :p)

The best low tier in the world is Taj's M2. But Taj is MAH BOI so I have to give it up to him :p

Link! Top tier tiers is what all true warriors strive for!

Great! I'll grab my tier spot!

There is no time, Low tier is enough!

-_-'||..

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
dang Murph you've been slackin, good to know you're back XD!

Trigun was the business, son! It was captivating once you really got into the story and you get a bit emotionally invested in the characters and their relationships....

but it ain't no Bebop, that's for sure!

edit: Twin - LOL after The Wombo Combo happened, my video completely stopped getting a steady flow of views hahaha...

Melee Ness is definitely a showstopper though...too bad it's near impossible to land cool glitches in tournament.....oh, wait.

sup, G-Reg ;)

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I don't think Link necessarily "sucked" in Melee.

I think SSB64's back room is wrong about Ness, and I still think he should be at least top 6.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I don't think Link necessarily "sucked" in Melee.

I think SSB64's back room is wrong about Ness, and I still think he should be at least top 6.
yea, link doesn't suck in melee.

But ness def sucks in 64. He's really good on stage but when he's knocked off stage he's DEAD. No, not like cf and falco in melee, no, not like olimar in brawl, he literally has no good options at any time to recover. Just think about, he's vulnerable for about half a sec. when he's trying to hit himself, but on top of that it's hard as **** to sweetspot the edge with and most likely you're going to ride up the wall and be vulnerable for 2 seconds. Any competent player knows how to punish that. Plus when you're in a game where you can get spiked no problem and you're gonna get thrown far off stage all of the time you're going to need a okay recovery and ness' is just horrible.

tubes

Smash Ace
I heard that Plank and a few others were giving rides to and from the airport on Friday and Tuesday. Is this true?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I heard that Plank and a few others were giving rides to and from the airport on Friday and Tuesday. Is this true?
yeah for gas $. it will be cheaper than a taxi or any sort of bus that could get you here from the airport, though.

tubes

Smash Ace
yeah for gas $. it will be cheaper than a taxi or any sort of bus that could get you here from the airport, though.
Sounds awesome. I might already have a ride to and from the airport but if not I'll definitely take you up on that offer. Do we have to reserve a spot somewhere or is it first come first serve?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
after reg closes ill make a thread for everyone to post when they arrive. ill then start to plan times/trips for my crew to take to pick people up. some people may have to wait at the airport for a little bit, but we will get everyone taken care of.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yo plank there gonna be t-shirts or strobe lights?
Is truegamer making pound4 shirts?
Is there gonna be a lady on the mic during matches telling people to not stand on chairs?
Is g$ gonna respond to her with "shut the **** up."?
will semi finals be best of five?
Will there be a trailer thats not just TA doin combos on each other?
Will waffles/Phil get off on commentary?
will me and you lose to people who we "should" beat at this?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yo plank there gonna be t-shirts or strobe lights?
Is truegamer making pound4 shirts?
Is there gonna be a lady on the mic during matches telling people to not stand on chairs?
Is g$ gonna respond to her with "shut the **** up."?
will semi finals be best of five?
Will there be a trailer thats not just TA doin combos on each other?
Will waffles/Phil get off on commentary?
will me and you lose to people who we "should" beat at this?
tshirts yes. strobe lights no

no. someone else will be

no, i dont care who stands on what, just dont fall.

g$ is a g

my goal is for the entire 32 man bracket to be b/o5, with finals being b/o7. depends on time tho. either way yea semis will be BO5.

no probably not, TA combos are too good

yes they will

nah, im gonna **** everyone and u will beat lots of ****ty WC folks

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
haha I remember seeing that back in the day...

gj givin the business to a mediocre sheik who doesn't know how to DESTROY Ness XD!!

But I was more joking than anything, considering I DID do spike-jacket-to-PK-Flash on G-reg in tourney...but those vids will never see the light of day out a bunch of factors that ultimately add up to "fairness."

Anyone else looking forward to hilarious/epic team names people are gonna have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom