• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4 - most exciting and heartbreaking sets?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i gotta admit, grand finals was the most boring matches of the entire tournament, but you deserved to make it as far as you did. you're a phenominal player. if mango wasn't in grand finals with you, i can guarantee that there would be WAY the heck more hype than there was.

and as far as heartbreaking matches go... i was so sad to see armada losing to amsah

amsah's freakin ridiculous o.O but it just sux, because amsah was doing Dthrow -> Fair all day, whereas in the PAL version, that would never happen. not taking anything away from amsah, he's a really amazing player and one of the most awesome people you'll ever meet, it's just i would've loved to see Armada make it to the top again. there would've been so much more hype

same would've happened if Amsah defeated Hbox. that would've drove the entire venue insane lol.

and how in the world did Jman get 4 stocked by PP but still end up winning the set?? wtf?????
PP pulled a Rubyiris. Poor guy. Worst feeling in the world.

AXE 09

Smash Master
that was actually lucky not jman
oh shoot my bad lol.

M2k, you gotta have more confidence. we all know you can do it.

you know what i think would also help you a lot? if you just stopped playing brawl :)

you know... i don't think it's that you're getting any worse, it's just that Armada and Mango are getting a lot better. i might be wrong, but... i think that if you just started playing brawl less and melee more, you could get back on top. i know that even someone with such a high skill level like yourself can learn new tricks and get even better than you are now.

if you were to get 1st at melee, you might make even more money than you would playing both melee and brawl

jugfingers

Smash Champion
hbox vs mango winner finals was the tensest matches for me, I really wanted either amsah or armada to beat hbox in loserfinals and then have an epic european vs mango
(USA) grandfinals, and hbox came really close to beating mango so I was on the edge of cause I knew if mango got knocked into the losers he'd probably beat either armada and amsah but I thought they might have a chance against hungrybox, guess I was wrong.

I didn't watch grandfinals though, did hungrybox come close, was it puff dittos? what happened?

also SS 2vs1 comeback in loserfinals against pp-lozr was amazing.

also hax's 2vs1 comeback vs darkrain and ss was stupendous.

linguini vs axe was heartbreaking,

but the falcon only tournament was by far the hypest most exciting event of the tourney, glad I caught that on the livestream.

hax vs ss was also awesome.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I feel like I ruined Pound 4.

.___.
How? The only character you play is Puff. If anything Mango could've stood Fox and got *****.

;)

PP vs Lucky was hella ****. R1 4 stock

Hax$ vs Armada was also hella ****

M2k vs Armada was hella intense. I actually joined the Mew2King chant.

Best first tourney ever.

`DNS`

Smash Lord

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
nah you're awesome you were soooo close you'll get him next time!!

don't listen to the trollvvvvvvvvv

no the people that couldn't beat you did

though the grand finals sucked.. it's natural to play to win :<
you should rly pick up falco xD
I don't think I've ever trolled anyone other than Scar.

People need to stop mistaking my honest opinions with being a troll.

Though I have noticed people who think I'm a troll are usually idiots or ****ty players, so it doesn't matter that much to me.

n1000

Smash Journeyman
Last match of GF was amazing.

Mango slowly dismantles Hbox until he's forced to try a desperation rest, which misses. The crowd and commentators let out a sigh of relief, the tournament is over. The exhausted spectators wait for Mango's inevitable counter-rest... Instead, Mango proceeds to jab Hbox awake and run around like a fool while his disgusted opponent suicides. I know he was wearing a goofy-*** grin after slapping Hungrybox (and everyone watching) right in the face.

I laughed my *** off when I saw it on the stream

VA

Smash Hero
i gotta admit, grand finals was the most boring matches of the entire tournament, but you deserved to make it as far as you did. you're a phenominal player. if mango wasn't in grand finals with you, i can guarantee that there would be WAY the heck more hype than there was.

and as far as heartbreaking matches go... i was so sad to see armada losing to amsah

amsah's freakin ridiculous o.O but it just sux, because amsah was doing Dthrow -> Fair all day, whereas in the PAL version, that would never happen. not taking anything away from amsah, he's a really amazing player and one of the most awesome people you'll ever meet, it's just i would've loved to see Armada make it to the top again. there would've been so much more hype

same would've happened if Amsah defeated Hbox. that would've drove the entire venue insane lol.

and how in the world did Jman get 4 stocked by PP but still end up winning the set?? wtf?????
Amsah said to me before the tournament that in PAL he has no hope of beating Armada Peach vs Sheik. He also said in NTSC he was certain he could defeat him, looks like he was right. It was lucky vs PP with the 4 stock wasn't it?

And Axe you deserve a shoutout, your Pikachu is absolutely insane. You make him a legitimate character the way you play him. Your matches were in there with the most enjoyable to watch at Pound for me. Cept when you went Falco vs Mango....lulz

Eclipsing Binary

Smash Apprentice
Heartbreaking:

Mew2King vs. hungrybox was hands down the most heartbreaking match I've ever seen

Amsah vs. Armada was depressing too, but only because I knew Amsah wouldn't beat hungrybox

M2K vs. Armada was sad because as much as I wanted M2K to win, I knew that Armada had a much better chance of beating hungrybox and mango

silentspectre vs. Armada because as much as I like SS, I feel that if Armada had more Falcon experience, he would've easily won this set, and that might have changed everything

Exciting:

M2K vs. Armada (best set of the tournament IMO)

mango vs. hungrybox WF (exciting for a Jigglypuff ditto; at this point, I was rooting for hungrybox, and he came **** close)

Paix

Smash Apprentice
aren't you the guy who's always whining about not getting better (and then rejecting any advice you get)?
Ruby is the guy that starts "Why does nobody like me threads" and all you need to do is go into any other thread and you'll see his posts explaining why.

For the topic, Scar vs Axe was really exciting. The most heartbreaking would be M2K vs Hungrybox.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Most exciting:

Armada vs. someone, can't remember

Armada vs. M2k

Amsah vs. Armada

Amsah vs. Jman (this made me laugh)

Most heartbreaking:

Hbox vs. Mango, I really wanted hbox to win :(

Hbox vs. Amsah, Amsah was just totally lost with this matchup, he should've needle and bair camped moar.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
ss vs armada was amazing;.

HBox vs Mango WF was sad. :< I wanted HBox to win. Same with Armada vs Amsah. I was watching that at school with a friend and we were like, screaming XD

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
i dont really understand how catfish vs hax/darc isn't at the top of everyones list

Paix

Smash Apprentice
people were treating me like shit LOOOOOONG before I ever started to act like a dick.

furthermore its YOU guys who disliked my blunt, a matter of fact way of expressing my opinions, or presenting facts before ever even attempting to get to know me.

It's bullshit because I had never done anything that remotely even warranted how much hate I received, and I had done nothing but either attempt to improve, or bring my points of views to discussion.

Know the saying "Treat people how you want to be treated?"

I've tried being nice, and civil. I've also tried attempting to find out why people treat me like shit, but no.

The melee community is nothing but a fucking joke. you're all pieces of complete and total trash and as such, I'm going to treat you ***gots as such.
I lol'ed.....

rhan

Smash Hero
Peepee/Lozr vs [Chu/Vidjio(Spelling?)] & [SS/Darkrain]

Those matches count towards both exciting and heartbreaking sets.

I love those guys!

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Most exicting..
Yeah, I'll join the majority and say M2k vs Armada, that set was intense as ****!

Most heartbreaking..
- Hbox vs Mango winners finals, I really really wanted Hbox to win so I could play Mango. And at first it looked like he was going to make it, only to lose in the end.. :urg:
-Overtriforce vs M2k, OVER SHOULD'VE WON THAT MATCH DAMMIT! :mad:

Scar

#HarveyDent
pound was a joke other than the falcon tourney ss sandbagged the **** out of scar and hax.
lmfao

if there's one thing i learn from SS

it's going to be learning how to make every single one of my losses look like sandbagging

so that when axe legitimately ***** my ****

other people will jump in the thread for me and say lol scar wasn't even trying at all

son no one took it super seriously, it was for pride and fun and to put on a good show and to play the other top falcons in the US

if there's one thing that pisses me off it's "i won i'm the best" "i lost i sandbagged"

that shows little to no respect towards your opponents and the game in general

also lol @ rubyiris, the troll who gets trolled

S l o X

Smash Champion

Mango slowly dismantles Hbox until he's forced to try a desperation rest, which misses. The crowd and commentators let out a sigh of relief, the tournament is over. The exhausted spectators wait for Mango's inevitable counter-rest... Instead, Mango proceeds to jab Hbox awake and run around like a fool while his disgusted opponent suicides. I know he was wearing a goofy-*** grin after slapping Hungrybox (and everyone watching) right in the face.

Is that really what happened?

If so Mango's a ****, but those Cali-***s were even bigger ****s for flaming Hbox while he was playing...

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I'll start.

Most exciting:
1) SilentSpectre vs. Armada - upset of the century
2) Darkrain vs. SilentSpectre - my pants got pretty tight
3) Darkrain/SS vs. Dr. PeePee/LoZR - SS pulls off a stomp -> falcon punch in game 1
4) Darkrain/SS vs. Drephen/4% - Darkrain pulls off a 2v1 comeback in game 3
5) Armada/Aniolas vs. Phil/Falcomist - Armada pulls off a 2v1 comeback for the ages in game 3

Most heartbreaking:
1) Darkrain vs. Tope - Darkrain gets a triple knee and all sorts of other combos, only to get Topechased to death in the end
2) Mew2King vs. Hungrybox - M2K lands a uthrow -> uair on Hbox at ~70% on FoD, Hbox lives and comes back to win game 3
3) Armada vs. Amsah - just cause I wanted to see a Mango/Armada rematch
4) Darkrain/SS vs. Mango/Lucky - I turned away in disgust
5) Armada/Aniolas vs. Shaeden/Velynn - Armada pulls off a ridiculous 2v1 comeback last match against MI's top team
I hate that you say this as if Armada could beat Hungrybox guaranteed.

Exciting: SS vs Armada- I **** myself when I heard SS 2-0ed him, and 2 stocked him each match. That got to me thinking "If SS 2 stocked Armada, I can't even begin to think what Darkrain would do to Armada".
Axe vs Scar- Axe gettin off on anyone who thinks they can touch him with Falcon not named Forward(=P, you know i love you jeff).
The fact that DEHF got 13th. <3 Larry's weird yet awesome Falco.

Heartbreaking: Stop losing to Linguini, Jeff =/.
M2K vs Armada: The first match really pissed me off.
HBox losing to Mango in WF and HBox not winning the tourney in general.
Zhu vs Amsah- I really like Amsah's Sheik but I think it'd be really interesting to see Jman vs Zhu since it's never happened, and Zhu vs Armada after that because I think Zhu COULD beat him :)

Moooose

Smash Champion

LOL i love your analysis

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Mew2King vs Armada. That 1st match I swear M2K had it. He went off stage and Armada caught Marth without his 2nd jump = .....

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Hax vs SS was so good that i shed a tear of happiness. Not exageratting even a little bit. During the 3rd match of that set i was literally thinking "I can die happy now" and SS vs Darkrain hadnt even happened yet.

Ruby, @ the venue M2K vs Armada was one of the most hyped sets.

Juggleguy, M2K upaired hbox and survived with 74%. Also the end of that match was :( cause M2K caught a super gimp at like 20 or something.

Both Darkrain/SS vs Mango/Lucky sets were depressing.

Darkrain vs Zhu: :(

And Mang0 jabbing hungrybox, there were like only 15 people sitting around watching, I dont remember if mang0 smiled or not, but i did look at him after he did it.

Top Bottom