• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 4 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Composeur

Smash Ace
My mistake about the sheik/puff matchup. I guess m2k still does go Fox against the puffs. Maybe he's buffing his fox up, since a good fox would be an asset in beating several of his strongest opponents, who likely will include Amsah.

Oh we have Biscuit and a french jiggz player who are both really good. Not hbox/mango good though.
I'll have to check them out! What's the French player's name?

Jiggz is just gay, and imo Hbox has become, maybe not a better, but atleast a more troublesome player than m2k.
Oh this we are in complete agreement.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'm really not sure, I'll check in a few.

I don't think Biscuit has any good videos online, he's even better than Isai...At sandbagging. Seriously, this guy sandbaggs like no other, and actually wins with it. I believe he got 4th/5th at alliance, the last big dutch tournament in the netherlands. (Armada, aniolas, and a few other foreigners where present)

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I'm really not sure, I'll check in a few.

I don't think Biscuit has any good videos online, he's even better than Isai...At sandbagging. Seriously, this guy sandbaggs like no other, and actually wins with it. I believe he got 4th/5th at alliance, the last big dutch tournament in the netherlands. (Armada, aniolas, and a few other foreigners where present)
7th, not 4th/5th.

Composeur

Smash Ace
I watched Infernum's ESA3 vids. His puff is like HBox's but without the obscene number of rests. Poilon seems like he favored other characters at the most recent tourney there are vids for, but looks really good.

I really really hope I'm wrong but

hungrybox in the top 2.
No way do I think HBox can beat Armada or mango. That much I'm pretty confident of.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I think before anyone sleeps on Armada they should watch his set with Mango again.

After watching that set for the 2nd time I can't see him getting any worse than top 5, probably top 3.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Brackets are going to be amazing.

Amsah is a tricky fellow. He's got a lot of mind games. (I expect him to get no less than top 5, to be quite honest)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lIcE_-tWv8&feature=related
It's old, but it's SO good.

--------------------------------
A note to both sides. 'cuz I <3 the smash community in general:

American players- the thing I've noticed about top European players. They've got plenty of mindgames. They also can be pretty clutch. Don't sleep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5RLGs394Jw&feature=related

The same could be said to the European players. Don't sleep on American players. A lot of times they just awaken when they're pushed into a corner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qna80MbcAAc&feature=related

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
MINDGAMES+tech >> mindgames+TECHSSS

imo
I repsect your opinion. I can understand why.

I would have to say they're even. It really becomes a matter of adaptability and who makes the first error.

Developing both is a good idea. Once you hit a certain point...it's your own personal playstyle preference that molds whether you lean more towards mindgames or tech skill.

Edit: I consider EK to still be top 8. His recent tournament performance proves it. I also consider Calle W to be up there as well. Neither of which are attending. I COULD be wrong, but I do keep up with Euro smash to an extent.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I watched Infernum's ESA3 vids. His puff is like HBox's but without the obscene number of rests. Poilon seems like he favored other characters at the most recent tourney there are vids for, but looks really good.
Poilon isn't a Puff players. He just happen to be good enough with every character, and use Fox/Falco/Sheik/Marth/Falcon and Puff in tournament.

And Benoit was only quickly mentioned, but his Puff is also really good (maybe better than Poilon's). He was mad rusty because he didn't have enough time to play, but now he's got more free time and lives near Paris (where MANY players live), he improved a lot. Hopefully we'll have new vids of him soon.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'd like to say it will be a bigger upset than Kage beating Mango twice, but we all know VBM is going to do it so there's no point to hyping it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hungrybox 4th

M2K 2nd

SS 7th

Armada 3rd

Mango 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom