• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So I eventually got tired of trying to catch Lugia in a Dusk / Ultra Ball because I'd never get a good nature alongside it. Which basically meant I soft resetted, walked up to Lugia and whipped out one of my handy dandy notebook Master Balls.

The nature was Calm.

This game does not like me at all. How does one get the GB Sounds?

-Terywj

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I wish you could capture Ho-oh in a Cherish Ball. It'd make so much sense. Speaking of Ho-oh, I hate how there's another Sacred Ash item in the game, as if to make it so SS folks don't feel left out. : /

You get the GB Sounds from Celadon "Condominums" after you get all 8 Kanto Badges. I haven't gotten it yet; I'm still at sad little Cinnabar Island. :(

On a somewhat music-related note, I hate how the Magnet Train cutscene no longer has the little whistle sound at the end. Fwoooo!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
There's another Sacred Ash? Where?

I can't even get the EXPN Card or whatever for the Magnet Train, since I apparently already took the PokeDoll from the Chairman of the Pokemon Fan Club in Vermillion.

-Terywj

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I wish you could capture Ho-oh in a Cherish Ball. It'd make so much sense. Speaking of Ho-oh, I hate how there's another Sacred Ash item in the game, as if to make it so SS folks don't feel left out. : /
To be fair, Lugia doesn't have an item. I still don't quite understand that.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Uh, unless it was changed, you can catch ho-oh in SS, at level 70, same way HG can catch Lugia at 70.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
It's a shame you can't buy Cherish Balls at them PokeMarts.

A bunch of Pokemon would look pretty cool caught in them.

-Terywj
I personally find that Premium Balls are a suitable replacement.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
So I eventually got tired of trying to catch Lugia in a Dusk / Ultra Ball because I'd never get a good nature alongside it. Which basically meant I soft resetted, walked up to Lugia and whipped out one of my handy dandy notebook Master Balls.

The nature was Calm.

This game does not like me at all. How does one get the GB Sounds?

-Terywj
Why not syn the nature?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Why not syn the nature?
*Facedeskwallbuilding*

I seem to always forget about that. I'd better catch a good Abra or something then.

Do Synchronize Pokemon work on the roaming Pokemon if you have already encountered them once?

Also, anyone else find it ridiculous / hilarious that you can just call a Gym Leader, setup a rematch, and then continue calling them up until their time frame expires?

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Do Synchronize Pokemon work on the roaming Pokemon if you have already encountered them once?
No.

Also I have Abras for every nature that matters.

But I'm not going to share one :V

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I got them from the game corner.

Wait thats right you people can't BUY coins or play SLOTS to get tons of coins really quickly to SR for Game Corner Abra.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I think you can blame someone in Europe; they decided to just keep the slots out of every English language game due to some controversy. More than 10 years later! :(

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well, you wouldn't want to encourage gambling.

Because all of us are gamblers now due to games like Sonic with life-sized slots, Pokémon with regular slots, and every other game that involves gambling.

Kintenbo

Smash Cadet
Oh ho ho! I am sooooo close to completing the Johto Pokedex! I'm at I think 244, and will need just a Gligar, Mantine, Mew, and Celebi in terms of trading! I'm going to push, push, push!

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
My pokedex counts are as follows

Johto:
Seen: 251
Obtained: 241

National
Seen 405
Obtained: 378

Most of this is thanks to trading from Pearl and Platinum. I also decided to not go through a majority of the Safari Zone stuff, so I traded an egg of anything that requires waiting for the objects to upgrade. Now I just need to raise everything to get their evos.

Also, I've been working on catching every legend in regular pokeballs and am only missing Mewtwo, Moltres, Lugia and Rayquaza (Kyogre was a pain because of Aqua Ring, but I finally got it)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I just beat Red. GOD he was annoying. I had to use a ton of healing items and it took forever. Then again, I wasn't very high leveled. My team was as follows:

Steelix level 62
Feraligatr level 68
Umbreon level 59
Pidgeot level 58
Ampharos level 62
Ninetales level 66

Pikachu was an OHKO, Blastoise was a slight pain but not too much of a problem, Lapras was fairly easy to get rid of, Snorlax took a little while to beat but gave me little to no trouble.

Venusaur was the largest pain in the entire world. It's a tank and somehow it's FAST, so I spent a good 10-20 minutes on it alone.

Charizard wasn't too much of a problem save for having to do nothing but revive for a few turns (due to Venusaur killing them) until it got paralyzed.

I still find it odd that I managed to beat him without even going past 70 on a single Pokémon, though. I'm trying to figure out if they dumbed him down or it's not as hard to beat Pokémon ~20 levels higher than you as I thought.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
That team was overleveled.

I beat red with a level 54 and 5 level 50s :V

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well, you wouldn't want to encourage gambling.

Because all of us are gamblers now due to games like Sonic with life-sized slots, Pokémon with regular slots, and every other game that involves gambling.
We're all a bunch of Rambling, Gambling dudes.

Elite Four's putting up a good fight, gonna need to get around to finding an ice move for Polywhirl to learn for Lance.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'm going strong in the game, I just completed the light house this afternoon and am now up to the Safari Zone; Jasmine can wait for a bit.

My team (I can't remember stats or stuff atm), consists of a level 39 Typhlosion and Slowbro, and I got through the light house by just using Typhlosion's swift, and OHKO'ing all the Pokemon inside there. I'd just like to know if I'm overlevelled at this point in the game, as I'm planning on levelling up 5 for each gym now, so I'll be level 50 by the last in Johto, and so on.
I never like having a overly strong team, but I also don't want to get to a point where I'll need to buy a ton of items or grind to get past a certain section.
So could you tell me, if I carry on at this pace will I get too high a level, or would carrying on at this pace still provide some difficulty for me later on?

And also, I have a small army of Heracross, but none of them want to be Jolly :mad:.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm at Clair and I have a level 30 Pikachu as my powerhouse.

No joke.

UncleSam

Smash Master
And also, I have a small army of Heracross, but none of them want to be Jolly :mad:.
breed for jolly then, you'd have to train it from lv. 1 tho.
well that shouldn't be too hard, I got a riolu that was lv. 1 from my diamond and it's level is higher then the rest of my team for the story (prolly from the extra exp due to trading, but that's not the point)

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Got 3 lights balls today...still trying to get a fly or surf pikachu...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm so relieved -- not only did I finally get a Flying Pikachu, I got two. I can finally stop spending my days waiting for a Flying Pikachu in the Yellow Forest and getting a ton of useless extra Pikachus.

Top Bottom