• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 4 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
zephy i guess it kinda was an opinion... but mango did play way better. Armada did play shaky as **** but he got his **** together.

Mango is just gonna go fox on that dude and beat him with the best char in the game.

HE DID say that.

Foy

Smash Champion
Armada got lucky. Its the opposite of your opinion of huge european **** riders.

Im not saying he isnt good. America wasn't ready for it. I don't think anything besides Canada is beasting into top 10.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
It was quite obvious to see that Mango gained a lot of confidence after he managed to land this rest on Armada's roll. The crowd helped as from cheering a bit for Mango, it went absolutely crazy.
On the opposite, after this rest Armada lost part of his confidence (given the situation, who wouldn't ?), and it went downhill after the lost set in grand finals. As he told me, being one hit away from to win the biggest smash tournament ever while you were dominating, only to have everything to redo because your opponent punished one of the very few mistakes you did... that's really frustrating, and it my opinion, it's one of the reasons explaining why the last set wasn't that close.

Anyway, both of them showed they have what it takes to win this tournament. After a few monthes, they probably improved and changed the way they play. Both of them could beat the other, now, and that's what it makes the tournament so hyped. I really hope it will be as epic as Genesis, even if one of them doesn't make it to the Grand Finals because of another awesome player
Zephy, you've never played Mango.

Granted, I haven't played Armada, so the only information I have is what Mango did to Armada last. Mango will win, unless he does something to make sure he doesn't play fine. The kid will probably drink though, so oh well.
That's also just ur opinion JBM.

I don't think Mango played so much better after match 2.4 @ genesis, more like Armada was in some kind shock mode. He told me himself that. He couldn't focus right cuz he had just lost a match which would make him worlds best at melee, and so on.
All this sounds like Johns....no offense. Someone being in shock means they lost mentally, which is a HUGE part of the battle. That means that Mango held his mentality longer. If Mango drinks and loses...that means he'll be C.O.L. No offense, Hugs. It's his choice, and he'll have to deal with it.

If Armada knows he lost mentally...then it's up to him to re-focus his mind. Don't bring that up as a John. Mango KNOWS why he lost RoM2. He wasn't focused ENOUGH. To say he wasn't focused at all is nonsense, because he wouldn't have won teams. He also wouldn't have placed as high as he did. I dare say he underestimated, moreso than anything.

"I lost because I couldn't focus...I need to work on that." Something tells me that's what Armada said. If he just said he lost because he couldn't focus and left it at that...it means he's johning. You, Zephy, are making it seem like he's johning right now.

"Armada only lost because he was in shock...if he hadn't have...(insert screw-up here) he'd NEVER have lost."

WE don't know that. If Armada got shook and Mango took advantage of that...guess what? Mango > Armada. It's like how M2K got shook and he couldn't handle Mango at RoM. It was settled then and there. Mango > M2K. Face facts and deal with it.

Armada got lucky.
Im not saying he isnt good. America wasn't ready for it.
That means America got cocky. They were expecting him to be good, but not as good as he was. They slept on him. Bad idea...period. Armada didn't get lucky at all. (except the fact that he got LuCKy in brackets, LOL) He handles business. He played his all with confidence and not OVER confidence. He had the mental edge. Kid is beyond the normal player...period.

There are players like that in America. Some don't play anymore. Others just don't focus on the game as much or enough. So Armada has the edge. We'll see what happens when Genesis comes around. Just assuming that he got "lucky" means nothing. He did his duty fair and square.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Hi Ace. =p

They're busy talking about Armada and johns right now, so we should watch. shhhhh
Lol <3 PP. One of the few players to actually scare me after watching you go off, xD. I want friendlies =p. Then I can have the PP experience before we interview you. ^_^

PP is def placing high in this tournament. PP vs. Amsah will be hype....if it happens. I want to be there.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Dawwwww
I'm alright. =p

Yeah we should friendly! That'd be cool with me.

I'm really excited to play everyone good from Europe, so I'll expect everyone to root for me when I do. <3

SuperRad

Smash Master
There is not justification behind saying Armada 'got lucky' [other than maybe his set with Mew2King, but that's a different story]. Being underestimated isn't a product of luck. He had an advantage: none of the top players at Genesis had played him before. But that works both ways.

I think Mango probably underestimated Armada the most [and I can't really blame him, as he had steamrolled everyone at RoM and was uncontested at the top for a long time]. But at the same time, after one set of getting whooped he wasn't underestimating Armada any more. And it STILL took 4 games to break him [or figure him out or demoralize him, whatever you want to call it] in that second set.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
mango actually won a close set v chu at rom it wasn't really a steamroll, mostly was though. just wanted to bring that set up! chu dat is so good

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
There is not justification behind saying Armada 'got lucky' [other than maybe his set with Mew2King, but that's a different story]. Being underestimated isn't a product of luck. He had an advantage: none of the top players at Genesis had played him before. But that works both ways.

I think Mango probably underestimated Armada the most [and I can't really blame him, as he had steamrolled everyone at RoM and was uncontested at the top for a long time]. But at the same time, after one set of getting whooped he wasn't underestimating Armada any more. And it STILL took 4 games to break him [or figure him out or demoralize him, whatever you want to call it] in that second set.
This. Even American players know what's up. It was legit.

****! I can't lose now!

Mad <3 to Cactus. =)

Thanks for the support haha.
Friendlies it is. Also...with Cactus in your corner...you have the minds of a thousand Smash geniuses

mango actually won a close set v chu at rom it wasn't really a steamroll, mostly was though. just wanted to bring that set up! chu dat is so good
It was streamed because I watched it as it happened. Chu was SO close to winning it wasn't even funny. The match came down to last stock high %. I still think Chu should have went Pika, but that was the past. ICz ftw.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Also, this Ganon hype is getting a bit out of control. Ganon is a mid tier character, and he's worse than Samus. He's a simple character who reaps big rewards off of his opponent's easily avoidable mistakes. Almost everything Ganon does has to be pre-emptive. Just be slow, patient, and don't do anything out of random urges.

Not Saying I'm the anti-Ganon, it's one of my harder matchups simply for lack of experience. But really, he's too simple a character.
Shhhhhhh don't tell them the secret

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
I think there are actually 400 melee players going to Pound 4, but but the otrher 40-50 did not register but are just going in order to play Friendlies, MMs Seriouslies, and/or participate in rews for their region.

Maybe Forward will go anyway...same for sethlon, DSF, cort, etc...

Lol poor kirby not even King Kirby/ PC/ SW could save Kirbyfrom being at the bottom of the food chain.
Yeah PC has a BEAST Kirbster

He did make arrangements with some people so yeah. Like Lake said expect this tournament to be the biggest ever...unless Genesis 2 has anything to say about it.

I wanna see Korea (They **** at melee), Brazil, Australia, more Latin American countries, more European pros (Finland, Italians, Swedes including EK and Calle W), a few Japanese players who still play including Bombsoldier, and Mach Dash at the next International tourney...that and the people who actually say they're going to go initially to actually stick it out and go so that the next tourney will have like 600-700 people for melee.

Imagine if DA starts playing melee again. (Mike G's goal to get his crew back into the game)

I'm DA but unfortunately it'll only be Mike G, Wes ( for brawl ... yeah I know ) and me at #.
Only in the past 9 months have I gotten Melee tourney worthy. It's thanks to my mentor and the best friend anyone could ask for, Jenson ( DireVulcan ) and my NC CATFISH !!!
I plan on getting much better at Melee now that I've seen alot of results from practice and sets with the people of NC. I might or might not be in the top/near top one day. Who knows. But I practice too hard and I have a great crew backing me up and good friends. So Strawhats maybe your dream of seeing DA back at it isn't too far off. + I might be doing commentary @ Pound. Noone knows yet though;)

Friendlies it is. Also...with Cactus in your corner...you have the minds of a thousand Smash geniuses
You have no idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyote

MacD

Banned via Administration
PP, when it's you vs me in grand finals (i mean obviously foy and chok speak the truth) how are we supposed to cheer for each other, i mean i want you to win... but i want me to win

how can we deal with this conundrum

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well MacD, we're using the others' tags. We could use the others' character maybe?

Seems flawless to me.

KK raises a strong point though.

DAftFlip

Smash Journeyman
DRPP ... You're cordially invited.

The hopi say peyote is a plant that percieves reality in six dimensions.
I fee like I can think in six when I'm ... cactusin it up. :p

@ PP - In honor of going to Pound, you being so freakin good and a great guy, and Wes and Mike G behind me, we're bringing back DA for a day! You will be DA for a weekend !!! ( I hype this tooo hard ) lmao
W00t ?!?!?!

DAtFISH FTW

redundance - Edit @ 2:54

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I wanna see Amsah vs Peepee too, now someone has mentioned it o_o
And zget vs peepee, that would be way too ****.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I fee like I can think in six when I'm ... cactusin it up. :p

@ PP - In honor of going to Pound, you being so freakin good and a great guy, and Wes and Mike G behind me, we're bringing back DA for a day! You will be DA for a weekend !!! ( I hype this tooo hard ) lmao
W00t ?!?!?!

DAtFISH FTW

redundance - Edit @ 2:54
PP will be def DA for a day and the next 2 days :)

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Falco doesnt win what? Mango's falco / jiggs are gonna be in top 3 for sure unless he gets " drunk " again.

angel_without_heart

Smash Apprentice
no one have talked about Strawhat Dahean , a spanish guy
I know i'm not as good as pros but i'm able to recognize amazing player and he's one of them.
i predict top5 for this guy.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
Exactly. Armada got lucky.

1.)PP
2.)MacD
3.)Spife
4.)Hax
5.)Ken Y
hahah you're the man!!

and nope no pound 4 me and i highly doubt ill be in n e tournaments for years 2 come since i got my license suspended

:( ... and thanx 4 the hype i am pretty **** :) n we wouldve teamed for this ... double jiggz all day ... until we wanna win :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom